PDA

View Full Version : (PC-ACIV) NO SOCIAL EVENTS (Yet another thread)

lsgnobody
12-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Although I am aware that there are several threads on this issue, I would like to add my voice to those affected by the lack of blue icons during our gameplay...
I have already contacted support several times about it. Below is the discussion I've been having with support:

Dear Vincent, I am sorry but this complaint is not closed. Following your recomendation, I checked again the forums. Here is what I found:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/813233-It-s-been-a-week-now-When-will-the-social-events-be-fixed
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815548-No-more-social-events
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events
Again it seems the problem is being overlooked and I am not a single complainer. Let me state again that I could not care less for the social events but I care for the entire game content as described previous to my purchase. This behavior is unnacceptable coming from a Company such as Ubisoft. You are not indie developers! Where is the respect with your costumers? Why is there no official statement concerning this? Get it over with so your costumers can settle down and stop looking for inexistent content. Please advise on a deadline for such corrections/patches to be made. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Regards.

Vincent12/9/2013 5:32:45 PM
Hello, Pirating the entire search while on a boat may allow you to miss out on possible opportunities that may be located on land. I have passed this along to be looked into. I ask that you continue to keep an eye over the forums regarding any updates, patches or other possible information in the upcoming future. Thank you for your cooperation, Ubisoft Support

lsgnobody12/7/2013 9:44:27 PM
Here is what I found at the forums: forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events/ It seems I'm not the only one with the issue - instead, looks like Ubisoft is trying to fix whatever is stopping the social events from showing up. It would be nice from you to advise when the problem is finally solved - so I won't need to play the game every other day looking the social treasure just to be frustrated when it's never going to be there. Also, would you please advise what you mean by "pirating the entire search"? You mean, at the ship? Because I'm assuming the social treasures are not there but at islands and cities, am I correct?

Vincent12/6/2013 9:38:54 PM
Hello, The community events last for a certain amount of time and should repeat again in the future. I would suggest checking online regarding methods locating content in-game. You may also check over at our forums here: http://forums.ubi.com/forum.php . The social treasure icons require you to be extremely close to the item for it to appear. If you are pirating the entire search, then the chances of locating these items may decrease drastically. Although, I will submit the unlocking of all content as a suggestion to be looked into. We apologize for the frustration and appreciate your patience. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. Ubisoft Support

lsgnobody12/6/2013 4:54:12 PM
Hello? Anyone?

lsgnobody12/1/2013 4:27:51 AM
Dear Ubi, I've played Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag to 95% for more than 80+ hours, all of them connected to Uplay. You will find that in my Uplay friend list there are 48 people who actively play the game as well (there used to be 150 people but it seems uplay bugs after 50 friends and Kenway's Fleet can't be used anymore...). Not once in the whole 80+ hours,I (or any of my friends) found a "social treasure". Due to that, I am unable to unlock a set of swords and a costume. There are other items as well that depend on the so called "community challenges" to be unlocked. Even though I did the one released on acinitiates.com, I never got a prize for it (the explorer outfit or any or the other unlockable items). I assume there were technical difficulties... But I could not care less for the social/community events/treasures... I'd be willing to pay (even though it sounds absurd) to be able to unlock all the items on my game - which are already mine... but can't be unlocked because there's something wrong with ubi's servers. Could you please consider releasing this by DLC or, I don't know... let people unlock their stuff in the game without having to find impossible stuff or logging into a website? It is really uninteresting and I feel obligated to do it if I want to complete 100% on the game. Thank you for your attention and I kindly expect an answer on how to unlock the items... Regards

It drives me mad that I depend on Ubisoft's good will and working servers to unlock items from the game. Also, why is there no official statement on this case? I mean, this can't be SO bad... Simply admit you are having issues and get it fixed... Or cancel the whole thing! Leave it for Watch Dogs - since it's the reason why no patches are going to be released for ACIV.

KiBaFuS
12-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I also want to know why do not work social events. Sorry for my english.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Mr.Shade has already said it's a known issue. As far as the Community Challenges, there haven't been any for PC besides Multiplayer Challenges.

Also, your attitude is utter crap. You're treating Vincent like he's the one causing the actual issue, and he's just support. He cannot give you a solution as to when it's finished, nor a deadline, because not only is he Support, but the Devs don't know either.

As a programmer, I'll tell you we cannot just snap our fingers like that. It's not that easy. The items in the game are merely extra items that do not break the game in any sense of the word. Oh, you can't get 100%? How's the rest of the game? Fine? Thank Jaysus for that then.

Yes, it sucks. I agree completely. But having the attitude you're having with a guy from Support whose job is to pretty much relay and document issues is pathetic. Try to lighten up some and put yourself in his shoes for a minute.

lsgnobody
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Uhm... Hi, and thank you for your input.

I am not sure why my attitude is the theme of your post here but I would like to advise you to read it again, if interested, and notice if in any case I was actually disrespectful towards Mr. Vincent from support. I honestly believe I was not and - if so - please be kind to point it out so I can apologize.

Angry, yes. Frustrated? Yes. Not disrespectful. I am aware Vincent is not the one causing the issue. He is however at the front line of the Company's costumer support. Believe me, if I could talk specifically to Mr. Superintendent of Development Resources Management, I would gladly do it - yet, still in a respectful manner.

I really find Ubisoft's lack of response and completely disregard for paying costumers the "attitude" I can not fathom to expect from a Company I am so proud of being a loyal fan for such a long time.

Mr.Shade has already said it's a known issue. As far as the Community Challenges, there haven't been any for PC besides Multiplayer Challenges.

Also, your attitude is utter crap. You're treating Vincent like he's the one causing the actual issue, and he's just support. He cannot give you a solution as to when it's finished, nor a deadline, because not only is he Support, but the Devs don't know either.

As a programmer, I'll tell you we cannot just snap our fingers like that. It's not that easy. The items in the game are merely extra items that do not break the game in any sense of the word. Oh, you can't get 100%? How's the rest of the game? Fine? Thank Jaysus for that then.

Yes, it sucks. I agree completely. But having the attitude you're having with a guy from Support whose job is to pretty much relay and document issues is pathetic. Try to lighten up some and put yourself in his shoes for a minute.

ShardofTruth
12-09-2013, 10:45 PM
As far as the Community Challenges, there haven't been any for PC besides Multiplayer Challenges.
Isn't this AC Initiates "Employee of the Month" thing going on right now?

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Uhm... Hi, and thank you for your input.

I am not sure why my attitude is the theme of your post here but I would like to advise you to read it again, if interested, and notice if in any case I was actually disrespectful towards Mr. Vincent from support. I honestly believe I was not and - if so - please be kind to point it out so I can apologize.

Angry, yes. Frustrated? Yes. Not disrespectful. I am aware Vincent is not the one causing the issue. He is however at the front line of the Company's costumer support. Believe me, if I could talk specifically to Mr. Superintendent of Development Resources Management, I would gladly do it - yet, still in a respectful manner.

I really find Ubisoft's lack of response and completely disregard for paying costumers the "attitude" I can not fathom to expect from a Company I am so proud of being a loyal fan for such a long time.

This behavior is unnacceptable coming from a Company such as Ubisoft. You are not indie developers! Where is the respect with your costumers? Why is there no official statement concerning this? Get it over with so your costumers can settle down and stop looking for inexistent content. Please advise on a deadline for such corrections/patches to be made. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Regards.

That. Right there. You tell them to hurry up, to "get it over with" and state there isn't any respect and they aren't Indie Devs.

Then you turn around and thank them for their cooperation and patience. Really?

That's not respectful. That's demanding, condescending and a slap in the face.

Isn't this AC Initiates "Employee of the Month" thing going on right now?

That's AC Initiates. Not an actual Community Challenge, like the first one where you had to Assassinate 20 million enemies, and each one had to get 20.

Also, the Employee of the Month was up, but it's not. While I know that ACInitiates ties into AC4, it's not mandatory in the least and has nothing to do with Community Challenges and Social Events that unlock items as a whole, for AC4.

lsgnobody
12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi!

As you did, I also thought "Employee of the Month" was the "community challenge" required to unlock items that say "unlocked by completing a community challenge". Surprisingly, it's not.
Community challenges appear at the game's pause menu (the one that's greyed out).

lsgnobody
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
[I]

That. Right there. You tell them to hurry up, to "get it over with" and state there isn't any respect and they aren't Indie Devs.

Then you turn around and thank them for their cooperation and patience. Really?

That's not respectful. That's demanding, condescending and a slap in the face.

I am not a native English speaker - which is no excuse. So, thank you for pointing it out. I will apologize to Mr. Vincent immediately.
While I meant the first part to Ubisoft as a Company, I thanked Mr. Vincent for his own personal cooperation and patience. Perhaps that was not entirely clear.

I sent support the following:

lsgnobody12/9/2013 10:09:34 PM
Dear Vincent, Someone pointed out that I might have been disrespectful towards you in my last response. If that was the case and you feel that way, I apologize first hand as it was not my intention in any way. I am a loyal long time Ubisoft's fan and my frustration comes exactly from the high expectations I hold for this Company and all the staff. Also, I sincerely appreciate your effort in trying to help me and other costumers within your possibilities and thank you for that.

I hope I could express my exact feelings and somehow reassure my respect for Ubisoft's employees.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 12:51 AM
I am not a native English speaker - which is no excuse. So, thank you for pointing it out. I will apologize to Mr. Vincent immediately.
While I meant the first part to Ubisoft as a Company, I thanked Mr. Vincent for his own personal cooperation and patience. Perhaps that was not entirely clear.

I sent support the following:

I hope I could express my exact feelings and somehow reassure my respect for Ubisoft's employees.

And I apologize to you for not knowing you don't speak English. So, I do apologize. However, I will say you're English is really good for it not being your native language!

And I'm sure Vincent will feel better about the apology. :D That was great.

lsgnobody
12-10-2013, 06:42 AM
However, I will say you're English
*your

lol... Sorry... couldn't help it. Thank you =)
Now let us pray Vincent can move some sticks along with other people from support who I'm sure are getting lots of messages with the same problem and get down to do some work. It's sad to something going wrong with my favorite game.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
LMAO, busted!

I've been sick with the flu lately, so my head isn't exactly straight.

And I agree, I'd like this to be fixed soon myself!

Lubber2009
12-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Nice chat you have over here, but still no Ubisoft community staff have showed themselves up and reacted in any way... That's what I call an attitude. So I do agree with the author: no respect for players, no willingness to communicate, just a one-way-street relationship. They only take, but do not give. Even though we are the customers... It may be because they take us for mindless kids...

So I would like to thank lsgnobody (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1503885-lsgnobody) for standing up for the community and represent it in a respective, but insistent manner.

PS. EINMN, English is not my native.

dex3108
12-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I think that Social Events problem is fixed, at least for me. I had Royal Convoy Icon on my map for 3 weeks but ship wasn't there, but today ship actually was there and i have find white whale too.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice chat you have over here, but still no Ubisoft community staff have showed themselves up and reacted in any way... That's what I call an attitude. So I do agree with the author: no respect for players, no willingness to communicate, just a one-way-street relationship. They only take, but do not give. Even though we are the customers... It may be because they take us for mindless kids...

So I would like to thank lsgnobody (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1503885-lsgnobody) for standing up for the community and represent it in a respective, but insistent manner.

Except, they have. Mr. Shade has commented on a few threads that this was a known issue.

And, even if they hadn't Mr Shade has also stated time and again the forum is generally for peer to peer assistance. People ask questions and if I can help them, I will. For issues that cannot be resolved, they should go to support.

You should not just post your issue and expect a response, especially considering there are many, many threads on this issue already, and some have been answered.

So, getting bent out of shape for nothing when the solution is already present is real helpful, right?

lsgnobody
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Thank you for your support.
I advise you to join me and open a ticket at ubi's support website.
Post your ticket number along with a brief description of the problem at their facebook page.

I know there's no immediate solution but I want to hear "we are working on it".
"It's a known issue" does not cut it.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I believe the new patch mentions it's being worked on! :D

lsgnobody
12-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Nope... not yet:

Assassin's CreedŽ IV Black Flag v1.03
################################################## ##############################
Change Artifact Assault default zone size from 5m to 6m
Double XP weekend time issue fix.
Fixed nVidia Surround Portrait mode for 16:10 monitors.
Fixed ‘Controller mapping’ translation in Russian localization
Fixed Group Management screen glitch
Minor UI fixes
Minor Matchmaking fixes

I believe the new patch mentions it's being worked on! :D

lsgnobody
12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have news about the broken social events?

KmarkoPL
12-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Other thread , I spoke with CS : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811207-No-Social-Events?p=9431413&viewfull=1#post9431413