PDA

View Full Version : Social Events

Lowynn
12-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Sorry if this has been posted about already...but is there a time-frame as-to-when "Social Events" are going to be present within Assassin's Creed Black Flag again?

It's been approximately 9-10 days without "Social Events" now. It seems as though all platforms are being affected by this (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox One, and the WII).

I have tried sailing around for hours, to no avail. I have went back and played earlier memories with no luck. I have also restarted a whole new game with no success.

I'm playing on the PS3 platform, and have 100% Synchronization of the game.

LeVoyageur07
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Noticed that too. I used to get so many social events that I ignored most.

But lately haven't seen any.

I just happen to doing a mission on AC Initiates that says to share a Social Event (Chest, White whale or Royal Fleet), which normally would have been easy to finish.

NightCrawler-72
12-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Noticed that too. I used to get so many social events that I ignored most.

But lately haven't seen any.

I just happen to doing a mission on AC Initiates that says to share a Social Event (Chest, White whale or Royal Fleet), which normally would have been easy to finish.

I haven't seen any social events - looking for a White Whale, Royal convoy and Chest. I have been searching for days now and am shocked that Ubi would even include such a ridiculous trophy. Its clear that alot of people are struggling with this.

I wish they would issue an update or some kind of response as to why there are no social events being published.

Landruner
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't know if it is the case or not, I just based the following on my own game and experience, but it seems that the social events happen in the places where the forts had not been assaulted yet and upon victory opened the parts of the map. I am not sure I am right, but this is what happened for me and my game, I got all the high sea social events where the part of the map were still occupied by a standing fort and not being attacked.

Note (I was able to do the social event requirement part for one of AC Initiates mission, but it took me at least 5 to 6 hours in roaming the map to get a White Whales event, and it was in one of part as I mention above)

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi Guys,

If you have a problem with not getting updates on social events, please make sure you are contacting support - the more people that do so, the better - since it can help the Dev Team investigate!

www.support.ubi.com

ladyleonhart
12-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I reported this to support yesterday, but I also got my first social Royal Convoy (playing on PS3) on my new save file today too. :) An update was available as well, although I'm not sure what it was supposed to fix. :p

Lowynn
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I have contacted Ubisoft twice now about this issue to no avail

Kagurra
12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I want a damn community challenge for my Explorer outfit. Or just give it to us if your garbage community challenge system is broken and won't be fixed any time soon.

psoksnebjerg
12-10-2013, 11:59 PM
just got a social chest at Sequence 11t:o Suffer Without Dying, at the start of the game

luckyto
12-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Kagurra, this last patch fixed community challenges. The patch notes say they will be resuming shortly. :D

Kagurra
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Kagurra, this last patch fixed community challenges. The patch notes say they will be resuming shortly. :D

Pretty sure the last patch was on PS3 and 360 only, no? If it fixed it in general, then I'm happy.

Terrence_Lee
12-11-2013, 08:04 AM
I started my new story 2 days ago on 360, now almost 80% finished
Over 10 hours of playtime, more than 3 hours aimlessly sailing in the sea, haven't encounter a single 1 royal convey or social chest.
However I found 3 whales (but really took my time), now I stop playing until it goes back to normal
I also sent a ticket to ubi support 2 days ago and they haven't reply yet. I wonder what went wrong this time.
For my opinion, all these community events and challenge, just like the tower defence in Revelations, they are absolutely unnecessary and make no sense.
And they affect the process of the game, single player game. I always think it is a bad idea for singleplayer game to have online elements involved, except DLC.