PDA

View Full Version : (PC) How to download Freedom Cry DLC?

Knacki1978
12-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Hello,

how will we be able to download Freedom Cry? Will AC4 automatically update itself? Or is there a separate installer?

Please advise.

PhazeDelta1
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
It'll download automatically via Steam if you purchased the game through there. Not sure how it works with Uplay.

thesaint1965
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Anyone have any idea it is released today on pc?

Knacki1978
12-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Uplay method?

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I was wondering this also, what's the Uplay method for downloading Freedom Cry?

thesaint1965
12-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Don't think anyone knows....

HypeR.tgL
12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
It should just automatically install once it becomes available on Uplay, just like AC3's episodic DLC.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 12:17 PM
It should just automatically install once it becomes available on Uplay, just like AC3's episodic DLC.
See the thing is the Freedom Cry DLC hasn't installed automatically for the Uplay PC version. I bought the season pass months ago.

PhazeDelta1
12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
See the thing is the Freedom Cry DLC hasn't installed automatically for the Uplay PC version. I bought the season pass months ago.

That's because it's not released yet.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 12:20 PM
the update, killed save games,
look in the forum , about 30 threads about our saves gettin ruined as they have disabled synching on ac4

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 12:52 PM
That's because it's not released yet.
Freedom Cry has been released today.. for most consoles. The announcement said that PC will be available as well today.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 01:03 PM
My Steam copy is updating right now, 1/3 done so far. I play with Steam in offline mode and Uplay online, but when I update game content I run Steam by itself (in online mode of course) to minimize any chance of file corruption.

I'll let you know how it goes once it's done.

Sdwakias
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM
the update, killed save games,
look in the forum , about 30 threads about our saves gettin ruined as they have disabled synching on ac4

Actually most of them are about not being able to retrieve the save games from the cloud servers after formating our PCs, and it has nothing to do with the latest update. The only problem may be that the cloud wasn't getting the saves for a long time, and the saves were stored only physically on our computers. Those who say their saves were gone without having deleted their games by any way, are probably liars or had a problem with their PCs. There are only two ways for that to happen, the system by itself deleted the save games, something that CAN happen, and has happened to me in other games, by other companies, OR if their games were corrupted, but not disappeared.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Well my copy of AC IV updated via Steam and it must have been a pretty large file because it took at least a half hour at 7MB, but so far I see no Freedom Cry, so I'm not sure what it was.

On a side note, I got my Initiates account started and it recognized some mission progression but when I went to redeem the splitblood and blackskull sail pack that comes with the assassin outfit, it wouldn't accept the code it gave me to enter. I guess this is the pains of them going through alpha stage on it still. A bit disconcerting that the PC support link takes you to a broken page though.

Coolboy52
12-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Ubisoft... Come on and release it for PC please, as you promised!
It's still not in my DLC list in Uplay

Knacki1978
12-17-2013, 03:22 PM
That would be around 12GB which seems a bit heavy for a 9 mission DLC...

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 03:24 PM
That would be around 12GB which seems a bit heavy for a 9 mission DLC...
Where did you start downloading Freedom Cry? I bought my season pass directly from Uplay & it's still not there! :(

Coolboy52
12-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Where did you start downloading Freedom Cry? I bought my season pass directly from Uplay & it's still not there! :(
Ubisoft: Please tell us where and when to get Freedom Cry for PC!

Xessive
12-17-2013, 03:51 PM
There was a ~2GB download on Uplay a couple of days ago, I assumed it was related to Freedom Cry. I'm still not able to play it though.

Where will it show up in the game menu? Where the Aveline section appears? When you select that it brings up a menu with one item "Aveline," it just looks like it was set up in such way that new entries will appear there.

Kujomanji
12-17-2013, 03:57 PM
December 17, 15:57 local time. Europe, The Netherlands. Nothing on uPlay or Steam yet.

Would be nice if Ubisoft could come forward providing some kind of update.

thesaint1965
12-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Ubi soft in public relations cockup..... nothing new there then.
December 17, 15:57 local time. Europe, The Netherlands. Nothing on uPlay or Steam yet.

Would be nice if Ubisoft could come forward providing some kind of update.

FRG_Hamza
12-17-2013, 05:02 PM
17:02 The netherlands... Still no freedom cry update when will PC users be able to download this?

Coolboy52
12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
17:02 The netherlands... Still no freedom cry update when will PC users be able to download this?

I've been asking that myself for the past 7 hours! Please Ubisoft: Release Freedom Cry DLC for PC today, as you promised!
I completed the main story. So I'm craving for Freedom Cry!
A Belgian player.

YazX_
12-17-2013, 05:05 PM

Nope, AC3 DLCs distributed by using download links sent to customers' emails and plenty of them complained for not receiving any emails and forced to contact support to get download links. if things went the same route as AC3, it would be the same story and expect to find lots of threads about people not getting download links.

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Jeez, people. If it is the first time you buy a DLC from Ubisoft, then I understand the confusion. Ubishop won't be updating for at least one more hour. It usually updates around 8:00 pm local time (6:43 local time while writing this).
The Tyranny of King Washington episodes were downloaded through a link we were sent in the e-mail address associated with our account. However, I believe (I am not sure) that Ubisoft recently changed their DLC downloading policy, since Blackbeard's Wrath (AC4) and Homeland Security DLCs (Splinter Cell) were automatically downloaded by the Uplay launcher. Keep an eye on your e-mails and launch the game every 30 mintues to see if there is an update.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Guys,

Please see the following statement about the release of the DLC on PC:

“The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

PhazeDelta1
12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
So it's been delayed? LOL whay am I not surprised?

Brostok
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
As usual -_-

What Ubisoft is doing since the beginning is a middle finger pointed directly to the PC community.
It's really getting annoying.

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Nice of ubisoft to do this LAST MINUTE!!!!!

Hi Guys,

“The PC version of the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag will release in the coming days. We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans.”

Uranus888
12-17-2013, 06:10 PM
MR_Shade, you just ruined our day :confused:

thesaint1965
12-17-2013, 06:12 PM
The pc version will be held back so can take the Micheal and polish the turd that we dish out to our pc customers.
Hi Guys,

Boghtdrincker
12-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Ubisoft had plenty of time for a spit and polish session. I might be one of those rare type of gamers that absolutely don't give a rats arse about graphics, i just want the dlc up and ready and killing templars the assassin way.

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
THIS v

Ubisoft had plenty of time for a spit and polish session. I might be one of those rare type of gamers that abo****ely don't give a rats arse about graphics, i just want the dlc up and ready and killing templars the assassin way.

Xessive
12-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Wasn't one of those expectations getting the DLC today?

It's not as though we made a wild assumption; Ubisoft set that expectation and gave us a date.

Nonetheless, thanks for the info, Mr_Shade.

Kujomanji
12-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Wonderful. Perhaps they'll (the team) throw in a community challenge that only applies to having Freedom Cry installed and thus PC users are being left out again.

Very dissapointed with this to say the least. Obviously it wasn't known yesterday the PC version needed polish...

Tr3voRR9999
12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I can't believe this BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it that hard to stick to the freaking date announced ! Now I have to wait more time ! I am tired of UBis BS ! they can't for the life of them make initiate work correctly and now the DLC ! This is false advertisement ! they said the 17th I want my money back now !

BusterEatsBread
12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
"final layer of polish" = we gave you false information because we don't really care about your platform and will release a buggy, poorly optimized mess when we fee like it because we still want your money

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I am once more surprised by the unprofessionalism shown by the biggest game developping company in the world.
However, if the game ends up being polished and without the framerate issues that plagued the main campaign, I will be more than happy to thank Ubisoft for taking their time with it. If the PhysX patch accompanies it, even better.
But, if they take more than a week and / or there is no real effort in the optimisation, I will personally create a thread, so that we can all whine about how much "uBi sux".

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
false advertising at its finest. i have seen so many variations graphically showing pc release as today.

Tr3voRR9999
12-17-2013, 06:27 PM
They're a bunch of con artist ! they make you pay all the content months ago and they still can't respect and honored the release date they announced ! It's on a freaking trailer (means people might have bought it because of it, but I bet you anything that when they released the trailer they already knew they were going to pushed it back).

FALSE ADVERTISMENT ! CON ARTIST ! and they can't even release an official statement these bastards.

TorQue1988
12-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Not surprising at all, i knew there was something fishy about that promotional picture that only listed consoles and not PC.
And when can we expect it then? How about a normal concrete answer and not "in the coming days"???

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Not surprising at all, i knew there was something fishy about that promotional picture that only listed consoles and not PC.
And when can we expect it then? How about a normal concrete answer and not "in the coming days"???
"In the coming days" suits the company's profile fine. Reminds me of another game that was to be released some time ago, but it is now releasing "sometime in spring 2014" :p .

Tr3voRR9999
12-17-2013, 06:33 PM
BTW you know how lazy UBISOFT is, they freaking re-hashed the Jackdaw for the Experto Crede.... lazy *** dev team... You can watch on youtube the full walk-through that has been out for 4-5 days already... and yet it's pushed on PC...

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 06:33 PM
out of all of the images/trailers released...it is the ONLY one devoid of pc

Uranus888
12-17-2013, 06:42 PM
...or NVIDIA didn't transfer the $$$ in time so Ubi delayed the PC version ;-)

Mr_Shade, why do you guys always do this to us poor PC ppl?

Respecting deadlines is something every student learns on the first semesters of Enterprise management :-)

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
everyone you know tht bought dlc or seasons or gold, make sure they get to this post to show ubi how pissed we are!

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
everyone you know tht bought dlc or seasons or gold, make sure they get to this post to show ubi how pissed we are!
I am not really pissed... not yet. They might indeed do some polishing in the game and the delay might indeed be a few days. Until I am certain that these circumstances are not met, I see this incident as a casual PC delay.

Call Woodes Rogers to support your opinion:
"We are messengers, not executioners... Not yet"
I laughed so hard with myself when I thought of that :o .

Papa_Igor
12-17-2013, 06:50 PM
MR_Shade, you just ruined our day :confused:

Ubisoft did actually, not him.

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Ubisoft did actually, not him.
But he was the messenger. In ancient Greece, messengers of bad facts were sometimes killed on the spot. That is why the motive for giving a message to a lord or king started with a plea for the messenger's life.

Uranus888
12-17-2013, 06:57 PM
But he was the messenger. In ancient Greece, messengers of bad facts were sometimes killed on the spot. That is why the motive for giving a message to a lord or king started with a plea for the messenger's life.

Yeah. I really feel for Mr_Shade or any other support person who acts as Interface between Ubisoft and the clients because they are usually not responsible for these things but the management board though they are the ones that always get the full load of frustration and have to deal with it the best way. Not always an easy task. Actually they should be the best paid staff ;-)

YazX_
12-17-2013, 07:11 PM
...or NVIDIA didn't transfer the $$$ in time so Ubi delayed the PC version ;-)

hahahhaha, seems a legit reason to me.

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 07:13 PM
lets blow this thread up! ubi we are tired of taking a backseat to consoles! at the least, you should have released a statement weeks ago!

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 07:18 PM
lets blow this thread up! ubi we are tired of taking a backseat to consoles! at the least, you should have released a statement weeks ago!
How could they maintain a better image? Announce a delay 2 weeks ago and in the meantime having to deal with dozens of posts cursing them OR announce a last minute delay, take us by surprise and give us the game 3 days later?
It might not actually be totally Ubisoft's fault. Maybe Nvidia is planning to release a new driver / PhysX update for the game in the coming days and therefore they wanted to combine the release of the DLC with some added features to the game.

jaap888
12-17-2013, 07:27 PM
now let's just relax guys, shade can't help it either. There is a perfect explanation for this. Better release at a few days later than getting an unfinished product.

AherasSTRG
12-17-2013, 07:32 PM
now let's just relax guys, shade can't help it either. There is a perfect explanation for this. Better release at a few days later than getting an unfinished product.
I agree. The only part that worries me is the "at a few days". Dowloading DLCs is not the type of thing I imagine myself doing on Christmass' Eve. They better release it this week !

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Announcing a delay on the day of release is some real BS, but if I don't have a choice I can stand to wait a few days. It sucks cause I had just finished 4 last night in preparation to start the DLC today. Waiting til today to reveal this shows disregard for the customers, not cool.

Wouldn't it be great if they delayed this to work on fixing the community events?

iNvid22
12-17-2013, 07:47 PM
i aint even mad, walking dead season 2 comes out today

Uranus888
12-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry but this is a complete "BS" (sorry I usually don't use these terms but I have no other for these kind of comments) because the product is not "polished" and surely not developed in the release day/ also not produced in the last minutes before the release without testing , specially not such a big DLC, so the strategy that I believe was more the one of the "oh damn, do we want to get flamed by hundreds of furious clients spamming all available Support channels already weeks before the delayed release, or do we take the surprise way and get flamed during 2-3 days".

What Ubi can do is, again, say sorry that the deadlines and so many other stuff in this enterprise doesn't work and hope for the understanding of their clients.

And, again, Mr_Shade and the other members of the Support team, this is, of course not directed to you guys because you can do few to avoid these issues.

EDIT:

But I have a suggestion that might calm down all furious clients :-)

Ubi should create a mod and Event for Multiplayer where all targets are replaced with all Ubisoft Management Board members ;-)

Anykeyer
12-17-2013, 08:36 PM
This is just funny. The most ridiculous fact is the official announcement that came yesterday promising today's release. In Ubisoft's case it cant be something they discovered in the last minute. They never do, they always release something that breaks their product without the second though. So obviously they knew about delay, they just didnt give enough crap to actually edit press release.

Ubisoft, while you're at it dont forget to start (and end) single player community challenge requiring this DLC, before PC release ofc. Thanks in advance, I will laught a lot.

andrewmemorex
12-17-2013, 09:34 PM
And a merry up ***** to pc users

MnemonicSyntax
12-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi Guys,

Isn't the expectation to get something when we're told it's being released, the night before even?

That's what I expected anyway.

Well, at least Finals are over. Le sigh.

lsgnobody
12-17-2013, 10:24 PM
You know... When someone at my office doesn't meet deadlines like this (like 3, 4 in a row?), they're fired.
You are NOT allowed to borrow our season pass money for longer than you agreed on.

Alejandro.1977
12-17-2013, 10:39 PM
to everyone saying chill... we are not addressing shade. this goes to UBISOFT

Vorrque
12-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Well, I waited like 14 years for Duke Nukem Forever, I can wait few days for Freedom Cry I guess :cool:

Alejandro.1977
12-18-2013, 01:05 AM
i agree.
however, there are stacks of posts, tweets, fb updates, banners...EVERYWHERE that say it is here today.
thats what we are discussing. the betrayal of announcing it when we are supposed to be opening our presents that christmas is delayed

Bothain
12-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Translated: We have a major screwup in the PC DLC and are trying to find and solve the problem with the limited resources we have available, no eta on a release time.

See UBI, how hard is the truth?

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Translated: We have a major screwup in the PC DLC and are trying to find and solve the problem with the limited resources we have available, no eta on a release time.

See UBI, how hard is the truth?
I would have had a better response to this than to Shade's post. If they found a screw up at the last minute then okay, fix it... but this comes across like they knew they weren't going to make the release day and just trying to fool us til the last second. Whatever, I will wait. Obviously.

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 01:21 AM
We are taking the extra time to apply a final layer of polish to ensure that it meets the expectations of our fans

Yeah they need to edit out the part where Adewale freezes during a finishing kill, unable to fire the blunderbuss, and curses Ubi for making him look bad. LOL

Xoah_Wolfcry
12-18-2013, 05:28 AM
well... i wasn't really expecting DLC til January anyway...

I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one... :D

DracoLeviathan
12-18-2013, 06:49 AM
The sad thing is: The PC version of the DLC will launch with every single bug from the console versions still present. This imaginary "polish" is just a pseudonym in PR-speak for some form of game-breaking error specific to PCs that they are now scrambling to resolve. Rest assured, nothing will be improved upon from all of the other versions. If anything, we'll get a few more bugs that the others don't suffer from.

Sounds pessimistic, and vitriolic, and conspiratorial, I know...That doesn't change the fact that my experience over the past 20 years of gaming has left me with a keen insight into these matters that is rarely proven wrong.

SixKeys
12-18-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm used to Ubi ****ing up their customer relations by now, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. If you can't deliver a product on time, LET YOUR CUSTOMERS KNOW IN ADVANCE. Basic rule of sales conduct. Not like I was super excited about this DLC, but I was looking forward to playing it before going away for the holidays at least. I would have been perfectly fine with the delay if you had told us about it more than one day before release.

I'm THIS close to filing a formal complaint. The continued lack of communication with your customers is simply unacceptable.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I would have been perfectly fine with the delay if you had told us about it more than one day before release.

They didn't even give us a day before release, they told us on the day of release after people complained they couldn't find it anywhere. Pretty unacceptable. Has there even been an official statement about this, or just Mr Shade's post?

Bobfish_Almight
12-18-2013, 09:15 AM
So you decide to tell us this at almost 1800 on the day of release?

That's bull****

EDIT: You're supposed to be trying to IMprove your relationship with PC gamers you dishonest t**ts

HypeR.tgL
12-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Ahh this sucks, why did I buy a season pass... I can be such a wumbo sometimes..

fiika
12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
mmmm... quite the bummer about the delay but I'll go visit a friend or go for a walk or catch up on some real life. Not going to let this 1st world problem ruin my day.

Shifty-Gears
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM
I for one will never ever buy another ubisoft game, there are far too many games out there to waste my time with ubisoft and their bs chit

PhazeDelta1
12-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Maybe Ubisoft should just stick to developing for consoles and leave the PC gaming to the professionals.

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Maybe Ubisoft should just stick to developing for consoles and leave the PC gaming to the professionals.
That will never happen. Ubisoft are dedicated in bringing the best experience they can to PC gamers. All the PC versions of AC games have always looked the most beautiful when compared to the console versions.

As I'm a PC & Console gamer I have always preferred the PC versions of AC games.

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 02:05 PM
!!!!!important update!!!!!!!
4 hours ago someone asked ubisoft's twitter "when will freedom cry be available for the pc"
ubisoft's answer: "the team is finalising it at the moment. It will be available very shortly"
i am right now downloading a 5 gigabyte patch on my uplay launcher.

Spirit____
12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
It stops at 99% no ? That what's happened for some people

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 02:37 PM
It stops at 99% no ? That what's happened for some people
Haven't seen a single post about that. 2 guys on another thread are playing the game normally. I am still at 93%. I will update the thread if I get stuck as well.

TuborG49
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Count me in too .... Stops at 99% for me ..

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Count me in too .... Stops at 99% for me ..
This is troubling news. 95% here atm.

TuborG49
12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
hm ... Now they have updated the Uplay, but I'm still stuck at 99% on patch ..

Adamed91
12-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Hmm do you guys have AC on Uplay? I have it on Steam and have restarted it a few times but haven't got a 5GB patch or anything?

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I have it on Uplay.

TuborG49
12-18-2013, 03:04 PM
I have it also on Uplay ....

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 03:05 PM
99%, 27009 / 27011 MB. WAIT, WAIT, it just rised to 27010 after 3 minutes of doing nothing! It must be a server issue.

AherasSTRG
12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Done, Freedom Cry is available to play. Have fun, people!

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 04:22 PM
the DLC update is still not available in germany :-)

MrLee95
12-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Done, Freedom Cry is available to play. Have fun, people!

Not for Steam people it isnt but Uplay it is.....

sigh

Black_Echo
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
I have Uplay version with Season Pass - No patch or DLC yet.

BalefulMongoose
12-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, no update in the UK yet, are the people who downloaded it in the US or something? Though I wouldn't have thought that would matter.

Arnaas12
12-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Started downloading the DLC here in Hungary but stuck at 99% :(

Fireseed
12-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Could please anybody post the changelog, if a new update come along with this DLC. The txt file is located in the support folder of the game.

n3mur1t0r
12-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Dunno if this is it, but here goes:

################################################## ##############################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag v1.03
################################################## ##############################
Change Artifact Assault default zone size from 5m to 6m
Double XP weekend time issue fix.
Fixed nVidia Surround Portrait mode for 16:10 monitors.
Fixed ‘Controller mapping’ translation in Russian localization
Fixed Group Management screen glitch
Minor UI fixes
Minor Matchmaking fixes

By the way, does anybody have a link to the ACTUAL DLC? Not the Season Pass? I'd like to only purchase the DLC.

Mr_Shade
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM

By the way, does anybody have a link to the ACTUAL DLC? Not the Season Pass? I'd like to only purchase the DLC.DLC will be available in the Uplay store / In game additional content menu.

However different regions may see it there at different times, so please just keep checking.

Steam normally update their stores /games at approx 6pm GMT

n3mur1t0r
12-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Speaking of which, for me, the Additional Content menu in-game only brings up the Uplay overlay, just like hitting Shift+F2. Is this normal?

Fireseed
12-18-2013, 05:28 PM

By the way, does anybody have a link to the ACTUAL DLC? Not the Season Pass? I'd like to only purchase the DLC.

Yep, that´s it. So it seems no new update until now :(
But thanks anyway for doing this.

Bloodyfox1212
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Czech republic also stuck at 99% of downloading DLC since 14,00 CET even after updating Uplay and redownloading DLC... :nonchalance: Does anyone has a solution or it is as ussual Ubisoft doesn´t give a f... about PC players?

Mr_Shade
12-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Czech republic also stuck at 99% of downloading DLC since 14,00 CET even after updating Uplay and redownloading DLC... :nonchalance: Does anyone has a solution or it is as ussual Ubisoft doesn´t give a f... about PC players?
Have you tried rebooting?

If you have - please make sure you contact support..

www.support.ubi.com

WarlordSpinal
12-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Greetings.

I'm in the same boat as a few other people. The DLC is listed under my "Additional content" tab in UPlay, but I did not receive a bigger 5GB update. I have the Steam Digital Deluxe, as well as the Season Pass.

I assume It's a matter of different timezones? Since Steam updates at about 6PM GMT, from what I've read on the official Black Flag Discussions in the Community Hub.

Another hour, then. Very nice.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I have Uplay version with Season Pass - No patch or DLC yet.

... same with me, I am on the UPLAY Version with Season's Pass = No "Freedom Cry" DLC in-game what-so-ever.
... the UPLAY merely displays that I "own" the "Freedom Cry" DLC on the "DLC owned List", like a total joke.

Bloodyfox1212
12-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Have you tried rebooting?

If you have - please make sure you contact support..

www.support.ubi.com

Of course I tried rebooting, is it that big problem to try solute this here than individualy saying we cannot help u in support section?

medavroog
12-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Of course I tried rebooting, is it that big problem to try solute this here than individualy saying we cannot help u in support section?

... takový je život.

Bloodyfox1212
12-18-2013, 06:30 PM
To nie je život, ale to je Ubisoft a Uplay, so všetkými dielmi AC bol vždy problém... :(

medavroog
12-18-2013, 06:39 PM
To nie je život, ale to je Ubisoft a Uplay, so všetkými dielmi AC bol vždy problém... :(

Despite I agree with you, but we still have to face the reality ...
... we are "powerless" in this situation.

Adamed91
12-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Steam store has just updated and still no Freedom Cry download -_-

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Just as curiosity: everybody who still didn't get the update have almost for sure the Digital Deluxe Version + Season pass (or the Gold Edition), am I right?

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 07:07 PM

The forums aren't primarily for tech support unless it's peer to peer. Support is the best way to resolve the issues people have.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Steam started downloading a 603MB update, wish I had known it was such a short delay, wouldn't have said some angry things here yesterday. Ubisoft could do better at communicating to customers. Mr Shade does what he can.

Edit, apparently the update I downloaded is not the DLC, that's disappointing but knowing that it actually exists and is being played by Uplay users, I'm not concerned, I expect it will be available on Steam by the end of the day.

Adamed91
12-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Just as curiosity: everybody who still didn't get the update have almost for sure the Digital Deluxe Version + Season pass (or the Gold Edition), am I right?

Yeah I have the Steam digi deluxe and then bought the SP

Kujomanji
12-18-2013, 07:15 PM
19:15 local time here and nothing on Steam yet

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 07:17 PM
@Fix1o0

Digital Deluxe Edition + Season pass combination (or Gold Edition)?

medavroog
12-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Steam started downloading a 603MB update, wish I had known it was such a short delay, wouldn't have said some angry things here yesterday. Ubisoft could do better at communicating to customers. Mr Shade does what he can.

I am on the UPLAY Version, I do NOT use STEAM ... and thus, Mr. Shade could still have done a much better job because my issue, as well as many of us, are NOT STEAM but SOLO UPLAY. When it comes to SOLO UPLAY, UbiSoft has no excuse ... and a mere response of "WAIT, It will EVENTUALLY be There" from the staff is surely up for rants ... and a comment of "STEAM Will Update Soon" for SOLO UPLAY users ... well, hello? we do NOT use STEAM!

Kujomanji
12-18-2013, 07:24 PM
@Fix1o0

Digital Deluxe Edition + Season pass combination (or Gold Edition)?

I have the standard edition and bought the season pass separately a few days ago. Both on Steam. Activated the codes and everything on uPlay.

Ice.T.
12-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Still nothing. Stucked at 99%, at the last MB of the download... ridiculous. From Hungary, GMT+1, 19:34.

D-Kruger
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
No download at all for me. Digital Deluxe + Season pass.

stalkermd
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I just downloaded the DLC (I have the season pass) and it is running fine for me. I'm in the US. Great story so far and gameplay is so far just like Black Flag. Very cool. Despite the audio is not synced with the video during conversations.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 07:52 PM
I am on the UPLAY Version, I do NOT use STEAM ... and thus, Mr. Shade could still have done a much better job because my issue, as well as many of us, are NOT STEAM but SOLO UPLAY. When it comes to SOLO UPLAY, UbiSoft has no excuse ... and a mere response of "WAIT, It will EVENTUALLY be There" from the staff is surely up for rants ... and a comment of "STEAM Will Update Soon" for SOLO UPLAY users ... well, hello? we do NOT use STEAM!
The problem comes from higher up than Mr Shade, he is doing what he can. I didn't say there is no problem, but it's over his head.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
The problem comes from higher up than Mr Shade, he is doing what he can. I didn't say there is no problem, but it's over his head.

You do have a point and, I do agree with you ... BUT! ... this issue isn't really "over his head" for Mr. Shade: Mr. Shade could, and can, sum-up our reports and issues ... and then give the total report to the "higher-ups" ... as well as give us a note that this is been done ... and add to the note when there are response from the "higher-ups". However, instead of such, we are given a mere "WAIT, It will EVENTUALLY be There" ...etc. response. So, that is that. Of course, there will always be thousands of excuses and reasons for "not doing this service" ... such as "please use the support ticket", such as "this is not my job" ... etc.

Millda4
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
I am just wanna say I have same prob with downloading this DLC so I have to wait when Ubi will fix it what else :-)))))))))))))))

Bloodyfox1212
12-18-2013, 08:20 PM
I just downloaded the DLC (I have the season pass) and it is running fine for me. I'm in the US. Great story so far and gameplay is so far just like Black Flag. Very cool. Despite the audio is not synced with the video during conversations.

Well if this was at 6.49 PM in the US, in the EU I will be today late night I guess... So of course as always we in the EU have to wait.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-18-2013, 08:32 PM
You do have a point and, I do agree with you ... BUT! ... this issue isn't really "over his head" for Mr. Shade: Mr. Shade could, and can, sum-up our reports and issues ... and then give the total report to the "higher-ups" ... as well as give us a note that this is been done ... and add to the note when there are response from the "higher-ups". However, instead of such, we are given a mere "WAIT, It will EVENTUALLY be There" ...etc. response. So, that is that. Of course, there will always be thousands of excuses and reasons for "not doing this service" ... such as "please use the support ticket", such as "this is not my job" ... etc.
The way I see it, the info he gave us was what he's been told. I have seen him pass complaints up the ladder before. My take on it is that he does what he can and shares what he knows, to the extent he's allowed to. I didn't mean to get into a defend Mr Shade debate, my main point was just that communication from Ubisoft could be better and that if they'd told us it would only be a one day delay people wouldn't have been so upset.

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 08:39 PM
I am just wanna say I have same prob with downloading this DLC so I have to wait when Ubi will fix it what else :-)))))))))))))))
Where is the download available? Can't see the download link from my purchase history from Uplay store. :(

I have the season pass.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 08:41 PM
The way I see it, the info he gave us was what he's been told. I have seen him pass complaints up the ladder before. My take on it is that he does what he can and shares what he knows, to the extent he's allowed to. I didn't mean to get into a defend Mr Shade debate, my main point was just that communication from Ubisoft could be better and that if they'd told us it would only be a one day delay people wouldn't have been so upset.

Alright, you have a point well made, and I have to agree with what you stated.

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 08:51 PM

But it's not his job. That's what Support IS for. It keeps track of issues and files cases in a manner based on importance. If a lot of people are having an issue, then it will get noticed quicker.

Compared to some of the real problems around here, not getting a DLC isn't high on the list, especially when it's a matter of time when it's released.

n3mur1t0r
12-18-2013, 09:03 PM
So is the DLC working for anybody who is Uplay-only? (e.g. not Steam)

adventurewomen
12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Not working for me, I have the Uplay only version I can't see the download link anywhere! :(

huron30
12-18-2013, 09:36 PM
hola,yo lo he comprado ahora,hace 1 hora mas o menos y lo estoy descargando,uso uplay y no he tenido ningun problema,al darle al boton de jugar a 1 jugador se ha abierto la ventana de parches y hay me a dado la opcion de iniciar la descarga,espero haberte ayudado.
Hello, I have now purchased 1 hour or so ago and am downloading, use Uplay and I have not had any problems, to give the button to play 1 player has opened the window and there patches given me the option to start the download, hope I've helped.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 09:36 PM
But it's not his job. That's what Support IS for. It keeps track of issues and files cases in a manner based on importance. If a lot of people are having an issue, then it will get noticed quicker.

Compared to some of the real problems around here, not getting a DLC isn't high on the list, especially when it's a matter of time when it's released.

On the other thread you asked me for the proof of your personal attacks against me ... shall you still cannot see your ever repeating negative comments directed at me as attacks ... I fail to understand what else am I suppose to show you ...
... or perhaps, you are made that request as a mockery.

Shall you indeed have an issue with me and against me ... let's take it into the PM (Private Message), and leave the threads cleaner ... shall we?

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 09:57 PM

The DLC is working for ppl that don't have DDE+ SP or Gold or other digital version from Uplay, for example Bucaneer Edition.

Ppl who has DDE+SP cannot access to the DLC for whatever reason.

Maybe Mr Shade can ask the Tech Team if there is a problem with this Product combination.

stalkermd
12-18-2013, 10:27 PM
All I had to do was start the Uplay desktop app and the download started. Maybe close Uplay and reopen it.

Black_Echo
12-18-2013, 10:38 PM
The DLC is working for ppl that don't have DDE+ SP or Gold or other digital version from Uplay, for example Bucaneer Edition.

Ppl who has DDE+SP cannot access to the DLC for whatever reason.

Maybe Mr Shade can ask the Tech Team if there is a problem with this Product combination.

I guess you are right Digital Deluxe + Season Pass here and i don't even have v1.04 not to mention the DLC.

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 10:39 PM
@stalkermd that is not the issue, all ppl who have the DDE (Digital Deluxe Edition) + Season pass (from Uplay) are not getting the patch. Or do you have this combination and got the patch + DLC?

We all got an Uplay Update today, the DLC is listed as "Owned" under "DLC" but the patch didn't come and also not the DLC download

stalkermd
12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
@stalkermd that is not the issue, all ppl who have the DDE (Digital Deluxe Edition) + Season pass (from Uplay) are not getting the patch. Or do you have this combination and got the patch + DLC?

We all got an Uplay Update today, the DLC is listed as "Owned" under "DLC" but the patch didn't come and also not the DLC download

Oh Ok I have the Limited Edition + Season Pass (from Uplay).

medavroog
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM

... indeed, THIS is the issue WE ALL are having.
... some trolls on the threads mock us as "impatient" and claims the DLC is not yet out ... to those trolls: the DLC is ALREADY OUT! ... or else, why do we got pple having it? ... it is those of us NOT getting what we paid for ... thus, our anger is justified.

Sandcracka
12-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Not trying to troll, but I am downloading the patch on pc as we speak. Remember that you have to press the play button in order for the patch to initialize and start downloading. Which, in my opinion is a dumb idea. When someone presses the play button, 99.9% of the time I'm pretty sure they are trying to play their game. Not pressing play in order to sit and wait for a large patch to finish downloading. Patches should be installed automatically, so long as Uplay is open. That way, the game is ready to play when the person wants to play.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Not trying to troll, but I am downloading the patch on pc as we speak. Remember that you have to press the play button in order for the patch to initialize and start downloading. Which, in my opinion is a dumb idea. When someone presses the play button, 99.9% of the time I'm pretty sure they are trying to play their game. Not pressing play in order to sit and wait for a large patch to finish downloading. Patches should be installed automatically, so long as Uplay is open. That way, the game is ready to play when the person wants to play.

I have been PRESS PLAY and LOG OFF SP ... and PRESS PLAY and LOG OFF SP ... on and on and on ... hoping the DLC update will strike me ... EVER SINCE ... oh for hours ...
... I am sure each one of us KNOW the UPLAY UPDATE Method.

Uranus888
12-18-2013, 11:18 PM

you made me smile with this ;)

LocutusOfTuborg
12-18-2013, 11:28 PM

What version of the game and season pass do you own?
Uplay Digital Deluxe and Uplay Season Pass here and no Dlc for me and I know, which buttons to press. Bahaha.
LoT

kyse2
12-18-2013, 11:33 PM
if u got the dlc u get it if u got the season pass like me you get nothing for your money what a good deal :/

D-Kruger
12-18-2013, 11:38 PM
I have a solution for those who own Freedom Cry, but has this issue with downloading, Download it from other sources (google will help you). I found one torrent, it's just dlc files, no crack, so you don't have to worry about pirating. I know some are weird like that :)
Works fine.

Dzaszu
12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
AC IV BF digital preorder + SP preorder, both from Uplay. No Freedom Cry for me. WTF Ubi?

Blackwolfe5
12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
I have a solution for those who own Freedom Cry, but has this issue with downloading, Download it from other sources (google will help you). I found one torrent, it's just dlc files, no crack, so you don't have to worry about pirating. I know some are weird like that :)
Works fine.

Tempting. Had to do the same thing with some AC3 dlc, due to Ubioft making a mess, failing to sending out download links to season pass owners. And I mean, I OWN freedom cry according to uplay, so it shouldn't be an issue really.

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 11:47 PM
On the other thread you asked me for the proof of your personal attacks against me ... shall you still cannot see your ever repeating negative comments directed at me as attacks ... I fail to understand what else am I suppose to show you ...
... or perhaps, you are made that request as a mockery.

Shall you indeed have an issue with me and against me ... let's take it into the PM (Private Message), and leave the threads cleaner ... shall we?

I wasn't aware commenting back to you on a discussion board was negative.

Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't mean it's negative.

But, since you clearly have a stick up your *** (see, that's negative) I won't be "bothering" you anymore. Enjoy your hate and negativity and whatever else you want to spew and bless your heart if anyone decides to try to help you in any way possible.

MaceoniK
12-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Ok, so is it just us people who bought season passes that don't have Freedom Cry yet?

It's weird because on Uplay it now says I own Freedom Cry... but when I start the game, nothing downloads???:confused:

http://theimagehost.net/upload/32f909234b1373f8c6bdbc5d109a8802.jpg

ceekay.sickart
12-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Same thing here. Uplay shows i own the DLC, but no download link.
It's good to have Season pass... will have to wait another season for something we bought.
If someone has the DLC files, could you share them? Googled for them, but found nothing good.

ceekay.sickart
12-19-2013, 12:32 AM
@MnemonicSyntax Nice avatar you have there :D

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Still nothing for me on Steam Gold Edition.

KonguZya
12-19-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm on Steam Gold Edition. Both Steam and Uplay did a big update today, Freedom Cry is in my DLC tab, Uplay is telling me it's "now available" when I exit the game, but I still got nothing. I'm logged in and online, but I haven't been able to connect to Ubisoft servers for weeks, so no multiplayer or community events for me. Anyone know if this will keep me from playing Freedom Cry?

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 01:20 AM
The Steam store is listing Freedom now, don't know if that's new.

"Season Pass" is shown in my Steam DLC tab but Freedom Cry is not. In the Uplay client it says that I own it.

YayaTourette
12-19-2013, 01:20 AM
NOT.AGAIN! *facepalm*
UBI.WILL.YOU.EVER.GET.DLC.RELEASES.SORTED.OUT?

SammyUPLAY123
12-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Ok, so is it just us people who bought season passes that don't have Freedom Cry yet?

It's weird because on Uplay it now says I own Freedom Cry... but when I start the game, nothing downloads???:confused:

http://theimagehost.net/upload/32f909234b1373f8c6bdbc5d109a8802.jpg

I have digital deluxe edition, nvidia promo. I bought freedom cry today, and i dont have access to it yet. So its not just season pass owners. Uplay also shows i own the dlc.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 03:05 AM
The Steam store is listing Freedom now, don't know if that's new.

"Season Pass" is shown in my Steam DLC tab but Freedom Cry is not. In the Uplay client it says that I own it.

Same for me, Gold Edition. I'm not going to click Add to Cart on Steam either because I might be charged $9.99 for what should be free.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm on Steam Gold Edition. Both Steam and Uplay did a big update today, Freedom Cry is in my DLC tab, Uplay is telling me it's "now available" when I exit the game, but I still got nothing. I'm logged in and online, but I haven't been able to connect to Ubisoft servers for weeks, so no multiplayer or community events for me. Anyone know if this will keep me from playing Freedom Cry?

I have Steam Gold Ed too, but no FC showing in DLC tab. What time zone do you live in? Maybe those of us in the PST zone get it last.

KonguZya
12-19-2013, 04:31 AM
I have Steam Gold Ed too, but no FC showing in DLC tab. What time zone do you live in? Maybe those of us in the PST zone get it last.
Central. I'm trying AC4 again now.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Steam Gold, still nothing. Not showing under DLC tab. I'm in Eastern, but I don't think time zone matters. I've tried restarding Steam and verifying integrity of local files. It seems that something has gone wrong, there was an issue with Gold Edition on Steam at release date when we weren't given the Season Pass, maybe there's still a problem lingering there.

KonguZya
12-19-2013, 04:37 AM
And still nothing. I'll try again in the "coming days." They really shouldn't say it's "available now" on Uplay if it's still delayed. Or maybe it's just my problem connecting to the servers.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 04:43 AM
It seems that Freedom's Cry has not been added to the Season Pass on Steam. http://steamdb.info/sub/33495/#section_apps

Just like at launch when Season Pass had not been added to the Gold Edition.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 04:51 AM
...there was an issue with Gold Edition on Steam at release date when we weren't given the Season Pass, maybe there's still a problem lingering there.

I doubt it, I've had the Steam Gold Ed since 12/5 and I had no problem with Season Pass. I got two codes, one for Gold Ed, one for Season Pass, and they both validated just fine.

I think what Snake is saying may be the problem, but it could be Valve is waiting for something or some OK on Ubi's end to update the DLC content included with Season Pass. I get the sneaking feeling it's just an unlock code, because I got a rather large update for AC IV on Steam early 12/17.

sarmaxion
12-19-2013, 04:58 AM
I have the game oonly on Uplay, Deluxe Edition and I have the Season Pass too.. And in Uplay it says that i own Freedom Cry DLC and Season Pass. And when I start the game nothing is downloading, nof Freedom Cry DLC, no PhysX patch, the game just starts. How longer will I have to wait, I don't know.

Tr3voRR9999
12-19-2013, 05:09 AM
same for me, says I own it on uplay and it's available to purchase on steam (it also says on steam that it came out the 18th so today). I have the gold version, I have been updated to 1.04 and yet I don't have the freaking DLC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 05:40 AM
People who are buying the DLC alone on Steam are playing it. The DLC has not been assigned to the season pass.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 05:49 AM
People who are buying the DLC alone on Steam are playing it. The DLC has not been assigned to the season pass.

Question is, has anyone who's Uplay says it's owned clicked on Add to Cart in Steam to see if it adds it for free?

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Question is, has anyone who's Uplay says it's owned clicked on Add to Cart in Steam to see if it adds it for free?
I don't think Steam works that way, but I just chose add to cart to satisfy your curiosity and its asking me I'm purchasing it for myself or for a friend. With any other DLC I own on Steam there would be a big green band on the product page saying you already own it, and if you chose add to cart, the "purchase for myself" option is grayed out. Steam has no idea that we are entitled to this DLC, as far as Steam is concerned we aren't entitled to it. Someone needs to update the database and add Freedom's Cry to the season pass.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 06:06 AM
...there would be a big green band on the product page saying you already own it, and if you chose add to cart, the "purchase for myself" option is grayed out.

But that's exactly what my curiosity was about, whether or not the cart page shows your ownership of it, and whether the actual purchase option is unavailable if it does.

The problem is, you worded it in such a way that I have no clue whether you were describing a hypothetical, or the actual circumstances.

So let me ask again, when you click Add to Cart, does it not show ownership, and is in fact the purchasing option available, or greyed out?

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Posted Below

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 06:07 AM
All right I thought I just answered that but here goes again:

I clicked Add to Cart. It did not show ownership, it did not gray out "purchase for myself", it was in full green and was going to let me buy it for myself. Steam doesn't know that I own it. Uplay client does know.

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 06:10 AM
All right I thought I just answered that but here goes again:

I clicked Add to Cart. It did not show ownership, it did not gray out "purchase for myself", it was in full green and was going to let me buy it for myself. Steam doesn't know that I own it. Uplay client does know.

I find it hilarious how people are trying to combine Steam and UPLAY as one thing and then wondering why they're having so many problems.

Not sure how in the world people do not understand that Steam and UPLAY are separate things and people buy the game through Steam and then try to purchase things directly from UPLAY and then think they can use it on the Steam Version. Want the DLC on the Steam version then you NEED TO BUY IT FROM THE STEAM STORE...Simple as that.

I'm sorry but, this thread and the complaints coming from people who have had this issue, is hilarious.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
12-19-2013, 06:14 AM
I find it hilarious how people are trying to combine Steam and UPLAY as one thing and then wondering why they're having so many problems.

Not sure how in the world people do not understand that Steam and UPLAY are separate things and people buy the game through Steam and then try to purchase things directly from UPLAY and then think they can use it on the Steam Version. Want the DLC on the Steam version then you NEED TO BUY IT FROM THE STEAM STORE...Simple as that.

I'm sorry but, this thread and the complaints coming from people who have had this issue, is hilarious.
I know you're trying to be a real clever guy or whatever, but you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not doing the thing you're describing. I bought all of it through Steam. Someone at Ubisoft failed to properly update the Steam database entry for AC4 yet again, that's what's going on.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 06:24 AM
Someone at Ubisoft failed to properly update the Steam database entry for AC4 yet again, that's what's going on.

Yeah I tried to explain to him earlier that one game browser cannot do all the communicating when both parties are involved, but it goes right over his angry troll head. He wants to blame everything on Valve again, but he has no actual proof their end is causing this.

He shouldn't even be implying ANYONE a hilarious clown, because 99% of his posts are claims of Valve's unscrupulous behavior, yet he admits to pirating games, which, let's face it, is about THE most unscrupulous thing there is where gaming is concerned.

He's real lucky he hasn't been banned, and when Ubi have more time to sort things out here after all the patching is done and the spam bots are dealt with, his time will be next.

Anykeyer
12-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Amazing incompetence on ubi's end.
They simply forgot to add required steam files depot to season pass owners. So everone with steam version and season pass dont have their download, even if they have it listed in Uplay itself.

Did they met my expectations with that kind of polish? Yes, I expected nothing less.

Black_Echo
12-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Just woke up started the game with high expectations to finally play Freedom Cry and..... and i got one huge....nothing

Such a nice and fast support lol

VeryFluffy
12-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Got Deluxe Edition and bought the season pass. Uplay lists Freedom Cry as owned but it isn't selectable, and I'm still at patch 1.03. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon.

KonguZya
12-19-2013, 08:12 AM

You realize that AC4 can only be played on PC through Uplay, right? So even though I bought it all on Steam, all the activation codes go through Uplay.

WarlordSpinal
12-19-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm shocked Mr_Shade hasn't posted here about the problem yet.

Very worrying. Steam/Ubi better be at least AWARE that this is happening...

WeamDreaver
12-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Got Deluxe Edition and bought the season pass. Uplay lists Freedom Cry as owned but it isn't selectable, and I'm still at patch 1.03. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon.

Same here, DDE + Season Pass but I am still at 1.03 and no Freedom Cry, although it says in uplay that I own it already.

Brostok
12-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Freedom Cry isn't even listed in the french ubishop so....
They are mocking us.

TDAssassino
12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
I am still waiting for 1.04 patch and the FC DLC too... Most of my friends are already playing it, this is ridiculous.

Deluxe Edition w/ Season Pass doesn't mean getting the extra contents before the others?!

Adamed91
12-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Yup same here, still waiting. Why the hell is there no moderator responding with something like "sorry for the inconvenience we'll sort this out as soon as possible and contact Steam". (Loads of us already have but I'm sure they'd get back quicker to Ubisoft.) Honestly ubi just suck when it comes to customer service or help in general for that matter. All they respond with is "contact customer support", that's the only thing I think I've seen on this forum from a mod regarding their so called "help"

TinGoose2009
12-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Well am in Europe but i've been playing AC4DL with russian version and Ubisoft installed the update last night to 1.04 with Freedom Cry....but once running the game there is no spoken English language in the game LOL...b4 the update no problem there was English spoken language that you can choose from this SUCKZ big time!!!!!

MaceoniK
12-19-2013, 12:11 PM
From what I can tell it's those who bought the season pass along with the digital deluxe edition from ubishop and those who bought the gold edition from steam, that are having this issue... so basically the people who spent the most, in an attempt to assure they got all the extra content, are the ones currently getting screwed.

Also wasn't one of the selling points of the season pass that you got early access to all DLC?

SixKeys
12-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Digital Deluxe Edition here (Ubishop), Season Pass owner, still no Freedom Cry. And still no response from Ubi, of course. :rolleyes:

amadon81
12-19-2013, 01:01 PM
A guy who work from the support service said to me to uninstall the game and the uplay client, clean the uplay file locate in \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Uplay, then re-install uplay and the game, ...
Someone already try this ?

Seafort909
12-19-2013, 01:03 PM
I got a response back from @UbisoftSupport on twitter.

"Ubisoft Support ‏@UbisoftSupport (https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport)9m (https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/413637826119348224)
@Seafort909 (https://twitter.com/Seafort909) We're currently investigating this issue, please can you provide your Uplay Account name? Thanks [G]"

Let's see what happens.

Seafort909
12-19-2013, 01:04 PM
A guy who work from the support service said to me to uninstall the game and the uplay client, then re-install uplay and the game ...
Someone already try this ?

Yeah I tried that yesterday. Didn't work so it's on their end not ours.

netnerd85
12-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Waiting for the Deluxe version on Uplay to update, come on...

medavroog
12-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Also wasn't one of the selling points of the season pass that you got early access to all DLC?

According to the Season Pass sales ... YES, we are PROMISED of early access.
According to some trolls on the threads ... NO, and guess what? ... with these "supports" from these "fan-bois" ... what are we to expect from UbiSoft?

Black_Echo
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
So i guess i can put a real apropriate quiestion here.

Will Freedom Cry DLC + v1.04 patch be available for download to the end of the year?

Kujomanji
12-19-2013, 02:13 PM
So i guess i can put a real apropriate quiestion here.

Will Freedom Cry DLC + v1.04 patch be available for download to the end of the year?

With a bit of luck today. They're investigating the issue

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-19-2013, 02:14 PM

Hi, have you opened a ticket with Technical Support about this?

I will alert the team, but please do open tickets.

WarlordSpinal
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Just checked again. I am updated to the newest update, 1.04. I also have the new PhysX options. So that's set up.

Like some others, I have the Digital Deluxe + separately bought Season Pass that gave me no issues up until now. DLC shows up as Owned in UPlay, but I have not received a large 5 GB download on Steam or UPlay.

Hopefully this gets resolved today or tomorrow and doesn't drag on over the weekend.

x000f
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM

Hi, I have the exact same issue, and I did open a ticket with technical support.
They replied with https://support.ubi.com/pl-PL/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ec54CAA
which was just as useful as a astray on a motorbike, and proved that they didn't even care to read my ticket where it clearly said that DLC is already in the list.

I wouldn't count on those guys helping with anything.

dhr09
12-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Same here.. Gold Edition & Season Pass owner. Uplay says I own Freedom cry DLC and shows product code. But unable to play it...do not have it. Also at v1.04 but have no PhysX Option available.

Afflictio.on
12-19-2013, 03:43 PM
where is the DLC that you guys said it will be delivered with the Season pass that many of us purchased it?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 04:33 PM

My Support Ticket Reference Number: 00946245

Please do remind them that, I am NOT on STEAM ... please, no more those "STEAM will UPDATE at so-n-so ... " responses. For God's or Desmond's or Whatever's sake, please remind them that I use only the UPLAY ... just the UPLAY. I have purchased the Season's Pass, My Uplay does state I do "own" the Freedom Cry DLC ... but, the said DLC was never downloaded ... in fact, my game version is still 1.03 ... whilst the latest version is supposed to be 1.04.

Thank You.

Black_Echo
12-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm quite sure you will get answer with something like... "Please provide screenshot showing the problem you have" or "reinstall/restart client and try again"

kyse2
12-19-2013, 05:55 PM
patch is going out now on steam it is downloading

KonguZya
12-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah, it looks like it's downloading now, a 2.8 gb update on Steam.

Xessive
12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Ok, Steam users are reporting that they're getting the update.

I'm on Uplay and still no update.. What's going on?

adventurewomen
12-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I bought my AC4 uplay digital deluxe & season pass directly from Uplay store and I still have no update or a link to download Freedom Cry. :(

x000f
12-19-2013, 06:40 PM

I guess Steam has some clout. Why would Ubisoft bother about people on their own service that have already paid anyway?
Sorry if I sound angry and cynical. It's because I am.

YayaTourette
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM
IWhy would Ubisoft bother about people on their own service that have already paid anyway?

Seems like it's true. Every single DLC release that relate to the Season Passes of GFS, AC3 and AC4 were catastrophic. And UBI doesn't seem to be interested to fix this once and for all.
Consequences: I cancelled my pre-orders for AC:Liberation HD and WatchDogs DedSec Edition. and can only recommend you do the same.

Regards,
Mork

medavroog
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM

It is the same with me, we are in the same boat ...
... THIS is why I ranted in anger for obvious reasons.
... unlike certain trolls and fan-boi's on the thread throwing mockery at us ... calling us of been "impatient" ... THIS is not an issue of "patience".

Shahinsateei
12-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?
... shall you have checked most of the threads, you should notice that ... those of us who are owners of the Season's Pass ... CANNOT access the "Freedom Cry" DLC because it NEVER downloaded ... our game version NEVER got updated.
... the Confirmation is NEGATIVE and NO.

Shahinsateei
12-19-2013, 07:04 PM
nooooooo :(

screw this, my exam period is over, I'm gonna go out have fun and hopefully it'll be over when I return!

medavroog
12-19-2013, 07:08 PM
nooooooo :(

screw this, my exam period is over, I'm gonna go out have fun and hopefully it'll be over when I return!

... hopefully ... indeed, hopefully.
... have fun with whatever pastime you seek then.

VeryFluffy
12-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I can't even log into uplay at all right now. Maybe that's a sign they're working on something.

professionalm
12-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I can't even log into uplay at all right now. Maybe that's a sign they're working on something.
now you can login but nothing about update dlc :(

DanonMight
12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Im have AC IV on Uplay and had patch with freedom DLC yesterday evening. Did not checkec It till now couse Im still like 90% of main game but I have option to play this DLC already.

BarmyTaffster
12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Anyone lucky to have downloaded Freedom DLC have any exit problems? Every time I exit from the game it does not go direct to menu but restarts the game and have to repeat exit to menu then desktop :(

sooupper
12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Freedom Cry DLC for PC is not yet available. Ubisoft's news announced this.

BarmyTaffster
12-19-2013, 09:00 PM

well that's funny because I bought season pass and d/l freedom cry for pc this morning and have been playing it.

ceekay.sickart
12-19-2013, 09:06 PM

Care to give a source?

Anybody has the files for the DLC? I mean, just to make a pack with the newly downloaded files, if any?

Uranus888
12-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Guys, the DLC IS already available for PC since yesterday BUT due to some Ubisoft issues, a lot of users (specially the ones with DDE+ Season Pass) are not able to download it. Ubisoft is already aware of this and "is working on it".

Lots of lots of lots of clients are affected by this problem worldwide.

Blackwolfe5
12-19-2013, 09:46 PM
When I came home about an hour ago and started up Steam, the dlc downloaded! *overjoyed*

Dzaszu
12-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I`m tired of this. Cancelled my Watch Dogs and Liberation preorders, downloading Freedom Cry from torrent. Is this what you wanted to accomplish Ubi? Let`s be it this way. Uplay former user.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 11:50 PM
When I came home about an hour ago and started up Steam, the dlc downloaded! *overjoyed*

Mine's downloading thru Steam right now, currently at about 2/3 completion, and the game's properties are showing Freedom Cry DLC even though it hasn't finished downloading yet.

http://imageshack.com/a/img51/6574/bw6d.jpg

BlackbirdSR71-C
12-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Ohhhhh boy. Avaiable on all other platforms without a problem. Both DLC and PhysX Patch avaiable on competitor platform steam without a single problem. 20 December and STILL neither patch nor DLC are avaiable on Uplay, no comment from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft...I don't think any of you can even comprehend how big of a **** up this is. Just...stop....either admit Uplay is an unnessecary, inferior copy of steam and get packing or DELIVER YOUR OWN PRODUCT ON YOUR OWN SERVICE BEFORE OR AT THE SAME TIME AS IT'S AVAIABLE ON YOUR COMPETITOR'S SERVICE

WHAT
THE

Vineland
12-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Anyone lucky to have downloaded Freedom DLC have any exit problems? Every time I exit from the game it does not go direct to menu but restarts the game and have to repeat exit to menu then desktop :(

Mine does this. I can live with this more than I can with the design of the menu. It took me a while to find it since I never imagined it would be under Aveline. Fortunately I saw his pic next to Aveline's and decided to click and there was the option.

MicGold
12-20-2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks Ubisoft,
I have Ac4 BC Digital Deluxe(Uplay Edition) and the Season pass.
I Still get NO Download for the Physx Patch and NO Download for the Freedom City DLC.
I Have already finished the Game and really like it and want to play more.
But when do i get it? After Xmax? After New Year?

I own Ac4 only on Uplay, no steam. I have checked files, rebootet, restartet uplay dozens of times. Still no Update.
And i really want to play it.

Merry Xmas,
Mic

Ps.: Btw, where is the Performance Update i need?
I Have a i7-870 and a GTX 770, playing maxed out. But the Performance is worse than it should be. The biggest Eyesore for me is that AC4 only uses one Core with over 90-95% and the Others Cores/Threads are not a bit used.

emwearz
12-20-2013, 04:31 AM
I bought the Season Pass and have the game in uPlay, same issues.

ARNOFPS
12-20-2013, 05:39 AM
i've the deluxe edition from amazon + season pass, but still no freedom cry for me, nor the physx patch.

anyone tried to contact the ubisoft support? they should be aware of this issue and post a statement somewhere.

VeryFluffy
12-20-2013, 06:30 AM
I contacted support about the issue, and the reply I got is that they told me to click on the Aveline button on the main menu. I'm still waiting for the second reply.

Frag_Maniac
12-20-2013, 06:34 AM
I have Freedom Cry up and running, and yes, you click on the button that was previously for Aveline once it's installed. It should say Aveline/Freedom Cry, but once you have a Freedom Cry session started, it will l just say Freedom Cry.

Once you get the DLC installed, I highly recommend disabling the UPlay overlay before even launching the game.

Explanation here:

The first time I tried launching AC IV after Freedom Cry downloaded the game wouldn't even launch. There was a "Program not responding" error. So I tried disabling the overlay in UPlay. It then launched fine and it's been playing OK except for one screen freeze in Port Au Prince while I was looting a corpse. I am now about 1/3 through the DLC.

I have launched the game with UPlay in online and offline mode, as well as with Steam in online and offline mode. There's no change either way for both. I also noticed that every time I exit Freedom Cry, instead of exiting to main menu like it says, it exits to the Freedom Cry Launch/Save menu. When hitting Esc, instead of going straight to the main menu, the UPlay desktop appears, then disappears briefly showing my PC desktop, then the AC IV green loading page comes on saying connecting to Ubi servers, then it finally goes to the main menu.

Once I got to 33% completion I tried enabling the UPlay overlay again, and it launched fine, but I wouldn't recommend starting a campaign that way. I would play at least until the 2nd mission without the overlay, and make sure it saves OK first. It would appear Freedom Cry is having a problem connecting to and/or staying connected to Ubi's servers.

Black_Echo
12-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Another day i wake up start ACIV with high expectations and still no patch + dlc...
I'm affraid i have to download pirate copy so i can get the files for which i FU***NG PAID FOR!

x000f
12-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Ps.: Btw, where is the Performance Update i need?
I Have a i7-870 and a GTX 770, playing maxed out. But the Performance is worse than it should be. The biggest Eyesore for me is that AC4 only uses one Core with over 90-95% and the Others Cores/Threads are not a bit used.

Yeah, the quality of PC port is terrible. For me the difference between max settings and min settings is some 5 fps, on average, which is quite ridiculous. I also lost progress two or three times for no reason (fortunately only a few missions, not the whole thing). And while that's quite annoying, and with full priced AAA release and delay to 'polish the game'
one would expect that at least they would have a decent port, not being able to even access content you paid for takes the cake.

There's no way I'm buying anything else from Ubisoft.

medavroog
12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Another day i wake up start ACIV with high expectations and still no patch + dlc...
I'm affraid i have to download pirate copy so i can get the files for which i FU***NG PAID FOR!

Welcome to the "Ripped-Off" Club ...

Erathiel
12-20-2013, 09:15 AM
I have Black Chest edition + Deluxe Edition + Season Pass and still don't see DLC/patch (even if uplay say I own it) only have Aveline missions.

MaceoniK
12-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Just opened a technical support ticket about this... Lets see what response I get at this stage.

Way too many things have gone wrong -

1. No social events

2. No community challenges

3. Royal convoy icons stuck on map

4. Blackbeard's wrath DLC achievements not showing in Uplay

5. acinitiates.com

6. Abstergo challenges stuck at 99/100, when I've completed them all

7. Database stuck at 98%, when I've collected/done everything

8. Uplay account page says 'Last played game' is AC3 (admittedly a very small annoyance)

And now this - No Freedom Cry DLC and no update for the people who bought/pre-ordered the most comprehensive edition of the game (Uplay Digital Deluxe) and the Season Pass directly from the company that developed the game.

I will say, I'm not mad about these things, just a little disappointed... 'it's not asking too much to expect better than this'.

Except for these issues, the overall game itself is quality.

Mr_Shade
12-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi Guys,

Steam users should be able to access the DLC now, those not using Steam - The team are working to correct the issue, so please bear with us.

If you wish to check on the progress or need help for this or any other issue, please do contact support directly:
www.support.ubi.com

Uranus888
12-20-2013, 12:54 PM
The long waited downloads are now available for DDE+SP (Ubishop) users. At least in Germany

emwearz
12-20-2013, 01:26 PM
And Australia, thank god for that.

Black_Echo
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Finally its there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DraySpittle
12-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Gold Edition DDE here. Still no DLC :(

WisutHighSeraph
12-20-2013, 04:15 PM
finally got it for DE+SP .

medavroog
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
... If you wish to check on the progress or need help for this or any other issue, please do contact support directly:
www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

My Support Ticket Reference Number: 00946245

I am trying to control my anger as I write this message. I have given UbiSoft more than once chance, but the robotic response given to me is asking for an image of the CD-Key and my proof of purchase. I have already given my order number and the order details of the "Season's Pass" purchase ... and my purchase was a digital one from Ubishop directly. So, does this mean the UbiSoft staff who answered me never bothered even check that ORDER NUMBER before he sent me that insultive idiotic response? Just go read and check my support ticket as well as the information I ALREADY written since the day I sent it ... I do NOT need this kind of response! ... shall you going to respond, at least, READ and CHECK the information I gave ... I am sick and tired of these robotic response insults from UbiSoft!

... I have already closed the ticket because I was not able to update it due to some site error ... as per the UbiSoft error message.
... I am giving-up now, BUT ... at least go read that robotic response AND my information ... and tell me shall I be upset or nay.

VeryFluffy
12-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Both DLC and patch is working for me now.

Growkin
12-22-2013, 10:07 PM
I have a issue where Freedom Cry won't load when starting a new game, just sits there. When you task manager out and close it down it registers the save is there but still won't load. Anyone had this?

Wile Coy0te
12-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Bought the game via uplay, when i started the main game it told me the contetnt is now owned. To accsess it id have to istall the DLC.

Yet Nowhere in this fine Uplay platform can I find damned
DOWNLOAD, or INSTALL buttons like Far Cry 3 for instance.
So i bought content ; I OWN it.It shows up under accountinformation mine Like blackflag itslef and others BUT no sign of it in the my games or sub categories.
So where is this istalling or downloading because i searched high and low and am at my wits end. thank you....no ....wait....whats the opposite of thanking?

nmfcarvalho1976
04-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Bought the game via uplay, when i started the main game it told me the contetnt is now owned. To accsess it id have to istall the DLC.

Yet Nowhere in this fine Uplay platform can I find damned
DOWNLOAD, or INSTALL buttons like Far Cry 3 for instance.
So i bought content ; I OWN it.It shows up under accountinformation mine Like blackflag itslef and others BUT no sign of it in the my games or sub categories.
So where is this istalling or downloading because i searched high and low and am at my wits end. thank you....no ....wait....whats the opposite of thanking?

Same problem with me, plus with the Death Vessel Pack and Technology Pack

nmfcarvalho1976
04-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Same problem with me, plus with the Death Vessel Pack and Technology Pack

Just perfect. Submited a ticket, and got an error message as well. Can't play and can't complain.

Mr_Shade
04-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Just perfect. Submited a ticket, and got an error message as well. Can't play and can't complain.
Hi,

Have you tried using a different browser? - or - clearing your cache - failing that, you may need to try a different device, however the support site 'should' be working for you.

If you contact them, they should be able to resolve the issue for you.

nmfcarvalho1976
04-22-2014, 12:06 AM
This is what always get:

We are encountering a technical issue with the page you are trying to view.
We apologise for the inconvenience and we will work to fix the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime please click here to return to the homepage.