PDA

View Full Version : PhysX setting problem in AC4

korntwist1000
12-21-2013, 02:32 AM
I already installed the physX patch but when i got to graphics option i cannot see my physX settings. I'm using GT 730m 2gb and in my nvidia control panel theres set physX configuration but in AC4 none. is this PhysX settings in AC4 only supports Super High end cards? not low to med cards?

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 03:12 AM
If you are talking about the smoke.... in options in graphics... at the bottom under vsync should be PhysX particles off, low, high. If you cannot find it then possibly your card doesn't support it but I think it should

StillNotBitten.
12-21-2013, 10:32 AM
I have same issue, installed update v1.04, but no PhysX option in graphics settings, running on GTX 560, but in game installation folder, there's a lot of dll files named PhysX....dll and APEX.....dll. I don't have any idea what can be wrong, because I used PhysX on Batman AA where its GPU variant was also added by patch and worked fine.

D.I.D.
12-21-2013, 12:01 PM
You won't be able to run PhysX anyway on a 730m. It'll bring your card to its knees, and your framerate will be terrible even on low.

AherasSTRG
12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
You won't be able to run PhysX anyway on a 730m. It'll bring your card to its knees, and your framerate will be terrible even on low.
Hell, it even kills GTX 780s.

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 01:29 PM
http://youtu.be/7QjQNiJQyR8 sorry quality is not good I think it's because I saved half size in fraps :o

Anyway the smoke adds realism but makes the game a little harder as enemies see through the smoke but we cannot. Also the sea mist is a bit thicker and at a distance it stops a ship being identified through the spyglass... but nice for those who want it. I have a gtx 670

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
http://youtu.be/XNa2a5YnEI4 I uploaded one in hd now so you can see

korntwist1000
12-21-2013, 04:39 PM
i know my card cant handle the physX but im really curious and i want to test it even im getting 5 to 10 fps im happy

strigoi1958
12-21-2013, 08:38 PM
perhaps it only allows the option in ac4 graphics to show physx particles if your card can run them. If you don't see this in ac4 options graphics maybe you haven't updated the game enough or you cannot run them.

http://i41.tinypic.com/j6pd0y.jpg

korntwist1000
12-22-2013, 02:20 AM
I already downloaded the 700mb patch and still no PhysX settings :(

HypeR.tgL
12-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Ubi did specify that mobile GPUs aren't fully supported, I guess this is what they mean.

Loucmachine.Joe
12-22-2013, 06:53 AM
perhaps it only allows the option in ac4 graphics to show physx particles if your card can run them. If you don't see this in ac4 options graphics maybe you haven't updated the game enough or you cannot run them.

http://i41.tinypic.com/j6pd0y.jpg
I dont understand... on my 780 the game works very well, but as soon as physx are enabled I get bad and very choppy/unequal framerates... even when I put evey other options on lowest.
I tried to put one of my old GTX 470 and dedicate it to physx but it only load to about 30% and I still get that choppy/unplayable framerates...
I on latest beta drivers (331.93)

I dont understand :(

strigoi1958
12-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi Louc :D
I usually set it at low (in the video is low) but clicked that to show where it is in the options. There is a LOT of smoke on high... too much for me because I'm not a good gung ho player ( I prefer stealth rather than combat ). I'm using the 331.82 drivers (after a clean uninstall using driver sweeper) which helped a lot of things. v-sync is off in the game but I think it is on in NV settings. The game runs smoothly on the settings I have shown, whether in the jungle or the city so I guess I may have stumble across whatever works for me :confused:.

I'm still going to buy a g-sync monitor next year though :D

AmaZim2
12-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Simply turn it OFF...
I enjoyed the game so far without PhysX, and will do so in the future...its this simple.

strigoi1958
12-22-2013, 11:14 PM
good point. The game is already amazing without any additional touches, but if they're here someone will want them... :D it's human nature to want things to be constantly improving and that is good for everyone

Razrback16
12-23-2013, 01:31 PM
I have the PhysX patch installed successfully and truthfully you're not missing much. It mainly adds thicker smoke from gunfire. The hit isn't too huge, my GTX 680 isn't slowed down much by it, but it really doesn't add much, so don't feel like you're really missing anything.

Loucmachine.Joe
12-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi Louc :D
I usually set it at low (in the video is low) but clicked that to show where it is in the options. There is a LOT of smoke on high... too much for me because I'm not a good gung ho player ( I prefer stealth rather than combat ). I'm using the 331.82 drivers (after a clean uninstall using driver sweeper) which helped a lot of things. v-sync is off in the game but I think it is on in NV settings. The game runs smoothly on the settings I have shown, whether in the jungle or the city so I guess I may have stumble across whatever works for me :confused:.

I'm still going to buy a g-sync monitor next year though :D

its weird, my v sync is off too, like i said i put everything to lowest possible except for physx to low and bam, i get 28-30 choppy fps...
In all and all I dont really care about physx, but if it can run smoothly and add a little touch I would take it.. :P

Btw G-Sync looks very cool, but if you have a 120hz+ monitor, tearing is really not that bad without v-sync because of monitor scan times being alot quicker.