PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] Uplay Unvailable Since Patch 1.02 (EU and ANZ)

rwilson1982
12-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen a specific thread about this, but comments throughout various other threads:

Since Patch 1.02 was released in Europe/ANZ on the PS3, the Uplay services doesn't work any more.

You are asked to log in to Uplay or create an account when the game starts up. If you put in your normal Uplay credentials they are rejected with a message saying something along the lines of "Failed to link your Uplay and Sony accounts". You can log in to the Uplay website http://uplay.ubi.com with the credentials OK, so you know they are valid. It does this even if you're signed in with your Sony account before launching the game.
Subsequently, the Karawan song in unavailable to play as are the other unlocked Uplay bonuses.
The scoreborads in "Score Attack" mode have been "reset". Where there were previously hundreds or scores there are now only a handful of scores on each song. My own scores are still retained within the game (i.e. I can see them on the song selection screen for Score Attack).
If I choose "Uplay" from the main menu, the game exits and then I get a message saying something like "Uplay service not available." and then it goes back to the game.

For all intents and purposes, the game appears to be playing "offline" from Uplay. Resetting the Uplay account password makes no difference.

I believe the US had this issue when the patch was released and it was resolved the same day. Does anybody know how this was achieved?

I have put a support ticked in to Ubisoft, but given my past experience with them, I'm hoping a developer from the US will see this and give someone a nudge...

rwilson1982
12-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Also, can a US based PS3 user answer me this:

After patch 1.02, when you had issues with Uplay, were your Score Attack leaderboards reset and, if so, did they come back once the problem was fixed?

Thanks

IN-10-CT
12-09-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm having this problem from the UK. An update from Ubisoft would be appreciated!

Yonda1960
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen a specific thread about this How about this one? http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/814134-1-02-Update-in-the-U-K-But-can-t-log-in-to-uplay I know it says UK but it morphed to cover all regions except US.

rwilson1982
12-09-2013, 10:28 PM
How about this one? http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/814134-1-02-Update-in-the-U-K-But-can-t-log-in-to-uplay I know it says UK but it morphed to cover all regions except US.

Oh right, yeah. I was following that thread for a while but it seems to have gone off on a couple of tangents about the patch in general. I guess the mods can do what they want with this thread but seeing as the previous has gone 7 pages without acknowledgement...

sh1kamaru-
12-10-2013, 11:53 PM
bump, at the rate of thread openings this thread is already far on page 2 :/

rwilson1982
12-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I have made a blog post with images illustrating the main issues we have been experiencing in Europe / ANZ since patch 1.02 on PS3.

I have updated my Ubisoft Tech. Support ticket with this and will PM it to the developer that has been on here and anyone else who seems to have a bit of influence.

There is basically nothing more I can do. If I don't get any kind of meaningful response to this I am throwing in the towel with this game because it is broken.

http://www.bytefoundry.co.uk/blog/?p=243

swiegand
12-12-2013, 12:45 AM
I have made a blog post with images illustrating the main issues we have been experiencing in Europe / ANZ since patch 1.02 on PS3.

I have updated my Ubisoft Tech. Support ticket with this and will PM it to the developer that has been on here and anyone else who seems to have a bit of influence.

There is basically nothing more I can do. If I don't get any kind of meaningful response to this I am throwing in the towel with this game because it is broken.

http://www.bytefoundry.co.uk/blog/?p=243

I don't care too much about uplay. But it is annoying to be asked to log in at launch. It has to work.
Also I am not really interested in highscores.
But the bare minimum I expect is that RS is able to keep the level of progress for all songs.
Yes, this game is pretty broken and I gave up playing it. I would love to return it incl. DLC.

toymachinesh
12-12-2013, 08:04 AM
nao replied to you 3 hours ago, does it work now?

rwilson1982
12-12-2013, 08:20 AM
nao replied to you 3 hours ago, does it work now?

Hi Toy, yes, it seems to be working now. I got his tweet at 3am here :-) I've got up and tested it this morning. I was able to link my Uplay and PSN account OK via the game, and all the scoreboards are back, Uplay rewards unlocked, newsfeed updated etc.

The in game shop doesn't appear to have updated with the J-Rock DLC even though it is on PSN. The last time it updated was Radiohead pack a couple of weeks ago.

I'm happy now though, and will go back to patiently waiting for DLC / updates.

rwilson1982
12-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't care too much about uplay. But it is annoying to be asked to log in at launch. It has to work.
Also I am not really interested in highscores.
But the bare minimum I expect is that RS is able to keep the level of progress for all songs.
Yes, this game is pretty broken and I gave up playing it. I would love to return it incl. DLC.

Yes, I appreciate that too and hopefully that will be resolved in the next software update. I believe that issue is across all platforms.

Uplay is tightly coupled with this game and its services are used in a lot of features. If it doesn't work then lots of the game's features that were working don't work. It seems to have been sorted now though.

toymachinesh
12-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm glad :)