PDA

View Full Version : I know it's like pretty late... *SPOILERS*

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 03:10 AM
But have any of you guys thought about what Thomas Hickey said to Connor before he died?

"Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty."

I thought this dialogue really served as a foreshadowing element, because it sort of does reflect the ending of the game(Not the modern day ending). You know, Connor's lost a lot within the course of his lifetime we relive through, his mother, Kanentokon, Haytham, Achilles, and his village. At the end, he goes and talks to Juno on why his village was driven out, and Juno replies that sacrifices have to be made and then requests that he buries the amulet where no one would look. Connor came a long way, but he sacrificed a lot as an assassin, but gained little to nothing in the end after stopping the Templars.

Charles_Phipps
12-20-2013, 03:55 AM
But have any of you guys thought about what Thomas Hickey said to Connor before he died?

"Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty."

I thought this dialogue really served as a foreshadowing element, because it sort of does reflect the ending of the game(Not the modern day ending). You know, Connor's lost a lot within the course of his lifetime we relive through, his mother, Kanentokon, Haytham, Achilles, and his village. At the end, he goes and talks to Juno on why his village was driven out, and Juno replies that sacrifices have to be made and then requests that he buries the amulet where no one would look. Connor came a long way, but he sacrificed a lot as an assassin, but gained little to nothing in the end after stopping the Templars.

Connor actually ended up pretty okay because of the Homestead missions. While Connor lost his village and connection to the Mohawk people, he created his own community of multiracial and multinational people living together in peace and equality--which is the America Connor wanted to build but would take centuries to do so. The Homestead is a small American Dream but it's Connor's part and eventually grows.

Assassin_M
12-20-2013, 04:01 AM
Ezio is better...he lost Cristina...such feels

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Connor actually ended up pretty okay because of the Homestead missions. While Connor lost his village and connection to the Mohawk people, he created his own community of multiracial and multinational people living together in peace and equality--which is the America Connor wanted to build but would take centuries to do so. The Homestead is a small American Dream but it's Connor's part and eventually grows.
Yeah, I know that the Homestead settlers became his family, but Connor eventually failed to protect his village...

poptartz20
12-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Ezio is better...he lost Cristina...such feels

#truestory

Haha... welcome back friend.

Charles_Phipps
12-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I know that the Homestead settlers became his family, but Connor eventually failed to protect his village...

Connor protected them as best he could, up to and including preventing George Washington from wiping them out completely. Sadly, they turned on him first. I don't think he really would have been welcome after killing one of his fellow tribesmen.

I also liked Assassin's Creed: Forsaken and its coda with Connor.

Connor isn't upset about the way things turned out. Dissapointed? Yes. However, he understands changing the course of nations and empires is a multi-century sort of deal.

I applaud his courage.

Assassin_M
12-20-2013, 04:30 AM
#truestory

Haha... welcome back friend.
Thank you, dear friend...it is good to be back x)

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Connor protected them as best he could, up to and including preventing George Washington from wiping them out completely. Sadly, they turned on him first. I don't think he really would have been welcome after killing one of his fellow tribesmen.

I also liked Assassin's Creed: Forsaken and its coda with Connor.

Connor isn't upset about the way things turned out. Dissapointed? Yes. However, he understands changing the course of nations and empires is a multi-century sort of deal.

I applaud his courage.

Yeah, me too. I applaud his courage as well, but I don't really know of his impression when he saw a man on a stand with black slaves. I think the guy was trying to auction them off or something....sort of the beginning of a new problem...

Charles_Phipps
12-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Yeah, me too. I applaud his courage as well, but I don't really know of his impression when he saw a man on a stand with black slaves. I think the guy was trying to auction them off or something....sort of the beginning of a new problem...

Yeah, basically Connor knows he's going to be doing this **** for the rest of his life and probably his descendants lives too.

Assassin_M
12-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Judging by Aveline's DLC, I'd wager that's what Connor continued to focus on after becoming de facto mentor...freeing slaves, recruiting their leaders and supporting their resistance...another fight he probably never lived to see finished..

Charles_Phipps
12-20-2013, 04:40 AM
It's kind of dark because we know that, unlike Ezio, Connor's descendants don't get to retire to be heads of big Italian vineyards.

They end up living in an isolated compound in the middle of the woods.

It's the tragedy of the Kenways their line ends with Desmond Miles.

Who, while he saves the world, dies in a way that the Templars get to use him for their ends.

Ezio and Altair's kids have possibly centuries of peace between them but the Kenways are implied to be about 200 .years of Assassining

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 04:43 AM
It's kind of dark because we know that, unlike Ezio, Connor's descendants don't get to retire to be heads of big Italian vineyards.

They end up living in an isolated compound in the middle of the woods.

It's the tragedy of the Kenways their line ends with Desmond Miles.

Who, while he saves the world, dies in a way that the Templars get to use him for their ends.

Ezio and Altair's kids have possibly centuries of peace between them but the Kenways are implied to be about 200 .years of Assassining

There's still hope if Desmond actually has a son if predicted right by Subject 16 in ACB.

Charles_Phipps
12-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Eh, as Christ-figure sacrifices go, Desmond didn't half-bad.

But still, the Kenways suffered a lot.

It kind of makes you wonder if Edward wouldn't have been better off staying a pirate.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Eh, as Christ-figure sacrifices go, Desmond didn't half-bad.

But still, the Kenways suffered a lot.

It kind of makes you wonder if Edward wouldn't have been better off staying a pirate.
Well, both lives would lead to a lonely path anyways. Living as an assassin is almost as dangerous as a pirate's.

poptartz20
12-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Connor had a great story.. I just feel that it was severely underrated due to high expectations and people thinking what it should and could have been. and of course it did follow Ezio sadly which he still remains the most popular assassin in the series. :|

Now it's funny to actually see people saying AC3 had a better story than AC4 when people hated/disliked AC3 Dafuq? lol.

but the Kenways though. ugh... ( I haven't finished AC4 yet but knowing the series NO ONE EVER LIVES HAPPILY ) I'm expecting more people to die but the overall story of the Kenways is rather tragic. #thestruggleisreal

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Connor had a great story.. I just feel that it was severely underrated due to high expectations and people thinking what it should and could have been. and of course it did follow Ezio sadly which he still remains the most popular assassin in the series. :|

Now it's funny to actually see people saying AC3 had a better story than AC4 when people hated/disliked AC3 Dafuq? lol.

but the Kenways though. ugh... ( I haven't finished AC4 yet but knowing the series NO ONE EVER LIVES HAPPILY ) I'm expecting more people to die but the overall story of the Kenways is rather tragic. #thestruggleisreal
The lines are blurred by ignorant people pretty much. Connor did have a great story, but it seems people's hype and disappointment made them oversee what a great character Connor was. And now, all they say is that they "hate" Connor. :-\

Assassin_M
12-20-2013, 05:31 AM
The lines are blurred by ignorant people pretty much. Connor did have a great story, but it seems people's hype and disappointment made them oversee what a great character Connor was. And now, all they say is that they "hate" Connor. :-\
and would kill themselves if they have to play another game with him...

(Pssst....Yves? you there? just one more game, Yves...come on....you know you want to)

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 05:44 AM
and would kill themselves if they have to play another game with him...

(Pssst....Yves? you there? just one more game, Yves...come on....you know you want to)

I'd love to finish his story. Why would they bother making an Aveline HD when they could have made a Connor game? Aveline's game was suppose to be exclusive for VITA, but now, who would want it on VITA!?

roostersrule2
12-20-2013, 06:25 AM
The lines are blurred by ignorant people pretty much. Connor did have a great story, but it seems people's hype and disappointment made them oversee what a great character Connor was. And now, all they say is that they "hate" Connor. :-\Connor did have a great story, but it was terrible executed and as Pirate says a simple story that is executed well is better then a great story that is executed poorly.

Then again executing is barbaric.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 06:44 AM
Connor did have a great story, but it was terrible executed and as Pirate says a simple story that is executed well is better then a great story that is executed poorly.

Then again executing is barbaric.
It was unexpected to play Haytham for like 4 sequences He took up 1/3 of the game entirely.

roostersrule2
12-20-2013, 06:50 AM
It was unexpected to play Haytham for like 4 sequences He took up 1/3 of the game entirely.I got spoiled Haythams part by the IGN review (IGN reviews have so many spoilers). I thought it'd be over by the first sequence though.

pirate1802
12-20-2013, 06:54 AM
I think it would have been better to cut the Haytham sequences to 2 and start out sequence 3 with a fully ready Connor (with him narrating his childhood events to Achilles in some flashback sequences or something.) That would get rid of the two prologue problem..

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 06:55 AM
I'd love to finish his story. Why would they bother making an Aveline HD when they could have made a Connor game? Aveline's game was suppose to be exclusive for VITA, but now, who would want it on VITA!?

I'm REALLY happy they're porting it. Else I wouldn't ever have any experience getting to know Aveline.

Perk89
12-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Connor's story was held back by poor design and writing decisions, chief among them being that we didn't even get o be a robed Assassin until like Sequence 6.

Lot of good in his story held back from crappy development choices. He as a character though is great and still has a lot of untapped potential. Ubi just dropped the ball with him as far as I'm concerned.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Connor's story was held back by poor design and writing decisions, chief among them being that we didn't even get o be a robed Assassin until like Sequence 6.

Lot of good in his story held back from crappy development choices. He as a character though is great and still has a lot of untapped potential. Ubi just dropped the ball with him as far as I'm concerned.
I believe it was also because of the development of the AnvilNext too. ACIII was the prototype for the engine.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 07:19 AM
I got spoiled Haythams part by the IGN review (IGN reviews have so many spoilers). I thought it'd be over by the first sequence though.
IGN reviews suck anyways. That's why some people called them IGNorant.

phoenix-force411
12-20-2013, 07:20 AM
I think it would have been better to cut the Haytham sequences to 2 and start out sequence 3 with a fully ready Connor (with him narrating his childhood events to Achilles in some flashback sequences or something.) That would get rid of the two prologue problem..

Yeah, they should have done that while squeezing some things into one sequence. It took too long to get to Connor. Plus, there aren't a lot of missions per sequence since ACIII anyways. They should start putting more missions and less annoying constraints.

DarktheMagister
12-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Yeah ACIII did kind of have a long start...partly due to the fact that the Haytham section of the game felt kind of like a prologue DLC. The Connor section needed more weight... I still think they should've had more battles and more war assassinations going on.