PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Allegedly Working on Two Different Assassin's Creed Games for 2014

Legendz54
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/adam/22f224a8951453be93e61381a7e337d9/Assassins_Creed_Logo.jpg

An Examiner report states that Ubisoft is apparently working on two separate Assassin's Creed games for 2014.The report claims that while one title will be exclusive to the next-gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), the other will release for the last-gen ones (PS3 and Xbox 360). It also reports that the series is going through a "massive re-scope", although it didn't elaborate on what it actually means.When contacted, the company's response was the static "the company doesn't comment on rumor and speculation.

http://blog.games.com/2013/12/21/ubisoft-allegedly-working-on-two-different-assassin-s-creed-game/

killzab
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
It's cOLD in here ...

DarktheMagister
12-22-2013, 11:58 PM
It's cOLD in here ...

I was going to continue this with more words and maybe a vid link... but then I realized I would be making a "Bring It On!" reference.....and I decided the world didn't need that right now.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
I didn't know about this. Is this serious? Because that sounds really awesome. If so, I'm guessing Liberation HD will be the current-gen one? Or are they really going to release 3 different games in one year?

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I have read the Liberation HD is NOT one of the titles they are talking about in this article.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 12:10 AM
I have read the Liberation HD is NOT one of the titles they are talking about in this article.

Damn. Three games... that's pushing it.

Charles_Phipps
12-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't believe it.

I think if they're going to make a new Assassins Creed game, it'd be the same game for both console types.

IWGCJoeCool
12-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Damn. Three games... that's pushing it.

Liberation is not a new game, but a reworked for console/big(ger) screen adaptation of the PS Vita game.

and, i cant believe we'll see two totally different games coming for old and now present gen....i could see either the new consoles getting a bigger story and more gameplay / vice-versa, or the PS3/360 getting something needfully stripped down to fit.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 04:58 AM
It's just weird. I guess we'll see.

Wolfmeister1010
12-23-2013, 06:12 AM
The rumor also states that the series is under a MASSIVE rescope. I am kinda afraid, however, that this method of two games in one year will make the two games smaller

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 06:26 AM
The rumor also states that the series is under a MASSIVE rescope. I am kinda afraid, however, that this method of two games in one year will make the two games smaller

That would suck big time. A massive rescope interests me greatly though, even though I love AC4 to death.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't mind rescope....as long as it stay within the continuity of the universe....

But MASSIVE rescope scares me. Suddenly AC is only 1st person like FC3. Suddenly AC is no longer a parkour title.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 08:47 AM
I don't mind rescope....as long as it stay within the continuity of the universe....

But MASSIVE rescope scares me. Suddenly AC is only 1st person like FC3. Suddenly AC is no longer a parkour title.

I don't think they meant like that.

LoyalACFan
12-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I'm concerned by this. I know Ubisoft is a massive company with dozens of teams, but really, two full open-world AC games in one year is not something that needs to happen. If a "massive" re-scope is in the works, I'm afraid they're going to start cranking out ACB-length games every year. Which is not a long enough game to do a new protagonist justice.

Ubi corporate... -__-

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2013, 10:27 AM
if this is true, Ubisoft will only realize how the parallel development and yearly releases are hurting this franchise when they release an AC game that is a complete failure (profit-wise) and then they'll pretend is franchise fatigue and stop releasing AC games and begin to milk Watch Dogs (assuming they won't be doing it by the time this happens)...

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm assuming this double release thing is just because of the new console generation.

misterB2001
12-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm assuming this double release thing is just because of the new console generation.

that would be a sensible assumption.

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2013, 12:36 PM

this doesn't make the development process easier, and since (IMO) the way they are handling things now is doing more harm than good, imagine with 3 games in development...

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
this doesn't make the development process easier...

True. But I mean in the sense that I doubt that they've geared up into doing 2 a year from now on.... just this once.

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2013, 12:47 PM
True. But I mean in the sense that I doubt that they've geared up into doing 2 a year from now on.... just this once.

if it "works" (and by "work" read: make enough profit that'll justify the trouble of make a new game) I wouldn't be surprised if they do this more often...

oliacr
12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
those 2 games are liberation hd and ac5 aren't those?
They said at E3 that 3 games are being developed. One of those was AC4, one of those is AC Liberation HD and one more which is AC5

lothario-da-be
12-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Maybe 2 games next year won't be that bad.At least i hope so. Maybe we get a prequel on ps3 and the real game on ps4, like Metal gear.
Or we get a Connor sequel on ps3! :p And AC5 on ps4.

PedroAntonio2
12-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Maybe 2 games next year won't be that bad.At least i hope so. Maybe we get a prequel on ps3 and the real game on ps4, like Metal gear.
Or we get a Connor sequel on ps3! :p And AC5 on ps4.

Actually Phantom Pain is coming to PS3 as well.

PedroAntonio2
12-23-2013, 04:09 PM
The Current-Gen game could be set in Brazil...they wouldn't need to change anything. The tropical setting from ACIV would return, with jungles, trees, sea, beaches, sand, etc...the Naval gameplay could return, etc. And the Next-Gen would be in China, with an upgrade from AnvilNext Engine.

pacmanate
12-23-2013, 04:10 PM
This is old news.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
The other AC is Watchdogs. Mark my words, your mind shall be blown.

PedroAntonio2
12-23-2013, 05:37 PM

Imagine in the end of the game... Aiden Pearce is walking on the street with another character, then he sees an Abstergo commercial on TV. Aiden then says to his friend '' From now on, call me.....ERUDITO!''

Mindblow

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Imagine in the end of the game... Aiden Pearce is walking on the street with another character, then he sees an Abstergo commercial on TV. Aiden then says to his friend '' From now on, call me.....ERUDITO!'' Mindblow I bet at some point of the game we'll see someone using Erudito as a code name/username..

pirate1802
12-23-2013, 07:45 PM
if this is true, Ubisoft will only realize how the parallel development and yearly releases are hurting this franchise when they release an AC game that is a complete failure (profit-wise) and then they'll pretend is franchise fatigue and stop releasing AC games and begin to milk Watch Dogs (assuming they won't be doing it by the time this happens)...

Man, you are always such a downer.. :(

But you speak the truth unfortunately.

hollowhell
12-23-2013, 07:49 PM

When will you understand that Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs aren't even in the same universe ?

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 08:11 PM
When will you understand that Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs aren't even in the same universe ?

I know I've said this before.....but the stories are connected. Even if Ubi just intended the ctOS cameo in Black Flag to just be a nod to WatchDogs....its mere existence means the universes are connected. Well that or the AC universe has it's own parallel reality version of WatchDogs.

FrankieSatt
12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Wow, they are going to screw up 2 games at once instead of trying to focus on ONE game and actually make this one worthy of the title "Assassin's Creed".

If there is any truth to this than I know for damn sure neither game will be worth the DVD it's copied on.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Wow, they are going to screw up 2 games at once instead of trying to focus on ONE game and actually make this one worthy of the title "Assassin's Creed".

If there is any truth to this than I know for damn sure neither game will be worth the DVD it's copied on.

When you post, do you have a macro handy nearby for it?

FrankieSatt
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
When you post, do you have a macro handy nearby for it?

I'm not understanding your post but everything I type is done by hand each and every time and from the heart and pure 100% my opinion of what is posted. I hold nothing back nor do I kiss anyone's butt, I tell it like it is.

What you get from me is not fake, in any way, shape or form.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm not understanding your post but everything I type is done by hand each and every time and from the heart and pure 100% my opinion of what is posted. I hold nothing back nor do I kiss anyone's butt, I tell it like it is.

What you get from me is not fake, in any way, shape or form.

Nah, it's just the same thing over and over again. AC4 is just as much worthy of the name Assassin's Creed as any other game.

It's not about kissing butt either, it's that you're being negative when we don't even know the details yet. For all you know, it could be two of the best AC games you've ever played.

FrankieSatt
12-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Nah, it's just the same thing over and over again. AC4 is just as much worthy of the name Assassin's Creed as any other game.

It's not about kissing butt either, it's that you're being negative when we don't even know the details yet. For all you know, it could be two of the best AC games you've ever played.

They couldn't get it right with ONE game, Black Flag. Creating 2 games at the same time, if true, will be nothing short of a disaster. Instead everyone focusing on ONE game you have a team focusing on TWO games. You don't see a problem with that?

I'm being negative because I don't see an outcome that has anything positive when a dev team is creating 2 games at once instead of focusing EVERYTHING on ONE game and making that game the best you can.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 10:11 PM
They got it right with Black Flag. Black Flag's story was about Edward, and how he became an Assassin. There are other AC games that have the same idea, but you're fine with those? Ezio didn't become an Assassin until much later, Altair lost his Assassin rank due to his arrogance. Half of AC3 you weren't even playing an Assassin.

That's my point. Your issue is it was "Assassin's Creed" because Edward wasn't an Assassin, but neither were the others.

And we don't know the details, still. It could be two different dev teams. How would that be a problem then?

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Mnemonic? Stop arguing with people and let them have their opinions. I disagree with him as much as the next guy and even get annoyed by his posts but every second thread it's just you arguing with someone.

hollowhell
12-23-2013, 10:20 PM
I know I've said this before.....but the stories are connected. Even if Ubi just intended the ctOS cameo in Black Flag to just be a nod to WatchDogs....its mere existence means the universes are connected. Well that or the AC universe has it's own parallel reality version of WatchDogs.

Nope you're absolutely wrong. Multiple devs from Ubi Montereal, including AC4's lead writer McDevitt confirmed many times there were not connected. The ctOS thing in AC4 was just an easter egg (do you understand what it means ?) like the MGS easter egg in AC2. There will be AC easter eggs in WD too.
But people still believe WD is a modern AC. This is stupid and it defies common sense.

FrankieSatt
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
They got it right with Black Flag. Black Flag's story was about Edward, and how he became an Assassin. There are other AC games that have the same idea, but you're fine with those? Ezio didn't become an Assassin until much later, Altair lost his Assassin rank due to his arrogance. Half of AC3 you weren't even playing an Assassin.

That's my point. Your issue is it was "Assassin's Creed" because Edward wasn't an Assassin, but neither were the others.

And we don't know the details, still. It could be two different dev teams. How would that be a problem then?

As far as Black Flag goes, the game focused 90% on Pirating and threw in just enough "Assassin's Creed" material just so they could use the name. I'm not saying it was a bad overall game, I'm saying it was a bad Assassin's Creed game.

As far as creating 2 games at once, I didn't take from the post and the link that there were 2 teams. If there were 2 teams that would be better, but there is still the problem of having 2 teams working together to make sure both games complement each other and that the other team actually understands the Assassins' Creed Franchise and has played and understand the previous games created.

If you don't understand what has been created in the past than what you create in the future will be drastically different and will not be worth of an "Assassin's Creed" game. There is nothing beneficial, other than money, to create 2 games at one time.

Savage Baird LE
12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Annual titles is already pushing it so I definitely do NOT want 2 titles a year. Please, let this just be a one time thing.

I am no longer buying games for last-gen so if this last-gen game takes away from the other, I'm going to be extremely pissed. Combining a massive re-scope and double the work makes it sound likes these are just going to be 'test' games like Gears of War: Judgment and Halo 4.

I love ACIV, Ubisoft, please don't take 3 steps back.

I-Like-Pie45
12-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Mnemonic? Stop arguing with people and let them have their opinions. I disagree with him as much as the next guy and even get annoyed by his posts but every second thread it's just you arguing with someone.

Opinions caused World War II. They are a greater threat to humanity that the superflu, nuclear bomb, and shapeshifting reptiloid Illumnati bankers. To let one have their opinions is a threatening liability.

The sooner we have assimilated all of humanity into a single hivemind that speaks the same words, speaks the same thoughts, the sooner that world peace and happiness can be achieved for there finally shall be a unanimous criterion.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Nope you're absolutely wrong. Multiple devs from Ubi Montereal, including AC4's lead writer McDevitt confirmed many times there were not connected. The ctOS thing in AC4 was just an easter egg (do you understand what it means ?) like the MGS easter egg in AC2. There will be AC easter eggs in WD too.
But people still believe WD is a modern AC. This is stupid and it defies common sense.

Yeah...but the existence of the Easter Egg is canon to the game universe..... so a version of ctOS exists in the AC universe. SO although....the games may not be connected...but elements of WatchDogs (at least the ctOS system) exists in the AC universe... like I said in the last sentence of that post you quoted.
Just like how the Abstergo Symbol showing up in FC3 must mean that some form of Abstergo enterprises must exist in the FC3 universe (if they aren't the same universe).

Its a Parallel Universes/Realities thing.

Also by "the MGS Easter Egg in AC2"....are you referencing the Raiden costume in AC:B? Because I mean....it's not a long shot to say that since AC Earth is a Parallel to this Earth that the MGS video game franchise could exist there too.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 10:45 PM
opinions caused world war ii. They are a greater threat to humanity that the superflu, nuclear bomb, and shapeshifting reptiloid illumnati bankers. To let one have their opinions is a threatening liability.

The sooner we have assimilated all of humanity into a single hivemind that speaks the same words, speaks the same thoughts, the sooner that world peace and happiness can be achieved for there finally shall be a unanimous criterion.

all hail britannia!

hollowhell
12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah...but the existence of the Easter Egg is canon to the game universe..... so a version of ctOS exists in the AC universe. SO although....the games may not be connected...but elements of WatchDogs (at least the ctOS system) exists in the AC universe... like I said in the last sentence of that post you quoted.
Just like how the Abstergo Symbol showing up in FC3 must mean that some form of Abstergo enterprises must exist in the FC3 universe (if they aren't the same universe).

Also by "the MGS Easter Egg in AC2"....are you referencing the Raiden costume in AC:B? Because I mean....it's not a long shot to say that since AC Earth is a Parallel to this Earth that the MGS video game franchise could exist there too.

What ?

Is this canon ? Is Solid Snake an Assassin ?

http://www.sitsam.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Assassins-Creed-Metal-Gear-Solid.png

Nope. Neither is the ctOS easter egg/joke between the two teams in Ubi Montreal who work on AC and WD. Darby McDevitt wrote the whole game and confirmed that. How can you deny what he says ? You crazy theory about parallel universes makes no sense. (even if it is less crazy than the theory "Watch_Dogs is Assassin's Creed 6 and Aiden Pierce is Erudito")

Savage Baird LE
12-23-2013, 11:01 PM

Dude, chill out. They're just easter eggs. In no way do they mean the universes are connected. Quit over-thinking it.

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm so sick of this Watch Dogs and AC linked in the "same universe". They are not. It's been confirmed. None of their games are in the same universe whatsoever. Not connected.

Easter eggs people, just little jokes, and that's all.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 11:12 PM
What is everyone freaking out about?

I'm not claiming the games are connected.... I'm just saying that BLUME and ctOS exist in the AC universe.

AND yeah...there were no cardboard boxes in Ancient Rome.... but remember...thats inside the Animus... so what you seeing could be altered... like how you encounter White Whales in Black Flag.

The file referencing BLUME and ctOS are in the modern day.... and that just means that BLUME and ctOS exist in the AC universe.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 11:24 PM

Shahkulu? Stop telling me what to do and ignore my posts if you don't like it.

I love how my opinion is an argument yet the other guy's is just an opinion.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
As far as Black Flag goes, the game focused 90% on Pirating and threw in just enough "Assassin's Creed" material just so they could use the name. I'm not saying it was a bad overall game, I'm saying it was a bad Assassin's Creed game.

As far as creating 2 games at once, I didn't take from the post and the link that there were 2 teams. If there were 2 teams that would be better, but there is still the problem of having 2 teams working together to make sure both games complement each other and that the other team actually understands the Assassins' Creed Franchise and has played and understand the previous games created.

If you don't understand what has been created in the past than what you create in the future will be drastically different and will not be worth of an "Assassin's Creed" game. There is nothing beneficial, other than money, to create 2 games at one time.

Because it wasn't about an Assassin from the beginning of the game?

None of them have been about that. I don't understand your issue. From the very start of 4, you see Duncan. You get mixed up in his business and what happens from there. It's all Assassin's Creed. Yes, it has piracy thrown in. Ezio didn't have a "side job", nor Altair, neither did Connor. But Ezio's father did.

Assassins don't have to just be Assassins. I'm glad that 4 went the way it did and showed a different side. Doesn't make it any less of an AC game though.

hollowhell
12-24-2013, 02:39 AM
What is everyone freaking out about?

I'm not claiming the games are connected.... I'm just saying that BLUME and ctOS exist in the AC universe.

AND yeah...there were no cardboard boxes in Ancient Rome.... but remember...thats inside the Animus... so what you seeing could be altered... like how you encounter White Whales in Black Flag.

The file referencing BLUME and ctOS are in the modern day.... and that just means that BLUME and ctOS exist in the AC universe.

I answered to Shahkulu101 who said that AC=WD. Then you quoted my answer.

But still, you are wrong with you're crazy theory.You don't understand what is an easter egg. Too bad. I won't waste my time trying to explain to you what is the difference between a joke and the "universes" of the game/ what is "canon".

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 02:47 AM

No, it's a reference for the fans. It's not cannon. Just a little joke. They threw in some fan made art of a cowboy assassin in one of the files too, do you seriously think there's going to be a cowboy AC game? Riiight.

ze_topazio
12-24-2013, 03:31 AM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120103210347/assassinscreed/images/8/8e/Altair-optimus.png

Assassin's Creed and Transformers confirmed to be part of the same universe.

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 03:37 AM

Funny, I'm playing AC2 right now and what you said could be mistaken for that game. It was a great game, but man, the amount of non-AC stuff thrown in can make me sometimes forget I'm playing an AC game. Just some game with a guy wearing his papa's clothes and going after his papa's killers. Hard to think that AC2 gets the pass with all this, while people suddenly complain about AC4 not being Assassin enough. Hell, its even hailed as the best AC evaaa while having some of lightest creed content among all games. Perplexing.

I-Like-Pie45
12-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Going by this Easter Egg logic, that would mean that Godzilla, Dr. Who, Monty Python, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Venture Bros, 1984, South Park, 2001, Austin Powers, CSI Miami, Doctor Strangelove, Indiana Jones, etc. are all part of the Fallout universe! :eek:

And this means that Assassin's Creed exists in The Witcher's universe as well! :eek::eek:

Now it all makes sense!

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Going by this Easter Egg logic, that would mean that Godzilla, Dr. Who, Monty Python, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Venture Bros, 1984, South Park, 2001, Austin Powers, CSI Miami, Doctor Strangelove, Indiana Jones, etc. are all part of the Fallout universe! :eek:

And this means that Assassin's Creed exists in The Witcher's universe as well! :eek::eek:

Now it all makes sense!

Thank god somebody said this.

I thank you good sir.

LoyalACFan
12-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Funny, I'm playing AC2 right now and what you said could be mistaken for that game. It was a great game, but man, the amount of non-AC stuff thrown in can make me sometimes forget I'm playing an AC game. Just some game with a guy wearing his papa's clothes and going after his papa's killers. Hard to think that AC2 gets the pass with all this, while people suddenly complain about AC4 not being Assassin enough. Hell, its even hailed as the best AC evaaa while having some of lightest creed content among all games. Perplexing.

Yeah, I love how people complain about Edward not being a real Assassin, or that he was inducted too late in the game. Meanwhile in AC2 you weren't an Assassin until TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE CREDITS ROLL

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I love how people complain about Edward not being a real Assassin, or that he was inducted too late in the game. Meanwhile in AC2 you weren't an Assassin until TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE CREDITS ROLL

People just want to follow the masses with the whole "Pirate's Creed" thing because they feel pirates are too mainstream. Kind of hypocritical if you ask me considering if you think with that mindset then they are technically conforming to that way of thinking.

shobhit7777777
12-24-2013, 08:33 AM
No **** sherlocks....

Why is this news?

LoyalACFan
12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
No **** sherlocks....

Why is this news?

Why is what news? The fact that they're probably working on two titles in ADDITION to Liberation HD? Meaning THREE console AC games in 2014?

That seems like kind of big news to me.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 08:39 AM

People just want to follow the masses with the whole "Pirate's Creed" thing because they feel pirates are too mainstream. Kind of hypocritical if you ask me considering if you think with that mindset then they are technically conforming to that way of thinking.

It's because in the other games you did Assassin like things, but in this one, you do Assassin and Pirate like things, and therefore, it's not "pure."

It's why I keep bringing up Giovanni Auditore. He was a banker by day and did Assassin work at night. Some people feel that Assassins have to just be Assassins and that's not the case at all.

PRESS X TO APPROVE THIS BANK LOAN.
PRESS O TO DENY IT.

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 08:53 AM
I dunno, running about Venice and freeing thugs and mercenaries doesn't strike as very assassinlike to me. I absolutely adore AC2, lemme tell you that, and I don't even have a big problem with assassin doing nonassassinlike things, like you said. It adds a bit of variety that was sorely lacking in AC1. But if someone does have problems with it, then he should have problems with those games as well. Infact he should have problems with all post-AC1 games save maaaybe Revelations.

Fatal-Feit
12-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I dunno, running about Venice and freeing thugs and mercenaries doesn't strike as very assassinlike to me. I absolutely adore AC2, lemme tell you that, and I don't even have a big problem with assassin doing nonassassinlike things, like you said. It adds a bit of variety that was sorely lacking in AC1. But if someone does have problems with it, then he should have problems with those games as well. Infact he should have problems with all post-AC1 games save maaaybe Revelations.

Revelations and AC:3 deserves a pass on this ''non-creed'.

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2013, 01:27 PM

the character is a pirate stucked in the middle of the Assassin vs Templar war that don't take a side until near the end of the game, AC4 focus is on naval gameplay and most of its side activities (find treasures, harpooning, raid plantations, etc) give strenght to this idea, people have this idea that AC is about running on rooftops and exploring cities, when you put the focus of the game in another thing other than this, of course people will call it Pirate's Creed...

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 01:55 PM
It's why I keep bringing up Giovanni Auditore. He was a banker by day and did Assassin work at night. Some people feel that Assassins have to just be Assassins and that's not the case at all.

Did you play the Auditore family crypt in AC2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCs1gGVlJcM#t=05m41s

The Auditore family weren't even real bankers, it was just a disquise.

"To the Auditore that reads this, remember that you are not a nobleman. You are not one of the deceivers, you are one of the people. Avenge us!"

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 02:03 PM
the character is a pirate stucked in the middle of the Assassin vs Templar war that don't take a side until near the end of the game, AC4 focus is on naval gameplay and most of its side activities (find treasures, harpooning, raid plantations, etc) give strenght to this idea, people have this idea that AC is about running on rooftops and exploring cities, when you put the focus of the game in another thing other than this, of course people will call it Pirate's Creed...

Yet he indeed is involved in the war, no? Although unwillingly. Same as Ezio. And sure, AC4 does have a bunch of naval side activities. Yet it has a bunch of land ones too. They added new side content without compromising the land activities. assassination contracts now actually feel like assassinations, rather than go here and kill these guards. Plantations are good stealthy side activities, so are smuggler dens. Heck the overall land gameplay has been drastically improved fro AC3. Yet somehow all these escape people's attention. Seriously when I first started playing the game, this is what impressed me the most. Not the ship stuff or the underwater swimming. And I'd say this is the one thing I'll remember AC4 for, for bringing back the traditional AC gameplay into the series, for being the closest game to the original AC concept. And yet..

Anyway, by the same token, how does running with thieves, beating up cheating husbands and delivering letters have anything to do with being an assassin? How does destroying machines of mass destruction have to do with being an assassin? Or how about collecting some books? Infact what does Ezio being basically on a quest for vengeance have to do with assassins anyway? His targets just conveniently happened to be Templars. Sid describes AC2 as the story of a 15th century batman. He's spot on. What I'm saying is, people want to call it pirate's creed then fair enough. But then they should realize it was always this way after AC1. Its just that the fluffy side activities which have nothing to do with being a sneaky killer have moved from land to sea. Thats all.

How is finding treasures a naval activity btw? O.o

misterB2001
12-24-2013, 02:07 PM

"To the Auditore that reads this, remember that you are not a nobleman. You are not one of the deceivers, you are one of the people. Avenge us!"they may not have been noblemen but they were most definitely bankers

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 02:09 PM
AC2 a 15th century batman story? Robin hood ok, but batman?

Batman is working FOR the authorities. Ezio is working AGAINST the authorities most of the time.

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 02:11 PM
they may not have been noblemen but they were most definitely bankers

It served as a disguise.

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Guy gets his family murdered, works for vengeance that changes his life and makes him into s superdupwr awesome guy. Close enough I'd say.. and lol I'm not saying that as a bad thing. Just sayin' that if people want to say that oooh Eddy's no assassin he's just a pirate, they should look closer at AC2 maybe.

Btw, Ezio was working FOR the authority most of the time as well. Depends on how you define authority. Who do you think sends all those assassination contracts to him? He was virtually Lorenzo's lapdog, which I didnt like at all since that guy came across as shady as hell. To me at least. In any case he was for the most time protecting this leader or that, and shared warm relations with a lot of them. Not quite what I'd describe as working against authority.

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Guy gets his family murdered, works for vengeance that changes his life and makes him into s superdupwr awesome guy. Close enough I'd say.. and lol I'm not saying that as a bad thing. Just sayin' that if people want to say that oooh Eddy's no assassin he's just a pirate, they should look closer at AC2 maybe.

Btw, Ezio was working FOR the authority most of the time as well. Depends on how you define authority. Who do you think sends all those assassination contracts to him? He was virtually Lorenzo's lapdog, which I didnt like at all since that guy came across as shady as hell. To me at least. In any case he was for the most time protecting this leader or that, and shared warm relations with a lot of them. Not quite what I'd describe as working against authority.

That's why i said most of the time. Working for Lorenzo was a relatively small part of AC2 right? if i recall correctly...

But i get the comparison of his family being murdered and therefore seeking revenge. But let's be honest..that subject plays a big role in many games and movies. It's kinda cliché..

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Yet he indeed is involved in the war, no? Although unwillingly. Same as Ezio. And sure, AC4 does have a bunch of naval side activities. Yet it has a bunch of land ones too. They added new side content without compromising the land activities. assassination contracts now actually feel like assassinations, rather than go here and kill these guards. Plantations are good stealthy side activities, so are smuggler dens. Heck the overall land gameplay has been drastically improved fro AC3. Yet somehow all these escape people's attention. Seriously when I first started playing the game, this is what impressed me the most. Not the ship stuff or the underwater swimming. And I'd say this is the one thing I'll remember AC4 for, for bringing back the traditional AC gameplay into the series, for being the closest game to the original AC concept. And yet..

even with his own agenda, IMO Ezio accepted his role as an Assassin a lot earlier (at least that's the impression I have) than Edward whose ONLY motivation behind his actions until near the end of the game was personal gain, assassination contracts were assassination contracts before AC3, this like the open ended assassinations are something that NEVER should've gone away, they deserve praise for fixing this wrong and just that, they didn't reinvented the wheel with it.

the reason behind raid plantations/smuggler's dens once again was Edward's personal gain, so this fit more his pirate life than the Assassin one (if he had one), giving more strenght to the idea of Pirate's Creed.

Anyway, by the same token, how does running with thieves, beating up cheating husbands and delivering letters have anything to do with being an assassin? How does destroying machines of mass destruction have to do with being an assassin? Or how about collecting some books? Infact what does Ezio being basically on a quest for vengeance have to do with assassins anyway? His targets just conveniently happened to be Templars. Sid describes AC2 as the story of a 15th century batman. He's spot on. What I'm saying is, people want to call it pirate's creed then fair enough. But then they should realize it was always this way after AC1. Its just that the fluffy side activities which have nothing to do with being a sneaky killer have moved from land to sea. Thats all.

I don't have any problem with side activites not related to the Assassins, IMO if they are able to do something interesting enough, they should even make this story stronger to make the idea that the Assassin have parallel lifes more believable, the problem is when they put more focus on it than the Assassin part of the game (or the Assassin role), the majority of activities in AC4 IMO gave more strenght to Edward's pirate life than the Assassin one (if we can say he had one since he just did Assassin stuff for his own reasons)

How is finding treasures a naval activity btw? O.o

you usually go from one point to another using your ship, don't you? And buried treasures as presented are also part of the Pirate fantasy, so one more thing that deviates the attention to Edward's pirate life instead of focus on his role as an "Assassin"...

ps: be aware that I'm not saying that these activities are boring, I had a lot of fun with them but when I buy an Assassin's Creed game I want to play that and not a pirate game disguised as an Assassin's Creed, especially when there are MANY things on the core gameplay that needs work before put more focus on other things that barely add anything to what this franchise is about..

also people don't get this idea of Pirate's Creed out of nowhere, if this is the impression it left on many people is because (for these people) something was wrong with the narrative that didn't make the fact that this is an Assassin's Creed believable enough..

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Well, he kinda keeps working for Lorenzo till the very end with those assassination contracts. Who is to say how many of those targets are legit targets and how many of them is just him knocking off his potential opponents?

Lol and like I said, I have absolutely no problem with Ezio being motivated by revenge. Just like I have no problem with Eddy being a pirate and not an assassin. Just saying that if someone has, then AC2 should be a problem as well. A bigger one in fact, as Edward, despite being an outsider was in regular contact with the assassins and also knew their creed. Yet Ezio who apparently has an Assassin uncle to tell him stuff, knows virtually nothing about the two groups except that the templars are the guys who killed his assassin father. Once again, I think both AC2 and AC4 are great games, just pointing out the weird way in which people find problems in AC4 and yet ignore them in AC2.

pirate1802
12-24-2013, 02:53 PM
even with his own agenda, IMO Ezio accepted his role as an Assassin a lot earlier than Edward whose ONLY motivation behind his actions until near the end of the game was personal gain, assassination contracts were assassination contracts before AC3, this like the open ended assassinations are something that NEVER should've gone away, they deserve praise for fixing this wrong and just that, they didn't reivented the wheel with it.

And yet he barely knew about the Creed, its teachings and why the Templars are bad. He had a list where he scrawled down the names of bad guys which coincidentally happened to be all Templars. He killed them because they killed his father and brothers, that was his primary reason. Its only near the end when he is officially initiated does he even know about the creed's motto. He accepted his responsibility in a very crude sense, that this was something his father expected him to do, hence he must do it. He didn't do it because he had a deep understanding of his responsibilities or either of the creeds. he was motivated by the thirst for blood, as Edward was motivated by wealth.

the reason behind raid plantations/smuggler's dens once again was Edward's personal gain, so this fit more his pirate life than the Assassin one (if he had one), giving more strenght to the idea of Pirate's Creed.

And as it happens guess who was the one who put the plantation idea in his head? Kidd. Who was a legit assassin. I'm guessing she also did her fair share of raiding and looting. If we were playing as her I'd guess we'd still be raiding plantations. Still, they do take place on land (at least some of them with smuggler's den), if they still reinforce the feeling of Pirate's Creed then I guess those war machine missions would give the feeling of Robinhood's Creed.. :rolleyes:

I don't have any problem with side activites not related to the Assassins, IMO if it fits the character, they should even make this story stronger to make the idea that the Assassin have parallel lifes more believable, the problem is when they put more focus on it than the Assassin part of the game (or the Assassin role), the majority of activities in AC4 IMO gave more strenght to Edward's pirate life than the Assassin one (if we can say he had one since he just did Assassin stuff for his own reasons)

Maybe because Edward was a pirate and not an assassin for most of the time? Ofcourse it will reinforce that part of the story. On the brighter side, because of this, I never had any ludicrous moment where I was wondering why the hell I'm doing this? Like Ezio racing with thieves or collecting books. or Connor becoming delicery man. Everything felt tight and withing Edward's established character.

you usually go from one point to another using your ship, don't you? And buried treasures as presented are also part of the Pirate fantasy, so one more thing that deviates the attention to Edward's pirate life instead of focus on his role as an "Assassin"...

Not much different than say riding you horse to a certain point I'd say. Now the horse just happens to float over a body of water.

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 02:57 PM
I get your point :)

What kinda ruined AC for me is how they ditched the quite unique and intelligent way the modern-day story glued everything together in the form of glyph puzzles, the search for ancient artifacts, the modern assassin/templar war, the satallite launch etc. The modern-day part in AC4 feels very gimmicky to me..
The "speeches" by Minerva and Juno in AC2 and ACB were brilliant. Compare those to the AC3 and AC4 ones.
It feels to me like assassin's creed has lost a huge part of its soul. I don't dare to say if that soul got lost when Jesper Kyd, Patrice Désilets and Jeffrey Yohalem left the team, but i think it plays a big part in it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJ0lvC_ka4
Brilliant

killzab
12-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I get your point :)

What kinda ruined AC for me is how they ditched the quite unique and intelligent way the modern-day story glued everything together in the form of glyph puzzles, the search for ancient artifacts, the modern assassin/templar war, the satallite launch etc. The modern-day part in AC4 feels very gimmicky to me..
The "speeches" by Minerva and Juno in AC2 and ACB were brilliant. Compare those to the AC3 and AC4 ones.
It feels to me like assassin's creed has lost a huge part of its soul. I don't dare to say if that soul got lost when Jesper Kyd, Patrice Désilets and Jeffrey Yohalem left the team, but i think it plays a big part in it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJ0lvC_ka4
Brilliant

Oh my god, this, so much this !

I think I've never agreed more with someone on the forums.

Even though ACIV was good, I think they kinda just got lucky with this one,it's a one-off. The teams just don't know what AC used to be about anymore.

When I read interviews and articles, I see a lot of condescension from the devs ( Darby in particular). They keep hammering into our heads that if we disagree about the new direction the series is taking, then we like AC for the wrong reasons. WTF ? It was a complete package. You can't just take the most popular aspect (historical time periods) and think it's enough to keep the franchise going. Ac is a combination of many things that made it special.

Again, ACIV was a stroke of luck to me. They had an amazing game director with Ashraf but he can't work on each and every AC. He might not even be back for another game since apparently neither Amancio or Hutchinson are working on ACV. They could also make naval a pillar of the game, but they can't do it anymore IMO. If we stripped Black Flag of the naval aspect, the game would probably be half as good, if not less.

I still like Jean Guesdon, he was around since the beginning and even though I also disagree with him about the direction the franchise is going, he's got a philosophy I adhere to.

Dev_Anj
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Yeah, honestly Ezio wasn't an Assassin for most of his game. I had more problems with Ezio siding with the Ottomans, the Byzantines being portrayed as evil, and Ezio blatantly breaking the tenets of the Creed by filling up an underground city full of innocents with fumes and potentially killing many of them just to get Manuel Palailogos out, burning the Ottoman fleet and thus potentially bringing a bad name to the Assassin Order in Constantinople and such. Honestly, I was wondering how Ezio could still be portrayed as a good person, leave alone the Mentor of the Assassins.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 03:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCs1gGVlJcM#t=05m41s

"To the Auditore that reads this, remember that you are not a nobleman. You are not one of the deceivers, you are one of the people. Avenge us!"

It served as a disguise.

How did it serve as a disguise? Did he "fake" go to work?

pineal_gland
12-24-2013, 04:29 PM
How did it serve as a disguise? Did he "fake" go to work?

It's actually a very good disguise.
Who would expect a rich banker family to fight the powers that be? Most very rich bankers have philosophies that are contrary to that of the philosophies of the assassins, that's why it's such a good disguise.

It also clearly states in the Auditore crypt that Domenico Auditore inherited a lot of money from Marco Polo, more Ducats than he had ever seen in his live, at any bank in Italy, so i assume this money stayed within the Auditore family.

But you're right, it never clearly states that it served as a disguise. It was just rational thinking on my part.

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2013, 04:34 PM
It's actually a very good disguise.
Who would expect a rich banker family to fight the powers that be? Most very rich bankers have philosophies that are contrary to that of the philosophies of the assassins, that's why it's such a good disguise.

It also clearly states in the Auditore crypt that Domenico Auditore inherited a lot of money from Marco Polo, more Ducats than he had ever seen in his live, at any bank in Italy, so i assume this money stayed within the Auditore family.

But you're right, it never clearly states that it served as a disguise. I think it was just rational thinking on my part.

Here is Federico's database entry:

Date of Birth: 1456.
Profession: Noble.
Ezio's older brother, and the eldest Auditore, Federico entered the Medici bank as a clerk when he was 19. However, the bank logs indicate he mostly ****ed around rather than actually working.
One entry goes into detail. On September 17, 1475, a bag of gold florins went missing: "After panic struck the bank, the elder Auditore approached Francesco Sassetti, and with a smile revealed the location of the bag, which had been hidden on the rooftop! If he weren't the son of Giovanni Auditore, I'd speak to Lorenzo de' Medici and have him put in the stocks!"
Unsurprisingly, Federico was removed from the bank's payroll shortly after his 20th birthday.

Plus, the bank is discussed in Assassin's Creed: Renaissance book.

It just helps that you work for your boss by day AND night.

Will_Lucky
12-24-2013, 08:31 PM
In all honestly, I'd buy both games if they were different games. Of course, I'd be a little worried, I was somewhat more cautious this time around with Assassins Creed 4 after Assassins Creed 3 and was fortunate enough to have the PS4 version out a month later here.

Hopefully both are of good quality regardless.

pacmanate
12-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Why is what news? The fact that they're probably working on two titles in ADDITION to Liberation HD? Meaning THREE console AC games in 2014?

That seems like kind of big news to me.

Firstly that is rumour.
Secondly, no one knows if they mean Liberation for Current Gen and a normal annual release for current and next gen.

Kagurra
12-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Firstly that is rumour.
Secondly, no one knows if they mean Liberation for Current Gen and a normal annual release for current and next gen.

Logically, I'd say Liberation is the current-gen and then the next-gen game is the "real" AC. The one with the rescope, and everything. But who knows, I'm sure current-gen would complain they don't get a normal AC game.

Like you said, just a rumor. They said that the next AC will be really next-gen and it will be dumbed down for current-gen, implying that it will be on both... so who knows.

LoyalACFan
12-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Firstly that is rumour.

The fact that it's a rumor is why I said "probably."

Regardless, Liberation HD is already announced and Jade Raymond basically announced AC5 for 2014 a few months ago, so why are they being cagey about the "possible" second game? Because it's most likely one we haven't heard of.

RinoTheBouncer
12-25-2013, 02:13 PM
If it’s about buying them, I definitely will. But I’m worried about the quality because it’s been declining since ACIII. And it’s not a matter of ending, it’s a matter of bad directing and reductive story-telling and linking to other games. Back in ACI to AC:R, there was a story that mattered. Connected events. A reason to wait for the next year to get the next annual release. But now, I honestly don’t care because the story feels too standalone to make you hope for a sequel nor it’s that good that makes you want more. It just ends and you’re like “Is that it?”.

oliacr
12-25-2013, 03:34 PM
If it’s about buying them, I definitely will. But I’m worried about the quality because it’s been declining since ACIII. And it’s not a matter of ending, it’s a matter of bad directing and reductive story-telling and linking to other games. Back in ACI to AC:R, there was a story that mattered. Connected events. A reason to wait for the next year to get the next annual release. But now, I honestly don’t care because the story feels too standalone to make you hope for a sequel nor it’s that good that makes you want more. It just ends and you’re like “Is that it?”.

I cannot agree with you, especially with the declining quality, in my opinion its better every year.

PedroAntonio2
12-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Logically, I'd say Liberation is the current-gen and then the next-gen game is the "real" AC. The one with the rescope, and everything. But who knows, I'm sure current-gen would complain they don't get a normal AC game.

Like you said, just a rumor. They said that the next AC will be really next-gen and it will be dumbed down for current-gen, implying that it will be on both... so who knows.

So....the next AC game in 2014 will be released to all plataforms ?

DARTH_GLADIUS595
12-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Not nintendo [with possible exception of Wii U] And also I'm assuming that next gen gets first priority. They said delays on games if not yet fully bug tested. And also if they make a Conner sequel I will shove a ****ING knife in ACS DIRECTORS!

RinoTheBouncer
12-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I cannot agree with you, especially with the declining quality, in my opinion its better every year.
My friend, I’ve always been WITH the idea of annual releases but now that they’re giving the excuses of “There isn’t enough time or resources to develop modern day and historical in one game” so let them have time and give us something high quality rather than an annual mess. I’d love to have an AC game every year and I got used to that since ACII and AC:B and I wish they kept the quality of sequels like AC:B, AC:R and even ACIII but now it’s going downhill and if they need time to make a good game, let them have it.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Not nintendo [with possible exception of Wii U] And also I'm assuming that next gen gets first priority. They said delays on games if not yet fully bug tested. And also if they make a Conner sequel I will shove a ****ING knife in ACS DIRECTORS!

None of what you say makes sense.

If they're doing this, you can bet it'll be two different studios working on it.

Also, many people actually like Connor. So there's always... you know, not playing a possible sequel.

Omoxionuk
12-26-2013, 12:17 AM

polished and quality are worlds apart...

MCRMJ
12-26-2013, 02:14 AM
The quality is definitely declining, but in odd ways.

With Black Flag it isn't Darby's fault, he certainly knows his stuff within the AC universe (the similarities in the story pacing and dialogue is very similar to his other game, ACR) and all the additional story stuff obtained through hacking is excellent (Subject Zero and such). The gameplay is also on point in BF, the naval works extremely well, the maps are interesting and there's lots to do. It's graphically good as well.

So what IS the problem. I agree it's the 'feel' of the series and this has got to be attributed to more than likely the strict time scales in producing yearly releases.

Darby mentioned about having to cut things from AC4 or there were things he wanted to add, but had to chop down significantly (Mary Read springs to mind). We know there were things in 3 that were proposed but due to time restraint had to be chopped off. Same with the modern day, it takes time to flesh out two sides of the story.

The period around AC2 and ACB was amazing in that they fleshed out an expanded universe with incredible detail. Lineage, the games and all the content included in the glyphs, Project Legacy, The Chain. All had tons of additional information stuffed into them. Even the MP characters were more developed in ACB than some of the supporting characters in AC3. Up until recently, it had everything a scifi universe should have, bit of mystery, lots of detailed information and a fully formed world. The stuff is still there, but lacks a bit of direction. Having different directors working on concurrent games isn't helping.

There's been a shift from an intricate universe to a yearly 'summer blockbuster movie' style which is harming things as well. Ideally I'd love Watch_dogs to take off, then have them take turns in their releases, I'd happily wait two years and get an amazing AC game one year, and an entry in another series the next. Would also quell any 'fatigue' accusations. Heck, I'd even settle for a rebooted PoP to balance things out.

The way things are going, it's like PoP all over again. Amazing start, loss of direction, drastic change of direction for a game that doesn't get well received (even though it's excellent) series shelved. I took to the AC universe and dived into everything it had to offer a lot faster than I did with say, MGS or Halo, but it's getting harder to stick with each year.

ziljn
01-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Well, he kinda keeps working for Lorenzo till the very end with those assassination contracts. Who is to say how many of those targets are legit targets and how many of them is just him knocking off his potential opponents?

Lol and like I said, I have absolutely no problem with Ezio being motivated by revenge. Just like I have no problem with Eddy being a pirate and not an assassin. Just saying that if someone has, then AC2 should be a problem as well. A bigger one in fact, as Edward, despite being an outsider was in regular contact with the assassins and also knew their creed. Yet Ezio who apparently has an Assassin uncle to tell him stuff, knows virtually nothing about the two groups except that the templars are the guys who killed his assassin father. Once again, I think both AC2 and AC4 are great games, just pointing out the weird way in which people find problems in AC4 and yet ignore them in AC2.

I don't think the comparison to ACII makes that argument invalid at all. In ACII Ezio was from a family of Assassins, being trained by Assassins during the game to become an Assassin. It was all about Assassins.

Edward was a pirate who, with no training as an Assassin, could do everything an Assassin could anyway. Now if he had progressed as he learned from and trained with Assassins that would have been different. But no, he just magically had all the same skills, and I found that fact to marginalize the A in AC more than the limited Assassin involvement in the story. That's where the disconnect bothered me. I don't think it's the assassin doing non-assassin things in the game that creates the disconnect... it's the non-assassin doing all the assassin stuff. It just made the experience awkward for me.

I think the criticism is valid. It was really a just a pirate story with Assassins thrown in.

Zephiel16
01-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I also heard somewhere that 80% of Ubisoft's resources are going into the AC franchise, which is a good sign that they might actually be trying to make these two games as best as possible. BUT, on the flip side, this isn't a good sign for Watchdogs and the Division as most of the resources are going into AC. These are also just rumors, so I'm not sure as to how true this is.

mikeyf1999
01-02-2014, 09:05 PM
U do realize Edward has those abilities because of being a pirate and privateer and sailing throughout the storms improved his free running

SixKeys
01-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't think the comparison to ACII makes that argument invalid at all. In ACII Ezio was from a family of Assassins, being trained by Assassins during the game to become an Assassin. It was all about Assassins.

Not true. If you actually look at the story from Ezio's point of view, the only person teaching him about assassins was Mario, and Ezio initially rejected him. He agreed to work with Mario to make amends after they got into an argument, but it didn't make him an assassin. Ezio had no idea Paola, La Volpe and Antonio were assassins until the late sequences. Throughout the entire game he was working for himself, his only motive being personal revenge for his family.

lothario-da-be
01-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Not true. If you actually look at the story from Ezio's point of view, the only person teaching him about assassins was Mario, and Ezio initially rejected him. He agreed to work with Mario to make amends after they got into an argument, but it didn't make him an assassin. Ezio had no idea Paola, La Volpe and Antonio were assassins until the late sequences. Throughout the entire game he was working for himself, his only motive being personal revenge for his family.
He is Ezio, your argument is invalid.

silvermercy
01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Edward was a pirate who, with no training as an Assassin, could do everything an Assassin could anyway. Now if he had progressed as he learned from and trained with Assassins that would have been different. But no, he just magically had all the same skills, and I found that fact to marginalize the A in AC more than the limited Assassin involvement in the story. That's where the disconnect bothered me. I don't think it's the assassin doing non-assassin things in the game that creates the disconnect... it's the non-assassin doing all the assassin stuff. It just made the experience awkward for me.
Well, to be honest, the tasks were not as difficult. They were all easy to figure out, being laid out like that in front of him, and Edward seems to be quite a clever dude with great deduction skills. Also, let's not forget that being an assassin is kinda in his blood. He has the Eagle Vision naturally and so on... Also, having been trained as a privateer before and now as a pirate should have also helped unleash his assassin-like skills. They're not THAT difficult... (at least for people already trained in battle and having this ancient blood running through their veins...)

ziljn
01-02-2014, 11:03 PM

What did I say that wasn't true? Are you suggesting Ezio was not from a family of Assassins and being trained by Assassins? In the AC2 I played it certainly was.

ziljn
01-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Well, to be honest, the tasks were not as difficult. They were all easy to figure out, being laid out like that in front of him, and Edward seems to be quite a clever dude with great deduction skills. Also, let's not forget that being an assassin is kinda in his blood. He has the Eagle Vision naturally and so on... Also, having been trained as a privateer before and now as a pirate should have also helped unleash his assassin-like skills. They're not THAT difficult... (at least for people already trained in battle and having this ancient blood running through their veins...)

I can't make excuses and try to rationalize it, nor should I have to. It was about as believable as Connor being a ship's captain right after learning what a ship was.

ACIV was a far better game than AC3, but it just felt more like a pirate game with some assassins rather than AC. I shouldn't need to rationalize to make it seem otherwise.

silvermercy
01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Hmm... I don't think it's rationalization though... Edward is a clever, naturally-gifted and highly trained pirate/privateer. (Basically, he was trained to kill people, just like assassins).

ziljn
01-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Hmm... I don't think it's rationalization though... Edward is a clever, naturally-gifted and highly trained pirate/privateer. (Basically, he was trained to kill people, just like assassins).

I'm not sure what a "highly trained" pirate is. I don't think they had pirate training programs to prey on merchant vessels and civilian settlements, much less ones that translate so well into stealthily assassinating high value targets. Any seafaring thug willing to prey on merchants or civilians for a profit was a pirate. A privateer is simply any member of a crew that could legally operate in piracy... barely equivalent to a maritime version regular militia. To pretend the it was all the same experience requires a heavy dose of rationalization.

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 02:57 AM
I'm not sure what a "highly trained" pirate is. I don't think they had pirate training programs to prey on merchant vessels and civilian settlements, much less ones that translate so well into stealthily assassinating high value targets. Any seafaring thug willing to prey on merchants or civilians for a profit was a pirate. A privateer is simply any member of a crew that could legally operate in piracy... barely equivalent to a maritime version regular militia. To pretend the it was all the same experience requires a heavy dose of rationalization.

Maybe not highly-trained but highly-experienced. I don't understand the problem really and I don't see it as a rationalization... For example, Edward and the other assassins have encountered guards more capable than them at some point, which means it's natural for other people to be stronger and more experienced or trained than assassins in general. Another example is the Templars, they don't have assassin training (maybe they have a Templar one but that's not the point) so how come they can efficiently fight with the assassins and even defeat and kill them? (the assassins were defeated in their own assassin island). So why are pirate/privateers any different? All these fighters are highly-skilled individuals. It doesn't matter WHERE they got their fighting experience from. O_o Now if Edward was not a privateer/pirate but an ex baker or an ex accountant, I could see the problem...

ziljn
01-03-2014, 03:25 AM
Maybe not highly-trained but highly-experienced. I don't understand the problem really and I don't see it as a rationalization... For example, Edward and the other assassins have encountered guards more capable than them at some point, which means it's natural for other people to be stronger and more experienced or trained than assassins in general. Another example is the Templars, they don't have assassin training (maybe they have a Templar one but that's not the point) so how come they can efficiently fight with the assassins and even defeat and kill them? (the assassins were defeated in their own assassin island). So why are pirate/privateers any different? All these fighters are highly-skilled individuals. It doesn't matter WHERE they got their fighting experience from. O_o Now if Edward was not a privateer/pirate but an ex baker or an ex accountant, I could see the problem...

Ok, you're right. Anyone who can fight can be a highly skilled assassin. There's really nothing more to it at all. Just like the Walmart security guard and Navy SEAL are the same thing. No difference in skill or training separates the two at all. The US could have just sent a bunch of Walmart security guards to take out Bin Laden in silvermercy world, since it doesn't matter WHERE they got their fighting experience from. :rolleyes:

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Ok, you're right. Anyone who can fight can be a highly skilled assassin. There's really nothing more to it at all. Just like the Walmart security guard and Navy SEAL are the same thing. No difference in skill or training separates the two at all. The US could have just sent a bunch of Walmart security guards to take out Bin Laden in silvermercy world, since it doesn't matter WHERE they got their fighting experience from. :rolleyes:

errr... okay... if you REALLY can't see my points and you felt the need to address them by being ridiculously sarcastic and a smart a$$ (over a so-far civil conversation), then there's no point in talking to you any further. Good bye.

I mean... WOW!! It's one thing to have a different opinion but this response!? WOW... I have no words at this level of disrespect out of the blue!

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 03:37 AM
This sounds like a little disrespect and I hate those who disrespect others she's saying that you don 't have to be specifically trained by assassins rather than developing your own skill please don 't overestimate the assassins they're good but u don't need to be trained by them to be better

ziljn
01-03-2014, 04:17 AM
This sounds like a little disrespect and I hate those who disrespect others she's saying that you don 't have to be specifically trained by assassins rather than developing your own skill please don 't overestimate the assassins they're good but u don't need to be trained by them to be better

Ok... how did Edward develop all these other skills? Because in the game I played he just inexplicably had them from the start and I have a hard time accepting that he just learned freerunning, fieldcraft, target assessment, infil, exfil, stealth, intelligence gathering, etc from fighting as a pirate. Was he just a prodigy? It's just left to the imagination, no?

ziljn
01-03-2014, 04:23 AM
errr... okay... if you REALLY can't see my points and you felt the need to address them by being ridiculously sarcastic and a smart a$$ (over a so-far civil conversation), then there's no point in talking to you any further. Good bye.

I mean... WOW!! It's one thing to have a different opinion but this response!? WOW... I have no words at this level of disrespect out of the blue!

Sensitive much? Are you a Walmart security guard? If so, I apologize. Otherwise, overreact away.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Ok... how did Edward develop all these other skills? Because in the game I played he just inexplicably had them from the start and I have a hard time accepting that he just learned freerunning, fieldcraft, target assessment, infil, exfil, stealth, intelligence gathering, etc from fighting as a pirate. Was he just a prodigy? It's just left to the imagination, no?

If u did play the game then u know he's good at free running from all the ships and masts he's climbed u would also know that we play as Edward when he is in his late 20s early 30s if I am correct Connor was a proficient free runner (before joining the assassins) when he was 13 is it really hard to believe Edward became a master In his 30s either u have no right to completely disrespect silver like that

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Sensitive much? Are you a Walmart security guard? If so, I apologize. Otherwise, overreact away.
Again... WOW...

Never mind, the mods will decide the rest I suppose...

ziljn
01-03-2014, 04:43 AM
If u did play the game then u know he's good at free running from all the ships and masts he's climbed u would also know that we play as Edward when he is in his late 20s early 30s if I am correct Connor was a proficient free runner (before joining the assassins) when he was 13 is it really hard to believe Edward became a master In his 30s either u have no right to completely disrespect silver like that

Ah, but we know WHY Connor was a proficient freerunner, because we played him hunting and climbing since he was a kid, and that also helps explain why he was proficiently stealthy. Then he was TRAINED as an assassin by Achilles. With Edward he was inexplicably proficient at EVERYTHING right from the start. He may have developed some freerunning skill as a pirate but where did he learn everything else?

Is it hard to believe you ask?... And that's my point. It's not explained and must be rationalized away. Yes, it was not believable and made the whole experience awkward.

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Because leaps of faiths are realistic and easily explained... lol :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
01-03-2014, 04:47 AM
silver, is it true that Edward bleaches his body hair

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 04:48 AM
silver, is it true that Edward bleaches his body hair
There's only one way to find out I guess! *ahem*
lol

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 04:49 AM
Ah, but we know WHY Connor was a proficient freerunner, because we played him hunting and climbing since he was a kid, and that also helps explain why he was proficiently stealthy. Then he was TRAINED as an assassin by Achilles. With Edward he was inexplicably proficient at EVERYTHING right from the start. He may have developed some freerunning skill as a pirate but where did he learn everything else?

Is it hard to believe you ask?... And that's my point. It's not explained and must be rationalized away. Yes, it was not believable and made the whole experience awkward.

Well, I mean... What do you define as "everything else?" He was a good fighter and free-runner from his privateering days, then the Templars literally spelled out every assassination move they wanted him to do right after he acquired his hidden blades. And honestly, none of them were complicated at all. He just stabbed some dummies, and later started practicing those techniques against flesh and blood opponents. It was a little awkward to have a tutorial in that context, I agree, but it wasn't unbelievable.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 04:50 AM

It's like asking why ezio had free running capabilities and combat skills his father taught him did they show it no why is it hard to believe that a 30s man had tons of skills but easy to see that a 17 yr old has skills as well like they state Giovanni trained ezio Edward trained himself from work as a privateer and a pirate
I also agree with what Loyal is saying

ziljn
01-03-2014, 05:08 AM
It's like asking why ezio had free running capabilities and combat skills his father taught him did they show it no why is it hard to believe that a 30s man had tons of skills but easy to see that a 17 yr old has skills as well like they state Giovanni trained ezio Edward trained himself from work as a privateer and a pirate
I also agree with what Loyal is saying

Not really. Believing that the kid of an assassin was training him as an assassin doesn't require much imagination to fill in the blanks. Believing Edward (who had no real interest in, or any stated connection to assassins) trained himself as a highly skilled assassin from being a pirate requires alot of imagination to connect the unconnected dots. Hell, even just a mention of some connection would have helped. It would have been a better game if he unlocked skills as he went, and made it more assassins creed than pirates with some assassins... or at least more believable.

newtdawg44
01-03-2014, 05:15 AM
they should finish Black Flag before moving on to more games this year.
(white whale/Royal Convoy/social chests)

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Not really. Believing that the kid of an assassin was training him as an assassin doesn't require much imagination to fill in the blanks. Believing Edward (who had no real interest in, or any stated connection to assassins) trained himself as a highly skilled assassin from being a pirate requires alot of imagination to connect the unconnected dots. Hell, even just a mention of some connection would have helped. It would have been a better game if he unlocked skills as he went, and made it more assassins creed than pirates with some assassins... or at least more believable.
Edward never trained to be an assassin heck he never even knew about them he may have just been a privateer but he could've been a darn fine one u keep saying how Edward was always a pirate it wasn't just that oh and he may have been a pirate but he never attacked civilians

ziljn
01-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Well, I mean... What do you define as "everything else?" He was a good fighter and free-runner from his privateering days, then the Templars literally spelled out every assassination move they wanted him to do right after he acquired his hidden blades. And honestly, none of them were complicated at all. He just stabbed some dummies, and later started practicing those techniques against flesh and blood opponents. It was a little awkward to have a tutorial in that context, I agree, but it wasn't unbelievable.

Is that all there is to it though? Fighting and free running? What so special special about assassins then?

Is that the mindset I need to have?

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Is that all there is to it though? Fighting and free running? What so special special about assassins then?

Pretty much while the assassins are cool u don't need specific training to be better than them u just need to train hard enough

MnemonicSyntax
01-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Clay asked Desmond why we have these "gifts" and it's because they're in our blood.

Sure, that *could* mean Eagle Vision, but a natural ability to be an Assassin (Edward to Ah Tabai "Thanks mate, it comes naturally") and the gifts referring to all six senses.

So, it's fairly safe to say why Edward has these abilities, as well as his privateering days.

Or, suspension of disbelief. But I prefer the former over the latter. it just makes sense.

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 05:28 AM
Back on the actual topic of this thread, has anybody found any more information about the two games thing for separate consoles?

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 05:38 AM

Well... yes?

I dunno where people got the idea that Assassins are supposed to be these godly masters of the universe; they're just highly trained humans, there really is nothing "special" about them. The playable ones have suffered from "Action Hero Syndrome" wherein they appear to be head-and-shoulders above everybody else in terms of fighting prowess, but that's applicable to most video games. The Assassins themselves aren't meant to be any more powerful than normal (albeit very skilled) soldiers. Look at situations pertaining to non-playable Assassins; Malik and Kadar al-Sayf were easily defeated by Robert de Sable's men. Another was taken prisoner and executed. Haytham killed Louis Mills like he was no tougher than a regular Redcoat. And every single American Assassin besides Achilles was killed in the 1760s.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Well... yes?

I dunno where people got the idea that Assassins are supposed to be these godly masters of the universe; they're just highly trained humans, there really is nothing "special" about them. The playable ones have suffered from "Action Hero Syndrome" wherein they appear to be head-and-shoulders above everybody else in terms of fighting prowess, but that's applicable to most video games. The Assassins themselves aren't meant to be any more powerful than normal (albeit very skilled) soldiers. Look at situations pertaining to non-playable Assassins; Malik and Kadar al-Sayf were easily defeated by Robert de Sable's men. Another was taken prisoner and executed. Haytham killed Louis Mills like he was no tougher than a regular Redcoat. And every single American Assassin besides Achilles was killed in the 1760s.
I agree but to be fair Malik and kadar were outnumbered haytham was more experienced than Louis but I agree the the Achilles thing

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 05:46 AM
I agree but to be fair Malik and kadar were outnumbered haytham was more experienced than Louis but I agree the the Achilles thing

Yeah, they were outnumbered, but the way people talk about the Assassins, you'd think they would have murdered every single one of them without batting an eye. Fans seem to think way too highly of the Assassins.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Yeah, they were outnumbered, but the way people talk about the Assassins, you'd think they would have murdered every single one of them without batting an eye. Fans seem to think way too highly of the Assassins.

And that I agree with you on npc master assassins are **** but playable master assassins are way too powerful

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 05:49 AM

Because the ones they play massacre thousands of dudes without breaking a sweat and eat dozens of musket shots for breakfast, while having a bowl of grenades and 50 ft drops (not leaps of faith, just regular bone crushing, fatal falls) for dinner.

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 05:49 AM
Ugh, sorry, double post. The page was being stupid. x-x

ziljn
01-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Well... yes?

LOL.

I have no allusions that they should be infallible or superhuman (though some are), but you said it yourself... "highly trained humans". Edward had no training, or even interest or connection, yet he was just as proficient as any highly trained assassin without explanation. There should be something special about it though, shouldn't there? I mean, isn't that the allure? I don't think there being nothing special about Altair, or Ezio, or even *gulp* Connor is a selling point Ubi is going to get on board with. :D

ziljn
01-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Clay asked Desmond why we have these "gifts" and it's because they're in our blood.

Sure, that *could* mean Eagle Vision, but a natural ability to be an Assassin (Edward to Ah Tabai "Thanks mate, it comes naturally") and the gifts referring to all six senses.

So, it's fairly safe to say why Edward has these abilities, as well as his privateering days.

Or, suspension of disbelief. But I prefer the former over the latter. it just makes sense.

I guess. That's certainly a different way to look at it.

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Because the ones they play massacre thousands of dudes without breaking a sweat and eat dozens of musket shots for breakfast, while having a bowl of grenades and 50 ft drops for dinner.

That's all action games though, the protagonist's actions shouldn't generalize to everybody in the game. You don't play Red Dead, kick *** with John Marston, and think "hurr durr all cowboys can slow down time to aim."

silvermercy
01-03-2014, 06:11 AM
What's special about the Assassins is their philosophy.

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 06:14 AM
LOL.

I have no allusions that they should be infallible or superhuman (though some are), but you said it yourself... "highly trained humans". Edward had no training, or even interest or connection, yet he was just as proficient as any highly trained assassin without explanation. There should be something special about it though, shouldn't there? I mean, isn't that the allure? I don't think there being nothing special about Altair, or Ezio, or even *gulp* Connor is a selling point Ubi is going to get on board with. :D

He DID have training though; years of combat and freerunning as a sailor. Just because he wasn't wearing a white hood doesn't mean it wasn't training. Being in top physical condition and knowing how to climb and fight are basically all you need to be an Assassin, you don't need to take a decade-long training course on how to lean out of a haystack and stab someone. You can pretty much figure it out for yourself.

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 06:15 AM
What's special about the Assassins is their philosophy.

This, they're not physically superior to normal warriors/athletes.

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
That's all action games though, the protagonist's actions shouldn't generalize to everybody in the game. You don't play Red Dead, kick *** with John Marston, and think "hurr durr all cowboys can slow down time to aim."

John Marston also wasn't part of a secret order. Edward, Connor, Altair, Ezio, etc, have all been godly figures with "Assassin" attached to them. People will start to wonder why "This assassin" can kills millions of dudes and then "This other assassin" will get destroyed. Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward weren't grand masters or anything in their first games, yet they still did this. Of course Altair was a little less godly in AC1, but still.

I totally agree with you and your points, but I 100% understand why people think this way. It is a little silly when you're playing as Edward who isn't even an Assassin yet and hasn't met any of them besides Duncan, and you just murder dozens of assassins in one of the first missions. You start to think, "Why even send these guys out to do anything silly Assassin Order? Get somebody that's competent, like me. These guys suck."

LoyalACFan
01-03-2014, 06:30 AM
John Marston also wasn't part of a secret order. Edward, Connor, Altair, Ezio, etc, have all been godly figures with "Assassin" attached to them. People will start to wonder why "This assassin" can kills millions of dudes and then "This other assassin" will get destroyed. Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward weren't grand masters or anything in their first games, yet they still did this. Of course Altair was a little less godly in AC1, but still.

I totally agree with you and your points, but I 100% understand why people think this way. It is a little silly when you're playing as Edward who isn't even an Assassin yet and hasn't met any of them besides Duncan, and you just murder dozens of assassins in one of the first missions. You start to think, "Why even send these guys out to do anything silly Assassin Order? Get somebody that's competent, like me. These guys suck."

Well, true, but I think if anything, Edward's ability to defeat Assassins should illustrate that the Assassins as a whole aren't as competent as the player may have previously believed, just the playable ones. I agree that our hero shouldn't be a nigh invincible demigod, but I also think it's silly that some people assume that everybody wearing a hood should be just as good as the protagonist.

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Well, true, but I think if anything, Edward's ability to defeat Assassins should illustrate that the Assassins as a whole aren't as competent as the player may have previously believed, just the playable ones. I agree that our hero shouldn't be a nigh invincible demigod, but I also think it's silly that some people assume that everybody wearing a hood should be just as good as the protagonist.

It's partly to fault of the devs. They haven't really done a good job of presenting us with other Assassins that are to our level. Haythem was one of the only I can think of, and he died in the stupidest way possible. Forgetting an Asssassin has a hidden blade? Riiiiight. That's believable.

Next AC game should either make the player more vunerable, and not just in cutscenes where you get your *** beat and then as soon as you come out of the cutscene you destroy everything. Or, introduce at least one other badass character that is an ally and rivals your skill level. Possibly somebody you compete with.

AdamPearce
01-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Next AC game should either make the player more vunerable, and not just in cutscenes where you get your *** beat and then as soon as you come out of the cutscene you destroy everything. Or, introduce at least one other badass character that is an ally and rivals your skill level. Possibly somebody you compete with.

They introduce other Assassins as second character first, that would be a start.

oliacr
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM

For example Co-op? :D :D They should create a Coop option for the next AC. I would like to see that I'm playing with my friend and I want to compete with him like who is the better assassin, who has more kills, and some upgrading and more more more....

Will_Lucky
01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
But the Assassins we've seen such as Ezio, Altair and Desmond all have that blood in them regardless from TWCB in well higher quantities that most people. Hell, Ezio sustained injuries numerous times that should have killed him Against the Orsi, Siege of the Villa and his crash near Masayf.

M0nsterSkillz
01-03-2014, 01:56 PM
AC Rising Phoenix is the next assassins creed they will be releasing.

pacmanate
01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I really think this is just AC Liberation and AC *insert whatever title it will be*

They just dont have enough studios to do 2 proper new games. Plus imagine the uproar, I know a lot of people would have sold their last gen console to afford current gen.

ziljn
01-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I've read that the two titles do not include the Liberation HD release, but I agree with you. I'm thinking that's one and the annual release will be the other. If there is something else, I expect it will be the start of a spin-off. AC-BF felt like a crossover game. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried a spin-off title that involves Abstergo, but not necessarily AC.

AdamPearce
01-03-2014, 03:49 PM
They just dont have enough studios to do 2 proper new games. Plus imagine the uproar, I know a lot of people would have sold their last gen console to afford current gen.

They don't give a damn, know why ? cause' this is the look of the editors right now > ($_$) You really think they care about AC? No, they're just gonna make as much as possible until it drown. Sincerely, do you really think they would've keep the annual releases if they'd care about the serie ? Or the multi-teams ? No, because it ruins the serie, but they don'T care, because it fills the bank account.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 05:53 PM
They don't give a damn, know why ? cause' this is the look of the editors right now > ($_$) You really think they care about AC? No, they're just gonna make as much as possible until it drown. Sincerely, do you really think they would've keep the annual releases if they'd care about the serie ? Or the multi-teams ? No, because it ruins the serie, but they don'T care, because it fills the bank account.
In my opinion the series won't be ruined as long as a lot of people are still buying and overall liking it
but that's just my opinion

Kagurra
01-03-2014, 05:57 PM
The "other" AC game could also be another vita title like Liberation.

mikeyf1999
01-03-2014, 06:13 PM
The "other" AC game could also be another vita title like Liberation.
Won't know till we see though

RinoTheBouncer
01-03-2014, 06:18 PM
AC:Rising Phoenix sounds like a guaranteed title to me for the PS Vita. Since it’s leak and people were expecting it to happen any time.

Hans684
01-03-2014, 06:39 PM
AC:Rising Phoenix sounds like a guaranteed title to me for the PS Vita. Since it’s leak and people were expecting it to happen any time.

Leaked, then comrirmed fake. http://www.videogamesuncovered.com/news/assassin-s-creed-rising-phoenix-turns-out-to-be-fake.html#.Usb1h_F5mSN

But Rising Phoenix is the best title so far. Ubisoft should use it.

ziljn
01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
He DID have training though; years of combat and freerunning as a sailor. Just because he wasn't wearing a white hood doesn't mean it wasn't training. Being in top physical condition and knowing how to climb and fight are basically all you need to be an Assassin, you don't need to take a decade-long training course on how to lean out of a haystack and stab someone. You can pretty much figure it out for yourself.

Pretty much takes the allure away then. May as well name the series "Any Schmuck with a Blade" then, where you get to play "nobody special". Again, not exactly a selling point I think Ubi would get on board with.

Hans684
01-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Pretty much takes the allure away then. May as well name the series "Any Schmuck with a Blade" then, where you get to play "nobody special". Again, not exactly a selling point I think Ubi would get on board with.

AC is much bigger than just an assassin game, if you want a "true" assassin game play Hitman. Then you can play someone "special" . It doesn't really hurt the sales useless every gett the same mindsett and is narrow minded about what AC is. As an example ACIVBF is just as much an AC like AC1 only diffrence is the setting and time. And the story is like AC2 where you become an assasin not long before the end.

ziljn
01-03-2014, 08:20 PM
AC is much bigger than just an assassin game, if you want a "true" assassin game play Hitman. Then you can play someone "special" . It doesn't really hurt the sales useless every gett the same mindsett and is narrow minded about what AC is. As an example ACIVBF is just as much an AC like AC1 only diffrence is the setting and time. And the story is like AC2 where you become an assasin not long before the end.

Thanks for the reply without actually following the conversation. That was very helpful.

Hans684
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply without actually following the conversation. That was very helpful.

Glad i could help and i did fallow. Loyal talked about you don't have to be an assassin to be able to do some of the things they pull of. Then you began with the allure(some one "special") and that they might as well re-name with becouse assassin are the only people able free-run, fight & use stealth(not those words but you gett the point, right?) and...then you begging on speaking about selling points. I followed every thing to the letter, no need for me to have explain i did. Discussion like this are more useless becouse someone though/claimed something, meaning the peron it was aimed has to explain. Now how did we gett so far of topic, heh? Is Elvis over there.

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 05:41 AM

When did we go from "highly trained fighter and freerunner" to "any schmuck?" Though they are really good physical specimens with a useful skill set suited to their goals, they're only set apart from other highly trained fighters and freerunners by their (you guessed it) CREED. The Assassins are people with a specific set of skills and beliefs, not awesome super-duper killtacular invincible warrior gods. Their beliefs and goals are what make them "special," not some kind of ultra-secret training regimen that gives them skills exclusive to members of their Brotherhood and unattainable by non-Assassins.

SixKeys
01-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Psst! Remember the brotherhood in ACB/ACR? Hate to tell you this, but they were basically just hobos Ezio picked off the street. So yeah, any schmuck can be an assassin.

LoyalACFan
01-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Psst! Remember the brotherhood in ACB/ACR? Hate to tell you this, but they were basically just hobos Ezio picked off the street. So yeah, any schmuck can be an assassin.

Lol, don't get me started on the bums Ezio recruited and then christened Master Assassins over the course of an afternoon :p

Consus_E
01-04-2014, 06:40 AM

Bums make excellent cannon fodder :P