PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Cry (Experto Creed) *User Ship*

Sauron001
12-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Anyone else completely disappointed by Ubi's lack of creativity and using a copy and paste of the jackdaw? I was really looking forward to getting at least a frigate or something new but instead we are given the usual. Oh hey guys here is another brigantine that your already tired of using.

Other players thoughts?

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Well anything bigger wouldn't be fast enough.

Krayus Korianis
12-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Well anything bigger wouldn't be fast enough.
It'd also turn like crap.

Dr Pepper821
12-18-2013, 06:09 AM
I was personally hoping for something closer to the size and style of the Queen Anne's Revenge, but I"m fine with a Jackdaw look-a-like. It's not like it's a terrible ship :P

Savage Baird LE
12-18-2013, 06:11 AM
I actually felt like naval gameplay should've stayed out. While I love it in the main game, it was just used as a time consumer in this DLC.

DarktheMagister
12-18-2013, 06:17 AM
I was personally hoping for something closer to the size and style of the Queen Anne's Revenge

The....Man-o-war?

Would'nt that have been a bit....showy?

Sauron001
12-18-2013, 06:17 AM
^I do agree with you on that part but I guess it was a means to an end so adw would have a tool to get back on his mission. Guessing the ship he had that sunk was the jackdaw?

Dr Pepper821
12-18-2013, 06:18 AM
The....Man-o-war?

The frigate. Blackbeard's ship, not Robert's.

Unless I horribly misjudged it's size.

Honestly, I just really like the design of the ship more than the size, which is why I wanted a ship of a similiar style.

Sauron001
12-18-2013, 06:19 AM
The....Man-o-war?

The Queen Anne's revenge was a frigate class not Robert's ridiculous lady fortune lol

Kagurra
12-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Well a brig's a brig. The Jackdaw is just heavily modified once you upgrade it, but before that...

DarktheMagister
12-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Somehow....I missed that.

I always assumed Blackbeard's ship was the one you helped him capture.

SamBushen24
12-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Yeh ok a brig is a decent size ship, however the skulls that were on the jackdaw like above the captain cabin doors are exactly the same, and the wooden railing is also missing from the back of the ship. Proper lazy if you ask me. They could of least given it a different feel, but it's just a copy and paste.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeh ok a brig is a decent size ship, however the skulls that were on the jackdaw like above the captain cabin doors are exactly the same, and the wooden railing is also missing from the back of the ship. Proper lazy if you ask me. They could of least given it a different feel, but it's just a copy and paste.

Maybe Adewale liked Edwards design choice with the skulls. In keeping with his pirate roots. And the experto crede was a totally different colour, and had different wheels and sail choice. Seemed ok to me.

SamBushen24
12-19-2013, 12:53 AM
No everything is the same as the start, all the white ripped sail pieces tied everywhere too.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 12:57 AM
No everything is the same as the start, all the white ripped sail pieces tied everywhere too.

The sail, yes. Everything else, no. And like I said, you can get unique sails once you start freeing slaves.

projectpat06
12-27-2013, 07:01 PM
A newly design Brig would have been nice. Or even having a ship similar to the aquila would have been cool. I would have really liked a frigate. To me, it would have made more sense. Adewale's ship of maroons sailing what looks to be a slave ship to enemies. That could have worked as a disguise before they attacked other slave vessels. Plus adewale, with his large machete and even large blunderbuss should have been captain to a larger ship.