PDA

View Full Version : [Ubisoft_Account] Why doesn't anyone respond to support requests?

Grogglesbass
12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
I filled out support tickets and never hear back from anyone.

I have RS for PC (I use it on my Mac). I purchased it on Steam and registered on Uplay and Steam with the same email address. When I log open up Steam, I log in and in my Games LIbrary, I click on Play to play Rocksmith and can play the game. If I click on Uplay in the main menu on Rocksmith I get "The Ubisoft Servers are unavailable, try later." This also happens if I try to go into the Shop as well. I cannot see the leaderboards either. I get this error when I play Score Attack and try to see where I stand.

I redeemed 20 points to buy the bonus song in the store and there is a lock next to it in the game. If I hit enter, it tells me to go to Uplay to unlock this content. But I already redeemed the points. It says Redeemed in my transaction history but the song will not unlock. I see the ability to Link accounts but the only choices are game consoles. I have purchase dozens of songs and have played this game every day but my Uplay page reflects nothing that I have done with the PC version of this game.

I posted on the RS facebook page and people there told me when I open up steam I should be getting prompted to log into Uplay but that does not happen and has never happened. The only way I can get to Uplay is to click it in the RS main menu and it opens a web browser. After I log in, I am back to square one with nothing that I've done in game being reflected there.

I've given up on filling out support requests because not a single one of them have been answered by anyone. Can someone please look into this and let me know if I am missing a step. Thanks.

cavediver27
12-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Just call the support line and ask them. I've used it several times and the tech's are very helpful.

Marauder359
12-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Just call the support line and ask them.

********. They tell us to fill out support tickets and then don't respond. I understand you're just trying to get this guys' issue resolved, but that's first level bs on their part. Do your jobs.

pedietz
12-13-2013, 07:01 PM
They are spending our $$$$$$ in the Caribbean.

Kynlore
12-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I've only entered a ticket one time, however, I found them responsive and quick to resolve the issue. Though the result of which changed my join date and number of posts, not that those matter.

DavePerek
12-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Grogglesbass - I am also experiencing the same "The ubisoft servers..." error. When I got the game when it came out, it worked fine. Then a few weeks ago I noticed I couldn't get into leaderboards or the shop. I let some time pass and attempted again this week. Same error. I have attempted to work with phone support and sending in a ticket via website. The website response gave me a bunch of standard recommendations like port forwarding, network adapters, etc all of which I have attempted but do not fix the problem. The phone support has basically said they don't support Mac or at least say they don't know how to support Macs. They recommended that I go to an Apple store. Since it worked then didn't work on my machine and I am reading of other Mac users with same problem, I am wondering if something changed on Ubisoft's side. I will keep working on it and will let you know if I get it solved. Please reply if you get yours working.

SquirrellyNinja
12-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I filled out support tickets and never hear back from anyone.

I have RS for PC (I use it on my Mac). I purchased it on Steam and registered on Uplay and Steam with the same email address. When I log open up Steam, I log in and in my Games LIbrary, I click on Play to play Rocksmith and can play the game. If I click on Uplay in the main menu on Rocksmith I get "The Ubisoft Servers are unavailable, try later." This also happens if I try to go into the Shop as well. I cannot see the leaderboards either. I get this error when I play Score Attack and try to see where I stand.

I redeemed 20 points to buy the bonus song in the store and there is a lock next to it in the game. If I hit enter, it tells me to go to Uplay to unlock this content. But I already redeemed the points. It says Redeemed in my transaction history but the song will not unlock. I see the ability to Link accounts but the only choices are game consoles. I have purchase dozens of songs and have played this game every day but my Uplay page reflects nothing that I have done with the PC version of this game.

I posted on the RS facebook page and people there told me when I open up steam I should be getting prompted to log into Uplay but that does not happen and has never happened. The only way I can get to Uplay is to click it in the RS main menu and it opens a web browser. After I log in, I am back to square one with nothing that I've done in game being reflected there.

I've given up on filling out support requests because not a single one of them have been answered by anyone. Can someone please look into this and let me know if I am missing a step. Thanks.

Did you ever receive the prompt to install the Uplay client when you installed Rocksmith 2014? Maybe try launching that independently if Steam doesn't prompt you. Aside from that I'd maybe recommend making sure you're not running any programs concurrently that might be blocking a Uplay connection. Have you never been able to connect to the Ubi servers or is this an issue as of late?

Grogglesbass
12-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Did you ever receive the prompt to install the Uplay client when you installed Rocksmith 2014? Maybe try launching that independently if Steam doesn't prompt you. Aside from that I'd maybe recommend making sure you're not running any programs concurrently that might be blocking a Uplay connection. Have you never been able to connect to the Ubi servers or is this an issue as of late?

Yes. I was able to connect once or twice because I saw myself on the leaderboard and I was able to browse the shop. It sounds like the person a couple of posts up is in the same boat that I am. That was at least a month ago. Nothing has changed on my network since that point and whenever I play RS on the Mac, that is the only application that is running. I have never been prompted on launch to log into Uplay. The only method of logging in that I have ever seen was clicking Uplay in the main menu. If I do that, Uplay opens in a web browser independent of the game and I am able to log in with no problem. My transaction history shows that have redeemed the points for the Katawan (sp?) song but it remains locked in-game. My log in success via the browser is not reflected in RS in any way. I have only created a uplay account one time so it's not a forgotten log in problem.

Someone suggested that I uninstall and reinstall RS on my Mac. Does that mean I will lose all my scores? If not, how does one uninstall the game on a Mac? I don't see an uninstaller anywhere. At this point, I am willing to try anything because I am missing out on a lot by these errors.

Marauder359
12-14-2013, 04:59 PM
At this point, I am willing to try anything because I am missing out on a lot by these errors.

Not as much as you might think. Only that one bonus song, which isn't very good anyway (I haven't seen a single person praise it), and the bonus arrangements are items you're missing out on, and the way you have to access bonus arrangements in the game makes it annoying anyway.

That's not to say I wouldn't want my stuff fixed if I were you, but don't be too depressed that you haven't gotten access yet, as that might build it up and lead to real disappointment when you actually do get access, as what you get access to is rather lackluster anyway... but yeah, I hope you can get it fixed.

DavePerek
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Grogglebass - I have reinstalled Steam RS on Mac to no avail. Also have installed it on another machine with a different ISP in a different city - still same error. I think something is messed up on the Uplay/Ubisoft server side with my account. I discussed blowing up my account with Customer Service last night and they recommended talking about it with a supervisor next week.