Can someone explain to me why my SP still isn't working
even after the update ...
My Uplay will run multiplayer no problems on medium - high settings

Ubisoft can you please explain this to me
or
Anybody that knows how to fix it!

Cheers Guys

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You have a Steam copy of this game don't you?

abn505
12-19-2013, 03:00 AM

I don't have a steam copy, I have had this issue since day one!!!!!!!!! Mine was free, for buying a 760GTX video card. I downloaded it from Ubisoft!!!!!!!!! I mostly get it around 15-20 minutes in the game. Tried everything Ubisoft recommended and nothing works.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 04:41 AM
I don't have a steam copy, I have had this issue since day one!!!!!!!!! Mine was free, for buying a 760GTX video card. I downloaded it from Ubisoft!!!!!!!!! I mostly get it around 15-20 minutes in the game. Tried everything Ubisoft recommended and nothing works.

Quit playing the game on settings your computer/GPU cannot handle then. The game runs perfectly fine when having certain settings off and others on. People always compares games to each other when it doesn't work like that.

If you want, add me on Skype and I'll verbally try and walk you through this.

my Skype contact information is:
<removed>

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Quit playing the game on settings your computer/GPU cannot handle then. The game runs perfectly fine when having certain settings off and others on. People always compares games to each other when it doesn't work like that.

If you want, add me on Skype and I'll verbally try and walk you through this.

my Skype contact information is:
matt.smith273

You are so full of crap. I run it at max settings with a 760 GTX.

Looks like your little Steam tirade is fruitless. Stop blaming Steam and start being accountable for yourself.

abn505, it's an issue with Triple Buffering, as it's not used in 4 for some reason. Post your other specs and let a real IT guy help you.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Quit trying to justify yourself.

The bottom line is Everyone complaining about this game HAS PURCHASED THE GAME THROUGH STEAM AND OR ARE RUNNING THE GAME ON SETTINGS THEIR COMPUTER CANNOT HANDLE...Google Search (Or whatever search engine you want to use) PROVES THIS.

So great you don't have issues, but you sure as hell have no idea what you're talking about and have just been sent here to do damage control by posting absolute nonsense. Search results back up what i say, you only have yourself..

So please give it up.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Except... this thread proves you wrong.

And no one sent me here, kiddo. I work in IT. I have a... fairly good idea how hardware and software works.

I've also reported you as well. I suggest you give up your lame ranting and take it to Steam's forums if you want to gripe and moan so much.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Except... this thread proves you wrong.

And no one sent me here, kiddo. I work in IT. I have a... fairly good idea how hardware and software works.

I've also reported you as well. I suggest you give up your lame ranting and take it to Steam's forums if you want to gripe and moan so much.
I love how people throw around a title like it means something.

I never once trashed Steam, I said what is causing the problems and explained how a Google search proved this (But for some reason you think the results aren't real). And you went all ape slandering me with to try and get people to not listen to anything.

Besides what I say about Steam is none of your business and has nothing to do with you, which brings the question to light why the hell are you so bothered by what I said about a problem so much that you started on this huge rant complaining you don't like what i said and how II was banned from Steam on TF2 for Aim Botting and saying Google search results are not real, and now you claim o report me.

You started replying to me, not the other way around. And All I did was respond to you're arrogant demeaning and slanderous replies towards me. Aim botting on TF2, and spreading lies about people is ok, but when someone responds to you it's not ok? Really!

All you've shown is that you're a child who throws a temper tantrum through other people's posts, and for what, because you disagree with what someone says...You do that then claim they're the ones causing problems and report them.

So...you reported me because you don't like what I posted, and posting counter points to what you said by providing facts that you claim aren't facts. But hey, whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2013, 05:29 AM
I love how people throw around a title like it means something.

I never once trashed Steam, I said what is causing the problems and explained how a Google search proved this (But for some reason you think the results aren't real). And you went all ape slandering me with to try and get people to not listen to anything.

What I say about Steam is none of your business and has nothing to do with you, so why you're bothered by what i said so much is childish. You started replying to me, not the other way around. And All I did was respond to you're arrogant demeaning and slanderous replies towards me. Aim botting on TF2, and spreading lies about people is ok, but when someone responds to you it's not ok? Really!

All you've shown is that you're a child who throws a temper tantrum through other people's posts, and for what, because you disagree with what someone says...You do that then claim they're the ones causing problems and report them.

So...you reported me because you don't like what I posted, and posting counter points to what you said by providing facts that you claim aren't facts. But hey, whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night.

You've already had one thread deleted where you totally bashed Steam, and the people here. That lovely video?

No no, keep that sort of behavior up, you're doing well here!

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:29 AM
I think his Steam tirade is actually getting worse than fruitless. It's a bit fruity at this point, or should I say fruitcake with nuts? LOL

Once again, Mnemonic has nailed it, he's no dummy people. Many sites including ones intended to help with optimal settings for AC IV have said the very same thing. The problem performance wise with AC IV PC is it's VSync, and even externally forced VSync, results in a 30 FPS cap when your frame rate dips below 60, causing lag and stutter. This as Mnemonic has correctly stated is due to a lack of triple buffering. Once triple buffering is external forced via an app like Direct3DOverrider, CCC, RadeonPro, NCP, etc, the problem goes away. You'll literally go from bouncing back and forth from 30 to 60 FPS, to averaging 40 to 60 if you have a card capable of decent settings.

Get over yourself Questions, you don't even get how laughable and pathetic you sound. You implied Mnemonic's claim of your being banned from Steam for aimbotting was a lie, but honestly, you've done nothing to make yourself look credible. You attack every single tech complaint thread with ludicrous, baseless accusations toward Valve, you admit to pirating of games, you flame Steam users with childish insults, the latter two of which are definitely against forum policy. It's obvious to me Mnemonic is right about you, and you're lucky you haven't been banned here already. Keep it up and you WILL be.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 05:35 AM
You've already had one thread deleted where you totally bashed Steam, and the people here. That lovely video?

That topic didn't contain a Steam bash as you claim and Deflection tactics and lying about the content of a deleted topic is typical temper tantrum behavior it's a last resort method by a desperate child. It's gone so you have no proof of it's content so it's irrelevant.

If you don't like what I post too bad, if you're that bothered by it than that's you're own problem. The only thing you've done is harass me so why don't you just get lost. I'll make this really simple, If you don't like me or what I post, then don't respond. Continue slandering me because you DISLIKE what I say will only get you reported. If you respond then you have no business complaining about what is said to you.

So I suggest if you see my name to not make a reply.

That is all.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:37 AM

I'm sure staff here are a hare's breath away from using the ban hammer on him. This kind of thing is never constructive or positive for a forum, and the troll just won't let up. It's easy to see he has a bug up his butt over a ban from Steam like you said, and it's obvious he deserved it.

abn505
12-19-2013, 01:34 PM
You are so full of crap. I run it at max settings with a 760 GTX.

Looks like your little Steam tirade is fruitless. Stop blaming Steam and start being accountable for yourself.

abn505, it's an issue with Triple Buffering, as it's not used in 4 for some reason. Post your other specs and let a real IT guy help you.

Mnemonic: Specs are below. Game plays fine for 15-20 minutes then crashes to desktop, sound continues. I have to then ALT-CTL-Delete to end program that responds always with AC4BFSP.EXE stopped working. I can then play again with the same repeated issue. I have tried playing with NVIDIA optimized settings and without, but both ways it always happens. Thanks

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3h motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
Gigabyte 760GTX-OC-4GB
Corsair RM850 PSU
WD 500GB Black SATA3
Windows 7 64 bit

BritishNWolf
12-25-2013, 11:08 PM

Sorry for late reply, been busy with work

i don't have a steam copy i have a disk copy of the game

if the game runs multiplayer it should run single player

Frag_Maniac
12-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Sorry for late reply, been busy with work

i don't have a steam copy i have a disk copy of the game

if the game runs multiplayer it should run single player

Maybe some more details to help us get it nailed. Never mind Questions, he always insists he's the one correcting people and not getting things wrong, then he'll jump into threads like this and ASSume Steam or inappropriate settings by the user are at fault, often resorting to childish name calling in the process.

Things we need to know:

1. System spec, (GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, OS)
2. Are you getting any error messages or crashes?
3. What resolution and in game settings are you using?
4. Is DirectX, Visual Studio, and NET Framework updated?
5. Are your drivers up to date, including MB chipset and BIOS?
6. Is the game updated to the latest version and is the system defragged?
7. Have you tried disabling the UPlay overlay or putting Steam in offline mode?
8. Have you tried disabling background programs one at a time to look for possible conflicts?
9. Are other games running OK, are there any problem with other programs, system files, rebooting, etc?

As for sp vs mp, how they compare performance wise depends on many factors, such as size of maps, number of players, complexity and/or efficiency of AI scripting, etc, etc. So to say one should play the same as the other is not always the case. For instance BF 3&4 mp is often harder to run than the sp due to the large maps, numerous players, and lots of action going on simultaneously. That said, the reverse can be true with sp, especially if there are any flaws in the coding or missing or corrupted files. The coding required for AI alone is a HUGE difference between sp and mp. Which leaves me to my last note, sometimes you need to back up your save files and trying a reinstall.

Sometimes when a game or games run OK for a while then deteriorate, it can be due to hardware overheating, an OC on hardware not being stable, or memory leaks. The former two can be checked to some degree by the end user, the latter is on the development side and requires patching. There's no evidence to support AC IV suffers from memory leak problems though. It's typically a case where everyone playing the game notices worse performance as the game session gets longer, sometimes ending with a crash, such as was the case with SC Blacklist. Thus you should check your temps to see if you're getting the GPU or CPU getting drastically hotter after playing a while. Also check voltages to see if they are stable and remain stable during long gaming sessions.