PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody think the fully upgraded Jackdaw looks... kinda ridiculous?

Farlander1991
12-18-2013, 08:00 AM
So, I finally fully upgraded the Jackdaw, and... I don't think I like the look.

With the final and elite upgrades there's more metal than wood on the ship, and the golden cannons and mortars look really tacky. And you barely see any of the original Jackdaw paint coloring. :-/

phoenix-force411
12-18-2013, 08:03 AM
I never really took a good liking to the Jackdaw. I still prefer Aquila over Jackdaw. Jackdaw feels a bit too tacky and it lacks a distinctive color.

pirate1802
12-18-2013, 08:04 AM
I liked the metallic destroyer look of the fully upgraded Jackdaw. Maybe unrealistic, but I'll take that. :p Had they stayed realistic, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a low-level Jackdaw, and an upgraded one. Sure, the golden cannons and all look a little too much, but I liked the fact that at any stage, merely by looking at your ship you can tell how much upgraded it is.

And I thought the original hull paint sucked anyway, so good that I covered it all with metal. xD

I never really took a good liking to the Jackdaw. I still prefer Aquila over Jackdaw. Jackdaw feels a bit too tacky and it lacks a distinctive color.

Both have distinct feels for me. Aquilla looks like a gentleman's ship. The coloring and all, Jackdaw looks more like a rogue beast. With the torn cloth hanging at places, the skulls hanging above the captain's door. Which is to be expected ofcourse.

Fatal-Feit
12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
The only things I bother to pay attention to are the Jackdaw's wheels and sails. They're what block the screen anyways.

Farlander1991
12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Had they stayed realistic, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a low-level Jackdaw, and an upgraded one.

Well, I don't mind the upgrades, I think they make sense and there's quite a lot of distinctions, it just it feels that the final upgrades go overboard.

AngryRaisin
12-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Not really. But I loved getting the Black sails.

pirate1802
12-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Well, I don't mind the upgrades, I think they make sense and there's quite a lot of distinctions, it just it feels that the final upgrades go overboard.

As far as the hull goes, each upgrade essentially adds more metal. So makes sense that the elite one would almost completely cover it with metal.

phoenix-force411
12-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Not really. But I loved getting the Black sails.
Prefer Skull sails since they match the pirate theme.

ProletariatPleb
12-18-2013, 08:31 AM
The golden stuff is stupid, that's about it.

DinoSteve1
12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
lol, and here was me thinking it didn't look upgraded enough, I was hoping that when it was upgraded fully it would have looked like what it did when it was new.

Sauron001
12-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I like the metal look considering it accurately portrays how rich and belligerent Edward is. The gold cannons on the other hand I agree completely..,,that's just tacky. It would have been nice to paint the ship to fit our own personal play styles though.

Fireseed
12-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Yep, after all upgrades the Jackdaw looks a little bit strange and too shiny for me.

IWGCJoeCool
12-19-2013, 02:14 AM
i kinda like the Red/Grey/Gold scheme, damn what the metal is/ Gold is dense and heavy. choose the right sails to go with it. we know how important it is that the carpet matches the drapes.

adventurewomen
12-19-2013, 02:16 AM
I still prefer the Aquila it's just an amazing beautiful ship, the Jackdaw is 2nd place, in my eyes.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 02:32 AM
I actually like it. The golden cannons are gaudy, but what do you expect from some scrappy little nouveau-riche pirate? It fits Edward IMO.

Kagurra
12-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Looks alright. It's like black and gold with hints of red wood. It looks really nice with the Elite sails from uplay which are like the white sails but slightly less bright and have black and gold trim on them. Fits nicely.

DarktheMagister
12-19-2013, 03:31 AM
I think I'd have really prefered deep black cannons with gold inlay or something.... because the solid gold bling canon are a bit too much.....

but then again I AM the one who specifically chooses to use the deep blue and gold gilded sails pretty much always.

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 04:12 AM
^I use those gilded sails too.