PDA

View Full Version : Online Events.

TomEmilioDavies
12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Nobody has really made it clear to me, but what do I actually have to do to encounter events like White wales, Social Treasures and Royal Convoyes? So far I have not come past any of them in my hours of playing. So what do I actually have to do? Do I have to log in or register to something, pay for the content?

Lethalla
12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Don't know if you're on XB360 or XBone but for PS4 at least the Social Events aren't working. Someone else posted a thread here about these not working on XBone. PS3 was working and I'd expect XB360 events to work as well. The events trigger when you get close to them; you don't have to pay extra or anything. Suggest you post a Support Ticket in the hope they'll fix it sooner than later.

TomEmilioDavies
12-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I am on Xbox 360. But I don't now what I am actually supposed to do to get it working. I have Kenways Fleet working, and apparently if that is working it means that I sould have the online events, but I don't know if that's true.

Lethalla
12-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I have Kenway's Fleet working too on PS4, but like I said, no Social Events. There is another thread here though that someone said they had the same problem with them not working on 360. I assume you have friends on 360 who also play BF? If so, ask if they have the same problem.
Sorry I can't offer any other advice than to post a Support ticket.

Mr_Shade
12-23-2013, 01:41 PM
social events should be working - as long as you are signed into Uplay / using the Uplay passport - you should be getting some.

There maybe some issues with certain consoles - however you do not need to do anything special to get them working [apart from being online as I said]

They are dependant on your friends also playing the game - and - finding items.

Any issues, please do file a ticket as suggested:
www.support.ubi.com

farb0dkain
12-23-2013, 02:06 PM
can't find either.all my friend try to find something after spend too many hours on sea ,nothing happen.i'm playing in xbox360.i created topic and no one come to answer me.i'm 100% sure this online event have problem and none of the support team can resolve it yet.

KILLjuice008
12-23-2013, 06:50 PM
social events should be working - as long as you are signed into Uplay / using the Uplay passport - you should be getting some.

There maybe some issues with certain consoles - however you do not need to do anything special to get them working [apart from being online as I said]

www.support.ubi.com

Its pretty obvious that there is a problem. Many people on every system (PS3, PS4, Xbox360, and Xbox One) have come to the Ubisoft forums for answers to this problem, and the clear answer is that there is a problem with the servers. Many people, including myself, have put in 60+ hours in the single player and are at 100% completion and have yet to get the achievement "Sharing is Caring." Well if Ubisoft cares about their customers they will patch this soon, instead of trying to make another cash grab DLC.

DarknessRasm
12-23-2013, 08:06 PM

www.support.ubi.com

I've finished the SP story 100% and before the patch for the blackbeard DLC everything was working correctly.

Now I can sail aimlessly around the map and no sign of the Social events, all I can find are the regular Royal convoys in white.

I always play online so not a problem, my uplay is always synced with the servers (the wireless icon on the bottom of the screen is always white, the other day with the PSN maintenance it was displaying a grey colour) yet again not the problem, I always use all the codes provided with any game so yes I do have the Uplay passport even if you dropped it.

So tell me now, how are they supposed to be working like you're implying when most of the community is having trouble with them after the latest patch?!

Also dependant on our friends playing the game? Ridiculous, I was finding them way before friends playing AC4 or adding people to Uplay....

I already sent a ticket to support explaining it and they said it was a known issue and was being directed to the appropriate channels and so on....

I really hope that the next patch does fix it along with every other rewards that I'm still lacking from Initiates event and from linking both AC4 and Initiates (yes still don't have Connor's costume for the Huntsman.....).

Torvaldesq
12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
This has been the most frustrating thing I've experienced in AC 4, and it's really angering me at Ubisoft. For completionists like me, it's infuriating to have 99/100 challenges done, sailing around looking for events that nearly never happen. Oh, and to make it even better, a Royal Convoy was finally shared with me the other day by a friend. So I fast traveled to the spot and... it disappeared. Googled around a bit to find out what would make it just flat out disappear (after all, these events are supposed to stay around for the amount of time they have on their clock, which in this case was a few hours). Turns out Fast Traveling can cause them to disappear based on other accounts of this happening. But it hasn't always made them disappear for me, because I'm sure I've fast traveled to get a social chest that didn't disappear. This is separate from the bug that can cause phantom social events (i.e. an event was up, you didn't complete it in the time that was on the clock, but the icon remains on the screen and it prevents you from getting new social events - that hasn't happened to me, but it's impossible to miss that it's the most common bug experienced by others).

I can't speak as to whatever technical issues prevent solving the "phantom icon" or the "Fast Traveling makes the event disappear" bugs, or why there's inconsistency in them occurring, but in terms of just the frequency of the events, they are ridiculously low and that should be remedied immediately. Not in a month. Not in a week. Flip the switch and up the spawn rate. This isn't fun gameplay, it's frustrating and boring, and it really demonstrates how POORLY designed this was that people like me (and many others) can reach 100% completion on all chests, animus fragments, etc. (which requires a LOT of time sailing around the world) and still be far from completing this stuff (in my case, I never once found a Royal Convoy). And I'm on a PS3, where it's supposedly "working."

Oh, and for what it's worth, online gimmicks like this don't make me encourage friends to get the game. It causes me to warn completionist friends about problems with the game ("I know how you like getting platinum trophies, so just be warned that AC 4 is currently relying on broken online gimmicks...")

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 09:12 PM
This is indeed one of the largest and most talked about topics on the forums and according to Support, it was "forwarded on." I was also advised it's a known issue as well.

Shade, I don't think this is an isolated issue. Everyone across all consoles and PC are being affected by this. Would you mind finding out and getting an official statement on it?

I've probably told about 50 different people in the same amount of threads in the past two weeks alone about this issue. And clearly, it's an issue for sure. Tech Support didn't even ask me my specs or anything, just "passed it on."

I know people don't read stickies, but maybe if we can get an official status, when people keep asking about it (and they will) I can link them to a thread regarding the issue instead of repeating myself over and over again?