PDA

View Full Version : "Look at the Stars" - Conspiracy time!

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 07:29 AM
I've been wondering what the guy at Ubisoft meant when he said "look at the stars", in regard to the ACV hint. It was also mentioned that the hint is right in our face, yet easily overlooked if you only pay attention to Ade and the slave liberating aspect of the story.

Another theme throughout Freedom Cry was navigation and the mapping/measuring of the earth. This was explained as a means for French and Spanish navies to gain strategic dominance over the seas. But, I think it could mean more than that. What if mapping and the measuring of the earth is our clue? It's something in your face yet hidden under the main narrative of the story.

So, assuming this sub plot of mapping and measuring is a clue, how does it fit in with the "look at the stars" clue? There's only one way I can think of and that's 'Star Maps'. Ancient civilizations mapping the sky's. Put your conspiracy hats on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKCwOJov4fU

It's worth watching the whole video if only for the entertainment. And it turns out, ancient star maps are actually pretty interesting. I had no idea. So many references to Freemasons (Templars), human origins. Also lots of talk about Egypt (possibly the location of ACV?). It even made me question if the Key of Solomon might be what's inside the mystery box! lol.

This is most likely a load of crap though lol I just got board. If you have any ideas what the Star quote could mean, share!

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 07:46 AM
*Conspiracy Hat mode ACTIVATE*

Well the hint was "look at the stars"........so.....SPACE!!!! ACV is going to SPACE!!!!

Or even deeper.... in the fantasy adventure classic Dragonheart, Draco's last bit of advice to the knight Bowen was "Look to the Stars"....so........Medieval Britain!!!!

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 09:03 AM
*Conspiracy Hat mode ACTIVATE*

Well the hint was "look at the stars"........so.....SPACE!!!! ACV is going to SPACE!!!!

Or even deeper.... in the fantasy adventure classic Dragonheart, Draco's last bit of advice to the knight Bowen was "Look to the Stars"....so........Medieval Britain!!!!

Confirmed. Medieval Brits...IN SPACE!

Kagurra
12-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I thought it was more or less confirmed that the hint was the little box at the end referring to AC: Embers. You could argue that only hardcore AC fans would get it because they're the only ones who saw Embers.

You don't gotta to full on turbo nerd mapping out the in-game stars...

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I thought it was more or less confirmed that the hint was the little box at the end referring to AC: Embers. You could argue that only hardcore AC fans would get it because they're the only ones who saw Embers.

You don't gotta to full on turbo nerd mapping out the in-game stars...

The box is interesting because it looks like the one from Embers, but it hasn't been confirmed at all. And it doesn't fit with the clues given by the devs. Also, no way would I say that only hardcore fans have watched Embers. Anyone can watch it for free on Youtube.

aL_____eX
12-20-2013, 09:53 AM
The fact Darby didn't even bother mentioning it in his reply to Wolfmeister1010's post in Twitter speaks for the box.

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 10:08 AM
The fact Darby didn't even bother mentioning it in his reply to Wolfmeister1010's post in Twitter speaks for the box.

I don't follow Twitter. But the fact he left it out of his reply to some random, doesn't really say much. Just because someone chooses not to comment on something - doesn't make it true.

aL_____eX
12-20-2013, 10:12 AM
That's right. I must correct my comment, it COULD be that this MAY have something to do with the box being the hint, as he choose not to comment it. :p I really hope it is the box, which would lead us to Shao Jun maybe and this would lead us to China again and this would be awesome :-)

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
That's right. I have must my comment, it COULD be that this MAY have something to do with the box being the hint, as he choose not to comment it. :p I really hope it is the box, which would lead us to Shao Jun maybe and this would lead us to China again and this would be awesome :-)

I'd like China too. But people are too quick to give it as the definite answer, even though as far as I can tell, the box has nothing to do with the other clues. And I don't think anyone can claim to be a "hardcore fan" for watching Embers.

DinoSteve1
12-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Maybe ACV is going to be set in the Lion King, because we all know the great Lions become stars in the sky.

MIA SILENT
12-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Maybe ACV is going to be set in the Lion King, because we all know the great Lions become stars in the sky.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Ubi usually like to give AC some historical accuracy. Setting it in a movie just wouldn't seem right.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2013, 10:40 AM

Lion's Creed CONFIRMED!

http://www.wallpapersfolder.com/user-content/uploads/wall/o/52/assassin_creed_3_lion_wallpaper.jpg

aL_____eX
12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Connor sequel! TOKW was just the beginning, lion power will be his 4th super power in AC5. I believe Scar is going to be the templar grandmaster.

But seriously... I still believe the whole thing around the box is not that far away, or maybe as someone said, stars could also be on of the stars (protagonists) of Freedom Cry, but that a bit of wishful thinking till now.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2013, 01:19 PM
But seriously... I still believe the whole thing around the box is not that far away, or maybe as someone said, stars could also be on of the stars (protagonists) of Freedom Cry, but that a bit of wishful thinking till now.

I was kind of thinking along those same lines about the "stars" being previously established AC characters, but not necessarily just the characters from Freedom Cry. That could be pointing to anybody already in the series... might be Adewale, or it might be Shao Jun, Connor, Aveline, hell, could be anybody. There's still the distinct possibility that the Easter Egg is still undiscovered and could point to any established character.

I'm definitely leaning toward the box being a hint in the direction of China though. They made a point of showing it to us unwrapped at the very end after it had been wrapped up throughout the entire DLC, hinting that Ade opened it, but they were still acting all cagey about what's inside... It's like they're deliberately trolling us with it, lol. For that reason alone, it could be a red herring, but I'm still convinced that Ezio's box has not been forgotten by the writers.

aL_____eX
12-20-2013, 01:28 PM
That second thing is something I was wondering about, too. Bastienne wanted to have the package, Adewale got from the Templar officer on the fleet ship. Why would Ubi show us what was the content of the package, if it had no meaning in the end? Also Bastienne's words "I'll keep it for memory" put me in a reflective mood.

Hope they will bring light to this as soon as possible! Until that I have to stop flirting with the China setting!

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 01:34 PM

Dear God...I didn't even consider the chance of a COMBO SETTING!!!! BRILLIANT!!!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

STDlyMcStudpants
12-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Slaves would follow the north star to get to Canada...

Kagurra
12-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Slaves would follow the north star to get to Canada...

Wouldn't be that simple considering we could come to that conclusion without playing the DLC or knowing anything about anything. They said the hint was in the DLC and "hardcore" fans would get it. It's not Canada.

pacmanate
12-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Pakistan.

I bet nothing.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-21-2013, 03:12 AM

Wouldn't be that simple considering we could come to that conclusion without playing the DLC or knowing anything about anything. They said the hint was in the DLC and "hardcore" fans would get it. It's not Canada.

Maybe not Canada but it could have to do with the underground railroad, but yeah you wouldn't need to be a hardcore fan to connect those dots.

HendrikMS
01-24-2014, 03:04 PM
It's Agypt! Why?
Well at firtst we have the possible szenarios E-Mail from a hacking mission that mentions this as a possible szenario (13th century agypt and northern africa)
Pharao Shabatka had the papal staff(a piece of eden) before Rodrigo Borgia had it so this piece of eden could be in africa
there was an assassin Tomb of Amunet in the Basilika di San Marco(AC2) and she is from agypt
Darim Ibn-La'Ahad, the eldest son of Altaďr lived for a couple of years in Alexandria
In AC:R Ezio sended a few assassins to a destroyed library in alexandria to find something(i don't remember what they are supposed to find)
Haytham Kenway was in Agypt too to save his friend Jim Holden and to save his sister jenny
Desmond was in AC 3 Desmond in a museum in kairo (Third mission i think)
And Wesley Pincombe said that it is right in front of us in freedom cry so i think he meant Adewale and the black slaves!
What do you think?

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 05:15 PM
And Wesley Pincombe said that it is right in front of us in freedom cry so i think he meant Adewale and the black slaves!
What do you think?

Sigh...

Like I said in another thread, slavery could point to ANYTHING. It has been in practice for thousands of years, the Egyptians weren't the first nor last to use slave labor.

And you can't really count previous AC references to Egypt as "hints" since basically everywhere on Earth has been referenced at least once in AC. If anything, I'd say they were hinting at Japan (that was one of the possible settings in the email too, and according to Initiates a lot of stuff is going on in Japan right now) but that's a little too obvious. I doubt it means anything. Although Altair is a star (look to the stars) and the Altair II is in Japan right now... Hmm.

Hans684
01-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Altair II is in Japan right now... Hmm.

The last i heard was that they are going to Russia after decoding Williams's codex(that also pointed them to Japan).

Aphex_Tim
01-24-2014, 06:14 PM

Against the Nazis on the dark side of the moon, right?

silvermercy
01-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Are there any flags with stars? It could be a country's flag with stars but not sure... We have modern flags and older ones.

Candidates... LOL http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Flags_with_stars

Hans684
01-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Maybe the "look at the stars" has something to star maps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_chart

http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=981&bih=617&q=star+map&oq=star+m&gs_l=img.1.0.0l2j0i10j0l3j0i24l4.1966.4728.0.6269. 6.6.0.0.0.0.270.826.0j4j1.5.0....0...1ac.1.32.img. .1.5.822.dgkC4gLlWsE

ze_topazio
01-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Brazil has starts on its flag and slavery was strong there, imagine an Assassin fighting with an ancestral form of Capoeira.

SixKeys
01-24-2014, 07:49 PM
The Chinese flag has stars....Just sayin'.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 08:19 PM
If "look to the stars" really was a hint about flags, then that was a really lameass hint. I checked that list Silver posted, and even if our range of candidates includes only countries with five-pointed stars, the game could pretty much be set friggin' anywhere.

I guess at least we'd know we weren't getting Antarctica's Creed.

ziljn
01-25-2014, 04:13 AM
The Chinese flag has stars....Just sayin'.

Tons of flags have stars on them, and the current Chinese flag was adopted in 1949. What did it look like throughout time?

MeMckee
01-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Next AC is supposed to be part 5. (is that actually confirmed?) Chinese flag has five stars......and then there is the box. Only hard core fans would follow the movements of that box all over the franchise. I'm guessing China but that's just the homer in me wanting to explore tombs underneath Shaolin. I also don't understand why people always lump China and Japan together. The two are really very different all things considered.

My only other guess is that look at the stars means the stars of the story, Adewale and Bastienne. They both speak french as do the majority in Port au Prince.

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 10:23 PM
... Okay, so I'm no closer to figuring out the "look to the stars" thing (though it probably has something to do with Godin and his astronomy) but check this out. From Initiates;

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140120130207/assassinscreed/images/thumb/2/2a/AFamilyVow_Eseosa.jpg/250px-AFamilyVow_Eseosa.jpg

Eseosa, grandson of Adewale. That seems like an awfully detailed portrait for somebody who gets nothing more than a little mention in an Initiates mission, don't you think? The musket on the back just screams "video game" to be honest, that's a pretty atypical way to carry a gun that long. And the Assassin belt buckle seems like something they'd only put on a decently important character. Could it be that Eseosa is going to get a little more attention? Maybe not as a full protagonist, but then again... maybe?

As for the flag thing, the flag of Haiti had five stars for a little while a few years after the end of the revolution, in which Eseosa fought.

silvermercy
01-28-2014, 01:20 AM
My only other guess is that look at the stars means the stars of the story, Adewale and Bastienne. They both speak french as do the majority in Port au Prince.
Haiti was a French colony. I can't think of anything else at the moment. I've exhausted my options. lol

LoyalACFan
01-28-2014, 01:28 AM
That picture makes me want an Eseosa game, dammit :nonchalance:

ze_topazio
01-28-2014, 02:09 AM
The Haitian revolution happened not long after the American revolution, this franchise most hated main character could make an appearance.

I-Like-Pie45
01-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Why would you want whatshisname in a game?

With him, his people will become as overused as the 18th century.

ze_topazio
01-28-2014, 02:14 AM
But at least he has a ship, Aveline could appear too, the ghosts of Altair, Ezio and Edward too because why not.

BandicootBeav
01-28-2014, 02:52 AM
As long as the setting is before the use of gunpowder I don't mind, no more guns and explosions please.

MeMckee
01-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Haiti was a French colony. I can't think of anything else at the moment. I've exhausted my options. lol

It was reach I know but that's the only thing I see if Freedom Cry besides the box.

Buzgau
02-10-2014, 12:57 PM
In my opinion Ubisoft said with "Look at the stars" that 2014 is the Chinese Zodiac and the Chinese flag has 5 stars (5 from Assassin's Creed V) .. so this would be the mystery in that words.

Krayus Korianis
02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Look to the shtarsh, Bowen. To the shtarsh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_B3w186vLs

jdowny
02-16-2014, 01:33 AM
In light of the image that's popped up on ACInitiates, maybe the Kremlin Stars? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kremlin_stars

AdamPearce
02-16-2014, 04:04 AM
It's the French, com'on.

French colony
French guards
French outfit
French slaves
French is spoken

You guys focuses to much on selective points like a box that appears 1.5 sec or a little gadgets. The hint is hidden in the obvious, where no one will look. Anyway W&C.

LoyalACFan
02-16-2014, 06:31 AM
It's the French, com'on.

French colony
French guards
French outfit
French slaves
French is spoken

You guys focuses to much on selective points like a box that appears 1.5 sec or a little gadgets. The hint is hidden in the obvious, where no one will look. Anyway W&C.

You've stretched the "French" hint into five different points as if they're all different things :rolleyes: Yeah, it's a French colony, so everything in it is French. That's ONE hint, not five.

Plus, what does it have to do with "look to the stars?"

Hans684
02-16-2014, 09:56 AM
You've stretched the "French" hint into five different points as if they're all different things :rolleyes: Yeah, it's a French colony, so everything in it is French. That's ONE hint, not five.

Plus, what does it have to do with "look to the stars?"

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

There is a page from the Voynich manuscript with someone looking at the stars, it isn't in the link and i can't find the page.

Gibbo2g_83
02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

There is a page from the Voynich manuscript with someone looking at the stars, it isn't in the link and i can't find the page.

I saw that too but I couldn't work out a potential location for 5 from it.

oliacr
02-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Forgive my ignorance. But where did this "look at the stars" come from? I haven't seen it anywhere, please enlighten me.

Sushiglutton
02-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Forgive my ignorance. But where did this "look at the stars" come from? I haven't seen it anywhere, please enlighten me.

If memory serves me:

Ubi said that Freedom Cry would have some clue about AC5. When asked about this on twitter one of the FreedomCry dev said look a the stars, or something like that. So it should refer to something you can find in Freedom Cry.

samurai.leo
02-16-2014, 03:28 PM
in assassin creed freedom cry dlc is character name is louis godin,who is astronomer, it could be about french geodesic mission that took place in south america

oliacr
02-16-2014, 03:44 PM
If memory serves me:

Ubi said that Freedom Cry would have some clue about AC5. When asked about this on twitter one of the FreedomCry dev said look a the stars, or something like that. So it should refer to something you can find in Freedom Cry.

Thanks, but for me the clue was the small box:) We'll see that in 2weeks usual announcement time is the first couple of days of march, the leak is the last couple of days of february :)

Sushiglutton
02-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks, but for me the clue was the small box:) We'll see that in 2weeks usual announcement time is the first couple of days of march, the leak is the last couple of days of february :)

Yeah that's the only reasonable clue I've heard about too. But it doesn't have anything to do with stars. And it seems strange that the dev would just lie like that. So maybe there is some other clue noone has thought of yet. I guess we'll never no as noone is likely to figure it out now if it hasn't been before.

oliacr
02-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah that's the only reasonable clue I've heard about too. But it doesn't have anything to do with stars. And it seems strange that the dev would just lie like that. So maybe there is some other clue noone has thought of yet. I guess we'll never no as noone is likely to figure it out now if it hasn't been before.

A month ago somebody mentioned the box and the star have one thing in common. Shao Jun she is Chinese(the box was given to her by Ezio) stars(The Chinese flag).

silvermercy
02-16-2014, 05:37 PM
A month ago somebody mentioned the box and the star have one thing in common. Shao Jun she is Chinese(the box was given to her by Ezio) stars(The Chinese flag).
Still very vague though. And we're still grasping at straws with this connection.

Apparently, it's very obvious or in "your face" according to Ubi.

I-Like-Pie45
02-16-2014, 05:46 PM
stars are only on the modern day PRC flag or the flag of SAR macau

wait...

new modern day setting confirmed

Cornik22
02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A483DdSArI

Nuff said.

ze_topazio
02-16-2014, 07:39 PM
^ I'm convinced.

GunnerGalactico
02-16-2014, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A483DdSArI

Nuff said.

LMAO.. :o Cool glitch

Edward doing the Russian Cossack dance on the roof.

I-Like-Pie45
02-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Something happened to me last night when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go. I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky. It was moving irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around. And when I came to, I was home. Do you think these were the stars Ubi referred to?

Shahkulu101
02-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Something happened to me last night when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go. I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky. It was moving irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around. And when I came to, I was home. Do you think these were the stars Ubi referred to?

Next AC confirmed to take place in Kawanishi-Noseguchi, Kinunobebashi, Takiyama, Uguisunomori, Tsuzumigataki, Tada, Hirano, Ichinotorii.

ze_topazio
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I wonder if we will have a mission where the main character makes cartwheels naked, hopefully said main character is female.

Sushiglutton
02-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Still very vague though. And we're still grasping at straws with this connection.

Apparently, it's very obvious or in "your face" according to Ubi.

Yeah that's how I see it too. Plus almost every civilisation has some kind of star symbol in some capacity. The star clue must point more directly to something specific in Freedom Cry imo.

ze_topazio
02-17-2014, 03:00 AM
I just had an epiphany, what if "star" is actually an anagram of TSAR? Russia confirmed!

Assassin_M
02-17-2014, 03:14 AM
This has to do with that one mission in Freedom Cry where Adewale investigates a French scientific expedition...wasn't Loius Godin an Astronomer?

I-Like-Pie45
02-17-2014, 03:42 AM
I figured it out, and it's not even in Freedom Cry, the true hint. Take a look at the trailer for the new Godzilla movie. Why Godzilla? Because like Freedom, he also cries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwsUD7jYCI
The skydiving soldiers look like stars falling from the sky. What are stars falling from skies associated with? The Apocalypse!

What year is Godzilla coming out? 2014, the same year at least two AC games have come out in! (Liberation HD and unannounced console game)

What month is Godzilla coming out in? May, the month before the big E3 trailer!

Where is Godzilla set? San Francisco, showing that Godzilla really does not like gay people or Dirty Harry.

What is Godzilla's homeland? Japan.

What was Godzilla an analogue of? The atomic bomb and its aftermath.

Clearly, this proves that AC5 will finally take the series to World War II, but a much different vision of WW2 from the usual Nazi Germans are mean! setting of The Saboteur.

The other signs, such as the Apocalypse evocation and the music from 2001: A Space Odyssey obviously indicate that the 1st Civilization shall play a strong role in the game and that perhaps finally things will be brought to an end.

The modern day will be set in San Francisco, a city hub, and the new modern day protagonist will be a butch against the rules do you feel lucky punk-ish law enforcer who discovers the Assassins while simultaneously dealing with his closeted homosexuality.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2014, 02:14 PM
I just had an epiphany, what if "star" is actually an anagram of TSAR? Russia confirmed!
This makes more sense now that a picture of a female Assassin in Moscow has been revealed on acinitiates.com

silvermercy
02-17-2014, 02:25 PM
It can also be "rats". :p

I think the "astronomer" hint makes sense, too.

ze_topazio
02-17-2014, 02:48 PM
It can also be "rats". :p

I think the "astronomer" hint makes sense, too.

Some of you people like to, affectionately, call Connor, Raton, well, Ratón is Spanish for rat or mouse or whatever, Connor sequel confirmed.

silvermercy
02-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Some of you people like to, affectionately, call Connor, Raton, well, Ratón is Spanish for rat or mouse or whatever, Connor sequel confirmed.
#confirmed

ahaha! I like the way you think! :D "look at the rats" (I'm gonna bookmark this page in case this happens! lol)