PDA

View Full Version : 1 GB Update Black Screen After Disclaimer

Ghostfighter300
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok so first a small update was released and many had issues with the black screen after the disclaimer, Then I post a forum in which Cyanide provided a solution with the corrupt patch. Today I get home and notice 1.1Gb update so I do it and again im sitting in the exact same **** as before!!!!!!!!! Something to do with the server distributing corrupt files. Cyanide can you please help again???:confused:

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Good Morning,

I have exactly the same issue, I have reinstalled the game three times and each time I get the same issue.

Please assist.

Cyanide
12-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Sigh... yeah I checked earlier and my game also failed to launch. I'll have a proper look after work later this evening and maybe it is the same issue. However, if it is the same issue, I won't be able to post the files here as I've been told by Ubisoft that I would get banned if I do that again. I could give out a list of files that I think might be corrupted this time and you'll have to source the files by other means. Maybe Ubisoft support will be able to source those files through a support ticket. .

This is still speculation if it is the same issue though.

Coach811981
12-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Morning all

Same thing here. To make it work I did the usual renaming of the "DataPC_patch.forge" file that was recommended around the forums.
Still it doesn't seem right to do it, I can still play even if the hints section displays random numbers lol.

Hopefully one day we will get a patch that actually works.

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 08:51 AM
What I don’t get is that if this is an obvious bigger issue and a known issue why does Ubisoft not release a fix? why is it up to the general public to solve issues?

Please ubi, we bought the game and want to play it can you assist please? or at least give an indication on if you are aware of the issue?

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Morning all

Same thing here. To make it work I did the usual renaming of the "DataPC_patch.forge" file that was recommended around the forums.
Still it doesn't seem right to do it, I can still play even if the hints section displays random numbers lol.

Hopefully one day we will get a patch that actually works.

Thnx Coach811981 will try it tonight when im home!!

Coach811981
12-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Id like to know whether the problem is regional or its just a random thing that's happening.
Im from South Africa so it would be good to know if its a regional problem or not.

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Im from SA as well.

Well for me any indication that they are aware of the problem will show me progress to getting the issue sorted.

Ghostfighter300
12-11-2013, 10:33 AM
yes, im also from south africa. but first heres a tempory fix, locate the assasins creed 4 folder then download the first data_pc patch.forge that cyanide suggested then replace it with the one in the ac4 folder and the game will work but im unsure if it causes any problems.none for me so far:)))

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 02:05 PM
ok after reading some of the other posts all i can say is this is really sad, ubi has not gotten back to anyone except for threating to ban them..... some brave souls are still posting the fix so latest the work around is there. there is absolutely no harm in just replying on a group post and stating that there is a known issue and that they are working on it. yes that won’t help the problem but at least it’s some progress rather than just staying quiet......AND POSTING THREATS to the ppl that actually want to do something. -_-

Kealan0402
12-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I love how useless this makes Ubi look, the company should just close and leave game making to the better companies. Threatening your customers due to your lack of intelligence is also rather professional and mature...

Kealan0402
12-11-2013, 02:25 PM
that was sarcasm incase Ubi couldn't tell.

Ghostfighter300
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
It's really frustrating to see how ubi does not give a damn Now all they care about is ps4 and couldnt give a second look to pc players.Thousands of players are experiencing these issues and ubi can't even give a **** or a least post a thread stating they are doing something cyanide helped so many people and then ubisoft threatened him for doing it:(

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Bwhahaha ok this is really getting sad.

"It's work!

Download game and install again won't fix this.
so i was do this..
Open browser and Google.com in the url and search for - *removed*

How sad for ubisoft with this little bug.

Last edited by Ubi-Mush; Today at 01:26 PM."

Please note the above! :D and yet another fix removed by the awesome Ubisoft! :D but yet again no simple reply to say yes we are working on it :D :D loving this trend.
Sad part is they know they have our cash else we will not be on the forums *****ing about the poor service. so why care now.

Ghostfighter300
12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
agreed well thx to the brave soul who tried at least;)

Asguardwolf
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
can also use Nvidia Experience to launch the game rather than uplay console seems to work also and keeps you online using it till they get the patch sorted works fine.

Cyanide
12-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah this is the same issue as the previous patch, at least in my case. The DataPC_patch.forge file is incorrect and causing the game to crash on start up. This issue seems to affect certain locations leading me to believe several local patch servers are distributing out corrupted files.

jrheymans
12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning,

ok last night after some playing, reinstalling, downloading cracks and patches from everywhere, replacing files I managed to sort my whole game out.

I was able to play with no problems, the file in question is definitely the problem and replacing it with an older version is the way to go. it’s a simple 13Mb file and dl it is a charm.

Thnx to everyone that had a hand in helping with this problem and getting it sorted. Now i can wait the 10 years for Ubi to release an actual fix for all the bugs ( LOL had to say that even thou I know it will never happen in my lifetime) then hopefully I can play the MP version of the game as well, for now I’m just happy SP is working.

Thnx again and Ubi PLEASE WAKE UP, I wonder sometimes if the creators of the game the ones that actually put all the work and effort in sees these forums and how they feel knowing that the community wants to play their games but can’t because of all the red tape and errors..

GL and have fun.

Coach811981
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning,

ok last night after some playing, reinstalling, downloading cracks and patches from everywhere, replacing files I managed to sort my whole game out.

I was able to play with no problems, the file in question is definitely the problem and replacing it with an older version is the way to go. it’s a simple 13Mb file and dl it is a charm.

Thnx to everyone that had a hand in helping with this problem and getting it sorted. Now i can wait the 10 years for Ubi to release an actual fix for all the bugs ( LOL had to say that even thou I know it will never happen in my lifetime) then hopefully I can play the MP version of the game as well, for now I’m just happy SP is working.

Thnx again and Ubi PLEASE WAKE UP, I wonder sometimes if the creators of the game the ones that actually put all the work and effort in sees these forums and how they feel knowing that the community wants to play their games but can’t because of all the red tape and errors..

GL and have fun.

Hey man

just wanted to ask was the file in question the patch file or did it involve multiple files?

jrheymans
12-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi,

Yes it was just the one Patch file.

For me atleast. apparantly this solution is not working for everyone and that in itself is sad. cause they will not be able to play at all for something they paid....

GL i hope this works for you.

If you want more info PM me.

Ghostfighter300
12-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Guys Great news, ubisoft mended the issue.I was prompted for a uplay update I did it, verified the files and installed the tiny piece and then like magic the game started up with no issues or black screen whatsoever!!!!!! finnaly ubisoft:)))))

denoswn
12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Are you really sure abot this ? I was tired of all this, and completely uninstalled the game and UPlay yesterday until an official announcement is made.

What update you did ?

Ghostfighter300
12-12-2013, 09:13 PM
im sure, the update was roughly 70mb and after I did it I verified ac4's files installed roughly 10 mb and the game worked, but it wasnt an ac4 update it was a uplay update:) is there anybody else that can confirm me????

Ghostfighter300
12-12-2013, 09:14 PM
but after installing everything make sure u verify the files:)

denoswn
12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Well, I still want to see other people doing this.

Please update us Ghostfighter, whether if it works everytime you play. Hope it is not temporary for you.

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 12:05 AM
well so far its worked everytime, im playing perfectly for the last 4 hours no probs on 1.03.uplay update fixed something.it was released thursday,have any of you actually tried it again verify, update etc????

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Remember the uplay update was released a few hours ago so not many peaple have tested it again:)

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi All,

Since my manual fix i was to afraid to do any sort of update. i will however try tonight and let you all know, with my fix i am still able to play with no problems EXCEPT mp, mine still crashes even before it loads.

Will update after 4pm when im home,

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 09:10 AM
@ Denoswn

Dude a random question, could your problem not be related to Punk buster? i know for fact that BF3 & 4 kicks you out after a short time if your punk buster is not up to date? try a reinstall or update of your punk buster an see if that helps your game.

This is just a random idea, GL dude

denoswn
12-13-2013, 09:16 AM
@ Denoswn

Dude a random question, could your problem not be related to Punk buster? i know for fact that BF3 & 4 kicks you out after a short time if your punk buster is not up to date? try a reinstall or update of your punk buster an see if that helps your game.

This is just a random idea, GL dude

Well, during the installation of AC4, I get a punkbuster error at the end of installation everytime. But if I remember correctly, I had already received this error during my first installation, but I was able to play the game without any problems until December 5, where these crashes started for all of us.

I was able to locate the punkbuster folder in my AC4 folder, there is just an .exe file there and I don't know what to do with it.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 09:32 AM
If im Correct you can dl and install punk buster as a separate application, install and update and try again, this is ofc only if you can actually go into that game and play.

denoswn
12-13-2013, 09:46 AM
But is it related to single player ? I thought pb is only for MP.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 09:55 AM
You are right generally it is related to only MP but your MP is also crashing, that is why i am thinking ( i know its dangerous) they might apply the PB rules to SP for ease or something, like i stated earlier it was a random idea seeing as you have exhausted all other possibilities but never mentioned PB as a possible cause.

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 10:05 AM
The Black screen has nothing to do with PunkBuster.Its a server distributing corrupt files thats why only certain people were affected.I got a punkbuster error as well and my ac4 works perfect after the uplay update yesterday.I updated , verified ac4 and it suddenly worked again its like the uplay update fixed something;)

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 10:06 AM
as well as after that my mp worked fine again as as before the uplay update it was crashing on startup

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
If im Correct you can dl and install punk buster as a separate application, install and update and try again, this is ofc only if you can actually go into that game and play.

The Black screen has nothing to do with PunkBuster.Its a server distributing corrupt files thats why only certain people were affected.I got a punkbuster error as well and my ac4 works perfect after the uplay update yesterday.I updated , verified ac4 and it suddenly worked again its like the uplay update fixed something;)

Hi Ghost,

Yes you are correct. I also mentioned it as in my quote above, Denoswn is having a problem where he can play but after 5 mins his game crashes, this is nothing to do with the black screen.

Any Luck yet Denoswn?

serunox
12-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Don't think it's a region specific problem only. Im in New Zealand and still have this issue. After reading these posts, noted there was a new update but that still didnt fix my issue. I can actually play the game ofline without applying the patch but as soon as I apply it the game doesnt want to know anything about working.Tired verifying the files, Punkbuster update etc, but still that damn black screen appears.

Really hope Ubisoft gets it sorted, such a great game.

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 10:51 AM
ok my bad did not see that:)

denoswn
12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
I am currently at work, will try when I get back to home.

Since the beginning, my problem is a little bit different than yours. I already mentioned it in another topic in technical help section.

The thing is, I never had any problems connecting to Ubisoft servers, losing my save data, or sp.exe/mp.exe crash. I successfully start my game everytime, but after playing like 6 minutes, suddenly the game freezes and so does my computer. I get either a black or white screen and a buzzy sound. I never saw a sp or mp exe error, because there is no way for me to get back to my desktop. I am being forced to reset my computer instead.

Only two times I was able to play without any crashes since 5 December.

Ghostfighter300
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
mmm did you install all the drivers, do you have the right hardware and did you uninstall/reinstall???

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
@ Denoswn

I am at a loss for words dude, it seems your just not supposed to play this game, I have exhausted all option i can think of. Only other thing I can think of is that it could be a hardware issue, but I think you might have already looked at it. sounds like a Graphics card overheat or something like that. You have tried to set your settings all the way down to the lowest and started upping them one by one to see if that makes a difference?

Other than that I don’t know hard to diagnose if you can’t see it actually happening.

I hope Ubi sorts this out the proper way so that we can at least take the software outa the equation.

GL Bro keep me posted I’m really interested to hear what the actual cause was. IF AND WHEN it gets sorted

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Well im still resorting to the renaming of the patch file so that I can actually play.
I have tried removing the patch file, verifying re-downloading but to no avail.
Im at the stage of "if it aint broke don't fix it" stage so if renaming a file works ill stick with it even if I cant see the hints im fine that it just plays.
As with everyone else we can only hope for a future update that actually sorts this mess out.

denoswn
12-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks dude for your interest in my case :)

There is no way that it is related to my hardware, I was already able to play the game without any issues. I was using programs like D3D Overrider for triple buffering and Fraps for screenshots as well. No problems at all. Everything started with the second patch, during 4 or 5 December.

My specs are:

Asus GTX 770 (brand new, bought it 3 weeks ago)
16 GB DDR 3 G-Skill Ripjaws RAM (brand new, I added 8 GB more)
i5 2500k
1 TB HDD
Asus P8 P67 LE Motherboard
Asus 23' MX239H Monitor (Brand new, actually these crashes started after I bought this new monitor. But there is no way it is related to it, since these problems started at the same time it started for you and I have no problems with other games)

I've never tried it with low settings, and I really don't want to. Because I was able to play it without any problems just a week ago or so.

My graphic drivers are also updated. I don't use safe mode + driver sweeper because my graphics card is brand new and my computer is formatted 3 weeks ago. There can't be any conflicts.

I updated my bios, cleared temp folder and did many other things. Not a big change.

Things I've not tried but don't want to since I am exhausted:

- Disable UPlay Synch and delete save games, start the game in offline mode (one time I tried offline but not followed the exact steps, crash again)
- Play the game with lowest settings
- Play the game with Eset NOD 32 Antivirus disabled.

Well im still resorting to the renaming of the patch file so that I can actually play.
I have tried removing the patch file, verifying re-downloading but to no avail.
Im at the stage of "if it aint broke don't fix it" stage so if renaming a file works ill stick with it even if I cant see the hints im fine that it just plays.
As with everyone else we can only hope for a future update that actually sorts this mess out.

What do you actually rename it to ? I didn't try this since people encountered bugs.

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
hey there denoswn

Anything really, funny enough I actually deleted the file and it worked lol
I just renamed it to "DataPC_patchOLD.forge" for example.
Only bug so far is that It doesn't display hints properly. I think also for some players switching weapons was an issue but for me that didn't happen.

Clearly this is not the long-term solution to the problem but anything to get it working I say.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 01:02 PM
@ Denoswn

I sent you a PM please lemme know if you got it?

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM
So I also found something here on the forums (maybe you have read it)
Its another way of potentially solving the "black screen" issue.
Take a look, personally I havnt tried it yet myself.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815483-One-possible-AC4-Black-Screen-fix

The issue would definitely be possible repetition of the above in the event of a new patch.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Denoswn was the first one to reply to that threat Coach so i guess he did see it.

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Denoswn was the first one to reply to that threat Coach so i guess he did see it.

My bad lol!

In any event its there if anyone else sees it.

denoswn
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks man, I got your PM.

I received a very long reply from Ubisoft today, some interesting things there. I will give a shot at all of them and write here.

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks man, I got your PM.

I received a very long reply from Ubisoft today, some interesting things there. I will give a shot at all of them and write here.

I also sent them a long message about the whole black screen issue but havnt received anything in over 24hrs.

Im hoping from your end that atleast one of the recommendations they gave you work.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Well got home decided to do the whole verify thing, got the install option, it downloaded about 19Mb Start game, BOOM black screen of death.

OI UBI Microsoft already has a screen of death, no need to create your own, please help and fix this.

denoswn
12-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I also sent them a long message about the whole black screen issue but havnt received anything in over 24hrs.

Im hoping from your end that atleast one of the recommendations they gave you work.

No worries, here is their reply.

In order to fully troubleshoot the problem that you are having please try the steps below:

1. Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed to your computer system. This includes your windows firewall as well as updating the firmware for your home router.

If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated program or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem.

2. You will need to configure your router or firewall to allow the following network ports for the best possible connection:

Uplay Launcher:
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website.

3. Disabling your background applications:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter
Go to the tab, which says Start-up
Click the option to Disable All
Press Apply, then Close then pick the option to Restart

4. Clearing your temporary files:

To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time)
Type in %TEMP% and press enter.
Go to Edit and Select All.
Go to File and Delete.

NOTE: If you are using Windows 7, to highlight the files you will need to press Ctrl + A together. Once the files are highlighted, you will need to press the Delete key.

5. Try deleting your HOSTS file by following this path in Windows Explorer: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete the hosts file and try the game again.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

6. Make sure the drivers for your video card, sound card, motherboard and processor are up to date

It's important that the components of your machine have the most up to date drivers. If they are not then you may experience a number of different issues. To update your video card and sound card drivers you would be best off going to the video card's and sound card's manufacturers website. For motherboard drivers and processor drivers, you would be best off going to the machine manufacturers website.

If you have a laptop, you need to visit the laptop manufacturers website to update all drivers.

7. Try Installing it again now. If you still have problems, can you try creating a new admin account on your computer and/or a new Uplay account and installing it on there?

Maybe we can try these together and find a solution. Also, I don't know what to do for 2, the one with Tcp.

Coach811981
12-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Well got home decided to do the whole verify thing, got the install option, it downloaded about 19Mb Start game, BOOM black screen of death.

OI UBI Microsoft already has a screen of death, no need to create your own, please help and fix this.

Its quite strange with this, I think the file on disk or rather in the folder is around 13MB and when you actually verify and then download the file again its around 20MB?

Doesn't make sense at all, really sorry that its happened to you again.

jrheymans
12-13-2013, 10:19 PM
No worries no harm done, I made a complete backup of my game before even attempting it. So in the end I simply replaced the old folder with the new and I'm happily playing, owning ships doing upgrades :D amazing game btw.

denoswn
12-13-2013, 11:41 PM
No worries no harm done, I made a complete backup of my game before even attempting it. So in the end I simply replaced the old folder with the new and I'm happily playing, owning ships doing upgrades :D amazing game btw.

Wait, whaat ? You solved it ? Tell us the whole story man !

jrheymans
12-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Well the original solution from Cyanide is what got me playing from the start. I sent you my solution via pm.

Ghostfighter300
12-14-2013, 08:30 AM
mm so frustrating, I was haveing the exact same issue but its strange that mine got fixed via a uplay update and only mine???

miranzzzz
12-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Well the original solution from Cyanide is what got me playing from the start. I sent you my solution via pm.

Why pm? why won't you just share it with all of us... wtf?

jorisgoud
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM

Hi jrheymans,
Could you also PM me your solution.
Thanks!

serunox
12-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I just deleted the Data_PC.forge file, verified the game files, did the install part and it works.Got past the damn screen and into the game. Will see if it bums out after a while or not.

denoswn
12-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Keep us informed, Serunox. (Although this is a method I tried)

You are deleting the Data_PC, not the patch one right ?

serunox
12-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Keep us informed, Serunox. (Although this is a method I tried)

You are deleting the Data_PC, not the patch one right ?

Just played a full hour with no problems at all. Everything synced up with the cloud and the companion app synced up too.

Well I deleted the DataPC.forge from my main AC4 folder, Im not sure if it's the patched one or not. Deleted the file and ran the verify files in Uplay. Did a "install" and it worked.

Have yo tried other deleting some of the other forge files?

jrheymans
12-15-2013, 01:05 AM
@ Miranzzzz

Well the wtf reason is if you have been following any of the other threats you will notice that Ubi has threatened to ban ANYONE who shares the solution publicly...... so as to that i like my account even thou UBI is useless atm.

I simply delete the DataPC_patch.forge file and then I download a version of it from the internet but i have a link where I get mine that worked. so yes again its not my fault that UBI does not want to fix something and then prevents anyone else from doing so as well. Also please note this solution does not work for everyone, I'm happy it did for me.

miranzzzz
12-15-2013, 04:40 PM
@ Miranzzzz

Well the wtf reason is if you have been following any of the other threats you will notice that Ubi has threatened to ban ANYONE who shares the solution publicly...... so as to that i like my account even thou UBI is useless atm.

I simply delete the DataPC_patch.forge file and then I download a version of it from the internet but i have a link where I get mine that worked. so yes again its not my fault that UBI does not want to fix something and then prevents anyone else from doing so as well. Also please note this solution does not work for everyone, I'm happy it did for me.

Oh, I see ok than sorry about that. I'll try and delete the DataPC_patch.forge File and Verify files...

EDIT: lol I had 2 DataPC_patch.forge one 9mb and one 12mb deleted them both verifyed files and game works now !
i guess that was the problem the conflict or something like that so that's my fix delete DataPC_patch.forge (make sure all of them are deleted i had 2) and Verify files.

jrheymans
12-19-2013, 03:26 PM
And here we go again.... i really really dont understand this. They released a 4GB update two days ago, after patching BSOD...... why? how? is this possible, how can a patch be released for a game that is not working? really how, what is the point of releasing content for a broken game????????? is it just me not understanding this? does it make sense to anyone else? How can one company care so little about their own products or the clients they have worked to hard to gain over the past years with the AC franchise? Is there any UBIsoft member out there that cares enough to simply reply to this message and state how this is possible and why you dont care? why is there forums in the first place? is it some sadistic sick mind game that you play to see how many of your loyal players you can piss off? seriously this is getting outa hand please fix the game its a simple matter i am sure! but please just do it! common Ubi.......

Uchiha4Eva
12-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I would also like to finally please play my game!

riettedt
12-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey guys.

Looks like all of us who had problems before are back here, trying to fix our problems again. *sigh*

So yesterday, I decided hey let's check out the new PhysX stuff they added in the new update. Downloaded the update, was somewhere in the 200mb size area if I remember correctly, ran it and low and behold the Black screen after the "inspired by historical events" screen came up. (This has been happening with every update, and I fix it the way Cyanide found out.) Anyway I try and fix the black screen problem how I usually do and it doesn't work. I put the old DataPC_patch.forge file back in it's place. Still doesn't work. Verify files. Game now crashes on start up. So does the multiplayer. I've verified files a million times and nothing works. So now I'm stuck with a game that doesn't even start up.

I've also noticed that if I try and launch the game from the shortcut icon, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. The game will only start if I first open uPlay and launch it through there. Also, I've noticed that the icon that comes up in taskbar when the game starts, isn't the ACIV icon. It's the icon Windows gives a program it doesn't know. So, I'm wondering if my game isn't now somehow corrupt now? But then again, wouldn't verifying the files fix that?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!!

EDIT: I've been searching the forums and the net for a solution, but there doesn't seem to be any real fix for this problem either :/ Also reinstalled my graphics driver just because. Didn't do diddlysquat.

jrheymans
12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
I have a working version of the game (Patch 1.03 with the 1.02 Forge file) and my broken version (Fully updated and verified via Uplay), each time there is an update i copy my whole game folder out just incase its broken again, and each time without fail i get the BSOD, then i copy my crowbar version of the the game back and i can play again, my problem thou is i bought the season pass so all the additional content does not help me one bit cause i cannot get the updates. i am now 67% (only standard content no aditional or DLC content) tru the game and will try and finish it. i am currently working with Ubi to get my game working, or shall i say try to get it working.

Multi player has never worked for me, it luanches and then just dies. no error message nothing.

Last time i will prolly buy an Ubi product.

riettedt
12-24-2013, 08:32 AM
I have a working version of the game (Patch 1.03 with the 1.02 Forge file) and my broken version (Fully updated and verified via Uplay), each time there is an update i copy my whole game folder out just incase its broken again, and each time without fail i get the BSOD, then i copy my crowbar version of the the game back and i can play again, my problem thou is i bought the season pass so all the additional content does not help me one bit cause i cannot get the updates. i am now 67% (only standard content no aditional or DLC content) tru the game and will try and finish it. i am currently working with Ubi to get my game working, or shall i say try to get it working.

Multi player has never worked for me, it luanches and then just dies. no error message nothing.

Last time i will prolly buy an Ubi product.

I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling, but I don't want to lose my save games. I've managed to finish the game, but I still have a few things to do and I don't want to lose my progress.

EDIT: This is the first time I've ever had problems with a Ubisoft product. I've got all the other AC games and none of them have a problem. It's just Black Flag. And I don't understand why these problems haven't been addressed yet. Maybe it's time to go to Kotaku/Gizmodo/PC Gamer and tell them about this farce...Ubi will be quick enough then to apologize and fix the problems then.

VolumeRX
12-24-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling, but I don't want to lose my save games. I've managed to finish the game, but I still have a few things to do and I don't want to lose my progress.

EDIT: This is the first time I've ever had problems with a Ubisoft product. I've got all the other AC games and none of them have a problem. It's just Black Flag. And I don't understand why these problems haven't been addressed yet. Maybe it's time to go to Kotaku/Gizmodo/PC Gamer and tell them about this farce...Ubi will be quick enough then to apologize and fix the problems.
Just back up the folder named '273'. in the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder there's a folder with a strange name, get in the folder and find 273 Copy it and Paste it on Desktop or somewhere that you will remember, after Re-Installing the game, put it back where It's been before the Uninstallation

riettedt
12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Just back up the folder named '273'. in the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder there's a folder with a strange name, get in the folder and find 273 Copy it and Paste it on Desktop or somewhere that you will remember, after Re-Installing the game, put it back where It's been before the Uninstallation

Will do that. Thanks!

Ghostfighter300
12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
same here!!!
I run the game then I see the icon in the taskbar isnt the aciv icon its a unrecognised icon then crash.Ac4bfsp isnt responding totally sick of this.verifying does diddlysqaut reinstalling does diddlysqaut this is a issue with ubi!!!

PH.Kakakalvin
01-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Hey guys. I'm still contemplating if I should patch my game since I've done the single player campaign offline. I patched my game once and after the black screen did a reinstall and never patched it again. Anyone can pm me the fix? I would also like to know if in anyway my game save will be deleted if I patch the game?