PDA

View Full Version : The Mentors - StealthShampoo

UltraVioletNicky
12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, itís Nicky from StealthShampoo. A lot of you may have already seen my recent debut of my new series The Mentors. If youíre unfamiliar with it or you havenít seen the first episode, you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t42GBXd4Fxg

Each week I have a cast of myself and a few of your favorite YouTubers critique gameplay from you guys. Episode 2ís gameplay has already been chosen, but to improve the series Iíll need a wider pool of gameplay to choose from.

This is where you all will come in, and the awesome part about it is there is absolutely no skill or experience requirement to submit. Thereís no need for you to be able to score 20k Assassinates or successfully stun 5 pursuers.

In fact, weíre looking for totally average gameplay. The point is to show a game where a player makes good and bad decisions that the commentators can break down to teach others how the game works. We probably wonít be accepting gameplay from a competitive player beating on noobs, and even if youíre not the best of the best you donít need to spend hours cherry-picking your gameplay to send in.

Hereís everything you need to do to submit your gameplay:
1. Record a multiplayer match of AC4 on any console (or PC using the appropriate software) using an HD capture device (we obviously won't be accepting submissions filmed via potato.)
2. Upload it as unlisted on YouTube and email the link to stealthshampoo (at) gmail (dot) com!

Pro tips:
-Please don't record your voice or your teammates' voice.
-No color correction or editing, just upload the clip raw or in a YouTube appropriate format.
-Start recording at the character selection screen, and stop recording once the next map is chosen.
-Turn off your notifications. If you get a message a couple of times during the recording, no problem, but this is an important step if you have a huge friends list of people logging on/off!
-Contact me on Twitter, email, or leave a post if you have any questions!

But what do you get for sending in your gameplay?
-Your channel will be linked down in the description
-Youíll be introduced at the beginning of the video
-Total badasses including myself, Giaquinto718, ChachiMcSwaqq, and RudeOnion will give you tips and tricks to improve how you play (commentators subject to change).
Aside from gameplay submissions, Iím considering alternating commentators per week. This adds variety to the commentary, and also gives everyone 2 weeks to work on their commentary rather than a few days. If youíd like to apply to help out, leave a post, send me a tweet, or email me.

FAQ:
Q: What about the shoutcasting project?
A: Weíre still working on that. In fact, if youíre participating in the StealthShampoo Shoutcasting Project youíll probably get a slight priority over others for getting your gameplay used in The Mentors. If youíre interested in recording for this project, you may also want to consider the Shoutcasting Project here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799282-StealthShampoo-s-Black-Flag-Shoutcasting-Project?

Q: Can I submit multiple gameplays?
A: Hell yeah.

Q: What game modes are accepted?
A: Public game lab modes, all the base modes, and tournament matches/scrims. I might not accept a private game lab mode if itís not well known. The commentators might not have experience with it and we may not know the exact rule set. The gameplays will alternate per week, so youíre more likely to get in if you watch the previous few episodes and submit something else.

Q: How do we contact you?
A: Twitter will get you the fastest answers. If you donít have a Twitter, post here. You can also email me at stealthshampoo (at) gmail (dot) com. Please do not send anymore messages to my YouTube, G+ ruined that.

And thatís it. If you canít participate in the project, spreading it around on the forums, Twitter, and YouTube would be enough. Thanks for the support!

SquirrelInDaSky
12-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Hey there , i have made a video submission via gmail, just in case it will get lost in spam or smth.

UltraVioletNicky
12-21-2013, 07:05 AM
I've received your gameplay, I'll let you know in advance if we'll use it in a future episode, thanks!

x Blue Link x
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey I just wanted to let you know I sent you some gameplay through your email. Just wanted to make sure you got it.

UltraVioletNicky
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I got it Blue Link, thanks for the submission!

Murzealous
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey, I'd be interested in submitting some gameplay for this series. I'll try and upload a game tonight as unlisted and email it to you tomorrow.

SquirrelInDaSky
01-20-2014, 02:43 PM
This project has gone quiet for a while. How is the progress?

UltraVioletNicky
01-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Thanks Murzealous, I've recieved your gameplay.

The project's still running, I don't update the Ubiforums thread as much as my Twitter feed. Episode 2 took a bit to get the commentary for due to people getting sick, finding replacements, and the holidays. I'm almost done editing episode 2, and we're looking at a release later this week.

Meanwhile, I've chosen episode 3 and I have plenty of gameplay to look through for episode 4.

UltraVioletNicky
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Episode 2 of The Mentors went up earlier this week! Check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiHzlJ4PfKk

I've gotten a few hours of your guys' gameplay submissions to review for future episodes, keep them coming!