PDA

View Full Version : (Xbox 360) New Disk Issues

iXSHanKDxJOxDAD
12-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Hello,

I just recently (Last night) purchased the new Rocksmith game for my xbox360. I was sooo excited to get it home and play it! So I walked into my apartment and grabbed my guitar and put in my new game AND...... nothing happened. The disk never came up on my homepage. so I opened it up and tried again. still nothing. I did this three more times and got an error code saying clean the disk. So I did. and after an hour of putzing around with the game I took it back to the retailer and got another game... Same thing happened. I cleaned my xboxs disk tray and still nothing. About ten mins. later I tried again...THE GAME WORKED...for five minuets before saying the disk was dirty. so I contacted Microsoft and they told me it was more then likely a disk error, because all my other games work perfectly.

Should I take this disk back too?? I mean this is the second return of this new rocksmith game I've made and I don't feel like going back to Walmart unless I need too...

HELP!

toymachinesh
12-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Do you have a friend's xbox you can try it on?

iXSHanKDxJOxDAD
12-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I can always try that too. A lot of people are saying its the optical reader but, I cleaned mine. And none of my files are corrupted... sigh... I just don't know

toymachinesh
12-12-2013, 08:30 AM
I can tell you that Rocksmith 1 started saying "dirty disc error blah blah" and then a few weeks later RRoD. There's someone on YouTube that claims they returned the game 3 times and it didn't work. It's very odd.

iXSHanKDxJOxDAD
12-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Idk, I mean I just got this xbox slim not even a year ago. I didn't have issues with the first Rocksmith, or even the new Assassins creed game. Just this game. Idk, Ubi might be getting a phone call today when they open....

Goooner1
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I've been having issues with my RS2014 disc of late too. Sometimes opening and then closing the disc tray sorts it, may sometimes take a couple of tries, other times it takes a complete reboot.

I must get around to trying some other discs to see if it's the disc or the 360, but the RS2014 disc is the only one that's been in there since release day :)

Qualyn99
12-25-2013, 09:01 AM
I am having the same issue. Purchased Rocksmith new opened it tonight and getting error message to clean disk. It's brand new out of the package, tried it several times and nothing, same error message. All of my other games work great with no problems. I too have the xbox360 slim and it is not very old either. Path is is the first time I have ever had this issue with a game.

C.Linton
12-25-2013, 09:52 AM
I am soooo glad I got the digital download from PSN. I suspect it's why I'm not having any major tech issues, especially with a dirty or faulty disc. Maybe you could take it back to the store and get it exchanged and see if that works.

metro6775
12-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I just received a new xbox and Rocksmith 2014 for Christmas. I am getting "unrecognized disc" error. I also received Minecraft and it is working fine. I was so excited to play this game. What a bummer :(

toymachinesh
12-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah it seems like there's a bad batch of discs possibly. It's really strange. I'd return it and download the Games on Demand version

metro6775
12-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Well I give up. The xbox finally read the disc but then the game would freeze whenever I entered "learn a song". After about the fifth freeze I took a break. Just a few minutes ago I go back on to try some troubleshooting and now the disc is unreadable again. I guess I will be in the mile long returns line tomorrow at Target.

Toymachinesh I would take your advice but I need the cord and I bought the game with cord on sale $30 off.

I have been playing video games for over 25 years dating back to Atari 2600 and this is the most frustrating time I've had with a new game.

toymachinesh
12-26-2013, 03:01 AM
All I can say is they are aware of the faulty disc issue, hope they figure out what exactly is causing it.

mdwar2005
12-26-2013, 11:40 PM
All I can say is they are aware of the faulty disc issue, hope they figure out what exactly is causing it.

Not based upon my call with support - no admittance at all that it could be a faulty disk. I''m already on my second disk - 360 reads every other disk I own without issue - just not this one. They've offered to exchange, but I think I'm just going to return it. Doesn't seem worth the frustration.

toymachinesh
12-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Support ≠ Ubisoft SF Developers

metro6775
12-27-2013, 04:23 AM
I returned mine today. It is so hard to pinpoint if it was just my disc or if there is an overall issue. I don't see too many issues like mine where the disc is unreadable or when readable it instantly locks up in learn a song. I do see other people with other problems such as lockups after playing an hour or two. I actually envy those people since mine locked up within a minute. I read so many rave reviews on this game and really want it to work. I'm trying to decide if I should wait a few months to read any news about bugs being worked out or if I should give it another chance since it is on sale on Amazon.

I'm kind of bummed since I was so pumped to play this game. I'm so tired of reading tab in magazines.