PDA

View Full Version : I called Ubisoft and this is what they said about the "missing social events"

KILLjuice008
12-24-2013, 01:19 AM
I called Ubisoft customer support (1-888-824-7038), and complained about the missing whales, chests, and convoys. The representative I spoke with said that the developers were not happy with how frequently the social events were showing up when the game launched. So Ubisoft changed the events to become more rare, but they made them almost impossible to show up. According to the representative, the events are not missing, but very very rare. I told him to file my complaint as social events are too rare and that I was at 100% sync with 1 whale, 0 chests, and 0 convoys. He said that every 1 or 2 weeks they relay all complaints to the developers. So maybe if we get enough phone calls they will make the events spawn with higher frequency.

In summary: I called Ubisoft customer support(1-888-824-7038), the developers made it "too easy" for social events to spawn, they changed the social events to very very rare, but the events are should still be there.

You should call Ubisoft customer support (1-888-824-7038) and complain as I did.

LoyalACFan
12-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Social events were a bad idea to begin with IMO. When will they learn to let SP be SP?

homleshobo
12-24-2013, 01:35 AM
It would be nice if they would fix this problem

IWGCJoeCool
12-24-2013, 01:59 AM
I called Ubisoft customer support (1-888-824-7038), and complained about the missing whales, chests, and convoys. The representative I spoke with said that the developers were not happy with how frequently the social events were showing up when the game launched. So Ubisoft changed the events to become more rare, but they made them almost impossible to show up. According to the representative, the events are not missing, but very very rare. I told him to file my complaint as social events are too rare and that I was at 100% sync with 1 whale, 0 chests, and 0 convoys. He said that every 1 or 2 weeks they relay all complaints to the developers. So maybe if we get enough phone calls they will make the events spawn with higher frequency.

In summary: I called Ubisoft customer support(1-888-824-7038), the developers made it "too easy" for social events to spawn, they changed the social events to very very rare, but the events are should still be there.

You should call Ubisoft customer support (1-888-824-7038) and complain as I did.

thankyou for the report. i did have a whale the other day, so i thought this was "on the mend", but nothing else has come up...no blue chests, no convoys with a time stamp. also, that whale did not get shared with my friend, so it was curious indeed.

f4iln00b
12-24-2013, 02:46 AM
All I have gotten was 4 whales 1 social chest and 0 royal convoys. All in the first week and a bit. I haven't seen anything since.

capnbones1313
12-24-2013, 02:46 AM
They are full of crap. It's broken and this is just their excuse to bide some time. Many of us are sitting out there with flashing blue icons on our maps, no timer, and no more social events appearing. Like has been mentioned before - online stuff has no place in single player, let alone having it as a requirement to complete the game 100%.

Well right after I posted here I went to do the community challenge...and what do you know...a Royal Convoy. My apologies Ubi.

IWGCJoeCool
12-24-2013, 03:15 AM
They are full of crap. It's broken and this is just their excuse to bide some time. Many of us are sitting out there with flashing blue icons on our maps, no timer, and no more social events appearing. Like has been mentioned before - online stuff has no place in single player, let alone having it as a requirement to complete the game 100%.

Well right after I posted here I went to do the community challenge...and what do you know...a Royal Convoy. My apologies Ubi.

a Royal Convoy, with a time limit to do it? we're not talking about the regular, though now rare White, regular convoys

????

Lethalla
12-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Personally I don't see why they would be bothered about Social Events showing up "too frequently"... I've already played hours on both PS3 and PS4, had a ton of them show up on PS3 even after both patches, but none whatsoever on PS4 despite walking around and around cities and sailing all over the place. It's difficult to even find other sea creatures.

Besides which, MrShade said in another thread about this, that there are Social Event "problems on certain consoles".

I'm not going to call them as I live in Australia (and I'm too busy) but I did post a Support ticket on this and other PS4 issues. Suggest maybe for those who can, both call AND post a ticket.

dano1mark10
12-24-2013, 03:36 AM
well mine come up too frequently im not kidding every couple of minutes

eaglefan129
12-24-2013, 03:41 AM
#firstworldproblems in all seriouness now if i'm stuck on 99% for platium (on ps4 i got the trophy on ps3) I can't get the sharing trophy or whatever its called that will annoy me but for now i don't see myself playing a crap ton of mp so i probably won't platium it...while i was playing i was wondering where the s chests were and what not good to no that its not on my end

capnbones1313
12-24-2013, 03:54 AM
a Royal Convoy, with a time limit to do it? we're not talking about the regular, though now rare White, regular convoys

????

Nope. A Blue Royal Convoy. Even though I was credited it for the Abstergo challenge, It disappeared after I sunk it. No timer.

Torvaldesq
12-24-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm getting pretty sick of this inane, idiotic online crap being shoehorned into single player. It's making me seriously hate a game that I started out loving trying to get this stuff done. And it doesn't "encourage" me to get friends to play AC. It makes me warn them away. Especially any friends who are also completionists like me. "Avoid Ubisoft, they're relying on broken online gimmicks to keep completionists hammering away at their games, and they've shown zero desire or initiative in fixing it."

farb0dkain
12-24-2013, 07:17 AM
here is answer of Support team:

Adam12/23/2013 5:44:34 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This is a known issue and has been sent through the appropriate channels for processing. If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website. Sorry for any inconvenience

Fatal-Feit
12-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Keep calling guys.

Lethalla
12-24-2013, 02:40 PM
I wonder if... just a thought I had... even though Kenway's Fleet shows up "Friend's Ships" (rather than their actual PSN ID like on PS3, it just says "Friend" on PS4) that you can help speed up, when you have a look at the SP Leaderboards for Most Feared Pirate, Most Prosperous Pirate and Deadliest Assassin, and filter by Friends, only YOUR name appears. On PS3 I checked this a lot as I wanted to beat one guy in particular. I know that other friends on PS4 have played SP so their names should appear.

So, I wonder if this Leaderboard issue is linked to the lack of Social Events?

jsmith
12-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Take it with a grain of salt, especially in light of other posts here, but I called about a week ago and was told rather quickly it was a known issue (I only asked about PS4) and that they had a fix developed already, in testing, and will have it out in the next patch that goes to Sony. They seemed to think it would be sometime in January.

I hate this phantom icon.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 04:49 PM
I was told it was a known issue too and received pretty much the same message farb0dkain did.

pacmanate
12-24-2013, 09:55 PM
I got a crap load of whales and stuff when I was playing on PS3. Maybe they changed it right when next gen launched in europe around the 22-29th November

Pandassin
12-24-2013, 11:51 PM
I got 100% Sync and I've came upon quite a few whales and convoys, but I've only ever found one chest. And now I'm not finding anything at all. It's really annoying since my last Abstergo Challenge is to find 3 social chests. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's frustrating walking around cities and all that for ages just finding a chest.