PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Singleplayer AC4BFSP.exe has stooped working....

ImaFilthyCasul
12-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I notice a lot of people having an issue like this in multiplayer. For me, it happens during the second sequence when you have to chase after that Assassin. I climb up the ladder and vault one of the hurdles on the roof and BOOM! My game crashes telling me AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working. Here are my system specs:

Intel Core i7 4770k 3.5 ghz
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SuperClocked
2x4 gb 2133 ghz RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

If you need anymore info, I'll be glad to provide. This is really annoying when you are trying to record a YouTube lets play. Any help is appreciated!

federicoz45
12-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Actually I've got your issue continuosly sometimes every hour, sometimes every 2 minutes. I've tried everything really, uninstalling audio and video drivers, close all the apps running.
But I've found my definitive FIX.
My PC is an AMD Phenom II 1090t with gtx670, in bios there is a turbo core techonology enabled, that make it jump from 3,2 to 3,9 ghz. After disabling this, it works like a charm.
I believe that also your system have something similar in the BIOS, considering that your CPU is much advanced than mine.Try to give a look and good luck.

ImaFilthyCasul
12-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I will be sure to try and I'll let you know how it goes...

ImaFilthyCasul
12-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Actually I've got your issue continuosly sometimes every hour, sometimes every 2 minutes. I've tried everything really, uninstalling audio and video drivers, close all the apps running.
But I've found my definitive FIX.
My PC is an AMD Phenom II 1090t with gtx670, in bios there is a turbo core techonology enabled, that make it jump from 3,2 to 3,9 ghz. After disabling this, it works like a charm.
I believe that also your system have something similar in the BIOS, considering that your CPU is much advanced than mine.Try to give a look and good luck.

I tried removing the turbo but it didn't do anything. I have tried verifing game files, reinstalling, reinstalling without updating, running straight from the exe, and much more but nothing seems to work. I get on that roof and in the same place everytime I crash. I have tried different routes but the all lead to certain area of Havana that makes my game crash. If you can think of anything else i'll be happy to try it. This is just so frustrating.

federicoz45
12-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Yee I know it makes you punch the monitor. I see you have a powerful videocard. Using Evga Precision try to low down the gpu frequency of 50 - 70 mhz.
It seems that too much power is not necessary to play this game. Otherwise you see the crash is random maybe is just a bad code in the exe

BerridiAndres
12-27-2013, 04:35 AM
I have exactly the same issue in the same part!

asofd
12-27-2013, 03:56 PM
+1 I have the exact same problem.

I put in a ticket about it to Ubi support and nothing whatsoever has been done.

Ex0cet
12-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Wow, ok. This is... Certanly interesting. I have the exact same problem with my new Zotac GTX 780 Ti.

Game was running smooth and looking really good on max settings, I was quite enjoying it actually, until I reached this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ "Sequence 2:Memory 4 crash-zone".

Tried googling for a solution and only found this thread here and another thread in steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/648814843031993382/) about the same thing.

We need a reply from Ubisoft ASAP. They need to address this issue and fix it.

Along with the -******ed- "DOUBLE BUFFERING" VSYNC problem, and the need to force TRIPLE BUFFERING WITH D3DOverride in order to get 60FPS with Vsync ON.

abn505
12-28-2013, 01:27 AM
I notice a lot of people having an issue like this in multiplayer. For me, it happens during the second sequence when you have to chase after that Assassin. I climb up the ladder and vault one of the hurdles on the roof and BOOM! My game crashes telling me AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working. Here are my system specs:

Intel Core i7 4770k 3.5 ghz
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SuperClocked
2x4 gb 2133 ghz RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

If you need anymore info, I'll be glad to provide. This is really annoying when you are trying to record a YouTube lets play. Any help is appreciated!

I have almost the same system specs. I was getting the same issues as you. I still get them, but it's not as bad. I am not sure if it's the game or hardware drivers at this point. I tried everything UBISOFT recommended. I turned off optimization in Geforce experience and put the game at default settings, even though at max it was really smooth, but with the same crashes at different points. The first mission was the worst. I now get a little over an hour before I see a crash. I have everything updated, machine tuned like a fine clock with cooling and plenty of high end hardware. We shouldn't be having these issues with our specs on the hardware side. Oh well, maybe after finishing the game they will find a solution. Good Luck all!

I7 4770k 3.5
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard
Gigabyte 760 GTX-OC GB video card
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram
Windows 7 64-bit