PDA

View Full Version : AC4 crashed and corrupted my save file. 47 hours down the toilet

PhazeDelta1
12-17-2013, 09:35 AM
What's the point of having a cloud save feature if you can't retrieve the damn save files? :mad:

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:28 AM
same thing just happened to me mate, are our saves really gone or is it just the cloud and their end not getting our data back to us

im so scared right now,
i had over double that in hours and was looking forward to the dlc now i fear playing it,
i got the sp crash too and now my saves have vanished
upon relaunch of uplay and ac4

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:32 AM
What's the point of having a cloud save feature if you can't retrieve the damn save files? :mad:

If that happened to me I would nerdrage till I exploded. Do you have it on Steam and Uplay? because Steam has never let me down when it comes to issues like this.
I hope you manage to find a fix or retrieve your save from the cloud.

Maybe Uplay support could help?

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:33 AM
same thing just happened to me mate, are our saves really gone or is it just the cloud and their end not getting our data back to us

im so scared right now,
i had over double that in hours and was looking forward to the dlc now i fear playing it,
i got the sp crash too and now my saves have vanished
upon relaunch of uplay and ac4

I'm backing up my save now just in-case :nonchalance:

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
no i dont use steam i hate it
i dislike ubi even more though
but the same thing happened in steam once and they said sorry cant retrieve any of your saves for over 200+ games i had
so i left steam forever
im so worried right now, read in this section, see how many people lost saves !
hope to god this isnt real
please no no no no

Kanharn
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Wow, thats harsh. I hope its just a bug or something and you guys get your saves back.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 12:10 PM
i read in another thread that there is no getting saves back, they are gone, after someone in europe talked to support already

im ****in so sad,
and im for sure filing a lawsuit if they dont refund me and return my ubiworkshop items ( i want nothing more to do with ubi) or their products or merch this is just insane

PhazeDelta1
12-17-2013, 12:33 PM
If that happened to me I would nerdrage till I exploded. Do you have it on Steam and Uplay? because Steam has never let me down when it comes to issues like this.
I hope you manage to find a fix or retrieve your save from the cloud.

Maybe Uplay support could help?

I have it through Steam. But being the games uses Uplay, that's how it's saved.

Qoheles
12-18-2013, 04:43 AM
My cloud save ain't even syncing!

When I start AC4, it just syncs the achievements and the launches the game.. No cloud save syncs.

I know cloud saves are enabled because it syncs my AC3 saves before launching AC3, and I managed to get my AC3 save back. So why ain't AC4 syncing cloud saves?

Kaldire
12-18-2013, 04:53 AM
did u read the mods post,
saves are gone mate, if u lost the saves, there is only a 1% chance you will get them back
pm me or email me as details in the other thread, my lawyer wants to go after them in class action, as this is hitting thousands of users and they seem to not care (the rep i talked to EARNESTLY cared!)but there was and is nothing he can do, he posted here that he is sorry and feels terrible for me and all of us, but the saves are gone due to ubi doing the dlc
and not telling us to backup

pm me

Qoheles
12-18-2013, 05:03 AM
But I got my Ac3 saves back, while the saves for AC4 are simply not syncing.

As in, it's not that they're giving me the wrong saves or whatnot -- it simply doesn't sync at all. It just syncs achievements and then launches the game.

Questions2ask
12-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Anyone that has their game connected to Steam IN ANY WAY can shut the hell up and quit complaining

Justifying doesn't change anything.

PhazeDelta1
12-18-2013, 11:58 AM
But I got my Ac3 saves back, while the saves for AC4 are simply not syncing.

As in, it's not that they're giving me the wrong saves or whatnot -- it simply doesn't sync at all. It just syncs achievements and then launches the game.

I noticed that too. I reinstalled AC3 just to check out what you said. Sure enough I was able to sync my 100% save.