PDA

View Full Version : I will be visiting this forum a lot less for some time

Farlander1991
12-20-2013, 08:33 AM
"Oh, yeah, because you're so important that you just HAVE to create a thread for this, show-off!"

Well, if you don't care, then get the **** out, this thread is going to die soon anyway, I just want to say a temporary goodbye to those fellow forummers whom I've enjoyed talking to, discussing the series, its problems, its strengths, its weaknesses, having fun arguments and all that good stuff. You know, Sushi, ladyleonhart, Frost, M, SixKeys, Pirate, Sid, Rooster, shohbit, and all the other people I'm sorry I haven't mentioned because the list is quite long :p

This has started going on since Summer or something like that, but after my every forum visit I feel really exhausted. There's a lot of awesome people here with an array of different opinions (and I don't have any problems with, it's fun exchanging different opinions, especially when they're widely opposite), but there's also so much petty bickering, self-entitled *****ing, inability to respect another person's opinions and having a "I'm better than you attitude" that I am just tired of seeing this. Also arguing about pretty much the same things for months. I thought if I'd just ignore all that it will be alright, but, honestly, it's giving me brain tumor now (metaphorically). So I'm taking a break from this place for an unspecified while. Maybe I'll visit rarely (and, heck, I'll still visit today too, so there's that :p ), but don't expect me to post much.

Hope you've all enjoyed the AC3 level design blog series, and, btw, the AC2 critique blog post series is going to see its end as well. I really want to start doing regular updates on my blog (not just about AC topics, but game design and everything in general), actually, so keep an eye on it if you're interested.

Also, feel free to add me on uPlay :) Farlander1991, that's me. :)

And, heck, if you want to just go "FAR!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU?!?!?!?!" at some point, you're free to mail me on[email removed] (just don't forget to put your nickname in there somewhere :D )

Have fun, guys! It's been a blast, and hope we'll see each other more frequently in the future!

MnemonicSyntax
12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Well, this sucks. I always thought we agreed on a lot of things.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

killzab
12-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Oh ... a shame, you were one of the most interesting people on the forums ! :)

Goodbye !

ProletariatPleb
12-20-2013, 10:22 AM
H-hey, hey mentioned me!

LoyalACFan
12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
But... I like you :(

DON'T LEAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mr_Shade
12-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Have fun - enjoy the break :)

I have removed your personal email details - since these forums, like any public one, are crawled by bots looking for personal information - which they use for spam etc..

ArabianFrost
12-20-2013, 11:52 AM
But all the constructive arguments you give...see you later then!

The lurkers' guild welcomes you. We are becoming stronger by the day.

shobhit7777777
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Bye Farlander, see you in a while. Have fun :D

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 01:21 PM
May you find a lasting peace down among the dead..... I...I mean.... down among the.........Red.....Ted....Bed..... Damn it!!! I always mess up the cool goodbyes.

SixKeys
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Shame to see you go, you were one of the more constructive posters around. :( Take care.

Assassin_M
12-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I don't think I was so devastated to see someone leave these forums in my life :|

From a manly man to another manly man...I'll miss you, friend. your posts and blog were extremely good reads and I humbly thank you for mentioning my name as one of the people you had fun talking with :)

Oh and uhh...I can't wait till you finish your AC II critique, I really wanted to be there for the beginning of it, but I was busy xP

Enjoy your life, mate

(if it'll make you feel better, I did my own goodbye thread once ;P it's okay when....*ahem* important people *cough* do goodbye threads >_>)

Shahkulu101
12-20-2013, 05:22 PM
See you for the meantime mate, you'll always be a valued member. Good luck. :p

DinoSteve1
12-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry you feel like that OP, but I don't get it, maybe it because I visit the Bioware boards but compared to that this board is all sunshine and rainbows. If you made this thread on the Bioware board you wouldn't get all these nice responses, you would just get the height of abuse, so sorry I don't get your reasons for wanting to leave. But sincerely Good luck.

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 09:29 PM
*shudder* Bioware Boards...... PTSD man....PTSD.....

Megas_Doux
12-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Go be with your family, and live well..........

adventurewomen
12-21-2013, 01:37 AM
This has started going on since Summer or something like that, but after my every forum visit I feel really exhausted. There's a lot of awesome people here with an array of different opinions (and I don't have any problems with, it's fun exchanging different opinions, especially when they're widely opposite), but there's also so much petty bickering, self-entitled *****ing, inability to respect another person's opinions and having a "I'm better than you attitude" that I am just tired of seeing this. Also arguing about pretty much the same things for months. I thought if I'd just ignore all that it will be alright, but, honestly, it's giving me brain tumor now (metaphorically). So I'm taking a break from this place for an unspecified while. Maybe I'll visit rarely (and, heck, I'll still visit today too, so there's that :p ), but don't expect me to post much.

Have fun, guys! It's been a blast, and hope we'll see each other more frequently in the future!
I'm getting the same feeling, I have felt a lot on animosity directed at me that I have experienced since I've started posting again here this year. The negativity is grating.

Well I hope to see you come back, I think I might take a break from here as well.

I-Like-Pie45
12-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Farlander, Adventurewomen, Assassin_M, let's form a cool new forum which we shall rule over with an iron fist.

I can be Stalin and the rest of you can be Trotskys.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Farewell, I'm sure we will see you again. Safety and peace Farlander.

roostersrule2
12-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Goodbye Farlander, I will miss you and all your AC2 discrediting :rolleyes:

Seriously though you were a constructive member who always put out a good argument.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

pirate1802
12-23-2013, 08:17 PM
What? One of my favourite posters goes away and I don't get to say goodbye? :(

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Well goodluck mate. You know you cannot resist coming back once the next one is revealed!

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Totally read that in Haytham's voice.