PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy the songs from Rocksmith if i only have Rocksmith 2014?

buddyschaub
12-11-2013, 05:35 AM
I just order Rd2014. I have always wanted to play. Is there a way to get the song pack from the first rocksmith game? This is for PC so I will be using my steam account when the game gets here.

TheJohnNewton
12-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Currently on Steam you need to own the first RockSmith to buy the DLC from it. They claim yo be working on a fix. You could look for a good deal on the original and then for a ten dollar fee import most of the songs from it into 2014. You will then also be able to buy the original DLC even without a Steam fix.

Marauder359
12-11-2013, 09:29 AM
If you do buy RS1, which I do recommend, because there are a lot of good songs, particularly for beginners, make sure it's a new copy with the Steam key intact. Otherwise, it's not going to work.

hedwards362
12-11-2013, 05:58 PM
If you do buy RS1, which I do recommend, because there are a lot of good songs, particularly for beginners, make sure it's a new copy with the Steam key intact. Otherwise, it's not going to work.

Or just buy it directly from Steam. Considering that it's a Steam game, you might as well just buy it there. I can't recall if you can buy it through the Uplay store. But, in any case, there's no reason to buy a physical copy of a Steam game. The only reason that's offered as an option is for impulse buyers. You still have to download patches and activate through Steam anyways.

buddyschaub
12-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Thank you guys, I think I will get it from steam if its over there. I have many steam games and like how it stores all the info.