PDA

View Full Version : In praise of... The Kenways

Foyez5
12-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to give my thoughts on AC4, having finally completed the game and i have to say i really enjoyed game and seeing the progress of Edward from being this pirate to finally becoming an assassin. Though he became one finally near the end of game you could sort of see where Haytham and Connor inherited his personality. I really enjoyed the ending especially the part of where he leaves Great Inagua and the sadness of seeing all his friends who have died and passed away. It was so cool to see him meet his daughter and seeing them sail back to England and hearing them chat about ships and jenny's mum was quite sweet. But I loved the ending of seeing them all together at the Coven Garden Theatre and to me anyway i get the impression that the relationship between Edward and his daughter is one of understanding and respect. Knowing that decades later that little boy would go back to this theatre on to becoming a Templar and that his son Connor would become an assassin, and playing as Edward you can sort of get get that, knowing that Edward spent long time using both sides for his own good. But that last scene at the theatre was for me a little sad too knowing what fate befalls his family. Though i would like to say that i want to know what happened with Connor doesn't have to be a game would read a novel about him too.

Al in all i have praise for the Kenway family though they all paid price for this.

ze_topazio
12-24-2013, 06:42 PM
A nice family, they will be missed, now lets move on to the next family.

Hans684
12-24-2013, 11:17 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwk3Ap8yBI

Foyez5
12-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Fitting tribute to the Kenways.

marcbryan
12-25-2013, 05:32 AM
All in all a much more interesting family dynamic and story than the Auditores. Wish they would have made another Kenway centric game instead of Brotherhood.

pirate1802
12-25-2013, 05:33 AM
Assassins Creed's First Family. Without a doubt.

I-Like-Pie45
12-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Coincidentally, I just finished writing an extremely brief Kenway Family Christmas special (actually just one Kenway).

Stealth Gamer92
12-25-2013, 06:01 AM
I want to know what happens to Edward. I mean the little...surprise shall we say(in Freedom Cry) has me wanting to know. What the hell happened? :confused:

pirate1802
12-25-2013, 06:07 AM
I want to know what happens to Edward. I mean the little...surprise shall we say(in Freedom Cry) has me wanting to know. What the hell happened? :confused:

I guess that little surprise is finding the ruins of Jackdaw?

Stealth Gamer92
12-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Yes. I don't know if the insta-ban when posting spoilers is still in effect.

LoyalACFan
12-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Yes. I don't know if the insta-ban when posting spoilers is still in effect.

In case you didn't already read Forsaken, he dies in combat when hitmen (under the employ of Edward's secretly Templar friend Reginald Birch) break into his house thirteen years after he retired from piracy. Jenny was kidnapped, and Haytham was manipulated into joining the Templars so he could get revenge. Eventually he discovered the truth, rescued Jenny from slavery, and the two of them killed Birch.

If you're just talking about what happened to the Jackdaw, no idea. Headcanon says that Edward returned to Jamaica to kill Woodes Rogers, and after doing so, deliberately sunk his fleet as a symbolic end to his life as a pirate, and briefly reunited with Adewale for a bro-hug and a ride home on the Experto Crede.

Foyez5
12-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Assassins Creed's First Family. Without a doubt.

Agreed!

Stealth Gamer92
01-01-2014, 01:52 AM
In case you didn't already read Forsaken, he dies in combat when hitmen (under the employ of Edward's secretly Templar friend Reginald Birch) break into his house thirteen years after he retired from piracy. Jenny was kidnapped, and Haytham was manipulated into joining the Templars so he could get revenge. Eventually he discovered the truth, rescued Jenny from slavery, and the two of them killed Birch.

If you're just talking about what happened to the Jackdaw, no idea. Headcanon says that Edward returned to Jamaica to kill Woodes Rogers, and after doing so, deliberately sunk his fleet as a symbolic end to his life as a pirate, and briefly reunited with Adewale for a bro-hug and a ride home on the Experto Crede.

I am currently on a waiting list for all ACIV books. So I'll really be looking forward to reading them Now, thank you for answering.

mikeyf1999
01-01-2014, 05:31 AM
Unfortunately he is dead by that time