PDA

View Full Version : [Ubisoft_Account] Uplay points and unlocks. Multiple systems.

randomas
12-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I was wondering what happens when you unlock stuff through Uplay and have the game on both PS3 and PC do the unlocked songs carry through to both or do I need double the points?

Case in question if I unlock the Karawan song where will it work? PS3? PC? Both?

Marauder359
12-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Case in question if I unlock the Karawan song where will it work?

If by "work" you mean "sound good", then no where...

I kid... But I don't know the answer.

randomas
12-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Hmm just went for a quick meander into the uplay thing from my browser and it does indeed look like the 2 things are separated, there's a PS3 tab and a MAC/PC tag ... Anyone else actually tried this?

Are the bonus arrangements stuff that you'd normally unlock by completing missions, or are they a separate deal?

Karawan does sound awkward, but it also sounds like an advanced course in modern melodic prog metal which can't be all bad. ;)

Marauder359
12-13-2013, 03:55 AM
The bonus arrangements are unlocked the same way that song is, by completing missions, getting points, and redeeming those points in Uplay.

rcole_sooner
12-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Cross platform "anything" is not supported.

randomas
12-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Cross platform "anything" is not supported.
Oh man, when I read that my mind played it with a "Vogon" voice over, I had a bit of a giggle. :D

Yes, but Marauder my question was meant to be: Are the songs and arrangements obtainable through Uplay points different from those that get unlocked normally through missions?

Marauder359
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh man, when I read that my mind played it with a "Vogon" voice over, I had a bit of a giggle. :D

Yes, but Marauder my question was meant to be: Are the songs and arrangements obtainable through Uplay points different from those that get unlocked normally through missions?

The songs you unlock by doing missions are new songs. The arrangements you unlock via Uplay are additional pieces to play in extant songs in your library... So, like how in RS1 there may have been a single note, combo 1 and combo 2, now there's lead, alternate lead, and rhythm. The lead and rhythm arrangements are available at purchase, the alternate lead is only available once you unlock it via Uplay... you unlock all of the alternate arrangements at once. So, they're two different things. If you only complete missions, you'll never get the bonus arrangements.

Sorry for being confused for a minute there :)

mrvega79
12-14-2013, 10:26 AM
If by "work" you mean "sound good", then no where...

I kid... But I don't know the answer.

Heh. Yeah, that song inspires me NOT to make progress. Just to keep it locked.

randomas
12-14-2013, 04:16 PM
The songs you unlock by doing missions are new songs. The arrangements you unlock via Uplay are additional pieces to play in extant songs in your library... So, like how in RS1 there may have been a single note, combo 1 and combo 2, now there's lead, alternate lead, and rhythm. The lead and rhythm arrangements are available at purchase, the alternate lead is only available once you unlock it via Uplay... you unlock all of the alternate arrangements at once. So, they're two different things. If you only complete missions, you'll never get the bonus arrangements.

Sorry for being confused for a minute there :)

No problem the question was worded a bit back to front too ... :)

Ok, so I'll try and see what the bonus arrangements are first.

Marauder359
12-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Heh. Yeah, that song inspires me NOT to make progress. Just to keep it locked.

It doesn't just automatically unlock, though, you have to spend Uplay points to unlock it, so progress away! :)

C.Linton
12-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Getting the Uplay points seemed pretty easy to me. I had enough points just messing with the game (as I would have anyway) to get all the bonuses except for the RS fretboard inlays (which I don't care about) within one day of downloading the game.

sh1kamaru-
12-15-2013, 12:47 AM
karawan is one of the best song in the game :) it a pity you have to spend uplay points for each platform, but for me the worst is you cannot play it offline, why didn' they just unlock the song ? :/

Yonda1960
12-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Getting the Uplay points seemed pretty easy to me. I had enough points just messing with the game (as I would have anyway) to get all the bonuses except for the RS fretboard inlays (which I don't care about) within one day of downloading the game.Same here.

Bobert196
12-15-2013, 04:50 PM
I downloaded the Rocksmith 2014 theme on my ps3 but now I can't find it. HELP