PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!!!!!!!! on Black Flag - Sequence 06, Memory 03: The Siege of Charles-Towne

vitekarnon
12-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi all , I very like the game Black Flag , I'm playing on strong MSI PC , I stuck in some point can't go over , this mean I can't continue play , the point is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Sequence 06, Memory 03: The Siege of Charles-Towne , kill the captain , I'm running make all the way but never can be near him , after 7 hour of trying I don't know what I can to do Maybe someone have any advice .. regards Vitek

KmarkoPL
12-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I use pistols quick shot to kill him , just after you jump over the crocodile you close enough .
Or you can do just like in this walktrough : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndW3SFCu8_Y

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
This is literally one of the easiest chase scenes in the game. You can keep running at him in a near straight line.

VaporHigh74
12-16-2013, 11:21 PM
I got same problem . tried for hours had friend try still cant do it. makes the game very on fun. running in straight line is good if the dang character would stop going everywhere but straight.

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 01:38 AM
running in straight line is good if the dang character would stop going everywhere but straight.

Then you're not paying attention to what's going on or aren't very good at free running in the game, and here it's literally easy as pie. It doesn't matter so much where the target goes, just what path you can most easily take to get to him. This is the mistake I think a LOT of AC players make, then they get hung up on obstacles they need not even negotiate to get to him.

I mean it's really obvious in this chase scene that there are numerous scripted objects collapsing and such that pretty much scream at you to run straight at them to get to the guy.

I'm curious though, are you guys even getting to the part where slow mo kicks in as you slide down a ramp? If not you're not taking the correct path, and once you get to that part if you line up properly you can hop along the pilings and easily get to him.

This video proves it's a near straight line run to get him. Click about 3/4 way along the time bar at around the 11:30 mark to get to the chase scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndW3SFCu8_Y

KmarkoPL
12-17-2013, 02:16 AM
I just shot him using quick fire when I was close enough ,at time index in video 12.32 , I could never get pass the guards .

Frag_Maniac
12-17-2013, 02:42 AM
II could never get pass the guards .

Easy to do if you take a cue from past AC games and do a strong run through them, in other words hold down the jump button as you're running. He doesn't lower his head like in previous games, but it pretty much has the same effect. Also try to run between two guards, vs right at one, and never straight at a Brute, Gunner, Agile, Captain, etc. I think all the guys here are just regular guards though.

Nitrotoluene
01-14-2014, 09:38 AM
I use pistols quick shot to kill him........

How does one do a "pistols quick shot"?

I tried sleep and berserk darts but they had no effect on that bastard.

Frag_Maniac
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
My advice is to run in as straight a line as you can, but zig zag around the group of guards that appear just before you catch him. Don't forget too you can tackle him from a slight distance if need be.

Watch the IGN video walkthrough, but instead zig zag around the guards at the end, and you'll be fine.

Nitrotoluene
01-14-2014, 09:59 PM
The video was helpful but my fingers aren't good enough to do it, so I just shot the captain in the back after the crocodile jump. Whatever it takes right?

My question was more about the so-called "pistol quick shot". Is that referring to some special way to shoot more quickly than normal with your pistol? Or just a curious phrase that kmarko used to describe a regular shot?

strigoi1958
01-14-2014, 10:01 PM
If a target is highlighted you just press the "F" key... you do not need to aim as it has selected the target for you :D

YazX_
01-14-2014, 10:07 PM
My question was more about the so-called "pistol quick shot". Is that referring to some special way to shoot more quickly than normal with your pistol? Or just a curious phrase that kmarko used?

yes, you can shoot directly without aiming when you look and focus your target (highlighted with white), just use the "Tool" key for quick shot, it also works with blowpipe as well.

to OP, in all AC games, chase missions have specific path to follow and at the end of the chase you will get the chance to kill your target (Usually air assassinate), the path is actually very obvious to notice and follow, sometimes you need to repeat the mission more than once to get full view of it. if you cannot spot it, then watch youtube walkthroughs to pass it.

Nitrotoluene
01-25-2014, 08:09 AM
If a target is highlighted you just press the "F" key... you do not need to aim as it has selected the target for you :D

Ah, thank you.

Can't believe I was half-way though the game and had never noticed the "F" option before. A lot more people will get rough justice like this from now on!

strigoi1958
01-26-2014, 12:23 AM
To be honest I think it is quite normal to want to start playing before reading and I played all the way through without knowing how to fire heavy shot :o but the guys here quickly helped me out... now get out there and assassinate

Amy656mjb
04-30-2014, 05:30 AM
To do a quick shot with pistols you just have to press Y if you have the game on Xbox One. I love this game and I'm having a hard time with the Siege of Charles-Town as well.

MsEville
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
I cant catch and kill the captain. seems like he is jogging not running.

gbishop524
06-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Bought the game for my son and he was really excited, until this sequence. That was $60 well spent. So I decided to try the game and loved it. I was really enjoying it until the captain chase in charles towne. Only one path to complete it and the tiniest of mistakes and start all over. I see why my son quit playing. What a major fun suck that is. I've watched the videos on you tube to beat the sequence but still can't catch him. not sure I'll ever but a ubisoft game again. There is nothing more disappointing that putting that kind of time into a game, a game for crying out loud, and being stuck like that.Horrible, absolutely horrible.

sweetieK67
09-30-2014, 11:44 AM
I got so caught up with the chase I kinda forgot the point was not to catch him but to kill him!! Captain now dead, medicine returned to Blackboard and on to the next memory... Whoop!!

Fletch_2011
10-02-2014, 09:56 AM
This one took me a couple tries till I noticed the carts placed where you can use them and jumping over that last croc.

RavnRavnson
05-19-2015, 12:05 PM
When you re spawn after dying, the captain should be in front of you about 20 yards and immediately start to bolt around the corner. If you DONT MOVE, switch to pistols immediately, then aim at just before the corner you should have time to get there before the captain and watch the target turn red as he flies by. Might take a few tries going for the headshot but it is MUCH easier than the chase. I did get a headshot or a killshot after about 5-10 tries. You miss, let him run and you will reload in a few seconds. I would have quit the game if I did not find this trick...chase was way too hard

Mezuchan
05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
This show how different an experience can be. I personally loved this mission and hardly had any trouble at all, only about 3 or 4 tries.

Holmindeboks
05-19-2015, 06:23 PM
omfg i have not done this mission if i see the video i can better quit game :P but i try first

elenilote
08-24-2019, 07:31 AM
When you re spawn after dying, the captain should be in front of you about 20 yards and immediately start to bolt around the corner. If you DONT MOVE, switch to pistols immediately, then aim at just before the corner you should have time to get there before the captain and watch the target turn red as he flies by. Might take a few tries going for the headshot but it is MUCH easier than the chase. I did get a headshot or a killshot after about 5-10 tries. You miss, let him run and you will reload in a few seconds. I would have quit the game if I did not find this trick...chase was way too hard

This helped me the most, I admit to forgetting that the aim is not to catch the cpt but to kill - shot him just before the first corner and mission complete.