PDA

View Full Version : AC IV Wins Gamespots PS4 GOTY!

STDlyMcStudpants
12-14-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzpIrtIU6E
But saying AC fans will choose AC2 as their favorite or argue that ACB was better???
HA.....Ha......................................... .ha -_-

I will admit AC IV is growing on me and it def did take AC2s spot as my (2nd) fav game everrrr .... Right behind AC 3 ;D

phoenix-force411
12-14-2013, 06:04 PM
ACII is still my favorite overall, but ACIV is at the top for me too. ACB was sort of the cliche good vs evil kind of game and it made it a bit too obvious, and the game went by super fast after Seq. 5.

x___Luffy___x
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
AC4 deserved it.:)

STDlyMcStudpants
ACII is still my favorite overall, but ACIV is at the top for me too. ACB was sort of the cliche good vs evil kind of game and it made it a bit too obvious, and the game went by super fast after Seq. 5.

AC1 took me 8 hrs to beat.
AC2,ACB, ACR took me 30-34 to beat
AC IV took me 46 hours to beat

I dont think any were lacking in content...I loved ACB...just would never think anyone would argue its better than ac2 :P lol

STDlyMcStudpants
AC4 deserved it.:)

Yes it did!

AssassinHMS
12-14-2013, 06:54 PM
That’s great. Now I want to see if Ubisoft can win people over with the actual franchise. ‘Cause I bet AC4 BF didn’t win GOTY for its land navigation, combat or stealth, or for delivering a faithful Assassin’s Creed experience. Still, nice job on the pirate thingy!

If Ubisoft actually manages to stay true to the franchise and doesn’t sell out for mindless/casual fun and action, they’ll win some of my respect back……………and probably GOTY too.

Shahkulu101
12-14-2013, 07:07 PM
I was happy when I heard this, now I just want some alcohol.

phoenix-force411
12-14-2013, 07:15 PM
I was happy when I heard this, now I just want some alcohol.
"Shahkulu. I'll kill him!"

ze_topazio
12-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Congratulations.

However, it's not like the PS4 have that many games anyway, some sports games, a bunch of shooters and barely upgraded ports of games developed for the current gen, AC4 is actually one of those.

:cool:

lothario-da-be
12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Well deserved. Although the other games aren't all that exciting yet.

Fatal-Feit
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
But saying AC fans will choose AC2 as their favorite or argue that ACB was better???
HA.....Ha......................................... .ha -_-

I will admit AC IV is growing on me and it def did take AC2s spot as my (2nd) fav game everrrr .... Right behind AC 3 ;D

ACB is one of the biggest video game filler in both story and gameplay. How can anyone say it topped AC4, let alone AC3. It's basically an Assassin's Creed 2.3.

And congrats AC:IV. You earned it!

pacmanate
12-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Now bares the question, if Watch_Dogs released alongside AC4, who would win?

Anyway, I will admit this is well deserved. Definitely the best next gen game out there so far.

DinoSteve1
12-15-2013, 01:28 AM
It had some very stiff competition.

/sarcasm

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 07:24 AM
ACB is one of the biggest video game filler in both story and gameplay. How can anyone say it topped AC4, let alone AC3. It's basically an Assassin's Creed 2.3.

Because AC IV is a pirate game, ACB was a purer-than-mother-may AC game. What did those people scream? Yikes, it makes me cringe every time. But anyway, thats that. Its Assassins Creed 2.3 but its not even as big and expansive as AC2. One city that felt (to me) boring and a story worth 3 sequences stretched to fit 8, cuz we have to justify those 60$ people

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Because AC IV is a pirate game, ACB was a purer-than-mother-may AC game. What did those people scream? Yikes, it makes me cringe every time. But anyway, thats that. Its Assassins Creed 2.3 but its not even as big and expansive as AC2. One city that felt (to me) boring and a story worth 3 sequences stretched to fit 8, cuz we have to justify those 60$ people

Despite it's very very very bad story Brotherhood was an incredibly fun game with the best side missions in the series by far. And I don't understand how in God's name Rome was bland. Granted, a few districts are - but standing atop the Castillo or Colloseum should convince you otherwise.

Also PARACHUTES.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Despite it's very very very bad story Brotherhood was an incredibly fun game with the best side missions in the series by far. And I don't understand how in God's name Rome was bland. Granted, a few districts are - but standing atop the Castillo or Colloseum should convince you otherwise.

Because it felt similar to AC2's cities. Which ofcourse is to be expected yet didn't do the game any favours. It would have been so uch better had it remained a DLC as planned, would have taken away a lot of criticism towards it. Regarding side missions, I dunno.. AC IV seems to come quite close, beat it even. The sheer range of things at your disposal.

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
If any game had to be called filler it would have to be Revelations, Brotherhood concluded the fight against the Borgia family and is basically the stuff that was cut from AC2 expanded, Revelations however, story wise had no reason to exist, it was basically made to fill the yearly quota.

killzab
12-15-2013, 04:01 PM
If any game had to be called filler it would have to be Revelations, Brotherhood concluded the fight against the Borgia family and is basically the stuff that was cut from AC2 expanded, Revelations however, story wise had no reason to exist, it was basically made to fill the yearly quota.

And bring closure to Ezio and Altair, which in itself is more important than anything ACB told.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Both were fillers. End of. :p

But what you said, actually made Reveletions seem more like a legit sequel than the DLC-tuned-sequel Brotherhood looked like. I couldn't help but think. hey its AC2-lite! while playing it. Atleast Revelations provided a new story, settings and cast of characters. But yeah, in the end both were fillers. I consider them spinoffs rather than legit sequels.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Both were fillers. End of. :p

But what you said, actually made Reveletions seem more like a legit sequel than the DLC-tuned-sequel Brotherhood looked like. I couldn't help but think. hey its AC2-lite! while playing it. Atleast Revelations provided a new story, settings and cast of characters. But yeah, in the end both were fillers. I consider them spinoffs rather than legit sequels.

You consider them incorrectly, Pirate1802.

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
And bring closure to Ezio and Altair, which in itself is more important than anything ACB told.

Seeing Ezio defeat his lifelong enemies and learning that Altair became a revolutionary master was enough closure to me, seeing them being just tired old men incapable of retiring while everybody around them dies for dramatic effect was unnecessary.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Seeing Ezio defeat his lifelong enemies and learning that Altair became a revolutionary master was enough closure to me, seeing them being just tired old men incapable of retiring while everybody around them dies for dramatic effect was unnecessary.

Also, as a side effect, as a result of that we now expect to see every Assassin's life from his mother's womb to his burial ceremony. Anything less and there's NO CLOSURE! Cliffhanger! yada yada yada.

AssassinHMS
12-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Also, as a side effect, as a result of that we now expect to see every Assassin's life from his mother's womb to his burial ceremony. Anything less and there's NO CLOSURE! Cliffhanger! yada yada yada.

Agreed. I still remember when the protagonist was treated as a means to uncover the past and when the animus wasn't a camera for the paparazzi.

In the new Assassin's Face we bring you Edward! Don't worry, he won't have the hood up most of the time (only when it's cool) and you can see this celebrity’s face right here, slapped, on the left side of the forum!

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 04:45 PM

Indeed, we already saw Connor accepting that the world is not as nice as he hoped, he realized that the independent USA was not going to be the perfect place the patriots were promoting, he accepted that his people did not wanted to be saved and he embraced the Assassin life, we know that after that he kept killing Templars and help those in need, seeing him being just a tired old man incapable of retiring would had nothing to his story.

Don't get me wrong though, i love badass old man in fiction.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Indeed, we already saw Connor accepting that the world is not as nice as he hoped, he realized that the independent USA was not going to be the perfect place the patriots were promoting, he accepted that his people did not wanted to be saved and he embraced the Assassin life, we know that after that he kept killing Templars and help those in need, seeing him being just a tired old man incapable of retiring would had nothing to his story.

Don't get me wrong though, i love badass old man in fiction.

Solid Snake? :p

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 04:52 PM
^ Among others.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Me too. There's something poetic in watching old men with the spirit that'd put young people to shame. Probably why I liked old Ezio the most among his different appearances.