PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is True: Help!

rzagorac
12-18-2013, 01:06 AM
In the mission Nothing is True, I'm having difficulty with the second checkpoint where there is a guard at a stairway and another comes to the stairs. I go up the stairs and choke all four guards up there and the two others after climbing a wall. I then have to free run across a tree to get to another wall to either choke or evade a lone guard. The tree is causing me problems since I can't seem to find my way to the other side so I can jump to the wall and not be seen. How do I get around the tree trunk to do that. I see the branch there but start climbing up instead of across :/

AngryRaisin
12-18-2013, 06:51 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-4-walkthrough-sequence-04-memory-02-nothing-is-true-100-sync

rzagorac
12-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the video but it's not helping me go around the other side of the tree. I keep falling on the ground when I do that move.. I had this issue in AC3 but finally got it to work.

AngryRaisin
12-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Just hold your free run button and point your stick where you want to go. Are you pressing something else?

rzagorac
12-21-2013, 12:18 AM
No just free run. Getting to that point is very frustrating cuz of the inconsistency with either my playing or the detection system. I know I'm frustrated but I hate wasting a whole 2-5 min just to go back and do it all over 5-10 times. Everytime I get to the tree to go around I fall off and usually get detected not to mention the guard on the wall that you have to kill. Usually sees me but if I'm quick enough I can hide somewhere. I've been on this for two weeks now and must have a mental block about it now cuz I keep getting detected earlier also. The two guards together before I free run on the tree branches is very hard and I only get it about 1 out of 5 times. I just wish I could get through this.

AngryRaisin
12-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Dang. I don't know what to tell you if you have watched the video and can't figure it out. Most important is don't keep trying to do the same thing over and over if it's not working. There has to be something you are missing. Good luck!

rzagorac
12-21-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm as stumped as you are. I've been playing AC since AC1 came out. Too bad I couldn't get a game save somehow. I've even tried different routes but still no success. It's just frustrating. I'll keep trying but thanks for all the suggestions.

AngryRaisin
12-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Have you tried sleep darting the guard that detects you so you can take your time figuring out a way past the tree?

rzagorac
12-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to check my inventory on that thanks :)

rzagorac
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Finally got it. Just made the tree the right way. On to killing Crocs now LOL!

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 04:39 AM
Hooray! :D

swellsme1
01-01-2014, 02:54 AM
I hate this level. Done it literally 100x and still have trouble with the tree. It pisses me off you have to go back so far and redo it every freakin time. Ive watched the videos and read the info and still no luck. I give it 5 more tries and I am hanging up this game. $60 wasted.

JerethDaGryphon
01-06-2014, 03:05 PM
the easiest way to do it is just to knock out everyone in the first part who comes near stalking zones then when you have the slanted wall run to in when the last patroll is about halfway down facing awy it will go yellow but stop.

thenknock out the next few on your way to the clifff theres 2 knock them both out rapidly but the sniper will see you so dodge back to the last zone until , sniper goes away grab bodys and oss them in plants and wait , you need to be very quick but on the left side of the map ibnce you jump over the bushes is a wall crass the wal and youll be detected but if you go to the right point its a checkpont and youll start there find a zone and dive in before looking around to see where the last few guards are

drloua
01-10-2014, 01:57 PM
I feel your pain, bro. Spent 2 hours trying to get to that shooter after the tree....still haven't made it!

starkmojo
02-24-2014, 10:34 PM
In my case it's woes because my nine year old step son walked through this like he was picking daisies.

The second way point I crawl past the gaurd that walks up the hill, then back up and knock him out. Then ago back to the Mayan pilar at the top of the hill and use that to spring into the tree. Keep in mind that some are short hops and you'll over shoot if you take a running leap. Just hop on the short ones then running jump onto the store pilar where the animus fragment is and the jump again into the bush at the top of the stairs. Then I go to the right of the tree, into the brush and the to the left of the next gaurd into the other brush behind him. If you wait for awhile you an time it so he's looking away.. It seems preposterously close but Edwards a slinky fellow I guess. Then just time the guards paths to hit the waypoint and keep on going to the next brush pile.

The next one sticks me every time. Initially I could get up to the left one time in five, but now I am having trouble with the first gaurd . I can knock her out but the walker keeps seeing me do it. Last time I got here I could take everyone on this part of the waypoint down without much trouble, seems I have forgotten something I knew.now if I only knew what that was.

Last time I got frustrated I deleted the memory and went to a bunch of warehouses. Best sneaking practice there is.

Now if anyone has any help on how to deal witn that dammed sniper.

chuckaltair2006
02-26-2014, 10:19 PM
I've been trying for two days to get past the series b4 the one you mention where there are 3 guards, and I have to knock out all 3 to progress to a chest and on to find the"Kid."
I know it is a timing issue, but I can't seem to grab one knock him out and then dash to a bush and grab the next one b4 I am seen. I feel like a rat in a wheel, round and round I go and never seem able to complete this mission. If only we could save these things at the point of failure instead of repeating over and over again.

Best of luck
chuckaltair....:rolleyes:

starkmojo
03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Well I finally got it, after hours of failure. What I learned from my nine year old stepson was:
It's best to be at the edge of the bushes who you whistle. Get them before there alert level gets high.
When you get to the level with the three assassins walk up behind the first one, grab her and try an back peddle her into the bushes. Watch the woman straight ahead, she does a little spin around on her watch that can get you.
If you don't get assasin one in the bushes RUN to the next set of bushes. When the assassins see their fallen comrade they will search the bushes you are hiding in together and there is no way you can knock out 2. So go for it. Once they are searching those bushes you can either run forward and leave them or wait for them to resume their routine then take out the woman closest to you before whistling over the last assasin.
Moving on to the next assasin just wait, she walks into your reach. Just wait for her to light up and snag her.
Jump across and hide. There are two guards. The trick is to get the one farther away first. Do this by standing up so he can see you. Just for a second. When he walks to you the other guard will have her back to you. Snag him than just walk up behind ten next one(looking out for the sniper!) and knock her out.
Then just jump across and get the sniper ( not easy, but if you fall down you can climb back up if your quick about it.) and then stay to the right sneaking up the hill to You end point.