PDA

View Full Version : Don't get mad, it's a game. Enjoy it!

guidomista
12-22-2013, 05:32 PM
"OH! Online stuff doesn't work! This game sucks! I want my money back!"
When I see so much rage against an AMAZING product like Assassin's Creed, it always remind me to this Louie CK sketch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk
I'm a developer. I experienced a numbers of bugs in ACIV.
Even so.... it's still AMAZING!

Thanks Ubisoft.
I know it's frustrating when you make something incredible, and people attacks you continuously if something doesn't work perfectly.
I mean, I don't want to say you have to ignore them... go on fixing, please!
But I know how frustrating could be to make a hard work when nobody can't evaluate it for real!

bye

Kraise123
12-22-2013, 05:53 PM
how can u enjoy it when my saved game suddenly disappears and theres nothing i can do about it?

idc about how developers go through hard times. i really dont.

why because this is not about the game, but a customer service.

they. dont. give. a. ****.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
What do you expect them to do? Get your saved game back? You think killing your saved game was intentional?

It's just a game. Start over! It's a very fun game!

tunnelcat
12-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Look at it this way. You go to a movie and expect to see the whole movie. What many people are getting here is parts of that movie, or no movie at all while sitting in someone's old popcorn. Don't you think that would piss a few people off?

Yes, the game is good. That's the problem. It's so good, people want to actually play it.

Frag_Maniac
12-23-2013, 12:12 AM
Though I agree that it's an outstanding game, depending what area of the globe, some have reported not even being able to log onto to Ubi servers yet to even get started playing it. I can really understand some of these gripes. On the one hand, you can say Ubi has a lot of projects going on, I mean no one has more quality titles on their plate in developing OR publishing. On the other hand, that level of success merits proper play testing pre launch, and quality server support. Ubi never even had a very good team write their game browser. Uplay is widely regarded as the worst one in the industry.

Once you become big enough to have the best list of games under your belt, you have to honor that by giving them proper testing and support. It takes more than just good concepts and content to be number 1 in this industry, after all, it's very tech related, and many things need to be accounted for. Anyone who's finished this game knows it was an ambitious project just by the massive amount of time it takes to roll the credits, but you can't excuse ambition for poor condition.

When it comes to games, there are 3 Cs that make or break you...

1. Concept
2. Content
3. Condition

You can't just float on great title concepts and content, you have to provide some assemblage of polish. Look at Battlefield 4. EA are being sued by investors right now for not meeting their promised level of quality and sales. The same could happen to Ubi if they don't put more effort into quality assurance.

YazX_
12-23-2013, 01:14 AM
What do you expect them to do? Get your saved game back? You think killing your saved game was intentional?

It's just a game. Start over! It's a very fun game!

expect them to QA main functionality before rushing and releasing the game or any patches, and its easy for you to say its just a game and start over, many people dont have time to play, so after weeks of playing, you simply say "its just a game, start over"!!!

for you its not big deal, for others it is a very big deal, dont assume or generalize what other people feel based on what you feel, you want to take Ubisoft's side, then fine and everyone has his own opinion but stop attacking every and each member posting a complaint on the forum and forcing your opinion on others.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 02:32 AM
expect them to QA main functionality before rushing and releasing the game or any patches, and its easy for you to say its just a game and start over, many people dont have time to play, so after weeks of playing, you simply say "its just a game, start over"!!!

for you its not big deal, for others it is a very big deal, dont assume or generalize what other people feel based on what you feel, you want to take Ubisoft's side, then fine and everyone has his own opinion but stop attacking every and each member posting a complaint on the forum and forcing your opinion on others.

I've seen a few of your posts around and you seem decently knowledgeable with computers. I'm surprised you demand so much QA, considering everyone has different hardware, operating systems, video card drivers, and other software that can make or break computer issues. It's not as easy as it sounds, nor is everyone having the same issue, so it's not exactly something that can be just QA'd at the drop of a hat.

I'm not really forcing anything on anyone, just trying to show that a lost saved game isn't all that bad, if you enjoy the game enough you can start over. Sitting around on a forum *****ing about it isn't going to get your saved game back. Fact. There is no way around this.

Ubisoft has already stated that the saves are gone from another poster in a Support response. There is nothing to do but pick up the controller and start over, or put it down and don't play. If you need help with something, contact support. If they don't help you to your satisfaction, let them know that and then try again. If that doesn't work, contact Mr Shade about it.

There are far too many negative threads on this forum, between people DEMANDING their time back, (really?) and other people who are sue happy. This thread isn't for that purpose and therefore, I'll invite you to "stop trying to force your opinion on me"

The forum isn't for complaints. It's for peer to peer help and discussion. Helping everyone find a solution, hopefully together. If you want to *****, go make a blog or something, or at least have a valid complaint that isn't all caps lock and sue happy. Being angry will get no one anywhere.

Of course, if you don't like my posts, simply block me.

Have a nice day. :)

strigoi1958
12-23-2013, 02:48 AM
I don't think anyone thinks it is not a big deal to lose your saved games... it must be incredibly frustrating. I think you can save to cloud and then go back and save to hard drive just to be safe.
I believe Ubi had a server problem or maybe a security threat... but whatever it was it caused the cloud to be wiped and as unfortunate as that is.... there's nothing we can do now.
It's annoying but not the end of the world...
If it was a security threat we wouldn't want a sony type shutdown for weeks or account thefts like XBL... I just accept there was a reason it happened and if people want to let off steam here they're welcome.
Things will be back to normal soon I expect.

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 02:55 AM
I don't think anyone thinks it is not a big deal to lose your saved games... it must be incredibly frustrating. I think you can save to cloud and then go back and save to hard drive just to be safe.
I believe Ubi had a server problem or maybe a security threat... but whatever it was it caused the cloud to be wiped and as unfortunate as that is.... there's nothing we can do now.
It's annoying but not the end of the world...
If it was a security threat we wouldn't want a sony type shutdown for weeks or account thefts like XBL... I just accept there was a reason it happened and if people want to let off steam here they're welcome.
Things will be back to normal soon I expect.

Agreed. And it's not like we haven't lost our own save games somewhere down the line before. Played 7 hours of Chrono Trigger. Power went out. Didn't save. Damn.

Before the internet, people would steam for a few days, kick themselves for not saving, and then play again.

If the game is fun, you won't mind. Time isn't a factor because you can pick up where you left off, unless of course your save is lost again, but if you save it locally, you'll be fine.

If you don't want to replay it because of all the time you put into it is lost, then wait a bit and see if you eventually want to come back to it. If not, then you didn't find the game all that interesting or fun in the first place and Ubisoft did you a favor.

YazX_
12-23-2013, 02:24 PM
I've seen a few of your posts around and you seem decently knowledgeable with computers. I'm surprised you demand so much QA, considering everyone has different hardware, operating systems, video card drivers, and other software that can make or break computer issues. It's not as easy as it sounds, nor is everyone having the same issue, so it's not exactly something that can be just QA'd at the drop of a hat.

being in software industry for more than 11 years now, i know what i'm talking about, the game is rushed as hell on PC, i have been around since AC1 and i miss AC2/ACB days when they got delayed to get better optimization and tested correctly, i dont blame developers because i have been in similar situation where higher management is pushing over and over to release the software knowing that it has not been stable phases as yet. sure there will be bugs and thats the case of every software but ground breaking/stoppers/crashes should be rare and heavily tested as they are the normal use case scenario for every user, the blame goes for Ubisoft Management, Business and marketing teams.

yes i agree about different hardware, environments, installed programs,...but you are assuming that not everyone having problems, this game is played by millions of people and few just complain and come to forums, vast majority of users try to fix their issues by themselves, like when i lost my saves in ACR, i've restarted and disabled the cloud sync crappy design and implementation. so my point here, since ACR -thats 2 years ago- and still same problem of cloud and never been addressed nor fixed. most of problems people are having are recycled from previous versions.

I'm not really forcing anything on anyone, just trying to show that a lost saved game isn't all that bad, if you enjoy the game enough you can start over. Sitting around on a forum *****ing about it isn't going to get your saved game back. Fact. There is no way around this.

Ubisoft has already stated that the saves are gone from another poster in a Support response. There is nothing to do but pick up the controller and start over, or put it down and don't play. If you need help with something, contact support. If they don't help you to your satisfaction, let them know that and then try again. If that doesn't work, contact Mr Shade about it.

so this is simply the solution?!?! for more than 2 years, people are losing their saves and everytime its the same problem and you advise and tell people dont complain and just restart!! does this make any sense to anyone?!

yes the saves arent coming back, but an official statement from Ubisoft about this issue and how they are going to address and fix it will make people stop complaining. look at this from WB Batman: Arkham Origins game

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Updates-on-Major-Fixes/m-p/25139#U25139

if you read it, you will notice that there is something about losing saves but its addressed and fixed within 2 weeks not 2 years never been addressed, this is what people want, identification and addressing issues then a working fix for them, not just hide in silence and spit the same bugs in every annual released game. actually, its a shame on development company and especially a giant one like Ubisoft to say "Saves are gone" without addressing a 2 years old issue.

There are far too many negative threads on this forum, between people DEMANDING their time back, (really?) and other people who are sue happy. This thread isn't for that purpose and therefore, I'll invite you to "stop trying to force your opinion on me"

The forum isn't for complaints. It's for peer to peer help and discussion. Helping everyone find a solution, hopefully together. If you want to *****, go make a blog or something, or at least have a valid complaint that isn't all caps lock and sue happy. Being angry will get no one anywhere.

Of course, if you don't like my posts, simply block me.

Have a nice day. :)

The forum is an open hub for everyone to discuss and talk freely, again you are assuming that the forum is not for complaints, there is nothing in this forum rules indicating that, everyone has the right to complain as much as he wants, by saying "forcing your opinion", i mean trying to shut complaining people up and telling them its ok, not big deal,..... i know there is alot of negativity in the forum and thats your reason, but if you go back to previous AC releases, you will see the same story over and over, doesnt that give a clue for anything???

there is no reason for me to block you, i hold no grudges towards you nor anyone, but as someone who looks at posts, its obvious that you are attacking everyone complaining and i just wanted to point out that this is not right, let everyone have his own space and complain as much as he wants especially when the same issues are happening every year with each AC release.

and Yes i'm like you, never ever had any problem with any game, maybe very minor ones but i solve it by myself, but there are major issues not user related and havent been addressed nor fixed since previous years.

guidomista
12-23-2013, 02:49 PM
The forum is an open hub for everyone to discuss and talk freely.
Yes, I agree.
But the mode is important. In this thread it seems to me we are talking in a civil way, even with very far opinions.
This could be productive and usefull.
Some guys are very hangry (from the both sides. With common sense or not).
Threats and insults get us nowhere.

So I hope, in first place, we can be, one day, a community of very different people in which everyone express and answer in a civil way.
I don't know if it will happen.
But for me it's basic for approaching issues and problems.

bye

MnemonicSyntax
12-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Yaz, if you expect me to stop going into other threads and stop telling people to lighten up and not blow a gasket and try to look at it from a different angle, then I expect you to stay out of this thread, because it's meant for positive comments only.

Of course, that goes against the very same thing you're saying, and negates the fact that "this is an open hub for everyone to discuss and talk freely" if you're telling me I cannot discuss with others there's an alternative to spewing anger everywhere and getting bent, then in essence, you are telling me I cannot do the very same thing you are accusing me of doing.

If you had read my examples, you'd see that things to the extreme are ridiculous. There are other people on here with "complaints" that are valid and still don't have the forum in an uproar.

Negativity breeds negativity. I'm trying to show people that there's always another angle they can take. I'm not saying they're wrong in the least, but they way they're carrying on, isn't helping at all.

Forum rules or otherwise.