PDA

View Full Version : Best sound track so far?

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 04:39 PM
What the title says.

I'm really loving AC4's soundtrack especially the title soundtrack and the song Anne sings at the end.

pacmanate
12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
I love the Havana Ambient music. It reminds me of Far Cry's menu screen music with all the random electronicy things.

Bastiaen
12-17-2013, 05:41 PM
I do love AC4's soundtrack, but nothing gets my blood pumping like AC3's soundtrack.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I really like these soundtracks all the songs of these albums: AC3, ToKW, AC4 & AC4: Sea Shanties. :)

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2013, 06:08 PM
AC:R and AC:3's soundtracks are my favorite. Whenever I start the games, both main menu themes give me chills.

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
I love AC2's soundtrack as well, it had a feeling of mystery about it.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 07:01 PM
This forum puzzles me again. Quite unique opinions. I do like AC4 sound track, but AC2's sound track has not been beaten!
AC2 soundtrack is considered legendary amongst the vast majority of fans, but I just don't think it's my favourite though.

Lorne Balfe created amazing soundtracks for AC3.

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2013, 07:10 PM
People need to look into what they are talking about. AC2 ACB and ACR all by this award winnign composer: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jesper_Kyd

AC3 and 4, i'm sorry they don't compare. I like them sure. Technically if nothign else the AC2 series sound track had so much focus on quality it was uncanny.

The sea shanties are excellent in Ac4, don't get me wrong, but it is simply not as epic as the formentioned installment of AC.

Everyone has an opinion, and of course you may prefer different to my point of view. I still suggest though someone stating AC3 or 4's sound track is better can't have paid as much attention to the soundtrack of those games as I have, it's not hard to see the difference in variety and effort. It really isn't!

Lorne Balfe who solo'd AC 3 (after Kyd not returning), is an excellent composer, but he's rushed the work for Ac3. You can tell easily, which is like most of the game tbh.

Lorne Balfe did not rush his work for AC:3. He actually has about 10-20 extras that weren't in the game and they were all pretty amazing. Quit shouting pretentious nonsense to glorify Ezio's Trilogy anymore than it needs.

And AC:B's soundtrack sucked, IMO.

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Indeed Ezio's Trilogy needs no glorification. It simply is great.

ACfan443
12-17-2013, 07:26 PM
AC2's and AC1's soundtracks reign supreme in the battle of OSTs in my opinion, exceptional scores. Brian Tyler's work on AC4 was great and significantly better than Lorne Balfe's work on AC3, but neither are a patch on Jesper Kyd, his mastery is unrivaled.

Shahkulu101
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Revelations had two of the most incredible tracks "Welcome to Konstantinyye" and "Crossroads of the world" just get me every time. That said, Havana's ambient music is super catchy - and AC2s and BH have beautiful tracks. AC3s is ok, with some gorgeous stand-out tracks ("Ratonhaketon" for example)

SixKeys
12-17-2013, 09:43 PM
AC1 has the best soundtrack, followed by AC2 and ACB.

LoyalACFan
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
AC1 has the best soundtrack, followed by AC2 and ACB.

I think AC1 is unrivaled in terms of ambient music. Acre Underworld is probably the best ambient track I've ever heard, in anything.

For me, though, it's hard to directly compare AC1's overall soundtrack with those of the sequels, because they were created for different purposes. AC1's tracks were all intended to complement the physical atmosphere you were playing in, whereas AC2 and the rest all had tracks which were composed for specific moments, i.e. "Earth"; one of my favorite AC tracks, which was only played during the prologue when Ezio first suited up as an Assassin. Those types of tracks are still extremely enjoyable for me when I'm not playing the game, whereas AC1's music is not, even though I adore it when it's playing during gameplay.

SixKeys
12-17-2013, 10:46 PM
To be perfectly honest, while I love AC2's soundtrack, I also think it's slightly overrated. Some of the best tracks in AC2's OST were hardly used in the game itself ("Ezio in Florence", "Florence Tarantella", "End Fight", "Salvation of Forli", the two tracks used during the infiltration of the Vatican, etc.). Many of the tunes were just variations of "Ezio's Family". I did like how Florence had a slightly more synthesized sound whereas Venice had a very "traditional" orchestral feel.

AC1 didn't have one unifying "theme tune" like the later games - each track feels unique. The melancholy and creepy music of Acre has a very different feel from the relaxing and spiritual Jerusalem and the bombastic richness of Damascus. I love all the Kyd-composed soundtracks and listen to them all the time, but AC1's feels the least intrusive for the reason you stated. It was made to complement the atmosphere rather than specific moments, and that's exactly what makes it so great. When I listen to "Ezio's Family", I think of specific, cinematic story moments. I'm listening to a moment from Ezio's life. When I listen to "Kingdom" or "Acre Underworld", I'm transported into AC1's world - me, not Alta´r. That's because the music evokes a certain atmosphere rather than emotion.

Shahkulu101
12-17-2013, 10:52 PM
When you're in the mountains in AC2 an AC1 track plays, can't put my finger on it but it's great.

Megas_Doux
12-18-2013, 01:51 AM
AC1 didn't have one unifying "theme tune" like the later games - each track feels unique..

I agree, although if I have to choose the AC I / Altair┤s theme, Access the animus is the winner.....

In terms of what is my favorite???? PRETTY tough decision, AC II and AC IV as a whole, but I love ACR, AC I greatly, ACB and ACIII are not that good in humble opinion.

Here, some of my overall preferred tracks:

AC I
Access the Animus
Acre Underworld
Spirit of damascus, pretty short though.
City of Jerusalem
Its menu theme, pretty eerie!!!!!!!
The track that plays when you kill Abu

AC II
Ezio┤s family
Approaching the target series.
Salvation of Forli
The plague
Venetian rooftops
Venice escape
Leonardo’s Inventions series

ACB
Master Assassin
City of Rome
Villa under Attack
Borgia Ruler of Rome
Roman underworld
Desmond miles

ACR
Main theme
Welcome to kostaniniye or so :P
The crossroads of the World
Istambul
Scheduled for deletion
Greek fire
The Road to Masyaf

AC III
Main theme
Connor┤s life
The battle of breed hill
Ratonhaketon
Welcome to Boston
Speck of dust
Battle at sea

ACL
Main theme
Secrets of the bayou
Society Suite in 4 Movements
Mayan Ruins

AC4
Main theme
Spanish Empire
I┤ll be with you
The buccaners
Marked for death
The british empire
Meet the sage
The islands of the west indies.

Consus_E
12-18-2013, 02:13 AM
For me it's a tie between the AC:R main theme and the AC4:BF main theme.
In general I'm a fan of Brian Tyler's work...

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 03:13 AM
I agree, although if I have to choose the AC I / Altair┤s theme, Access the animus is the winner.....

In terms of what is my favorite???? PRETTY tough decision, AC II and AC IV as a whole, but I love ACR, AC I greatly, ACB and ACIII are not that good in humble opinion.

Here, some of my overall preferred tracks:

You missed out ToKW's soundtrack, since you mentioned all the other soundtracks. What songs did you like from there? :(

Didn't you like the Homestead song from the AC3 soundtrack?? That homestead song is beautiful.

Megas_Doux
12-18-2013, 03:26 AM
You missed out ToKW's soundtrack, since you mentioned all the other soundtracks. What songs did you like from there? :(

Didn't you like the Homestead song from the AC3 soundtrack?? That homestead song is beautiful.

True!

I forgot those, my bad, so it would be:

RatonhnhakÚ ton
King Washington
Frozen
Winter┤s grasp.

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 03:36 AM
True!

I forgot those, my bad, so it would be:

RatonhnhakÚ ton
King Washington
Frozen
Winter┤s grasp.
It;s okay, I agree with you on those those songs are fantastic from ToKW. All of them fit the theme of ToKW so well, Frozen & Winter's Grasp always make me feel cold when I listen to them. ToKW soundtrack relly captures everything about the game with the songs Lorne Balfe created an amazing soundtrack, which is why I prefer this soundtrack & AC3 more than AC2.

pirate1802
12-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Access the Animus. Thats one track that will never be beaten (for me) and the one track that defines AC for me. dem chills when you escape an assassination scene and that music plays. That awesome feel I didn't have in any other AC game save for a few escapes in AC IV. But the AC IV escape music is a little peppy. AC 1's escape music is heartpounding.

I can't really tell if AC4 has a better or worse music than the rest but I can say for sure that even if AC4 tracks arent as good as Kyd's work, Tyler certainly did his part to keep up with the general quality of music expected of AC games, thats for sure. A lot of memorable tracks from this game. I'll be there with you, Spanish Empire, British Empire, End of the World, Marked for Death, Pyrates Beware! off the top of my head. These were excellent tracks and symbolize AC4 for me.

People need to look into what they are talking about. AC2 ACB and ACR all by this award winnign composer: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jesper_Kyd

AC3 and 4, i'm sorry they don't compare. I like them sure. Technically if nothign else the AC2 series sound track had so much focus on quality it was uncanny.

The sea shanties are excellent in Ac4, don't get me wrong, but it is simply not as epic as the formentioned installment of AC.

Everyone has an opinion, and of course you may prefer different to my point of view. I still suggest though someone stating AC3 or 4's sound track is better can't have paid as much attention to the soundtrack of those games as I have, it's not hard to see the difference in variety and effort. It really isn't!

Lorne Balfe who solo'd AC 3 (after Kyd not returning), is an excellent composer, but he's rushed the work for Ac3. You can tell easily, which is like most of the game tbh.

Have you ever heard, that people like to think differently? I don't think people need to be schooled about Kyd, Balfe and Tyler. They know what they are talking about.

I personally think, apart from one or two Brotherhood tracks, nothing noteworthy in that game. The music was hugely overrated, just like the game itself. But hey, that's just my opinion, don't go all you-know-nothing on me! :D Revelations though? Yeah masterpiece. Btw the sea shanties were not supposed to sound epic. Just a few lines sang by drunken pirates when idling on ships. Not sure how one can compare those to the regular tracks of past games.

Anyhoo, am I the only one who simply adores those songs played at the taverns? Especially the ones sang by the women. Whenever I'm in the vicinity of one, and hear those song being sung, I run over to the tavern, stand and listen to them and dont leave until the song is finished. :D

roostersrule2
12-18-2013, 06:32 AM
I rate all the OST's equally.

AC1 had the most atmospheric OST, like the Jerusalem and Damascus themes and Access the Animus were all amazing, especially the latter.
AC2's OST suited the time period the most and was just stunning, if I really had to choose one that was my favourite it'd be this one, just.
ACB's was hit and miss but had some legendary tracks like City of Rome, Inside the Apple Chamber and The Escape theme are some of magical themes by Jesper Kyd.
ACR's was by both Lorne and Jesper and it worked brilliantly, I think Ubi should have kept this partnership for all the games really. Jesper can create so much feel through his music and it builds atmosphere while Lorne has the ability to make big epic music like Hans Zimmer does. If Ubi made it so Kyd does the gameplay music and Balfe does the cutscene music everything would be perfect.
AC3 had the big, loud, set piece music. Such themes as Trouble in Town, Welcome to Boston, Through the Frontier etc. were all amazing and had a movie quality soundtrack rather then a game one. The TOKW OST was breathtaking Raton:uedhejkdc or however you spell it is one of AC's best songs.
AC4's OST gave a feeling of being on the open seas and the sea shanties were definitely a plus, I couldn't see the game without them TBH.

Fatal-Feit
12-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Anyone else listened to Modernity in AC:IV? From what I remember, it only comes up when you switch to MP. I really like this one a lot and I think it's worth mentioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAU89sMVu38

SixKeys
12-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Anyone else listened to Modernity in AC:IV? From what I remember, it only comes up when you switch to MP. I really like this one a lot and I think it's worth mentioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAU89sMVu38

I like that one too. I don't remember hearing the first half in the game at all though, the second half is clearly from when you get locked up.

phoenix-force411
12-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Let's just say each artist has their own strengths in what they do.

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Without a doubt, it’s AC:Revelations.
The best sounds both for a game’s soundtrack that suit the atmosphere or an album to play in the background or on your iPod.

The historical portion had really great sounds. The Desmond’s Journey and The Lost Archive were EARGASMIC! I really wish they released an album for those two because they were just perfect.

Here’s a list of my overall favorite songs from AC soundtracks:

1. The Revelation - AC:R
2. Earth - ACII
3. The Lost Archive/Bleeding Effect - AC:R
4. Desmond Miles - AC:B
5. Assassin’s Creed Theme + Enough For One Life - AC:R
6. Labored & Lost - AC:R
7. The Brotherhood Escapes - AC:B
8. Ezio’s Family - ACII
9. City of Jerusalem - ACI
10. What Came Before - ACIII
11. Trouble In Town - ACIII
12. Desmond’s Journey - AC:R
13. Modernity - ACIV:BF
14. RatonhnhakÚ:ton - ACIII:ToKW
15. Apple Chamber - AC:B

MinoDan
12-18-2013, 01:45 PM

Templar please! The standout tracks on AC:R ARE by Lorne Balfe!

I love Jesper Kyds work for the franchise just as much as any other AC fan but seriously Tyler's "Black Flag" is by far this franchises magnum opus.

And to be honest....Kyd didn't even write a proper Main Theme for first Assassin's Creed.