PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag, Start of Havana, can't climb church to get to viewpoint?

TheG0ldenHorde
12-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently started AC4 and I just got to Havana and bought my new swords. Then I am instructed to climb to the top of the nearby church to secure a better vantage point and find a tavern. I started to climb to the top of the church, but my character slipped and fell. I respawned and now I cannot change weapons, I cannot run, I cannot free run, and I cannot climb. I am simply stuck. I tried reloading the mission, I tried turning the console off and on. NOTHING WORKS!!!

Can anyone please help me? I have been waiting to play this game during winter break and it's literally the only time I have away from school to sit down and enjoy a video game.

Thanks, Golden

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Do you have an internet connection for your system? Sounds like you may be playing un-patched. See if there is an update you need to download when you connect.

TheG0ldenHorde
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
SO how screwed am I if I do not have Xbox live....? Can I fix this another way?

bennyaasnes
12-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone,

I recently started AC4 and I just got to Havana and bought my new swords. Then I am instructed to climb to the top of the nearby church to secure a better vantage point and find a tavern. I started to climb to the top of the church, but my character slipped and fell. I respawned and now I cannot change weapons, I cannot run, I cannot free run, and I cannot climb. I am simply stuck. I tried reloading the mission, I tried turning the console off and on. NOTHING WORKS!!!

Can anyone please help me? I have been waiting to play this game during winter break and it's literally the only time I have away from school to sit down and enjoy a video game.

Thanks, Golden

Got the same problem. Got on top of the church tower the first time, fell down, and now nothing works. Did you figure it out ?

bennyaasnes
12-25-2013, 09:06 PM
It's probably a bug. I started another game and tried again, jumped off the tower and it still worked.

maybefriday
12-26-2013, 10:31 PM
I had the same problem on PS3, even with all the patches applied. Desynchronizing and restarting the console/game didn't work, but reloading the mission (not just the checkpoint) did the trick.

Neth3rTwiST
01-06-2014, 04:17 AM
My 5 year old got this bug- he seriously started bawling 'daddy i cant run or climb, i hate this game!' And then I dealt with a tantrum. Please fix.

Rino890
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I had the same problem on PS3, even with all the patches applied. Desynchronizing and restarting the console/game didn't work, but reloading the mission (not just the checkpoint) did the trick.

Hi I don't have a restart mission PLZ HELP (or is it just restart memory)

Ureh
07-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi I don't have a restart mission PLZ HELP (or is it just restart memory)

My memory is a bit fuzzy, so I could be wrong. But first you access the pause menu (press "start" if you're on the ps3). You'll probably find the "restart memory" button either in the 'progress tracker' tab or the 'exit' tab. Just play around with the menu and you should eventually find it. If you can't find it, then I'll try to obtain a more definite answer for you later.

update:
1. open the pause menu
2. choose "reload" (found at the top of the pause menu if you're currently in a memory)
3. choose "restart memory"

HOLLYWOODwinz
07-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Connect Xbox360 to internet> Press the center button> Go to home menu> Hit RB Once> Go to My games> Select Assassin's Creed IV> It will ask to Update> Run the Update> After the Update, Start and Play the game as normal... Congrats! U can run, jump and climb again!