PDA

View Full Version : Performance drop in past AC games?

Free_Hidings
12-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Has anyone noticed recently that previous games are performing differently? I have a feeling this may be to do with updating AMD drivers. Before I go on,

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 2GB @ 1.25Ghz
8GB 1600 RAM

I had been playing a lot of AC2 and ACB in the weeks leading up to AC4. AC2 was awesome performance wise, locked at 60fps on max settings. Smooth as silk. Brotherhood was also locked at 60fps according to fraps but had horrible juddering whenever moving the camera.

Now when playing AC2 I get between 30 and 60 FPS which I don't mind but the drops and alternations between are extremely painful to look at. On the other hand Brotherhood, while also having a drop (average 30-40fps) now no longer has the juddering when moving the camera.

The only thing that has changed from now and then that I can think of is the new drivers. Is anyone able to give more insight, or ways to fix this (Mostly AC2 fps issue) short of buying a new GPU?

strigoi1958
12-19-2013, 09:03 AM
It could be driver related. You could try previous drivers to confirm.
AMD like Nvidia has had more than their fair share of driver problems over the last year but both are starting to come more stable again. I have a similar set up to you (although I have an nvidia gtx670) and I don't OC the 3570k as it offers little increase game wise and any OC anywhere in the pc seems to amplify any nvidia driver problems maybe AMD drivers are heading that way. If you do try older drivers please come back and report the changes if any.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 11:43 AM
If you're running VSync try forcing triple buffering externally. I use Direct3DOverrider.