PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU TAKE SCREENSHOTS?

s_flyer
03-29-2004, 12:10 PM
how dya take screenshots?

s_flyer
03-29-2004, 12:10 PM
how dya take screenshots?

EmbarkChief
03-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Just above your post you will see the word "Find". Click on it. It is your friend. It will answer almost any question you might have, like your own personal wise man. Use him wisely and often. In other words a simple question like yours has probably been asked before so take the time and look it up.

s_flyer
03-29-2004, 12:18 PM
lol soz im quite new. thnx

Lawn_Dart
03-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Hit the "printscreen" key at the top of your keyboard. Each subsequent press will yield a new screenshot, all stored in your IL2:FB root directory.

If you want to save them so they don't get overwritten, you must move them to a new location or folder before starting FB next time. Otherwise, each time you start FB (IL2), the file naming starts over from the begining, and you will overwrite your previous saved screens.

they are saved as .TGA (targa) format files, so you need a graphics editing program that will read that format to be able to see them. Before posting them here on the web, be sure to change them to .jpg or .gif format so our browsers can see them in all their glory.

Good luck!

Teufel_Eldritch
03-29-2004, 12:24 PM
The 'search' feature has never worked for me. Dunno why. Anyway...hit your PrintScrn button. It saves the screenies as tga files located in you FB dir.

I personally however use GrabClipSave for all my shots. http://boumchalak.net/Tools/GCS/gcs.html

YANKEE ROSE
-----------
"For a world of happiness & equality is but a fantasy driven by men who envy the ruling class."