PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fox / AI

mjkearns
03-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi,

Has anyone got a flying fox working correctly yet, and if so, have they got the AI using it ?

I've placed my fox, and my tag point for the destination, but when I ride it, I head out into the sky.

Also, I can't figure how to get the AI to use it. I've tried placing an AIOBJECT_FLYING_FOX and all sorts of things, but the grunt just ignores it.

Any info welcomed.

Thx.

mjkearns
03-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi,

Has anyone got a flying fox working correctly yet, and if so, have they got the AI using it ?

I've placed my fox, and my tag point for the destination, but when I ride it, I head out into the sky.

Also, I can't figure how to get the AI to use it. I've tried placing an AIOBJECT_FLYING_FOX and all sorts of things, but the grunt just ignores it.

Any info welcomed.

Thx.

antistar_
03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Reloading the scripts should solve your problem. Objects aren't always updated automatically when you change their properties, so you need to update their scripts. Just click reload scripts from the Tools menu, or the reload just the scripts for the individual objects.

aka Tim Partlett

mjkearns
03-27-2004, 05:26 AM
Okay, thanks for that. The reload of scripts after any changes seems to solve a lot of problems - would be useful if it was automagically done each time you went 'in-game'.

I've managed to line up a 'rope' on the same path as the fox, after lots of trial and error (would be nice to be able to align the non-axis end). Is there an easier way to achieve this ?

Also, I've noticed that my guy seems to ride 'on top' of the fox (above the rope). It could be to do with the axis point, but I can't seem to change this. Is there any solution ?

Thanks.