PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry problem

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Since we're not getting any responses on the PC forum, I feel obligated to post about this on the console forum, the only forum Ubi staff seem to care about.

Freedom Cry was supposed to be released worldwide on Dec 18th. On the day of release PC players were told the product had been delayed and weren't given an ETA.

Now, a few days later, according to the AC Twitter, Freedom Cry is supposed to be out for all platforms:

http://puu.sh/5Ryi3.png

However, it appears it's only available to players who bought the DLC separately, not to Season Pass owners or those with Digital Deluxe Edition. Funny, I thought the whole point of Season Pass was to give players early access to content.

Several threads in the PC forum have been made and any official word on the matter is yet to be received.

Basically Ubisoft is directly lying to their customers right now and refusing to answer inquiries about the product their customers already paid for.

I don't care about my DLC as much as I care about Ubisoft's continued poor treatment of its PC player base. There is no excuse for this after 6 years.

AngryRaisin
12-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Why don't you contact support?

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Why don't you contact support?

Because they are useless. Support is telling people to uninstall and reinstall the game when the issue is clearly on Ubi's side. We already know for a fact that Digital Deluxe editions and Steam versions are the ones mostly affected by this issue, yet Support doesn't seem to be aware of this and is handing out useless advice.

NeoMorph WTH
12-19-2013, 04:35 PM
I bought the season pass and got FC via it on my XB1. You SHOULD get the DLC if you bought the season pass. Who says you don't?

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I bought the season pass and got FC via it on my XB1. You SHOULD get the DLC if you bought the season pass. Who says you don't?

Ubisoft, apparently. Again, this is a PC issue. I have the Season Pass and haven't gotten my DLC.

Avantiic
12-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I got it on pc yesterday and i own the season pass.
For me, i was just starting the game launched the sp and then there should be a new update installing with this update AC4 FC come as well.

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
I got it on pc yesterday and i own the season pass.
For me, i was just starting the game launched the sp and then there should be a new update installing with this update AC4 FC come as well.

Are you on Steam and/or do you have the Digital Deluxe Edition? Because like I said, this problem mainly concerns those who own DDE.