PDA

View Full Version : Work around to Freedom Cry DLC issue

PhazeDelta1
12-19-2013, 03:46 PM
This applies to season pass holders from Steam and Uplay users. Read below:

I got tired of waiting for the game to update through Steam. So I had a friend who has the Uplay version upload her Freedom Cry content to her Mega account so I could download it. After acquiring all the files, all I had to do was drop them into the main Assassins Creed folder and restart the game. The DLC is now located in the same box on the main screen as the Aveline DLC and is now playable.

BusterEatsBread
12-19-2013, 05:13 PM
I'll try this with the Uplay version as soon as my slow connection finishes the download.

Shahinsateei
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?
... shall you have checked most of the threads, you should notice that ... those of us who are owners of the Season's Pass ... CANNOT access the "Freedom Cry" DLC because it NEVER downloaded ... our game version NEVER got updated.
... the Confirmation is NEGATIVE and NO.

Frag_Maniac
12-20-2013, 12:08 AM
You should have specified in the thread title that the workaround is for downloading it, because there are now just as many threads about problems with it crashing or saving. You also should have played all the way through it to verify whether or not you had any problems playing it with it installed this way.

netyjoon12
12-20-2013, 12:43 AM
I was purchased uplay digital deluxe version and season pass

but there is no updating about freedom cry or physx. nothing!!!

and also there is no updating about achievement freedom cry or blackbeard`s wrath.

I was verifying files,. and re-installed it 7 times!!!

ubisoft you must solved this!!!

netyjoon12
12-20-2013, 01:08 AM
I have a same problem!!

I also have uplay version.

ubisoft must fix this problem.