PDA

View Full Version : Ac4 naval combat and ship customization Improvements

AntonMink
12-23-2013, 03:48 AM
I have an idea to improve ship combat. You could be able to shoot both broadside cannons at once while having your view forward and press R2 and L2 triggers simultaneously, and be able to fire both heavy shots at the same time by pressing R1 and L1 simultaneously. This would allow you too go between to ships and fire at both at the same time. A consequence of doing this could be double recharge time of cannons or a new type of special ammo to try and limit overuse. Another way to make this in the game would be to implement a new ship upgrade that can be acquired in a plan or treasure map or in a small side quest. Or this could be implemented into another DLC pack as part of a quest or secret. Also another thing customizable hull skins for the Jackdaw would be awesome, it would give the jackdaw just another way to distinguish itself as the second main character of the game as the devs were trying to accomplish, and Edward is allowed to change his outfit so why not the ship, because i never really felt that changing the sails, the wheel and the figurehead made the jackdaw look much different(especially the figurehead because its very hard to see at times. This could be included in free DLC, a paid story DLC, or a future update.

Also radiant assassination and naval contracts for later play would be nice

If you agree with any of the ideas I have above could you please comment so we can try and get this feature implemented. This would be appreciated!

DeanOMiite
12-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Honestly I'd rather they just have the type of shot be selectable, like how you change weapons while playing as Edward. There have been SO many times where I've meant to fire chain shot and fired heavy shot because I wasn't facing forward enough, or vice versa. I didn't care for that (pretty much the only thing I didn't care for about the naval battles, they're AWESOME!) But I mean..I'd really rather have hit left d-pad to always fire broadside cannons from port side, right d-pad for starboard broadside, up on d-pad for chain shot, down for fire barrels, and leave mortar on left bumper. That would have made the battles a little less cumbersome.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 05:09 PM
It's too late in the development cycle for anything like this, unless it's already been implemented and ready to go out in perhaps another DLC that Shade hinted at. A patch wouldn't have something like this, because it would be too large.

Plus, this would probably have to have been created before the game was released, so it can be tested out thoroughly. Since it's not in the final product, we probably won't get anything like this for 4, but if Naval Combat continues, or something they can add to their proposed separate from Assassin's Creed new Pirate IP, then perhaps they can add it then.

Quebra Regra
12-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Far better naval combat in the last generation (original XBOX):
http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/07/03/pirates-of-the-caribbean-review

Even Sid Mier's pirates had a proper wind/weather model, and the ability to sail WITH the fleet.

SeanC_1967
12-31-2013, 01:04 AM
I've still not upgraded or changed the appearance of the Jackdaw because none of them seem to make much difference, the sails options available don't seem too great either. I like your idea, being able to change the hull appearance.

Plus, even though I've upgraded a lot of the ship, nothing aesthetically has changed which is disappointing. I hoped that by upgrading the crew quarters, Edward could go below deck and explore the rest of the ship but that hasn't happened.