PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Kenway's fleet

Adm.Walter
12-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with Kenway's fleet. I already unlocked 13 docks and they are all filled with frigates, mostly old ones with only 45 attack and 40 storage. I send my Ships to missions every day, so my dock ist mostly empty. I managed to get my hands on some new upgraded frigates with 50 storage and another battleship, but because all my ships had to solve missions, I couldn't replace any so far with the new and better frigates.

Because of that I brought a new dock yesterday for 2000 and added one of the upgraded frigates. I thought that I just have to wait till today when every ship will return, to replace some of the old frigates. But now occurs the big problem:
I can't click on "Ignore" when the messages of the new ships pop up because I have this one Ship in this new dock that I brought yesterday. I already saw the messages on the right that confirmed that some missions had been succesfull. But because of the fact that the mission report shows up AFTER I choosed what shoul'd happen with the new ships, the game thinks that those ships has not been returned yet.

So when I checked today I could only choose to replace this one new frigate that I added yesterday to the new dock I bought, which is just stupid because I have so many old ones to replace. I can't get more "Diamonds" to buy new docks, because I can't scrap the old ones (the game thinks they are still on mission) and I can't scrap the new ones because I can't Ignore the first new Ship that shows up and I can't switch between the new ones to scrap some of the new bad ones I boarded to increase my diamonds.

It can be hard to understand ,I know, but it's such a stuuuuupid situation and I really don't know what to do now and I don't want to loose all the new ships I boarded :(

Please help me with this

Walter

medavroog
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with Kenway's fleet. I already unlocked 13 docks and they are all filled with frigates, mostly old ones with only 45 attack and 40 storage. I send my Ships to missions every day, so my dock ist mostly empty. I managed to get my hands on some new upgraded frigates with 50 storage and another battleship, but because all my ships had to solve missions, I couldn't replace any so far with the new and better frigates.

Because of that I brought a new dock yesterday for 2000 and added one of the upgraded frigates. I thought that I just have to wait till today when every ship will return, to replace some of the old frigates. But now occurs the big problem:
I can't click on "Ignore" when the messages of the new ships pop up because I have this one Ship in this new dock that I brought yesterday. I already saw the messages on the right that confirmed that some missions had been succesfull. But because of the fact that the mission report shows up AFTER I choosed what shoul'd happen with the new ships, the game thinks that those ships has not been returned yet.

So when I checked today I could only choose to replace this one new frigate that I added yesterday to the new dock I bought, which is just stupid because I have so many old ones to replace. I can't get more "Diamonds" to buy new docks, because I can't scrap the old ones (the game thinks they are still on mission) and I can't scrap the new ones because I can't Ignore the first new Ship that shows up and I can't switch between the new ones to scrap some of the new bad ones I boarded to increase my diamonds.

It can be hard to understand ,I know, but it's such a stuuuuupid situation and I really don't know what to do now and I don't want to loose all the new ships I boarded :(

Please help me with this

Walter

... you can scrap that new ship for diamonds.

Adm.Walter
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Ye I can do that. But would like to scrap all those new upgraded frigates and battleships for nothing? They were supposed to replace the old ones, not to be scrapped. And what happens when I can buy new docks? I only have 2 docks left, so I can only have like two new upgraded ships and the rest is lost....

medavroog
12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Ye I can do that. But would like to scrap all those new upgraded frigates and battleships for nothing? They were supposed to replace the old ones, not to be scrapped. And what happens when I can buy new docks? I only have 2 docks left, so I can only have like two new upgraded ships and the rest is lost....

I know what you are stating here ... despite I haven't met this issue myself but, I do understand your words. From what I understood, you got new ships in the list ... AND you cannot scrap your old ships because the game still think they are on "missions". You are thus "stuck" at unable to scrap the old ships, unable to add the new ships ... you can do nothing from this situation, you cannot continue the naval game. So, the only way for you to continue is to sacrifice those new ships, and then deal with the old ships next time ... be sure not send them on mission at the attempt.

Adm.Walter
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes you got it. It's a situation based on very specific things that happened in the past. It's very frustrating that it's programmed like that, but what can I do.... I don't think that there is any "legal" way to solve this problem. But before I start stupid things like hex editors and things like that I think I'm gonna deal with it and learn from it. Hopefully they will fix something like that in the future, but I don't think they're gonna do that, because it's in simple not a big deal because its avoidable and hard to occur. It's just super annoying when it occurs....

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 05:50 PM
This part of your reply shows that you're not understanding how the dock system is set up:

Hello,

If this is what you're talking about then your confusion is coming from, because you sent a ship off to do a route, you think that means your dock is EMPTY. However that's not how it works or is set up.

The docks in Kenway's Fleet are how many total ships you can have in Kenway's fleet. Just because a ship is on a route being on a route doesn't change how many ships you currently have in total. A ship on a route is still in the dock space. Dock is just a place holder for the current number of ships you have.

So in your case you have 13 docks filled, and by sending all 13 ships out on routes, you thought that meant you now have 13 docks available again, which explains why you couldn't swap out Ships or add them to your fleet. You also cannot do anything to any ship while it's on a route.

Does this make sense now?

Adm.Walter
12-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Why would I think that sending my ships to missions will empty my docks or anything like that? Thats just stupid because if you add a ship to a dock, the dock is blocked with this ship. It doesn't matter that the ship is on mission or somewhere else, the dock stays blocked.
There is no problem with "understanding the fleed system". The specific problem is that the screen that shows the new ships you have boarded always comes before the screen that informs you about sucessfull missions. Only if you accept the sucessfull missions the docks will acceptate that the ships are back. Thats the main problem here and I just pushed the problem way higher by adding one dock with a ship during the time the other ships where on mission. What happened because of that is explained in my first post.

So by now I already scrapped all those good new ships and kept just a new battleship. I learned from that mistake and hopefully there won't be any others with the same problem in the future, because there seems to be no additional way :(

But thank you all so far.

hlchade
12-23-2013, 09:52 PM
So by now I already scrapped all those good new ships and kept just a new battleship. I learned from that mistake and hopefully there won't be any others with the same problem in the future, because there seems to be no additional way :(

I agree with you, it's kind of a baked-in design flaw that I'm sure many people have learned to contend with. As you said, an ignore option for new ships, or pushing fleet additions to the end of the "news feed" when you log in would solve the problem. I have a couple schooners and frigates that I want to replace, but I don't want to send them out in case I capture replacement ships in the mean time.

Questions2ask
12-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Why would I think that sending my ships to missions will empty my docks or anything like that?
Because in your first post, that's exactly what you said! I have in bold where you stated that:

Hello,

feclmunday
12-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Look at this not as a problem but an opportunity:

You still need a few thousand more gems to max out your docks.
The best way to get gems is to scrap high value ships.
You have a lot of high value ships ready to scrap.
Problem solved!

Then leave your old ships in your dock and go out and capture a new fleet, it shouldn't take long. You want 2 top lvl schooners, brigs and frigates and the rest a mixture of lvl 2 and 3 men o'war. For the smaller ships you want to patrol the left most hard area for the men o'war the other two. If you capture all these ships at once you'll get pirate hunters after you and be able to have a crack at some lvl 60 men o'war.

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Look at this not as a problem but an opportunity:

You still need a few thousand more gems to max out your docks.
The best way to get gems is to scrap high value ships.
You have a lot of high value ships ready to scrap.
Problem solved!

Then leave your old ships in your dock and go out and capture a new fleet, it shouldn't take long. You want 2 top lvl schooners, brigs and frigates and the rest a mixture of lvl 2 and 3 men o'war. For the smaller ships you want to patrol the left most hard area for the men o'war the other two. If you capture all these ships at once you'll get pirate hunters after you and be able to have a crack at some lvl 60 men o'war.

Actually filling your entire fleet with level 60 Man-O-Wars is the best course of action. All you do is keep your routes clear, and you will demolish anything and everything and you don't even need Fire Barrels to do it either, in fact you wind up stocking up on them instead. I've had something like 50 Fire Barrels at one point, and I still have over 15 a this point. The only reason I only have about 18 is because I wanted to use them.

Get max gems and keep your routes safe and you will never run out of gems or have any problems with battles. When you do a battle you always use 3 ships, The top ship is how fast you can shoot, the middle one is additional firepower, and the bottom one is taking less damage, those 3 aspects apply to all 3 ships.

Here is a video explaining how to get all level 60 Man-O-Wars very quickly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOHouSRmCOg

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 09:57 PM
All you need is 2x lvl 11 Schooner and 1x lvl 60 man'o'war. This is for clearing routes, so don't send these 3 ships out. As for the other 12 slots. You can fill them however you like, there is no ideal way to optimize since all missions have a variety of cargo requirements. I have 9x lvl 38 Frigates and 3x lvl 60 man'o'war but the frigates are more than enough and one man'o'war is usually all that was needed since there are few missions with cargo over 50 slots.

You can do all man'o'wars as well but i would still suggest 2x schooner and then 13x man'o'war. Because when you are clearing routes, you put the man'o'war in the less damage slot and the two schooners in the other 2 slots. The man'o'war won't ever get a shot off, the schooners will just skin everything quick and easy. Tedious process so you just wanna get it over as quick as possible and schooners do that for u. =D

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Kenway%27s_Fleet

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 11:04 PM
I seriously wish there was an online multiplayer for this. Because none of you would survive against the fleet I have.

feclmunday
12-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Personally I would still argue that in most situations a top lvl frigate and brig as well as two schooners are useful for clearing the battles without taking damage. Given the higher lvl missions available for trade a mixture of ships is useful but you probably do want to lean towards men o war for a lot of the long distance ones, its ultimately a function of how often you log on, for what clases are best.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Personally I would still argue that in most situations a top lvl frigate and brig as well as two schooners are useful for clearing the battles without taking damage. Given the higher lvl missions available for trade a mixture of ships is useful but you probably do want to lean towards men o war for a lot of the long distance ones, its ultimately a function of how often you log on, for what clases are best.

If taking damage is the issue then that's a bad excuse. I have 9999 gems and I almost never go below 9950 and so repairing ships never poses a problem. Also this allows one to stock up on a crap load of Fire Barrels.. If you keep your routes safe you almost always make more gems than you can spend. So there is no reason NOT to have all level 60 Man-O-Wars.

Once again I would seriously love to have this online multiplayer because everyone in this thread would get totally destroyed.

Adm.Walter
12-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Because in your first post, that's exactly what you said! I have in bold where you stated that:

Aye I give you that, it was a litte missunderstandable. But I think you know now what I ment and everything should be fine. Also I didn't wanted to discuss which fleet is better and things like that. All I wanted is to report this problem to public and to might get a solutio, which was sort of successfull.

So thank you again
- Walter