PDA

View Full Version : New TrackIR Help

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Just got it out of the box last night and I need help. The basics are done but how do I fine tune and maximase. I got a X45 and a Microsoft Force Feedback setup. Help!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Just got it out of the box last night and I need help. The basics are done but how do I fine tune and maximase. I got a X45 and a Microsoft Force Feedback setup. Help!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Easy:

1. Use a profile with a big dead zone in the centre so slight movements of your head don't have your field of view dancing all over the screen. I can email you the one I use to try if you PM me. Basically it has an almost "bathtub" profile.

2. Make sure it is in enhanced mode when you are in the game. Many people find it jumps back to basic "mouse emulation". It's easy to tell, if you hit the "centre" key and nothing happens you are in mouse emulation, so just toggle to enhanced.

3. Get the scanner close (within 30-40 cm). A lot of problems with the motion not being smooth seem to be due to the scanner not being able to get a bright signal from the reflecctor.

4. Following from which... some, but not all, people find that one dot is not enough. I ended up sticking about six to a tiny piece or cardboard and blu-tacking it to the bridge of my glasses. For me this made the motion considerably smoother.

Regards,

RocketDog.