PDA

View Full Version : Order of Play?

ReggaePirate
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Looking for some advice here. Would I lose a lot by playing AC4 before I've played AC3?

DinoSteve1
12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
No, you can go ahead and play AC4, the only part that may confuse you is the modern day stuff. Besides AC3 is ****, if you can avoid playing it do.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
If you care about the modern day story, then play AC3 first; since the modern story is already convoluted and confusing, you don't want to miss anything. But if you're just in it for the history stuff, go right ahead to AC4. Black Flag's protagonist is actually AC3's protagonist's grandfather, so it's not like AC3's Revolutionary War story is going to be relevant to AC4's story which takes place 40ish years earlier.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Like the others said; if you want the "complete" experience (historical AND modern day stuff) then definitely play AC3 first. Then play AC4.

But if all you care about is the historical aspect and playing as a pirate, play AC4. I believe you can play the entire game without touching the modern day stuff at all or at least come really close. (I don't have the game so there might be a little intro to the game that takes place in the modern stuff but yeah)

I'm not sure if you've played the previous games... but if you REALLY care about the plot and haven't played AC, AC2, ACB, and ACR as well as AC3 then you should really go from there otherwise, starting at AC3 will be confusing too when it comes to the modern day stuff. I suppose you could get the gist of it but it still won't seem as interesting.

That said...AC3 is probably the most boring of the series while AC4 is getting a LOT more praise so yeah.

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
If you want to know more about the First Civ then yeah, play AC3. Otherwise, going straight to AC4 will be fine.