PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Mute guitar monitor under Riff Repeater

ancalimonungol
12-11-2013, 05:51 AM
A very simple but extremely useful one:

When playing riff repeater to learn a song, I sometimes want to hear what the original guitar exactly sounds like so is it possible for the developers to put a mute guitar sound keyboard shortcut the game which I can simply press while in Riff Repeater?

What I'm asking for is different than totally muting the sound of my guitar (for example by turning the volume knob of the guitar all the way down). I still want the game to register what I'm playing but I don't want to hear it from my speakers.

I need this feature to easily understand how a solo in a song is played precisely. :)

mrvega79
12-11-2013, 10:20 AM
When you select a section in the Riff Repeater, it will give you the playback for that section -- at the speed and difficulty level you've set. So you can turn your guitar down to play along with that. It's not exactly what you're looking for, of course.

Otherwise, I've taken to turning my guitar down really low when I'm practicing, which makes it a lot easier to hear the guitar part I'm supposed to be playing (and the rest of the track).I can set the guitar low enough so I barely hear it -- definitely helps to pick up strum patterns, etc..

Asterlius
12-14-2013, 12:26 PM
go to the main menu, press spacebar and open mixer, turn guitar 1 to 0, load riff repeater

This should work?

mrvega79
12-14-2013, 07:04 PM
go to the main menu, press spacebar and open mixer, turn guitar 1 to 0, load riff repeater

This should work?

I think he still wants Rocksmith to register the notes he's playing, he just doesn't want to hear his guitar.

thoman23
12-14-2013, 10:32 PM
I think he still wants Rocksmith to register the notes he's playing, he just doesn't want to hear his guitar.

And that's exactly what Asterlius's suggestion would do.

mrvega79
12-14-2013, 11:06 PM
And that's exactly what Asterlius's suggestion would do.

Well, waddya know? It still doesn't explain to me why someone would want this. But to each his own I suppose.