PDA

View Full Version : New PhysX feature= ROFL

Boemundus
12-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, have you tried turning on PhysX after latest patch?

I can't see any visual difference but the FPS (Havana, all maxed out) dropped from solid 40-50 to 15-20.

That's a huuuuge ROFL :cool:

Damian....
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
It is a bad joke. Take a game that can barely maintain a stable framerate and add a layer pf PhysX that drains performance even further. Even on a 780ti w/ GTX 680 as a dedicated PhysX card I am seeing wild framerate fluctuations and incessant stuttering while playing. I can cap the FPS to 30, but that makes the game look like a slow motion blurry mess. This has to be one of the absolute worst implementations of PhysX I have ever seen. Worse even than the Borderlands 2 fiasco where the game was nearly unplayable with PhysX for over a year.

Voyager456
12-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Adding physics to alerady poorly performing game.. not a smart move when a 780ti cant keep a constant 60 fps then you know they messed up something

Damian....
12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
The worst part is, the game is actually using the dedicated PhysX card well, I see about 30-40% usage in heavy PhysX scenes. But the stuttering and juddering when a PhysX effect comes into play kills the effect and draws you out of the game. I can cap to 30 and run it without drops, but I simply cannot get drawn into a game at 30fps on PC anymore it's too blurry and feels like the game is running in slow motion.

MrLee95
12-19-2013, 02:43 PM
I just saw a video of these new PhysX on Kotaku........... wow....

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-ivs-fancy-new-smoke-will-probably-get-1486318233

Really Ubisoft? Is this what you are wasting your time on? Is this the so called "polish" that delays AC: Black Flag?

Ubisoft please remove your heads from your asses and wake up!

ReaperSaga
12-19-2013, 03:14 PM
^ I nearly died from laughing when I saw that video. They really made PhysX to a huge joke, especially when the game isn't even optimized for PC. What makes them think that this is such an useful feature, when even the high end's can't run the game smoothly? PhysX is just going to be glutton for fps eating.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 03:28 PM
It is a bad joke. Take a game that can barely maintain a stable framerate and add a layer pf PhysX that drains performance even further. Even on a 780ti w/ GTX 680 as a dedicated PhysX card I am seeing wild framerate fluctuations and incessant stuttering while playing. I can cap the FPS to 30, but that makes the game look like a slow motion blurry mess. This has to be one of the absolute worst implementations of PhysX I have ever seen. Worse even than the Borderlands 2 fiasco where the game was nearly unplayable with PhysX for over a year.

UMMM a dedicated Physx CARD... If you're saying you have a DEDICATED card for PHYSX, then that means you have a crossfire setup using an AMD card for the game and an Nvidia card for the PhysX aspect of it. If that's not what you're saying then ignore the following

So IF (and I stress IF) that's what you're saying, then
that's impossible because Nvidia has shut down the ability for people being able to do this over a few years ago. Nvidia wrote up a whole issue dealing with people using AMD (At the time was ATI/Radeon) and saying how they have created their driver installations to detect and disable that. Afterwards a bunch of people complained. No one knows exactly when they did this, however if you look at the last link the topic is in 2009, proving no one has been able to do this for at least 5 years.

Here are a few links of people talking about this issue:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1658712/ati-crossfire-nvidia-gpu-physx.html <----Site is very tech savvy when it comes to this stuff.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2009/09/28/mix-ati-and-nvidia-lose-physx/1

http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16223-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present.html

Sorry to rain on your parade but if you've been trying to do this with AC IV: you're highly mistaken, which explains why you're having so many issues with the game.

Damian....
12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Your post is so ignorant it doesn't warrant a reply, but whatever. Using two Nvidia cards you can dedicate the second one for PhysX which is what I did. Don't post unless you know what you are talking about please.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Your post is so ignorant it doesn't warrant a reply, but whatever. Using two Nvidia cards you can dedicate the second one for PhysX which is what I did. Don't post unless you know what you are talking about please.

UMM I gave solid sources that fully detail and explain the exact situation. They also further explain HOW multiple NVIDIA cards are pointless.

So take your own advice and don't respond with nonsense unless you read and comprehend what's written.

Damian....
12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
You are posting links from 2009 and links that deal with PhysX in an AMD system, are you aware what year it is and are you aware that I am using 2 Nvidia cards?

A dedicated PhysX card works very well for me in all 3 Batman games and frees up the main card to allow higher settings to be used. The bottom line is ACIV is a mess in the optimization department and Ubi/Nvidia adds another unoptimized layer to top it off. The engine has serious issues and the added effects should be properly optimized before throwing them into the game. Keep posting though, your ignorance to this subject is amusing me.

Voyager456
12-19-2013, 04:10 PM
You are posting links from 2009 and links that deal with PhysX in an AMD system, are you aware what year it is and are you aware that I am using 2 Nvidia cards?

A dedicated PhysX card works very well for me in all 3 Batman games and frees up the main card to allow higher settings to be used. The bottom line is ACIV is a mess in the optimization department and Ubi/Nvidia adds another unoptimized layer to top it off. The engine has serious issues and the added effects should be properly optimized before throwing them into the game. Keep posting though, your ignorance to this subject is amusing me.Dont pain attention to him he is either trolling or he realy things he is right:rolleyes:

x___Luffy___x
12-19-2013, 04:42 PM
without an nvidia update this is another useless feature.