PDA

View Full Version : Trust is earned campaign keeps crashing, cannot progress

Onehandband1t
12-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I cannot get any further in the game as I keep crashing on said mission. As soon as the enemy ships appear and commence battle, bang. ACIVSP.exe has stoppped working.

I get this in event viewer Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 18/12/2013 23:09:08
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Maximus-IV-Extreme
Description:
Faulting application name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Faulting module name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00b2a117
Faulting process ID: 0xe14
Faulting application start time: 0x01cefc45eaa623c0
Faulting application path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Faulting module path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Report ID: 652260b2-6839-11e3-8299-bcaec567f333
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-18T23:09:08.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>11243</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Maximus-IV-Extreme</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>AC4BFSP.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>52ac782e</Data>
<Data>AC4BFSP.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>52ac782e</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00b2a117</Data>
<Data>e14</Data>
<Data>01cefc45eaa623c0</Data>
<Data>H:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe</Data>
<Data>H:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe</Data>
<Data>652260b2-6839-11e3-8299-bcaec567f333</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

FainTx
12-19-2013, 03:58 AM
I get the same. I don't necessarily need to engage any enemies, it crashes 10-60 secs after the level is loaded.

I'm running an i5 4670k, 760 gtx, 8gb ram on the highest settings with 60fps, but Ive tried the lowest settings which doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

jazzdevil22
12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
I got the same thing, It seems to be when you move towards land, I was able to complete the battle with the ship stationary, but it still crashed when I moved towards land.
running i7, GTX 780m, 16gb ram, latest drivers. I should have no problems running this game.

Mongus96
12-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Im ready to call it quits on this game and get it for something else. this is ridiculous, how long has this game been out and they still have no answer to this AC4BFSP.exe crash issue? Ubi should be embarrassed by their slow response time and for ignoring their costumers. luckily I received this game for free after purchasing a GPU or i would be infuriated right now. Because of this experience I will never buy a game from Uplay. Hands down the WORST EXPERIENCE of my gaming career. maybe the cracked pirated version works better

Onehandband1t
12-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Im ready to call it quits on this game and get it for something else. this is ridiculous, how long has this game been out and they still have no answer to this AC4BFSP.exe crash issue? Ubi should be embarrassed by their slow response time and for ignoring their costumers. luckily I received this game for free after purchasing a GPU or i would be infuriated right now. Because of this experience I will never buy a game from Uplay. Hands down the WORST EXPERIENCE of my gaming career. maybe the cracked pirated version works better

I'm on the same boat, its not just assassins creed I am worried about. Seems the norm these days for broken games. I bought shadow warrior on steam sale yesterday that crashes at the same place, Battlefield 4 still crashes for me on siege of shanghai. The list could go on, Seems a shame the PC community always gets ****s on

KnuckzNatural
12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Getting the same problem. Started this sequence and the second I approached the island it freezes then the .exe crashes. Tried to be cocky by sitting back and shooting ships and got to a somewhat checkpoint but now it refuses to go past the free running loading screen... Just crashes on that screen now! I refuse to hear a unprofessional "have you tried turning it off and on" solution like my save data is corrupted you need to start again bull.

Ubisoft fix this problem please.

Onehandband1t
12-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Getting the same problem. Started this sequence and the second I approached the island it freezes then the .exe crashes. Tried to be cocky by sitting back and shooting ships and got to a somewhat checkpoint but now it refuses to go past the free running loading screen... Just crashes on that screen now! I refuse to hear a unprofessional "have you tried turning it off and on" solution like my save data is corrupted you need to start again bull.

Ubisoft fix this problem please.

Hey buddy, I did the exact same thing. I had a backup save at the start of mission thankfully. Your save is not corrupt so don't worry. Hopefully a patch will fix it soon. In the meantime I have left the memory and am just exploring islands and finding collectables in the meantime

SuceurDeZguegue
12-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Same issue over there, did the same as you did Onehandband1t, now I'm ****ed with this loading screen crashing.
Ubisoft has the brilliant idea to make every Assassin's Creed with only what save.

trebizond79
12-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Plus one on that - I had it happen and had to restart. Played through again, this time making backups of my save games, and it's happened in exactly the same place again.

i5-3570K, GTX 760, 8GB RAM, W7 x64

SuceurDeZguegue
12-25-2013, 04:23 PM
I contacted the support 2 - 3 days ago, no answer, I really feel ignored.

KifferSP
12-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Having the same problem, managed to wipe out the five enemy ships then the game just froze. Every time i try to reload the game, the loading screen just freezes.... help ?

CPU : i5 3570k @4.2GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked
SSD: Samsung 250GB Evo Series
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX

Have played previous saves and they work fine, but in different saves, the game still freezes at this point. Have removed all overclocks on both the CPU and GPU but the game still freezes. I have also verified the files through UPlay and still nothing. Anything ?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AC4BFSP.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52ac782e
Fault Module Name: AC4BFSP.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52ac782e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003ba12
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

pprob340
12-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Yep. Just reiterating what everyone else has posted in the thread, game freezes whenever I approach the mainland on this very mission. Made a new game and reached the exact same point and it crashes as well.

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Yep. Just reiterating what everyone else has posted in the thread, game freezes whenever I approach the mainland on this very mission. Made a new game and reached the exact same point and it crashes as well.

I have already helped several people fix their issue through Skype. I sent you a PM

trebizond79
12-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Just out of interest, is this specific error only happening to Nvidia users? I've only seen 7xx series GPUs mentioned in people's responses.

I'd just like the irony if it turned out that freezing near Principe is 'the way it's meant to be played' :p

Cheechor
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Having the same problem, managed to wipe out the enemy ships then the game just crashes. same happens on my son's PC i'm using a HD 7950 he's using nvidia 760 so i don't think its to do with GPU's

Maximum-DG
12-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Same happens to me. This is just ridiculous. Tho sometimes when i reload the mission Jackdaw emerges from the sea in totally cool Flying Dutchman manner. But yet again game crashes and makes me sad.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd just like the irony if it turned out that freezing near Principe is 'the way it's meant to be played' :p

I seem to recall the cutscene that was supposed to trigger when first getting to Principe not playing, and I couldn't continue on the mission, but what I found I COULD do was fast travel out of there, then when I went back the cutscene kicked in OK and all was well.

Cheechor
12-26-2013, 01:39 PM
I seem to recall the cutscene that was supposed to trigger when first getting to Principe not playing, and I couldn't continue on the mission, but what I found I COULD do was fast travel out of there, then when I went back the cutscene kicked in OK and all was well.

To late for me its stuck in the loading screen now :(

Maximum-DG
12-26-2013, 01:40 PM

An may i ask how do you return to Free roam map? Because i don't remember having that cutscene either.

Edit: FML. Now it crashes on loading screen just before it saves.

an0002wa
12-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I have already helped several people fix their issue through Skype. I sent you a PM
what needs to be done?

an0002wa
12-26-2013, 03:40 PM

What needs to be done?

bizzyjnr
12-26-2013, 03:59 PM
im using an ati HD 7970. same problem. killed the boats and now my load screen crashes. When will ubisoft patch this, cause they better do it quick or they can forget me buying anything from them ever again. All customer services asked was if id verifed the game files. ffs, of course id tried it, having trolled and tried all the supposed fixes mentioned on the forums and nothing works. now they havent replied. effin useless

temalki
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
exact same problem i have a 780 ti but dont think its gpu related.

at first the game crashed as soon as i headed for the ships, but i could reload and try again, so i checked here read all the tips and decided to stay still at the start of the mission, that way i managed to sink the 5 ships. then as soon as i started heading to the destination point the game crashed again.

now it crashes at the loading screen.....so i cannot even load my save game anymore

this is ridiculous, im stuck at 69% and cannot progress any further. is there a way to rollback to a previous point in the game as i refuse to restart when i have an almost fully upgraded ship and all the uncharted chests and shards almost completed

sort this out ubisoft its unacceptable to release a game with such an obvious game breaking bug as this one, how the hell could this get past quality control tests

SantaWoman
12-26-2013, 09:38 PM
im using an ati HD 7970. same problem. killed the boats and now my load screen crashes. When will ubisoft patch this, cause they better do it quick or they can forget me buying anything from them ever again. All customer services asked was if id verifed the game files. Fastiv (http://fastiv.org.ua/)
ffs, of course id tried it, having trolled and tried all the supposed fixes mentioned on the forums and nothing works. now they havent replied. effin useless
I have the same graphics card, and no problems.
I downloaded the driver on the official site of ATI ...

Frag_Maniac
12-27-2013, 01:26 AM
I have the same graphics card, and no problems.
I downloaded the driver on the official site of ATI ...

Same here, currently using 13.12 WHQL, but the 13.11 b6 previously worked fine too.

Frag_Maniac
12-27-2013, 01:32 AM
An may i ask how do you return to Free roam map? Because i don't remember having that cutscene either.

Edit: FML. Now it crashes on loading screen just before it saves.

When I got to Principe, it didn't stick on the loading screen, it was more like a weird in-game pause with no boat/character control, but I COULD access the world map and fast travel. That's what solved it for me. So if you have any pause at all like that before it goes to loading screen, try that if you can, fast travel away, then back there.

trebizond79
12-27-2013, 02:14 AM
I can't see any fast travel option :( Just to cover all the bases, I should point out that I have;

- updated all drivers, including Nvidia (both WHQL and Beta), Realtek, Intel, even my monitor :p
- updated my mobo bios, and then tried both OC Genie settings and standard settings
- have no overclocks running
- ensured DirectX and .NET are fully updated
- reinstalled the game once
- have played the game through to failure approaching Principe again
- have verified the files 3 times, each successful
- tried playing with Uplay not running, running without overlay, running offline, and running standard
- tried launching the executable from Steam
- tried launching executablel directly
- tried every possible graphical combination, including everything at very low/off
- vsync on and off, triple buffering on/off
- with and without D3Doverrider

Basically, I'm thinking that we may be looking at a bug in the game, chaps :p

EDIT : Just tried one more time, for the sake of masochism, after completing a few more side quests. This time I started underwater, and then it froze. Presumably it downloaded the Silent Service DLC that I didn't realise existed.

temalki
12-27-2013, 01:02 PM
i know it has been the holidays but does anyway from ubisoft ever reply to these topics?

trebizond79
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Not that I know of - it seems the standard advice is 'turn it off and on again' type non-advice.

Just for the continued sake of masochism, I tried defeating the ships and then swimming to shore. Still freezes, exactly 583m from the green marker.

Talon2000uk
12-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Exactly the same issue here. Got a nice shiny GTX 770 A fresh system install and Black flag just re-installed after a system wipe. All graphics driver up to date and my system rocks any other game you throw at it.

Thankfully I've backed up my save game because this crash seems to corrupt it if you try to do this mission again after it first crashes. My advice to everyone is back up your save before even attempting this mission. Just mate a copy of the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames, if your save corrupts delete the folder and rename the copy back to the original folder name.

There doesn't seem to be any way around this bug at the moment. I'm guessing from the date of the original post it was introduced in the last patch. Hopefully Ubisoft will fix it soon. :(

Talon2000uk
12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Update: Its not 1.04it's the 20 mb physx patch that is causing he issue. Just make sure you don't down load that update after a re-install and you can play fine in offline mode. Thanks to barrygibb2 for confirming.

Ok I can now definitely confirm this bug was introduced in the last patch.

I just re-installed on a new hard drive, prior to the last update so I had a copy of the Ubisoft folder from before the update. I renamed the current folder and then copied the old version over with of cause the pre patch version of black flag in it. Started Uplay, let it patch the launcher but then went into off line mode and made sure Uplay stayed that way in the options so that when I played Black Flag it wouldn't patch to 1.04 and stayed at version 1.03.

Copied my current save game over to the Old Ubisoft folder and then ran the game. I could play through the mission past the place it crashes with the new version of the game.

I will play on until I'm out of the mission and then go back to the newer version and see if the game will play on from there. if not I will be playing in offline mode until they fix this issue.

So if anyone wants to finish the game prior to Ubisoft releasing a fix I suggest you do the following.

Make sure you make a copy of your save game first. Copy the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames.

1) Uninstall black flag.

2) Re-install it but don't let it patch past 1.03. I'm not sure if you can stop the patching process half way through so I would recommend not patching the game at all. To stop it doing this set Uplay into offline mode after you have installed Black Flag.

3) Set uplay to always start in off line mode.

4) Play Black Flag and it will not update in offline mode and you can continue the game.

The down side of this is that you wont get any of the uplay features like social quests and such. the good side is you can play the dam game.

One thing you could do is after the Africa mission you could make a copy of the Ubisoft folder and then go back into online mode and let the game update and then play in online mode. If the bug only affects the Africa mission you should be fine, but of course we dont know that yet.

If you get the bug later in the game you can always rename the current version of the Ubisoft folder and then rename the old version back to Ubisoft, copy the save game back to it and play offline again from there until your past the problem part again and then go back to the new version.

As long as you always have a 1.03 version of the game you can keep doing this. I sure hope Ubisoft fix this quickly. If anyone has any questions on this work around post them here and I will try to help.

Cheers

SuceurDeZguegue
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
The problem is when you've the digital version (23,44BG to download) with 350kb/s connection...

barrygibb2
12-27-2013, 06:07 PM

I just re-installed on a new hard drive, prior to the last update so I had a copy of the Ubisoft folder from before the update. I renamed the current folder and then copied the old version over with of cause the pre patch version of black flag in it. Started Uplay, let it patch the launcher but then went into off line mode and made sure Uplay stayed that way in the options so that when I played Black Flag it wouldn't patch to 1.04 and stayed at version 1.03.

Copied my current save game over to the Old Ubisoft folder and then ran the game. I could play through the mission past the place it crashes with the new version of the game.

I will play on until I'm out of the mission and then go back to the newer version and see if the game will play on from there. if not I will be playing in offline mode until they fix this issue.

So if anyone wants to finish the game prior to Ubisoft releasing a fix I suggest you do the following.

Make sure you make a copy of your save game first. Copy the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames.

1) Uninstall black flag.

2) Re-install it but don't let it patch past 1.03. I'm not sure if you can stop the patching process half way through so I would recommend not patching the game at all. To stop it doing this set Uplay into offline mode after you have installed Black Flag.

4) Play Black Flag and it will not update in offline mode and you can continue the game.

The down side of this is that you wont get any of the uplay features like social quests and such. the good side is you can play the dam game.

One thing you could do is after the Africa mission you could make a copy of the Ubisoft folder and then go back into online mode and let the game update and then play in online mode. If the bug only affects the Africa mission you should be fine, but of course we dont know that yet.

If you get the bug later in the game you can always rename the current version of the Ubisoft folder and then rename the old version back to Ubisoft, copy the save game back to it and play offline again from there until your past the problem part again and then go back to the new version.

As long as you always have a 1.03 version of the game you can keep doing this. I sure hope Ubisoft fix this quickly. If anyone has any questions on this work around post them here and I will try to help.

Cheers

THANK YOU A 10000 TIMES OVER!

At last I can play this bloody mission.

I just uninstalled and deleted every folder. Backed up savegame file and re installed. I have got 1.04 but never let it download the physx patch and I can play as normal now.
I am keeping uplay offline now just incase but it may be ok now it's past the problem area. It's not the 1.04 it's the 20 mb physx patch that is doing it.

Talon2000uk
12-27-2013, 07:16 PM
No problem mate. Glad there is a work around, even if it does mean downloadng the whole dam game again. I would be interested in seeing if this has broken the game for everyone, or if its just certain save games that are affected. Has anyone managed to do the Africa mission since the physx patch?

barrygibb2
12-27-2013, 07:43 PM
No problem mate. Glad there is a work around, even if it does mean downloadng the whole dam game again. I would be interested in seeing if this has broken the game for everyone, or if its just certain save games that are affected. Has anyone managed to do the Africa mission since the physx patch?
Well, I know people who have the patch and have not had the issue so it's a really strange one.

I tried absolutely everything in the book before I saw your post and nothing worked, this included other pc's. I spend a bit of time over at the guru3d forums and no one there has reported the problem.

Talon2000uk
12-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Very odd. It must just be affecting certain save games or hardware combinations.

temalki
12-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Update: Its not 1.04it's the 20 mb physx patch that is causing he issue. Just make sure you don't down load that update after a re-install and you can play fine in offline mode. Thanks to barrygibb2 for confirming
Cheers
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress?p=9457929&viewfull=1#post9457929

i can also CONFIRM talon is correct and my game is now working again (link above)
your post gave me hope so i thought i would give it another try ( this was the 2nd time i would try unistall/reinstall)

the only thing i did different was after the game installed and was attempting to install the additional componenets ( all the physics.directx, etc stuff you mention ) i switched to offline mode;
the game still updated to 1.04 and i was able to continue and complete the mission

i played the next few missions offline, made backups, exited and tried the game in online mode. at this point the additional installer ran again and completed. i loaded the game and its working fine so hopefully the bug is only related to that specific mission

thanks talon you have made me very happy, merry christmas :)

trebizond79
12-27-2013, 10:29 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, I've made a new thread about this but I wanted to spread it around as much as possible. I've fixed it, it seems;

I didn't really want to reinstall the whole game, so I tried the following (Nvidia only, I think)

- Go into your Nvidia control panel
- Select Configure Surround, PhysX
- Change the drop down for 'Processor' from Auto to CPU

Go back to the game, and if it's like mine you'll have lost PhysX options in the graphics menu, but more importantly you can now approach land and continue the game.

I've not had chance to test this on any other machine, but I sincerely hope it's not just mine

FainTx
12-28-2013, 01:00 AM
At the risk of repeating myself, I've made a new thread about this but I wanted to spread it around as much as possible. I've fixed it, it seems...
Sadly, this didn't work for me. Out of curiosity, what card do you have? I've got a 760 gtx.

I haven't got the time to re-download the game right now, so I'm open to any other ideas that will maybe act as a workaround.

trebizond79
12-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Well, that's a whole bundle of strange - I've got a 760 GTX too. My entire settings are;

GAME
1920x1080 60Hz
Very High
High
TXAA x2
Soft shadows (medium)
High
Off
HBAO+ (Low)
Low
On
On

and my control panel settings (331.93 Beta drivers)
AO - Performance
AF - App controlled
FXAA - On
AA - Gamma - On
AA - Mode - App controlled
AA - Trans - Multisample
CUDA - All
Max frames - Use 3D app setting
Single display performance mode
Prefer maximum performance
Anisotropic optimisation - off
Negative LOD - Allow
Texture - Quality
Triliner Opt - On
Threaded - Auto
Triple Buffering - On
Vertical Sync - use the app settings

The card is an MSI pre-OC, running at 1006 Core 6288 Mem, other than that standard i5 3570, 16GB, W7 x64, SSD main drive, game running Seagate Barracuda.

I'm not sure what else it is. I just bumbled around doing various side quests, and then had a go with PhysX set to CPU instead, and it worked. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you :s

llAniimal
12-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Exactly the same issue here. Got a nice shiny GTX 770 A fresh system install and Black flag just re-installed after a system wipe. All graphics driver up to date and my system rocks any other game you throw at it.

Thankfully I've backed up my save game because this crash seems to corrupt it if you try to do this mission again after it first crashes. My advice to everyone is back up your save before even attempting this mission. Just mate a copy of the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames, if your save corrupts delete the folder and rename the copy back to the original folder name.

There doesn't seem to be any way around this bug at the moment. I'm guessing from the date of the original post it was introduced in the last patch. Hopefully Ubisoft will fix it soon. :(

Thanks! You saved my save, just after I did this my old save started to crash on startup.

FainTx
12-28-2013, 02:32 AM
...got the same card as you (msi pre oc), running driver version 320.49
Really think the beta driver you've got would make the difference?

trebizond79
12-28-2013, 03:09 AM
got the same card as you (msi pre oc), running driver version 320.49
Really think the beta driver you've got would make the difference?

If it saves having to download 23GB again, I'd have a crack. It might be that it has different PhysX software included in 331.93. Hope it works out for you :)

an0002wa
12-28-2013, 06:45 AM
At the risk of repeating myself, I've made a new thread about this but I wanted to spread it around as much as possible. I've fixed it, it seems;

I didn't really want to reinstall the whole game, so I tried the following (Nvidia only, I think)

Go back to the game, and if it's like mine you'll have lost PhysX options in the graphics menu, but more importantly you can now approach land and continue the game.

I've not had chance to test this on any other machine, but I sincerely hope it's not just mine

sadly, it didnt work for me.

Talon2000uk
12-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Quick update. After completing the mission and all the activities in Principe, I've gone back to using the 1.04 with the PhysX patch and the game is now fine. Hopefully it will be ok now until the end of the game But I've kept the old version just in case. :D

an0002wa
12-28-2013, 03:18 PM
how are you guys installing without the updates? I'm guessing you guys bought the hard copy of the game, so how are those with digital copy going to go around this installation?

barrygibb2
12-28-2013, 04:52 PM
how are you guys installing without the updates? I'm guessing you guys bought the hard copy of the game, so how are those with digital copy going to go around this installation?

Hi

Just download game again. When downloaded put into offline mode. For somw reason it does not download the 20 mb patch.

SuceurDeZguegue
12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Can anyone share a save just before the missions ?
Currently, mine crashs during the loading (because I fought the ships far from the island and it enabled some sort of checkpoint too near from the island I believe).
Would be helpful, might help to define if my saves are corrupted, and so I can test with the PHYSX 'fix' because it didn't work with current save.

Thanks.

Lumirel
12-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Well, what about ATI users? I have already posted to one topic just about one of first mission where you chase the sage and there it just crashes, after a while I figured (after quiting memory) that the problem is connected to location and not to mission itself..

I have done little research while I got into this problem and its not actualy the mission, but location problem. I have quited memory, after being trapped in this crash-loop and I have discovered that if I go to that location without mission (catch the sage) it will crash aswell, I tried to go around from north and when I get close to forth on the west peak of town, it crashes aswell - everything quite close to location from screenshot (we all know where it crashes).

What have I also tried?

1) Reinstalling graphic drivers - latest ATI drivers and aswell latest beta drivers (just to be sure)
2) Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 (with update 4)
3) Reinstalling DirectX 11
4) Verify game at Uplay - twice
5) Setting graphics to lowest options
6) Running AC4 as administrator
7) Disable cloud saving
8) Restarting memory
9) Checking for Windows updates
10) Shutting down all other aps than those nessesary (even shutted down antivirus or DEP - Data Execute Protection)

My System:

Q6600 - 2,4 Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870

Other than that game runs fine, I did not have any other problem - no stuttering, no graphic glitches... but without being able to visit this part of town or do that mission, its kinda game-killer.

Lumirel
12-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Check out this topic: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress

This might help you:

Well, it worked for me. On the other thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress/page4) there was mention that it was the PhysX patch which was causing trouble. I didn't really want to reinstall the whole game, so I tried the following (Nvidia only, I think)

I've not had chance to test this on any other machine, but I sincerely hope it's not just mine :)

SHD2008
12-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I have tried some of these fixes and they don't work for me, I may have to try the uninstall and reinstall solution, shouldn't have to mess about like this UBISOFT should really respond.

jerfmaster
12-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Phys-x fix doesn't work for me either, game crashes just as I turn the corner on Catch the Sage, or if I climb to the roof, etc. I'm running an EVGA GTX 770. From what I've seen, it's all Nvidia folks complaining about this specific issue. Haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet, but if anyone finds an easier fix that would be great. Also tried killing phys-x from the game menu after turning it back on in Nvidia Config, and adjusting graphics settings just for giggles. Still crashes.

Update: I also tried updating to the beta 331.93 driver, but that didn't help.

SHD2008
12-28-2013, 10:40 PM
This is so annoying I can't be bothered uninstalling and reinstalling yet, I was enjoying this game as well.

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech forum is without response aswell...

Post here to add your problems: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810031-AC4BFSP-exe-has-stopped-working

chachmara
12-29-2013, 04:52 AM
i have some problem 3 days waiting for txt from suport !!!!!!!! is just joke !!! sombody have some idea how to fix dis problem ? or we must just wait for pack???

SaliFox
12-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Phys-x fix doesn't work for me either, game crashes just as I turn the corner on Catch the Sage

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 11:18 AM
i have some problem 3 days waiting for txt from suport !!!!!!!! is just joke !!! sombody have some idea how to fix dis problem ? or we must just wait for pack???

Some people are waiting for month right now.

Frag_Maniac
12-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Well I just got to this part again on my second play through now, and this time I had no problems at all. I don't know why, it's just different. I've yet to see the release notes for the latest patch, but I thought all it added was a PhysX fix, which of course doesn't apply to me with my AMD GPU.

Only thing I can suggest after playing through it again and being reminded of the sequence of events is you DO have a brief window between the time you come out of the cutscene when arriving at Principe and when the enemy ships appear, so those of you getting the crash when the ships appear, have you tried fast traveling like I suggested before that point, then going back?

If that doesn't fix it, I don't know, maybe the drivers need to be tweaked and/or another patch needs to be made. I'm on the new Cat 13.12 WHQL btw.

Good luck guys. Bummer that this has to happen on the holidays.

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Well, mission "Catch the Sage" or maybe its a part is situated in part of Havana that crashes even outside of memory (mission), so there is nothing really that I can do about it... Maybe in your mission it can be somehow avoided...

SaliFox
12-29-2013, 02:07 PM
same problem
Well, mission "Catch the Sage" or maybe its a part is situated in part of Havana that crashes even outside of memory (mission), so there is nothing really that I can do about it... Maybe in your mission it can be somehow avoided...

KifferSP
12-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Tried the PhysX fix but to no avail...I will echo previous sentiments...can someone please upload a save game file after this specific mission ? Would usually be annoyed at the lack of response from Ubisoft however I assume most will be on holiday at the moment. Appreciate the community efforts to try and find a fix for it though. :D

SHD2008
12-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Ok I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it by disc this time and on the Trust is Earned campaign the Island has loaded with no crash so far, I'm also playing in offline mode if that is relevant.

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Ok I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it by disc this time and on the Trust is Earned campaign the Island has loaded with no crash so far, I'm also playing in offline mode if that is relevant.

That is kinda magic, because for most of us it did not work at all.

Zeroko
12-29-2013, 06:27 PM
"The instruction at 0x00f2a117 referenced memory at 0x091b0000. The memory could not be read."

Getting the same error in exactly the same place as everyone else. Tried just about everything short of re-downloading 23GB. Tried physx fix, tried all the drivers, installed all windows update and vcredist stuff. tried verifying game files and windows files.

Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-6100
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3 (AM3R2)
Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
466GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device

Hope this gets a fix soon its frustrating as hell.

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I guess that you have the same problem as we have here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820415-Chase-the-Sage-AC4BFSP-EXE-stopped-working-crash-identification-thread?p=9461477#post9461477

I have already checked out that in that another quest (part - Catch the Sage) you just step in bad area.

I guess it is the same in your case. And I guess that latest patch modified something that causes both problems which looks then like "crash zone". Try going to your mission location without being on that mission. (quit memory and go there without taking a mission)

Iqs
12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Guys i have the exact same problem.

I have also redownloaded the game twice to no avail!!! and i really want to complete this game before i start university again because i wont have time.

i did exactly as to what was said on a previous post: after i downloaded the game, i set uplay to offline mode, and for uplay to also start in offline mode.

i then ran uplay, installed the game, but as soon as i load the game after like 10 secs into the loading screen it jusr crashes!! can anyone help me ??

Frag_Maniac
12-29-2013, 11:34 PM

Could be an indication as I've mentioned before, that the Uplay installer causes problems. My only Uplay installed game was Far Cry 3, and I had lots of problems with it.

bloodbathrich
12-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I got the exact same problem. Tried all methods given on this thread (much apreciated btw:) ). But alas no joy, but instead of having my ship ship crash on route to the island i now get the
error at the free run loading screen.

gutted ><

qwidgy
12-30-2013, 12:53 PM
does any one know if there is gonna be a patch for it soon ? casue im fed up of waiting for suport to get back to me. cant understand why they have not fixed this sooner

SHD2008
12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Played the game for sometime yesterday after uninstalling and reinstalling the game and completing the Trust is Earned campaign, after completing the island I switched back to online mode and reloaded the game, immediately I went to Kenway's fleet which I played for awhile, and experienced a crash. Reloading the game I played the game for a few hours with no other issues to report. I have also heard back from Ubisoft support, I will post on here what they have said.

SHD2008
12-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Ubisoft Support wrote:

In order to fully troubleshoot the problem that you are having please try the steps below:

1. Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed to your computer system. This includes your windows firewall as well as updating the firmware for your home router.

If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated program or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem.

2. You will need to configure your router or firewall to allow the following network ports for the best possible connection:

Uplay Launcher:
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.

3. Disabling your background applications:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter
Go to the tab, which says Start-up
Click the option to Disable All
Press Apply, then Close then pick the option to Restart

4. Clearing your temporary files:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in %TEMP% and press enter.
Go to Edit and Select All.
Go to File and Delete.

NOTE: If you are using Windows 7, to highlight the files you will need to press Ctrl + A together. Once the files are highlighted, you will need to press the Delete key.

5. Try deleting your HOSTS file by following this path in Windows Explorer: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete the hosts file and try the game again.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

6. Make sure the drivers for your video card, sound card, motherboard and processor are up to date

It's important that the components of your machine have the most up to date drivers. If they are not then you may experience a number of different issues. To update your video card and sound card drivers you would be best off going to the video card's and sound card's manufacturers website. For motherboard drivers and processor drivers, you would be best off going to the machine manufacturers website.

If you have a laptop, you need to visit the laptop manufacturers website to update all drivers.

7. Reboot you modem and/or router.

8. Uninstall and try Installing it again now. Make sure you have both the Uplay launcher and game on the C: Drive. If you still have problems, can you try creating a new admin account on your computer and installing it on there?

If after all the steps above you still have trouble, please send us an updated DXDiag and MS INFO after you have updated your drivers so that we can see this has been done.

To further assist you with your issue we require you to send us a DXDIAG report from your computer.

To do this:

- Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R".
- Type "dxdiag" and click OK.
- This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Click the Save All Information button at the bottom.
- Save the file to your Desktop with the name "dxdiag.txt".

Also in order to help you resolve your problem, we will need to take a closer look at the way your hardware and software are configured on your system. To do this, we will need a copy of your MSINFO.nfo file.

- Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R".
- Type MSINFO32
- For Windows 64Bit you will need to type MSINFO
- Click OK.

Once loaded click File > then EXPORT (not save) the file locally to your system, now please upload the files to us from our Support website.

If you are unable to attach a file because it is too big to attach, please compress the file into a .zip folder using a program such as Winzip

This didn't really help me much, and I have replied stating a lot of people are still having problems with this issue.

Zeroko
12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
SHD2008, i also thought i would give those steps a try. Didnt fix anything >_>

matt-4tay
12-30-2013, 04:13 PM
I am a bit further along with Support than you SHD2008, I've got to the point where support has said it's a known issue and they are working to resolve it as fast as possible.

Funny thing is though a friend of mine has bought the game on the Steam Christmas sale and i warned him of the crash in Trust is Earned. I was sat right next to him and watched him destroy the enemy boats and get on land with no problem. To rub more salt in the wound he has exactly the same setup rig as me as we both built them back in Uni.

Lumirel
12-30-2013, 04:22 PM
I am a bit further along with Support than you SHD2008, I've got to the point where support has said it's a known issue and they are working to resolve it as fast as possible.

Funny thing is though a friend of mine has bought the game on the Steam Christmas sale and i warned him of the crash in Trust is Earned. I was sat right next to him and watched him destroy the enemy boats and get on land with no problem. To rub more salt in the wound he has exactly the same setup rig as me as we both built them back in Uni.

Yeah, that is the problem - Steam version seems to actualy work but Uplay one doesn't. (Steam seems to have just black-screen bug as far as I know..)

Frag_Maniac
12-31-2013, 02:22 AM
Make sure you have both the Uplay launcher and game on the C: Drive.

OMG, are you kidding me Ubi! This is not the stone ages, we have people using small capacity SSDs for their OS, some like me even using partitions on them for the OS. Not only that, Uplay clearly has path options for both the launcher and the game install in the settings!

Furthermore, if you're going to FINALLY admit this is a problem on your end, do so on the public forum, or have forum staff do it. Trying to scrape it under the rug by limiting it to a few email responses only causes more discontent.

http://imageshack.com/a/img41/58/aqt3.jpg

FainTx
12-31-2013, 04:42 AM
Furthermore, if you're going to FINALLY admit this is a problem on your end, do so on the public forum, or have forum staff do it. Trying to scrape it under the rug by limiting it to a few email responses only causes more discontent.]
That's the biggest issue I have with things like this. Obviously all software will have bugs etc, but ignoring your customers is not a good way of dealing with it.

A simple "We are looking into the matter" would have sufficed.

MademanMK
12-31-2013, 10:37 AM
I've just logged in to say I've got the same problem. None of the solutions provided seem to be working (I am grateful for them though). What I'm worried about is that it's been two weeks since this thread started and there's no reply from Ubisoft at all, it unfortunately does look like they don't care.

I got the game for free when I got my GPU so I'm not THAT concerned, but I imagine that people who actually paid for this game must be infuriated.

Zeroko
12-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Just logged in to let everyone know, i have fully RE-DOWNLOADED the whole game and verified the files twice via uplay. It has made no difference, still crashes on the loading screen.

Also i have lost my achievements >_>

Zoanostra
12-31-2013, 02:00 PM
I fear those of us with the crash on loading are out of luck.

As for the Ubi support that we deal with I'm guessing it's an outsourced 3rd party as it's clear they are just cutting and pasting basic troubleshooting rubbish without really making any attempt to understand the actual issue. The last advice I've had is back up my save folder for AC4 then delete the save folder, disable cloud synch, start all over again and then synch my save folder to a 3rd party cloud as this will mean I have access to earlier saves if anything goes wrong.

There's no rationale given as to why I should back up the 'broken' saved games.

I suspect I'll see no reply to my questions as to the validity of this advice or why this isn't being referred to somebody who can actually look into it properly, surely I should be asked to send them my save to see if it's an actual save corruption or game issue?

pprob340
12-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately the reinstall without patching did not work for me for some reason, perhaps I did it wrong. Oh well, guess a lot of people have to wait for a patch to be released.

BadAss_Gary
12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
I have been playing games cence pong and the games coming out lately seem to be in beta form and you hope it gets fixed and many don't. This is just another broken game pushed on the market before proper testing. The game is a mess! I hope they fix this But I wont hold my breath. I also feel they tend to take advantage of gamers over the last few years because most of them Are young. Will they should be careful as we are getting older and can bring change and are becoming a force to deal with as I am now 55 years of age as many old gamer's are getting to be. I dont think we will stand for this kind of marketing much longer. Fix this piece of ^&*((*). I have a very fast computer with all the latest drivers and more than enough graphics power to run this game. I have updated the graphics drivers twice in just the last couple of days as Nvidia has attempted to correct the issues but to no avail. This will be the last game from Ubisoft I will buy and I hope they hack you from now on as you have ripped us of several times. Farcry 1 and 2 also had many problems and they never got the multiplay to working well. Thanks Ubisoft!

Iqs
01-02-2014, 04:39 AM
this is unacceptable, ubisoft need to patch this asap.

rifle.tiger
01-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Just adding my name to the list, would like a fix ASAP

OmegaSyn
01-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah, also now having this problem having entered the Trust is Earned mission, have submitted ticket also but no response as of yet (hopefully they are too busy developing a patch to respond to all of this but some form of communication would be nice)

Faulting application name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Faulting module name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ac782e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00b2a117
Faulting process id: 0x654
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf072a41447bdc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Report Id: 73ac3931-731e-11e3-91e3-94de807da69d

System spec is:

Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1 - 64Bit
Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.2ghz
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance PC3-10600 RAM
1TB Seagate SATA HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 - 1GB - R331 / GeForce 331.93 Driver

IrishAsasin
01-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I am also having this problem. Load into Principe, after around 10 seconds when I see the 5 ships, my game crashes. Tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail. Will try redownloading again without installing the patches to see if it works. Really hope Ubisoft gets this issue fixed soon, as it is affecting quite a large number of us.

Also, in case this helps: I am using an AMD FX-8320 CPU and a nVIDIA GTX 770.

frostedstorm
01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
The same problem here. Seems this is a common issue and needs patching.

The game was crashing soon after entering the mission, I tried a few alternate routes and got further but just crashed at a different point closer to the large mountain that seems to also have a texture issue. Now the game crashes when I attempt to load my save. I seriously hope I won't have to start the game again and this is fixed soon, because I will probably just move on.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Intel Core i5-2500K @4.8GHz
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz
2 x MSI Nvidia GTX 780 Driver:331.93 Driver
Installed on a secondary 3TB Seagate Barracuda

noisecheck
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
There are multiple threads about this issue now, and still no response...

How does a progression blocking crash with a 100% reproduction rate in the MAIN STORY get past your QA team?

Do you not have testers doing playthroughs on every patch before you allow it to go live?

Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1 - 64Bit
Intel Core i7-2600K
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Kieranfretwell
01-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Had the same problem for about a week now.. Was really enjoying the story :(
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
i5 3470
Nvidia GTX 780 TI

lukelol
01-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Same issue, maybe it will get patched some time this year but I dont think ubisoft care..
Windows 8.1 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4
Gigabyte Gtx 760

Iqs
01-03-2014, 02:00 AM
It would be nice if Ubisoft would make a comment so atleast we can be assured that there is a fix coming and with a estimate date.

System spec is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Phenom x6 1090t @ 3.7Ghz
8GB DDR3 G Skilll 4x2-12800 RAM
2x 1TB Samsung F1 spinpoints in raid 0, With a Agility 2 OCZ SSD 60GB as OS Drive.
2x AMD RADEON 6970 in crossfire with latest drives from AMD

scottymcandrew
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Started out by crashing a little bit into the mission. Re-loaded and tried about 10 times, always the same. I followed some of the advice on here - re-installing the game and copying save files across, but now my issue is worse. When loading the mission the game crashes before I can even get into game play. So there's a good 40 hours of play wasted.

I can't seem to get an un-patched version of the game since it's a direct download from UPlay. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to get the workaround in place for my setup or can you only do this if you have the DVD version? I downloaded the game, killed my internet connection before installing, restarted UPlay in offline mode, still doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for repairing my save games now too?

System spec is:
Windows 8.1 x64
MSI Z87-GD65
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz
Radeon 7970 (Latest drivers)
16GB Crucial Ballistix RAM

CaffeLungo
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
My game is also having trouble with Principe. Like others, I tried taking out the ships further out (by luring them away) but it froze when I tried to approach the island. Now it freezes at the loading screen, which I assume is because the game is now trying to start within the problematic area. It's such a shame, as I was loving the game before this happened.

I've spent so much of the holiday exploring the map and collecting a lot of the optional stuff, that I can't imagine starting from the beginning. I tried installing the game again last night (as well as setting PhysX to CPU in the Nvidia Control Panel), setting UPlay to offline mode to avoid the updates, but unfortunately to no avail. It's ridiculous that this has been an issue for as long as it has. The game is obviously poorly optimised, but I could deal with that so long as I could bloody play.

Since people are posting their specs:

ACVI: Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (UPlay)
Windows 7 64-bit
i5-2500K 3.30 GHz
16 GB RAM
MSI GTX 560Ti

Mr_Shade
01-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Please make sure you are ALL contacting support - please do not assume that Ubisoft is always aware of an issue - or- since someone else has contacted them you do not need to: it's better to report it directly, than not.

The more reports the support team get - the more information they can give to the dev team to investigate.

www.support.ubi.com

The team are aware of this, however this does not mean you should not report it directly to support - with as much information about your setup as possible - since as I say, the more information support get the better!

Just a reminder, the forums are not a replacement for contacting support.

qwidgy
01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I been waiting since the 30 th of december for a reply even the automated email back come on the 3rd of january. I presonaly feel let down by ubisoft as they are quick enough to get your cash but can not be bothered to even sent a simple message back saying sorry we are fixing it i know its been new years but come on its been going on for over a month now and they just dont want to know at least when i was playing WOW or LOL or even dungeon keeper the company would say sorry and credit you with something e.g WOW gave me a free month when there servers went down and we couldnt log on for a few days

betterdrinkmy
01-03-2014, 04:43 PM
I been waiting since the 30 th of december for a reply even the automated email back come on the 3rd of january. I presonaly feel let down by ubisoft as they are quick enough to get your cash but can not be bothered to even sent a simple message back saying sorry we are fixing it i know its been new years but come on its been going on for over a month now and they just dont want to know at least when i was playing WOW or LOL or even dungeon keeper the company would say sorry and credit you with something e.g WOW gave me a free month when there servers went down and we couldnt log on for a few days

now it's 'buy this new DLC meanwhile we break the game the DLC is for, p.s. thanks for the cash, sucka'

Zeroko
01-03-2014, 06:57 PM

i just sent a ticket yesterday, got a response today and sent them my dxdiag and stuff, waiting for results now

OmegaSyn
01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Also submitted a ticket and got an initial reply of "To further assist you with your issue we require you to send us a DXDIAG report from your computer. To do this: - Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R". - Type "dxdiag" and click OK. - This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. - Click the Save All Information button at the bottom. - Save the file to your Desktop with the name "dxdiag.txt". Also in order to help you resolve your problem, we will need to take a closer look at the way your hardware and software are configured on your system. To do this, we will need a copy of your MSINFO.nfo file. - Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press "R". - Type MSINFO32 - For Windows 64Bit you will need to type MSINFO - Click OK. Once loaded click File > then EXPORT (not save) the file locally to your system, now please upload the files to us from our Support website. If you are unable to attach a file because it is too big to attach, please compress the file into a .zip folder using a program such as Winzip which is free."

I suggest all who are making a ticket just do the DXdiag and MSinfo at the same time to speed things up a bit

Zeroko
01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
i cant see the files i attached. how do i know if it was uploaded to them?

OmegaSyn
01-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Zeroko, I couldnt see the files I attached either, im assuming as I posted the reply with the .txt file in the Upload section it has attached. I noticed however I could only attach 1 file so i basically wrote 1 reply saying "Please find attached the requested DXDiag.txt" with the dxdiag.txt in the "upload" box and another reply with "and the msinfo.txt" with the file, again, in the upload section. I keep you all posted with the response from the Ubi Technical Team, but make sure you are all submitting your own tickets like Mr_Shade said. The more the goes through the more notice is given to this bug and Technical should be able to then focus more on bug fixing

Zeroko
01-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Zeroko, I couldnt see the files I attached either, im assuming as I posted the reply with the .txt file in the Upload section it has attached. I noticed however I could only attach 1 file so i basically wrote 1 reply saying "Please find attached the requested DXDiag.txt" with the dxdiag.txt in the "upload" box and another reply with "and the msinfo.txt" with the file, again, in the upload section. I keep you all posted with the response from the Ubi Technical Team, but make sure you are all submitting your own tickets like Mr_Shade said. The more the goes through the more notice is given to this bug and Technical should be able to then focus more on bug fixing

Yeh thats basically what i did, i also gave them some dropbox links just in case :P

Gawainxl
01-04-2014, 06:18 AM
I tried with CTRL+ALT+DELETE to taskmanager, cancel uplay and ubisoft game launcher, but the game will not get saved then (however it's still says "Saving" in the bottom right corner)
I haven't tried re-enabling it after doing the mission, will see how that turns out.

MademanMK
01-04-2014, 11:52 AM
I tried with CTRL+ALT+DELETE to taskmanager, cancel uplay and ubisoft game launcher, but the game will not get saved then (however it's still says "Saving" in the bottom right corner)
I haven't tried re-enabling it after doing the mission, will see how that turns out.

It doesn't work for me unfortunately. Funny how it's been two weeks since this thread started and there's no solution, once again good job Ubisoft. I'm not hating, but seriously, every time they release a game for PC something's always wrong, like they don't care for PC at all. Damn I can recall Blacklist, people (including me) have lost their save files after an update.

As someone has stated in this thread, it's dreadful to see in what direction the industry is heading, I mean the amount of bugged, unplayable games released in 2013 is too damn high.

coffeehair
01-04-2014, 12:16 PM
I've submitted a ticket for this now too. Just incase anyone is stuck right before the game crashes, you can select "quit" and "exit memory" from the start menu. At least you'll be able to go off and do side quests while we wait :\

matt-4tay
01-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Now support are just sending me round in a circle, i'm being told to install a driver for my gfx that i already have installed.

MrStabby6
01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Now support are just sending me round in a circle, i'm being told to install a driver for my gfx that i already have installed.

Same, this is getting really pathetic now that a global company can't find the time to acknowledge the issue and say they're fixing it. The bug obviously game with the last update that added physx effects, not hard to figure that one out Ubisoft, hire me for your support team! Glad I got this for free with my graphics card as if I'd paid any money for this **** that I can't play I'd be flipping out.

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm still having this problem, annoyed by Ubisoft. At least I got the game free.

Kazlok
01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
If I had paid full price I would of been fuming, Can't believe this got through Q&A lol

TheMcWard
01-04-2014, 05:21 PM
same issue here, i hope this gets fixed soon. stuck in the frikkin loading screen :/

OmegaSyn
01-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I just tried attempting a few things. It defiantly appears that its an issue as you enter close to the docking point / mountain area. I saw the 5 ships, did a 180degree turn and headed for the edge of map where it says Area Not Available. Lured them out, and sank em, no problems. Headed into the area to dock. and Crash. Tried to reload but now its trying to reload close to this point since all ships are destroyed and obviously cant do it so no just freezes on the loading screen.

Rely not happy that I spent over £50 for this and the DLCs and packs and for this to occur to so many people. I hope Ubisoft issue an apology to everyone and some sort of compensation, very poor QA team they have it seems. No response yet from the Technical after submitting my Dxdiag and MSinfo files but I guess they wanna try and pin the fault on us instead of admitting they did a Royal **** Up.

Loving the lack of Ubisoft Comments from staff on this forum strand that is clearly generating a lot of views / comments. -.-

Maximum-DG
01-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Will this thread make to 200 posts until the crash gets fixed? Come on people we can do it!

AlphaHardware
01-04-2014, 06:23 PM
OK I have sort of a FIX, after getting to 45%ish my game crashed with the 5 ships etc.., what I did to fix this is download another copy of the game (in my case from the torrents as I already own the game I figured it should not matter) then copy all of the .forge files from the downloaded copy into the c:\program files\ubisoft\ubisoft game lanucher\games\assassin's creed IV black flag\ folder, this will overwrite the original game files but will not have the pysx update. I done this 8hrs ago now and no crashes upto now.. **DISCLAIMER** use this information at your own risk, I am merly telling you how I go mine working. COME ON UBI SOFT THIS IS BS HOW LONG YOU ARE TAKING TO FIX THIS SIMPLE PROBLEM!!!

TheHogGamer
01-04-2014, 06:30 PM
same issue here, i hope this gets fixed soon. stuck in the frikkin loading screen :/
Same here! I can't get through the Animus loading thing. I was able to earlier get into the game but it seems to have just given up entirely now!

gkbrk
01-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. I lack the skills to try the quick fixes suggested here and I doubt Ubisoft has the right to ask me to have any kind of skills to fix their mistakes. Still I'll have to wait for a patch. I also have noticed that the problem was first mentioned in december and I am really mad and frustrated with the lack of interest from the Ubisoft company, especially since I have paid 40 pounds to the game. Please let me know if someone knows if I should write any kind of message to another bug report/tech support forum.

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. I lack the skills to try the quick fixes suggested here and I doubt Ubisoft has the right to ask me to have any kind of skills to fix their mistakes. Still I'll have to wait for a patch. I also have noticed that the problem was first mentioned in december and I am really mad and frustrated with the lack of interest from the Ubisoft company, especially since I have paid 40 pounds to the game. Please let me know if someone knows if I should write any kind of message to another bug report/tech support forum.
I'm the exact same, I'm not the smartest when it comes to switching files, I've henceforth sent TWO messages to Ubisoft support, but they have still not replied. I really hope we get compensation for paying money for a broken game. Disgraceful.

TheHogGamer
01-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm the exact same, I'm not the smartest when it comes to switching files, I've henceforth sent TWO messages to Ubisoft support, but they have still not replied. I really hope we get compensation for paying money for a broken game. Disgraceful.
You're right. It is disgraceful! I don't get some (Not all) game companies these days. They make a good game for people to pay a decent sum of money for and then when a game breaking bug appears they don't seem to get on and fix it. I'm sure they have employees on these forums a lot of the time and they don't respond to Twitter either! It's like they are just ignoring us or just saying "Meh we don't care, the games done. Money has already been taken, that's enough for us".

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
The problem is when you've the digital version (23,44BG to download) with 350kb/s connection...
I'm the exact same. This won't work for me. Bollocks.

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
So. I have now sent 4 messages to Ubisoft. And guess what. No reply, I'm tempted to do it the American way and sue them...

MademanMK
01-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm the exact same. This won't work for me. Bollocks.

I can tell you it doesn't necessarily solve the problem (though it did for lucky few), I redownloaded the game without patching and the problem persists.
BTW funny how people who pirated this game have no problems.

TheBuzwell
01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
BTW funny how people who pirated this game have no problems.
Well, it is a game about pirates, isn't it?

SepsiAss
01-04-2014, 10:35 PM
I just got to the same mission and does the same for me as well, when to fight with the 5 ships it crashes every time... Did any1 found already a solution to fix this, or even got an answer yet from Ubisoft about how long to fix this issue? the thing is I cant even go back and at least rob some ships until the mission thingie gets fixed. This things happen only to honest ppl like us who have paid and supported ubisoft.
We at least deserve an explanation from the game support team, at least with eta about fixing this.

linkassassin360
01-04-2014, 10:45 PM
OK I have sort of a FIX, after getting to 45%ish my game crashed with the 5 ships etc.., what I did to fix this is download another copy of the game (in my case from the torrents as I already own the game I figured it should not matter) then copy all of the .forge files from the downloaded copy into the c:\program files\ubisoft\ubisoft game lanucher\games\assassin's creed IV black flag\ folder, this will overwrite the original game files but will not have the pysx update. I done this 8hrs ago now and no crashes upto now.. **DISCLAIMER** use this information at your own risk, I am merly telling you how I go mine working. COME ON UBI SOFT THIS IS BS HOW LONG YOU ARE TAKING TO FIX THIS SIMPLE PROBLEM!!!

If this is a proven solution to the problem then the solution for ubi should be clear: Allow us to unpatch the game with the Uplay Client. Its an EASY solution that would let us all play while they sort the patch issues out.

Maximum-DG
01-04-2014, 10:52 PM
I miss my ship :(

Talon2000uk
01-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I will just repost this here as some may have missed the work around I posted earlier in the thread.

Also a word of warning. Do not go back to online mode after you come back from Africa as you have to go back there later in the story and if you go back online and Uplay installs the physx patch the game will crash again.

If you really want to play online, to get social achievements done, I suggest making a copy of the Ubisoft folder prior to updating so you can revert back to it later.

Also this is only a work around for the Principe bug, this will not fix the black screen crashes in other areas of the game.

Update: Its not 1.04it's the 20 mb physx patch that is causing he issue. Just make sure you don't down load that update after a re-install and you can play fine in offline mode. Thanks to barrygibb2 for confirming.

1) Uninstall black flag.

Cheers

Iqs
01-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Talon, that doesn't work for those who have a digital download to this game, it comes downloaded with the latest patch, there's no way to prevent the new patch. :s

The_Jelly101
01-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey guys another crash in trust is earned. Really pissed off as iv put close on 50 hours and have collected everything I can thus far. I'm crashing upon loading and fear my saved game is now corrupt as other users have mentioned here.
Iv also tried everything on the hope it will resolve the issue but this seems like bad coding on ubisofts part. Need a fix asap!!

laylowww
01-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Logged in just to add my post.

First of all, thanks to all of you that spend time trying to fix this issue for all us.
The easy solutions do not work for me. Although I have reasonable knowledge of pcs I do not have the appetite downloading 23gbs or spending time fixing what should have been a given for all of us.

In what universe does this (or any) company think that it's ok to deliver a product that is unplayable? We are not talking about the third sidequest on the left - it is the main damn story that we cannot play through. I cannot comprehend how something like this can slip by from a studio that has built 5 identical games with tweaks in the engine.

It does not matter if it was bought or bundled with a gpu.

Factually, there was enough development time for a series of dlcs but not for the main product.

I will be steering clear of future purchases from developers like ubisoft.

qwidgy
01-05-2014, 10:35 AM
e know of a download available that is before 1.4 that the digital fownload people can download and drop there saves in to so they can carry on till there is a patch ( if this will work ) or anyone that can post one for us

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi all. You only need to replace one .forge file for your game to start working again - i've included a download link to an older version of DataPC_patch.forge (this is the only file that seems to differ in size between patches) which you can find here:

*EDIT* Snip, wrong file. Uploading correct one
OR
*EDIT* Snip, wrong file. Uploading correct one

I'm unsure if UPlay will automatically repatch this file so i did the following in offline mode:

Navigate to your AC4 installation directory (Mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag)
Make a backup of DataPC_patch.forge (Should be 14,976kb in size)
Replace DataPC_patch.forge with the alternate version provided above (should be 10,880kb in size)
Launch AC4 via UPlay in offline mode

You should find that it now works and will load up with Edward standing on shore (however i had an issue where i could not swap weapons at all whilst using this fix so if you've got fists and treasure map equipped you're gonna have a REALLY bad time - suppose you could always just leave the memory and swap back to original DataPC_patch.forge file to switch out your weapons then repeat the process to get back in-game)

So to re-iterate, my game was crashing during animus load screen and I believed that my savegame was corrupt. I managed to get in game by using an older version of DataPC_patch.forge, however i was unable to change weapons. Once i completed the mission and Edward is in a cut-scene drinking on a beach, i quit the game and put back the original DataPC_patch.forge file and continued on my way.

Let me know how this works for you

MademanMK
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi all. You only need to replace one .forge file for your game to start working again - i've included a download link to an older version of DataPC_patch.forge (this is the only file that seems to differ in size between patches) which you can find here:

http://www.filedropper.com/datapcpatch

I'm unsure if UPlay will automatically repatch this file so i did the following in offline mode:

Navigate to your AC4 installation directory (Mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag)
Replace DataPC_patch.forge with the alternate version provided above (should be 10,880kb in size)

You should find that it now works and will load up with Edward standing on shore (however i had an issue where i could not swap weapons at all whilst using this fix so if you've got fists and treasure map equipped you're gonna have a REALLY bad time - suppose you could always just leave the memory and swap back to original DataPC_patch.forge file to switch out your weapons then repeat the process to get back in-game)

So to re-iterate, my game was crashing during animus load screen and I believed that my savegame was corrupt. I managed to get in game by using an older version of DataPC_patch.forge, however i was unable to change weapons. Once i completed the mission and Edward is in a cut-scene drinking on a beach, i quit the game and put back the original DataPC_patch.forge file and continued on my way.

It unfortunately doesn't work for me, it still loads up with the ship battle. Any ideas why?

Thanks for your help!

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 02:34 PM
It unfortunately doesn't work for me, it still loads up with the ship battle. Any ideas why?

Thanks for your help!

It may be because my own game managed to save and crash out on my way to shore, resulting in the instant crash on load (rather than being able to load the game and then subsequently crashing whist making your way to shore) Have you tried to progress to the island? Does it still crash regardless?

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 02:40 PM

http://www.filedropper.com/datapcpatch

Just tried this myself, I'm getting a blackscreen just after the 1st part of the intro about the team being multi-faiths etc...

Cheers for trying though, going to look into it some more..

EDIT: Also worth noting is the file is actually 828kb .. maybe something wrong with the uploaded version?

EDIT 2: Complete removal of both files will let my game run but still crashing

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I'll re-host it elsewhere, just downloaded it myself and it worked fine (the complete 10mb file)

Here you go, try this one:

*EDIT* Snip, wrong file

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 02:57 PM
I'll re-host it elsewhere, just downloaded it myself and it worked fine (the complete 10mb file)

Here you go, try this one:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/e3fd2ee2

I followed your steps with the new file but alas it is still crashing at the same place (Just after destroying the 5 boats and locking up on load)

Perhaps another file my end is bugged..

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Well balls :/

I'll do some further testing (since i still have the crashing savegame backed up) and see if I can figure it out. It may well be that it only worked for my save since I had managed to get close enough to the island that it crashed and saved at the same time. It's worth noting that it made my game completely unplayable, I couldn't even load it up without it crashing on animus.

*EDIT* Would you mind hosting your save file so i can take a look?

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Well balls :/

I'll do some further testing (since i still have the crashing savegame backed up) and see if I can figure it out. It may well be that it only worked for my save since I had managed to get close enough to the island that it crashed and saved at the same time. It's worth noting that it made my game completely unplayable, I couldn't even load it up without it crashing on animus.

*EDIT* Would you mind hosting your save file so i can take a look?

Just PM'd you with the files :)

MademanMK
01-05-2014, 03:16 PM
It may be because my own game managed to save and crash out on my way to shore, resulting in the instant crash on load (rather than being able to load the game and then subsequently crashing whist making your way to shore) Have you tried to progress to the island? Does it still crash regardless?

It's exactly how you describe it, it crashes on my way to the shore, about 10 seconds after enemy ships appear. Seems you were the lucky one that you actually managed to reach the island.

Well I guess downloading a pirated copy is the only option since Ubisoft clearly doesn't care, duh.

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 03:39 PM
It's exactly how you describe it, it crashes on my way to the shore, about 10 seconds after enemy ships appear. Seems you were the lucky one that you actually managed to reach the island.

Well I guess downloading a pirated copy is the only option since Ubisoft clearly doesn't care, duh.

Save yourself the potential trouble. My friend purchased a hard-copy version and I've managed to figure out that it's not DataPC_patch but DataPC_Principe that needs replacing. I figured (wrongly) that because DataPC_patch was the only file with differing sizes that it must have been that file causing the issue. I've just tested out my old save with just DataPC_Principe replaced and it worked fine. I quit the memory and restarted it so i could test if it allows you to reach shore and it does. Currently uploading the file (400mb -_-) and will edit post with download link when it's done.

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Save yourself the potential trouble. My friend purchased a hard-copy version and I've managed to figure out that it's not DataPC_patch but DataPC_Principe that needs replacing. I figured (wrongly) that because DataPC_patch was the only file with differing sizes that it must have been that file causing the issue. I've just tested out my old save with just DataPC_Principe replaced and it worked fine. I quit the memory and restarted it so i could test if it allows you to reach shore and it does. Currently uploading the file (400mb -_-) and will edit post with download link when it's done.

Awesome, Thank you very much sir.

I really hope this works! Haha

niliano05
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
i have sent a email to ubisoft support, explaining this issue, as i am having the same one. Its nothing to do with my hardware and really lets this series down. i will let you know on their reply.

(Email below)

Hello, My game (4th time) has crashed at exactly the same point within the game. This is also a issue for many other users of this game (Please see link) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress?p=9470874 When will a patch be released to stop this issue? As this has now stopped me from playing the main story line of the game once again. My previous emails you have asked for a Direct X Screenshot etc. of my computer, i can assure you, it is nothing to do with my hardware as many others are having this issue. The game runs perfectly fine if i get to this point and do side missions it is fine. (I know this as i have backed it up and reloaded before i played this mission and can still play the game now) but the minute i start that mission up it happens at the same spot. (at the ship battle) Please can you release a patch or something to fix this issue. This to me has really let the Assassin's Creed games down, as every other version has been perfect, bug free and a pleasure to play. Many Thanks

niliano05
01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Awesome, Thank you very much sir.

I really hope this works! Haha

awesome could you also PM me when you have done so i can try it please?

THanks

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 04:07 PM
awesome could you also PM me when you have done so i can try it please?

THanks

Will do. 54% atm. Just did ANOTHER test just to make positively sure and yes, this is the only file you need in order to complete Trust is Earned.

MademanMK
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM

I am looking forward to it. I really appreciate your effort, thank you once again.

Zeroko
01-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Will do. 54% atm. Just did ANOTHER test just to make positively sure and yes, this is the only file you need in order to complete Trust is Earned.

I am waiting keenly also, would love to see if this works

MrStabby6
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Hey mate you're a legend, thanks for the tip! I downloaded a torrent and took all the forge files and just dropped them into my real version. Game has just loaded up with me on the island! Thanks so much pal, saved the day while Ubisoft can't even acknowledge the issue and will take months to fix this ****.

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Here you go guys.

http://www.filedropper.com/datapcprincipe

OR

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/gBd0yWWapL/

FAST DOWNLOAD:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7-vyEj2upQxRmJqSFAtQzJyUVU/edit

I will be uploading this to another hosting website now, just incase this one pants out.

Make sure you back up your original file, just in case, and report back on how it goes!

I also found that you can be running UPlay in online mode with this file, it doesn't automatically patch over it, however i assume it will do if you ask Uplay to verify your files.

Instructions:

Download the above linked file and use to replace the one located in your Assassins Creed game folder:
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag)

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Wicked downloading it now, thanks again for doing this :)

Zeroko
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Here you go guys.

I will be uploading this to another hosting website now, just incase this one pants out.

Make sure you back up your original file, just in case, and report back on how it goes!

I also found that you can be running UPlay in online mode with this file, it doesn't automatically patch over it, however i assume it will do if you ask Uplay to verify your files.

Im downloading it aswell, gonna take awhile at 400kbps

Kazlok
01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I can confirm this works! Thank you very much sir! :D

MademanMK
01-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Here you go guys.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. This works like a charm.

jazzdevil22
01-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Here you go guys.

Great work, you have saved a lot of people a fair bit of grief :)

Zeroko
01-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Here you go guys.

Works perfectly thank you for your effort

niliano05
01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
i had uninstalled it and now reinstalling it, uplay annoying is incapable of going over 5 mb p/s download time =_=

will let you know!

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Glad that it worked for you all!

2nd mirror (also a slow download unfortunately, if someone else could find a faster mirror it would be really appreciated!)

CaffeLungo
01-05-2014, 06:10 PM
You absolute beauty, Richa! I'm able to play just fine now. Thanks a lot for helping everybody out!

Digital-Suicide
01-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Upload to G-Drive : Download Active (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-vyEj2upQxRmJqSFAtQzJyUVU/edit?usp=sharing)

Upload to DropBox : Download Active (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg48hkjv7sllhpw/DataPC_Principe.forge)

Upload to Private FTP : Download Active (http://www.nerologix.com/dna/AC4/DataPC_Principe.rar)

Thank You! Richa :cool:

These download links will be available for as long as needed!

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Upload to G-Drive : Download Active (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-vyEj2upQxRmJqSFAtQzJyUVU/edit?usp=sharing)

Thank You! :cool:

Will Also Upload to a private FTP shortly....

Thanks! I've added your google drive link to my original post

niliano05
01-05-2014, 07:05 PM
it works!!!!

you my friend are a genius

Thank you very much :D

IrishAsasin
01-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks so much for that DataPC_Principe.forge file. My game is fixed for now :D So at least I can play it until Ubisoft put out a patch. Again, thanks sooo much :D :D

asofd
01-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Here you go guys.

Instructions:

Download the above linked file and use to replace the one located in your Assassins Creed game folder:
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag)

Would you happen to also have a working DataPC_Havana.forge file from the same source that you don't mind uploading please?

There's a section of Havana that I crash on whenever I enter the general area, and also particularly within the Catch the Sage mission.

rifle.tiger
01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Richa20599
Absolutely cracking mate! Works perfectly! Cheers

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Would you happen to also have a working DataPC_Havana.forge file from the same source that you don't mind uploading please?

There's a section of Havana that I crash on whenever I enter the general area, and also particularly within the Catch the Sage mission.

Havana file is much larger (750mb) but i'm starting the upload now - will repost when it's up

qwidgy
01-05-2014, 09:30 PM
dude u are a star thanks for giving the game back when ubisoft couldnt be asjked to do anything about it :P

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Okay here is the Havana file for those of you having trouble with Catch the Sage. Give it a shot with this file and report back. Be warned this will be a very long download, 750mb file

http://www.filedropper.com/datapchavana

asofd
01-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Okay here is the Havana file for those of you having trouble with Catch the Sage. Give it a shot with this file and report back. Be warned this will be a very long download, 750mb file

http://www.filedropper.com/datapchavana

Grabbing now, will report back later.

asofd
01-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Grabbing now, will report back later.

OMG IT WORKS!

Richa20599 if there was a way to hug you I would.

Richa20599
01-05-2014, 10:55 PM
OMG IT WORKS!

Richa20599 if there was a way to hug you I would.

Rofl, you are very much welcome dude

SepsiAss
01-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Richa 20599 mate if u ever feel like having a pint... just let me know and it will be my treat.
Working flawless, thanks for making my evening interesting again :D

TheLazyCoder
01-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Here you go guys.

OR

FAST DOWNLOAD:

Instructions:

Dude. How do I buy you something. You champ

bloodbathrich
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I concur...bless you dudey for helping us out :) .....You did more than a whole company. You are truely awesome. Love this game and did not want to jack it in over a bug...you rock!

Calzere
01-05-2014, 11:25 PM
What a legend, works like a charm mate.

asofd
01-06-2014, 01:30 AM
I concur...bless you dudey for helping us out :) .....You did more than a whole company. You are truely awesome. Love this game and did not want to jack it in over a bug...you rock!

My thoughts exactly. Its amazing how you narrowed down the exact cause of the crash and even found a solution, when Ubi support has been farting around with my support ticket for over a month now doing piddly squat.

TheMcWard
01-06-2014, 05:46 PM
thank you so much to the person who did this, i cant believe it actually works

OmegaSyn
01-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Richa20599 --- Give this man a medal!!! You sir are a legend. Downloaded the file, copied over into folder, hey ho, back on track and in game on the mission working brilliantly. And still waiting for Ubisoft Technical to get back. If you lived near me I would buy a pint my good man!

Richa20599
01-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Richa20599 --- Give this man a medal!!! You sir are a legend. Downloaded the file, copied over into folder, hey ho, back on track and in game on the mission working brilliantly. And still waiting for Ubisoft Technical to get back. If you lived near me I would buy a pint my good man!

I live just outside Luton funnily enough. And good to hear that this is seemingly turning out to be a 100% fix for all those affected.

noisecheck
01-06-2014, 09:49 PM
wow thank you so much! it worked for me too.

You have done way more than ubisoft has.

killavirus5
01-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Here you go guys.

OR

FAST DOWNLOAD:

Instructions:

i love you so much i want your babies

also for any of you who own bt sync i have made this
AH4GR6LO2GS4FEVPXVNRBPJZOWFF2Z4XV
may be a bit slow at first but the more people who start sharing it the faster the download will go

Onehandband1t
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Wow, hey guys, so it wasn't just me having this problem after all. Most popular thread. Big thanks to the guy with the fix, legend ;)

coffeehair
01-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks Richa! Confirmed fix here too! Ubi support are still looking over my MSinfo32 trying to figure out what a computer is. I'd also recommend to anyone to back up their originals however incase this causes problems come patch time :)

Richa20599
01-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Thanks Richa! Confirmed fix here too! Ubi support are still looking over my MSinfo32 trying to figure out what a computer is. I'd also recommend to anyone to back up their originals however incase this causes problems come patch time :)

It might be worth everyone with an open ticket just refer them to the thread Zeroko started with links to the file download. As for backing up original files, you could always just delete the forge files you downloaded and then get UPlay to verify game integrity. It'll notice the discrepancy and download without needed to grab the whole 23gb reinstall.

SuceurDeZguegue
01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
OMG give a medal to Richa20599, Ubisoft HAVE to hire you and learn from you, they seriously suck at support, I posted a ticket the 23/12, the 27/12 thay told me I was transfered to the next support and since I haven't get anything else. Richa, you're our warcry !

ShakerBakerr
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Richa Thank you so much for the fix, it works a charm! :D you are amazing.

Nexus-Nova
01-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Onehandband1t thank you mate, you are extinguisher to my sadness. thanks a lot (couldn't thank you enough). would you consider adding me as a friend on uplay?

bizzyjnr
01-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Here you go guys.

OR

FAST DOWNLOAD:

Instructions:

Thanks alot dude. Owe you one. Awesome

pestt0
01-13-2014, 09:25 AM
I live just outside Luton funnily enough. And good to hear that this is seemingly turning out to be a 100% fix for all those affected.

Am going to stick a pint behind the bar of the Coopers arms in Hitchin for you. If your ever in the area.. :cool:

mymate51
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I am having the same problem, I contacted Ubisoft and they have come back with this reply:-

Please try deleting the DataPC_Principe.forge file found in the game's installation folder.
Then Verify the files for the game through Uplay:
Launch the Uplay client and click on the game in the Games section.
Click on the dropdown menu alongside the Play button and click the option to verify the game files.

So they seem to be suggesting the same thing, but it looks like deleting and verifying downloads the missing file from their site.
I tried their suggestion but the game still freezes at the walking man before the game actually loads, would the file linked to be the same file as downloaded through Ubisoft or a different version
Thanks

Richa20599
01-13-2014, 07:08 PM
I am having the same problem, I contacted Ubisoft and they have come back with this reply:-

Please try deleting the DataPC_Principe.forge file found in the game's installation folder.
Click on the dropdown menu alongside the Play button and click the option to verify the game files.

So they seem to be suggesting the same thing, but it looks like deleting and verifying downloads the missing file from their site.
I tried their suggestion but the game still freezes at the walking man before the game actually loads, would the file linked to be the same file as downloaded through Ubisoft or a different version
Thanks

It's a different pre-patch file that should work for you.

DraigUKK
01-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Here you go guys.

OR

FAST DOWNLOAD:

Instructions:

Just wanted to say THANKYOU for this fix, it was incredibly frustrating, very much appreciated.

mymate51
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Thanks

Thanks to the poster of the link to this file, I can carry on playing again now.
Unisoft could not help me fix the problem, the same named file I downloaded from them didn't work.
I will let them know that I have managed to get my game working through the efforts of someone else rather than the people who actually programmed the game,

Richa20599
01-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Post up in this thread guys, they're attempting to find the issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/824144-Catch-the-Sage-amp-Trust-is-Earned-Issues-*Info-Needed*

GhostSpirit88
01-15-2014, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to say thanks as well for the download, there's nothing more frustrating than spending hours on a game for it just to stop working half way through .... cheers for the download

HOLODOC1972
01-20-2014, 09:49 PM
mine just done the same ...am well pis**d off ...it just crashes when loading now at the free running bit

DaGleese
01-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Signed on this. FIX IT UBI!

Black_Widow9
01-22-2014, 04:19 AM
Can you please make sure you post the required information here?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/824144-Catch-the-Sage-amp-Trust-is-Earned-Issues-*Info-Needed*

thebeavis01
01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Very annoying issue. Game breaking to the point I can't play anymore. Have posted in the other thread as well. Please fix asap. Was enjoying the game immensely up until this point.

Richa20599
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Go back a few pages, I posted up fixed files a month ago and if they're still accessible they may solve your issue

DaGleese
01-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Go back a few pages, I posted up fixed files a month ago and if they're still accessible they may solve your issue

Thanks so much Richa! That did the trick perfectly! It's pretty embarrasing for ubisoft that it took a community member to provide a fix for it instead of their own team.

liltest8hmail8h
01-23-2014, 06:14 AM
sequence 9 mem. 2 "la confiance ça se merite" keep crashing here to this is :( & :(

ps: its the REAL_FIRST crash iv seen in ac4

liltest8hmail8h
01-23-2014, 06:40 AM
OMG TANKS Richa20599 for give a great fix !

ps: ks to to bizzyjnr for cote hes message

Sekonda
01-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Big props to Richa20599 for his custom fix.

gooding6
01-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Big thanks to Richa20599

I can play again :)

jbc215
01-24-2014, 03:46 PM
here you go guys.

or

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/gbd0ywwapl/

fast download:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0b7-vyej2upqxrmjqsfatqzjyuvu/edit

i will be uploading this to another hosting website now, just incase this one pants out.

I also found that you can be running uplay in online mode with this file, it doesn't automatically patch over it, however i assume it will do if you ask uplay to verify your files.

Instructions:

Download the above linked file and use to replace the one located in your assassins creed game folder:
(c:\program files (x86)\ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher\games\assassin's creed iv black flag)

dont do this it made my pc turn off when i launched the game my pc wasnt working then i did a system recovery and thank god it worked again do not do this fix no matter how many people say it works

hibigE
01-24-2014, 05:28 PM

please help me It happens to me except on startup of the game I get as far as the first screen and the game crashes

hyper---sniper
01-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Well well here we go , spent a whole night thinking i had a pc problem , just to find out the game is crapped.... why no fix ??? it is a big problem for people.....now cant got in to game ??? trust is earned... was going to buy the dlc was enjoying this game.. but with BIG problems they will be buggy tooo????

TheWarhog
01-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi Richa, was juts about to download your files when I realised the game has patched since then. Now my game still crashes but I was wondering if the download still works on the new patch?

hyper---sniper
01-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Hey richa20599 your a star, many thanks.. all working again.. hey ubisoft trust is earned but now trust in your games is starting to lag... get the bugs fixed...... one of the best games i have played in a long time, but now loosing interest....... fix it PLEASE...

andykimber
02-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Thanks everybody - fixed by:
- backing up (non-corrupted) save file
- uninstalling AC4
- reinstalling from uPlay
- putting uPlay in offline mode
- playing past the mission in offline mode (I didn't even need to replace my save file, as the uninstall did not remove it).

BTW I hate uPlay. Why won't they let us activate on Steam?

a1de
02-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi guys im not sure if your aware or not but it seems that ubisoft have fixed this crash problem, as they have asked me to verify game after trying many different things to solve my crash problems and it seems to have worked as i am now past the trust is earned mission.

adybest69
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
What do I do if C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag the folder is empty??Please help!

Valen-ni
03-08-2014, 09:43 PM
richa20599 your a legend! I just downloaded the 400mb file, replaced it with my old one and it worked straight away! This was doing my head in!!!

Thanks again!

PS: I don't need to replace my old file back again do I?

HBM99
09-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Here you go guys.

OR

FAST DOWNLOAD:

Instructions:

So once I've downloaded the file, what exactly do i need to do to it? And yes i know i'm a bit of a PC newbie. Do i have to make the file a certain type for it to work? do i need to put your file inside the assassins creed folder that you mentioned or completely replace it? Would really appreciate an answer, or from anyone who knows. Thankyou!