PDA

View Full Version : :( No More AC for me

PUI-CrOwNRoYaL
12-08-2013, 07:47 AM
It brings me great sadness to announce this. I hope the next director of the AC franchise reads this very carefully. Before I begin, let me be clear that I'm a huge AC fan, since 1. I've always been a fan, going to the midnight launch every year to get AC at midnight. But I'm upset; the developers and directors have taken my beloved franchise and ruined it for me. As I was playing AC 4 on ps4 tonight, I realized that I truly hate the naval missions. I want to be an assassin, not a pirate. AC3 was the first game i disliked in the series because of being on a boat and the difficult and frustrating missions, and AC4 is no better. Thanks for the memories, thanks for making a truly great franchise, but I'm returning AC 4 to the store tomorrow and if ubisoft continues to make AC games with naval missions, I'm completely done with the series. Please don't be mad or reply hateful or nasty comments. You may like the naval missions, but I hate them and believe that is not what AC is about.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 08:02 AM
So what do you believe AC is about then?

HiddenKiller612
12-08-2013, 08:06 AM
K

FOXDVD
12-08-2013, 08:22 AM
If you hate everything with the boat I can understand your frustrations. Unfortunately for you I think many people absolutely love the naval stuff. For me it saved Assassins Creed 3.

The first game got mixed reviews when it came out, with many attacking the repetitive nature of the missions. While it did get repetitive, the overall quality of the game made up for it, and ended up being one of my favorite games of the year.

The second game blew me away though. Creed 2 still is one of my top games of last gen.

Brotherhood continued the quality of 2.

Revelations was a great game, but I think the fatigue started to set in for both fans and Ubi. They knew they needed to try something different.

They did with Creed 3. I personally found much of that game to be a mess. Some of the missions were beyond frustrating. (on a personal note, I hate it when games take away your power and control late in the game...these sort of moments work best at the beginning and only frustrate me when they happen late in the game) The naval combat though was brilliant. So brilliant I am sure when they were working on the game they all had smiles on their faces. So brilliant they immediately started working on a game built around it.

Maybe it would have made more since to build a new ip around the naval combat, but the creed games are some of the best selling games of all time. They like to release a game every year, and they knew how good the naval stuff was. In the end Black Flag has become my favorite game in the series and the best game of the year. I have not felt that since of wonder in the setting of a game since Half Life 2. I can complain about the tailing missions that take up so much of the game, or pick apart some of the controls, but the experience of the game is far beyond any book/movie/album I have experienced this year. I think a lot of people feel this way. It is a shame it is not doing as well sales wise as the last game, but I think that has a lot to do with how many were actually frustrated by Creed 3.

I think there are probably some serious discussions at ubi right now on what direction they want to take the naval stuff. My hope is they do a new ip around it, and bring Creed back to its core, if only because that would give me 2 games to look forward to.

pirate1802
12-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Should have done your research then, even a blind fella could have told there would be significant naval portions in AC4. If you didn't like them, why buy AC4 then? Either way, good luck with your future endeavors, as Haytham would say.

daftPirate
12-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah, even if you managed not to see or hear anything spoilerish about the game before launch, why would you buy it without knowing ANYTHING about it? Because seriously, just look at the cover. If you don't get "naval missions" from that...

LoyalACFan
12-08-2013, 09:21 AM
It's more important to make a good game than one that stays true to the original formula.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Honestly... I understand your frustration.

I always had a meh feeling about AC and naval combat. Then finding out that this game would just be more of that, let me tell you I was downright upset. I didn't do so hot on the naval missions in AC3. Because I found them frustrating. Once I started playing AC4 I still felt the same way. Meh. But As a fan of the game I kept going. Slowly but surely I feel a change coming I started upgrading the ship and beating ships a little easier then I realized I'm starting to like it a little bit more. Still not my favorite thing to do (I love boarding the other ships though) but it was nice to change up the pace and now I'm finally getting used to it. but it is dare I say fun.

I hope you will be able to keep playing the franchise. if not then hey at least you gave it a shot! :)

DarktheMagister
12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't get it. AC is about history.....naval combat...happened often in history.

But no worries....as the Golden Age of Piracy was pretty much the BIG ONE for naval combat... next game will probably go back to more land based stuff.

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
OP, I also understand your frustration. I really disliked naval in AC3 (and I'm a huuuge AC3 fan). Every time a naval mission came I was like "oh no... not again... :/" Unfortunately, AC4 is more like this, since it's a pirate game. I bought AC4 because it's still AC and want to follow the story though. I don't think you should worry much though for the future. I don't think naval will play a major role in the next game since they are considering making separate pirate games now apparently.

Honestly... I understand your frustration.

I always had a meh feeling about AC and naval combat. Then finding out that this game would just be more of that, let me tell you I was downright upset. I didn't do so hot on the naval missions in AC3. Because I found them frustrating. Once I started playing AC4 I still felt the same way. Meh. But As a fan of the game I kept going. Slowly but surely I feel a change coming I started upgrading the ship and beating ships a little easier then I realized I'm starting to like it a little bit more. Still not my favorite thing to do (I love boarding the other ships though) but it was nice to change up the pace and now I'm finally getting used to it. but it is dare I say fun.

I hope you will be able to keep playing the franchise. if not then hey at least you gave it a shot! :)
I still haven't played AC4 but I agree. I think I will feel the same way. Hopefully. lol
I still don't know why they say people liked naval so much in AC3. Also in AC4, despite being a great game, many people called it "Pirate's Creed" (and I kinda agree). I think there is a target audience for naval gameplay, indeed, but I hope they fully seperate from future AC games, or at least keep it to a minimum, or they're gonna lose the rest of the target audience (the one that likes cities mostly). If they decide to fully implement naval in AC again I think I'm going to say goodbye to the series, too, sadly. Not everyone is a fan of naval games; especially when AC started as being all about cities, architecture and parkour.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 02:15 PM
OP, I also understand your frustration. I really disliked naval in AC3 (and I'm a huuuge AC3 fan). Every time a naval mission came I was like "oh no... not again... :/" Unfortunately, AC4 is more like this, since it's a pirate game. I bought AC4 because it's still AC and want to follow the story though. I don't think you should worry much though for the future. I don't think naval will play a major role in the next game since they are considering making separate pirate games now apparently.

I still haven't played AC4 but I agree. I think I will feel the same way. Hopefully. lol
I still don't know why they say people liked naval so much in AC3. Also in AC4, despite being a great game, many people called it "Pirate's Creed" (and I kinda agree). I think there is a target audience for naval gameplay, indeed, but I hope they fully seperate from future AC games, or at least keep it to a minimum, or they're gonna lose the rest of the target audience (the one that likes cities mostly). If they decide to fully implement naval in AC again I think I'm going to say goodbye to the series, too, sadly. Not everyone is a fan of naval games; especially when AC started as being all about cities, architecture and parkour.

You are in the 'pirates creed' category? Oh deary me, silver. Let me tell you, although there is a big focus on naval, the games stealth elements are the strongest they've ever been. Just about every main mission except the naval missions (which are far fewer than land based ones) encourages stealth. There are various roots to take and tactics to use to kill, or even slip past the guards completely. Open-ended assassination mission are plentiful in the main story, not to me to mention the 30 assassination contracts and 5 Templar hunts included in the side content. It's more of a an Assassin's Creed game than AC3 was, which bases it's mission design around set pieces, getting from A to B to trigger cutscenes and shoehorning dull historical events and characters into the main story for the sake of it. Not to mention the indescribably bad side 'content'.

pirate1802
12-08-2013, 02:26 PM
^What ma'boy Shahkulu said. Most of the missions still takes place on land, forests, ruins and stealth is better than ever. I can't understand how its Pirate's Creed. Seems like a very narrow minded view of the game.

Megas_Doux
12-08-2013, 02:29 PM
If you hate everything with the boat I can understand your frustrations. Unfortunately for you I think many people absolutely love the naval stuff. For me it saved Assassins Creed 3.

The first game got mixed reviews when it came out, with many attacking the repetitive nature of the missions. While it did get repetitive, the overall quality of the game made up for it, and ended up being one of my favorite games of the year.

Brotherhood continued the quality of 2.

There, you lost me......

In regards of the OP, Good luck!

Although it would be better of you wait whether Ubi decides to continue with the naval or not

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 02:31 PM
I haven't played it yet (I will finally do when I go home for Christmas) but it's a relief to hear most mission are taking place on land. It's not the pirate theme that I hate (I quite like it actually)... it's the naval gameplay... I hope I'm not forced to do much of it.

(when I played the AC4 demo on Eurogamer expo I asked the Ubi staff to help me get to land. I just didn't like being on a boat... I hope I don't have to be for prolonged periods of time like that...)

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 02:33 PM
In other news, people have different tastes.

Naval is awesome because is incredibly fun, better than climbing trees and use snares and baits to hunt.

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 02:38 PM
In other news, people have different tastes.

Naval is awesome because is incredibly fun, better than climbing trees and use snares and baits to hunt.
I didn't enjoy snares/baits either. But when it comes to non-optional full gameplay it's a good idea to seperate naval gameplay in the future (or keep it as a relativelly small side-content). In AC4 I'm guessing this is not optional.

Farlander1991
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
While I'm strongly of the opinion that Ubi now should really focus on just the core mechanics, with no fluff (I feel that, with AC4 being in my opinion really pretty much 'the best of AC1-AC3, that's a good point to do that), I don't agree with the OP and OP's supporters.

Naval in AC4 is not a side-mode, it's expansion of the AC mechanics, and doesn't change what AC is. The truth is, as much as I want Ubi to focus on the core... you can't survive on the core alone in a franchise that decided to go everywhere it only can go. There are so many different specifics to all the different historical periods (plus the characters we control in those periods), that should be, and are (with varying degrees of success), used and integrated in AC games to enrich-en the experience. In case of AC4 it's the naval. You don't create a game set in the Golden Age of Piracy without naval content, you just don't do that. That means you don't set the game in the Golden Age of Piracy at all. But we have one. With a colorful cast of historical characters who are really a joy to watch and interact with. So if you don't like naval, that means the specific time period is not for you. Too bad. Maybe another one will be. That's not a reason to give up on the series as a whole, because AC can go anywhere, and there are lots fully land-based sections in our history, one of those will be for you (but, who knows, maybe it will have something really specific integrated into the mechanics, based on the period, that is not going to be to someone's tastes).

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I didn't enjoy naval in AC3, but found it exceptionally fun in ACIV. Although it's a lot more gamey, it feels a lot more smooth. I though AC3s was a little too clunky.

pirate1802
12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
There, you lost me......t

Lololol I know that feel bro.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
It's more important to make a good game than one that stays true to the original formula.

Can I use this as my signature? Because truer words were never spoken.

Silver, as someone who absolutely loved AC3 like you, I also, like you, despised naval in it. However, I feel more "free" in AC4's naval. It seems more open and relaxed. And, there's not really many mission requirements either that would make me throw my controller down, like "Take out this ship using an exposed powder storage with a swivel cannon" or "Beat these three ships in under 3 minutes."

The strategy involved in 4 is really more strategic oriented instead of hoping you get lucky, like ramming a ship to expose it's powder storage in 3. Ugh.

But yeah, 4's naval is... by and large much more improved.

PUI-CrOwNRoYaL
12-08-2013, 04:05 PM
It's about stealth. An assassin shouldn't go in blowing everything up from the core. Stealth and story is what i love about the first 4 Ac

PUI-CrOwNRoYaL
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
I was giving the game the benefit of the doubt because I'm a fan, but it's just disappointing that's all.

PUI-CrOwNRoYaL
12-08-2013, 04:08 PM
again, I was giving the game the benefit of the doubt because i'm a FAN

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 04:11 PM
AC4 has more stealth than any previous AC game.

pacmanate
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
NoOneCaresIfYouBuyTheGame.Jpg

/Thread.

Rugterwyper32
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
While I'm strongly of the opinion that Ubi now should really focus on just the core mechanics, with no fluff (I feel that, with AC4 being in my opinion really pretty much 'the best of AC1-AC3, that's a good point to do that), I don't agree with the OP and OP's supporters.

Naval in AC4 is not a side-mode, it's expansion of the AC mechanics, and doesn't change what AC is. The truth is, as much as I want Ubi to focus on the core... you can't survive on the core alone in a franchise that decided to go everywhere it only can go. There are so many different specifics to all the different historical periods (plus the characters we control in those periods), that should be, and are (with varying degrees of success), used and integrated in AC games to enrich-en the experience. In case of AC4 it's the naval. You don't create a game set in the Golden Age of Piracy without naval content, you just don't do that. That means you don't set the game in the Golden Age of Piracy at all. But we have one. With a colorful cast of historical characters who are really a joy to watch and interact with. So if you don't like naval, that means the specific time period is not for you. Too bad. Maybe another one will be. That's not a reason to give up on the series as a whole, because AC can go anywhere, and there are lots fully land-based sections in our history, one of those will be for you (but, who knows, maybe it will have something really specific integrated into the mechanics, based on the period, that is not going to be to someone's tastes).

Agreed. The way I've seen naval for this game since it was announced was basically the same way I saw the Kingdom and the Frontier, just at sea now and more developed and I'm glad it returned in AC3 and it's being developed in AC4. In AC2, you jumped from city to city. In ACB and ACR, you just had the one city (well, ACR had Capadoccia but it was tiny and accessed through a boat in Constantinople so). So the way I see it, it's rather fortunate that the big hub between cities is around. Naval just makes it all the more fun, and now I'm hoping next game brings back horses and actually makes them fun and enjoyable to control.

pirate1802
12-08-2013, 04:59 PM
It's about stealth. An assassin shouldn't go in blowing everything up from the core. Stealth and story is what i love about the first 4 Ac

So did you like it when Ezio went and blew an entire city up? Bet that was very stealthy. How about when he was driving a tank or flying around a city kicking people off rooftops? Very stealthy indeed. Or how about when he burned an entire freaking fleet before everyone's eyes? (something which even Edward didn't do) The list can go on and on..

The way I see it, if you guy is an Assassin officially, whatever mayhem he causes it still counts as an AC game, but if he is not, then no matter how stealthy he is, its not a puritan AC game. As others have said, AC4 had far more stealth than past AC games, certainly more than Brotherhood or Revelations.

@Rupert: Exactly. The ocean is the new Kingdom/Frontier, only much more developed and more interesting, and your ship is your new horse. That's exactly how I saw it as well.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, Edward did sorta burn a fleet. A blockade. But still, some ships.

Megas_Doux
12-08-2013, 05:33 PM
What pirate1802 said, basically........

And now that Rutger mentions it:

. So the way I see it, it's rather fortunate that the big hub between cities is around. Naval just makes it all the more fun, and now I'm hoping next game brings back horses and actually makes them fun and enjoyable to control.

I find amusing that Ubisoft has pulled off a naval experience this good and fun...But yet, has not been able to deliver decent horse riding experience haha. Which remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiOKwCN1Ab4

ReconMeister
12-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I haven't played it yet (I will finally do when I go home for Christmas) but it's a relief to hear most mission are taking place on land. It's not the pirate theme that I hate (I quite like it actually)... it's the naval gameplay... I hope I'm not forced to do much of it.

(when I played the AC4 demo on Eurogamer expo I asked the Ubi staff to help me get to land. I just didn't like being on a boat... I hope I don't have to be for prolonged periods of time like that...)

Then I would just send it right back to where you bought it. If that's how you felt playing it at eurogamer. Most main missions don't take place on the Island you get the mission from. So you go to an Island pick up the mission, they tell you to go to this other Island miles and miles away, you talk to that person, do some stuff on the island, then go to another island to finish it. Most of the game does take place at sea. There is fast travel but the map is so big you will still spend a long time at sea.

ReconMeister
12-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Ubisoft always has different time periods for their games. as long as the time period for their next game isn't 1650s to the 1730s then the game won't have piracy.maybe they will release a Chinese time period game. that's something they have done yet.

SixKeys
12-08-2013, 06:52 PM
What I got from this is that OP basically wasn't expecting naval gameplay to play a big part in a game about pirates.

Landruner
12-08-2013, 07:04 PM
It brings me great sadness to announce this. I hope the next director of the AC franchise reads this very carefully. Before I begin, let me be clear that I'm a huge AC fan, since 1. I've always been a fan, going to the midnight launch every year to get AC at midnight. But I'm upset; the developers and directors have taken my beloved franchise and ruined it for me. As I was playing AC 4 on ps4 tonight, I realized that I truly hate the naval missions. I want to be an assassin, not a pirate. AC3 was the first game i disliked in the series because of being on a boat and the difficult and frustrating missions, and AC4 is no better. Thanks for the memories, thanks for making a truly great franchise, but I'm returning AC 4 to the store tomorrow and if ubisoft continues to make AC games with naval missions, I'm completely done with the series. Please don't be mad or reply hateful or nasty comments. You may like the naval missions, but I hate them and believe that is not what AC is about.

I am sorry that you hated the Naval missions or the naval warfare of AC4 since I think they were the best parts of AC4, and I honestly I can't say that AC4 was a poor or bad game because by my standards, it was not...
Now, I understand that for some the Assassin parts, were not really there and they felt recycled from AC3 as for the designation as for the design(s), in short a succession of inspired tailing missions for the core of he game, and I agree with the ones that felt that better attention had been made regarding the Naval/Pirate theme than the assassin theme, however; I believe that with some effort and better attention (Imagination, innovation and better AI system for a better social and environment stealth) the next ACs even they include a naval gameplay can be better and reconcile people over a title that can combine the two perfectly without being too checking for anyone. (Of course unless you really do not like the naval)

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I am sorry that you hated the Naval missions or the naval warfare of AC4 since I think they were the best parts of AC4 - Now, I understand that for some the Assassin parts, where not really there and felt recycled from AC3 as for the designation as design, and I agree with the ones that felt that better attention had been made regarding the Naval/Pirate theme than the assassin theme, however; I believe that with some effort and better attention (Imagination, innovation and better AI system for a better social and environment stealth) the next ACs even they include a naval gameplay can be better and reconcile people over a title that can combine the two perfectly without being too checking for anyone. (Of course unless you really do not like the naval)
That's me there. :( I really really hope they don't make it compulsory for future games. I want to parkour not climb sails... (Of course I haven't played AC4 yet other than a demo. But my AC3 naval experience was not that good.)

killzab
12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
[/B]
That's me there. :( I really really hope they don't make it compulsory for future games. (Of course I haven't played AC4 yet other than a demo. But my AC3 naval experience was not that good.)

Just FYI, naval in ACIV feels really different from ACIII and is a lot more arcadey, so if you didn't like it in ACIII you may still enjoy it in Black Flag :)

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Just FYI, naval in ACIV feels really different from ACIII and is a lot more arcadey, so if you didn't like it in ACIII you may still enjoy it in Black Flag :)
Ok I hope so!!!

Landruner
12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
[/B]
That's me there. :( I really really hope they don't make it compulsory for future games. I want to parkour not climb sails... (Of course I haven't played AC4 yet other than a demo. But my AC3 naval experience was not that good.)

But is what I was saying it is (or it was) perfectly possible to combine the two gameplays together - Alas, for AC4 the naval gameplay was more deeply worked than the assassin parts. Now I am sure that the devs got the message (at least from the feedback from this forum over the past weeks) and hopefully, if they combine for a future AC with some naval warfare, they really try to get both gameplay compatible and work together without giving more importance to one comparing to the other one. Even if boarding a ship could have included more parkourt or stealth abilities. I am actually surprised that the game did not offer once a scenario of boarding a ship armed to the teeth and giving the player some opportunities to finishing the target inside the bottom of his ship type scenario in passing by multiple different ways to infiltrate the ship in order to assassinate the target. I mean some attempt(s) were there, but they were to shallow for being remembered as an real assassination in using a naval battle or something relating the pirate gameplay.

Example type scenario I am thinking of: Target is inside a ship board the ship, the target goes to the bottom of his ship for hiding, get him there, once you get there the understand that target escaped and sabotaged the ship you are in, player has to escape the ship before everything blows, player comes back to the Jackdaw and learn that the target escaped to a nearest island and the only way to access it is using underwater bell, and you have to use the underwater to get the guy inside a cave or inside a temple or a fort. Player has to use jumping and parkourt to access the target.
Result okay we used pirate, naval gameplay in order to get the guy and use assassination gameplay, and mission of this type was much better that just follow or tail that guy over the city.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I hated the Naval in AC3, but Actually enjoy it here in AC 4...but after 30 hours of it (Trust me, if you want to buy everything in the game youll easily be putting in 30-40 hours on naval alone) it is super boring now..im only in sequence 5 and tired of ships haha...I couldve done without the naval contracts too - but i got ships out of the way first now hopefully i can sit back and enjoy the AC part.
This is easily one of the most stealthy games ever.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I hated the Naval in AC3, but Actually enjoy it here in AC 4...but after 30 hours of it (Trust me, if you want to buy everything in the game youll easily be putting in 30-40 hours on naval alone) it is super boring now..im only in sequence 5 and tired of ships haha...I couldve done without the naval contracts too - but i got ships out of the way first now hopefully i can sit back and enjoy the AC part.
This is easily one of the most stealthy games ever.

actually a smart thing to do... I feel like I've been attacking ships for ages trying to get Rum and Sugar for money. I haven't even bothered with the contracts yet. gah. I should have done those first.

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I felt like the Naval & Pirate missions in AC3 were in preparation to those missions in AC4. Because when I started Naval & Priate missions in AC3 I was terrible at them I got better towards the end of AC3 with controlling the Aquila and completing these missions. Then I started playing AC4 and I am so much better at sailing & controlling the JackDaw and Naval battles are easy for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that AC3 trained me for the battles in AC4. Just my experience so far, I've not yet finished AC4.. :)

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:09 PM
^ oh! what part or sequence are you on! -- I'm not finished either!

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 09:25 PM
^ oh! what part or sequence are you on! -- I'm not finished either!
Nearly at Sequence 6. Taking my time, because I'm collecting all the collectables and completing side missions. I miss feather collecting that all previous AC games had. I think I might replay the first few sequences of AC4 before I progress further in the game.

I also make Edward wear Connor's Assassin Robes! :D

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Nearly at Sequence 6. Taking my time, because I'm collecting all the collectables and completing side missions. I miss feather collecting that all previous AC games had. I think I might replay the first few sequences of AC4 before I progress further in the game.

I also make Edward wear Connor's Assassin Robes! :D

Oh! I'm not to much further ahead! I think I just finished 8 yesterday afternoon! I'm taking my time as well... with as large scaled as this game is I'll be taking my time anyways. I haven't done a lot of the side missions yet (like assassination contracts) . I've been... honestly I don't know what I've been doing. Lol. I have been trying to complete each island fully lol and collecting the animus fragments... that are scattered EVERYWHERE. Gahh... so many animus fragments. Then I make sure to complete everything in the modern day.

Also.. When I saw you got Connor's robes in the game I so thought of you! haha. I even had him wear them for a little bit! I really want Haytham's colors. ;_; but I don't have the code for it!

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I have the code and the colors seem to clash. It's not designed well as much as Haytham's actual clothes are.

I think it's the khaki colored pants that throw me off.

And also, with exploring and taking my time, I managed 88 hours in to get 100%.

And I'd do it all over again too!

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
They replaced the feathers with the equally uninteresting animus fragments.

DarktheMagister
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM

At least the feathers unlocked something. Silly fragments don't do squat.

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh! I'm not to much further ahead! I think I just finished 8 yesterday afternoon! I'm taking my time as well... with as large scaled as this game is I'll be taking my time anyways. I haven't done a lot of the side missions yet (like assassination contracts) . I've been... honestly I don't know what I've been doing. Lol. I have been trying to complete each island fully lol and collecting the animus fragments... that are scattered EVERYWHERE. Gahh... so many animus fragments. Then I make sure to complete everything in the modern day.

Also.. When I saw you got Connor's robes in the game I so thought of you! haha. I even had him wear them for a little bit! I really want Haytham's colors. ;_; but I don't have the code for it!
I'm finding collecting the animus fragments annoying, the sea shanties are fun to chase but sometimes they are frustrating. Also the Abstergo challenges I've been getting them awarded to me without too much effort these I think need to be improved because all we get it Animus Hacks - I like the Edward speaking in Pirate one! :D *Arggghhh Me Hearties'* xD

Haha thanks thats sweet of you! :D I love them Connor's robes are the best. Edward's default robes are nice. :)

Same here I think you can get the Haytham colors code along with Connor's Sails and the Kenway Family Sword with this figure:

http://www.iconiccollectables.com/sites/default/files/product-images/Assassins Creed 4 Edward Kenway Statue 2.jpg
The codes comes with the box, much like the McFarlane figures. I might buy this figure just for Connor's Sails because I want the JackDaw to look like the Aquila. I have most of the Aquila upgrades on my JackDaw it just need's Connor's sails. I also would like The Kenway Family sword. :D

Also happy that Altair's sword is back in AC4.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I have the code and the colors seem to clash. It's not designed well as much as Haytham's actual clothes are.

I think it's the khaki colored pants that throw me off.

And also, with exploring and taking my time, I managed 88 hours in to get 100%.

And I'd do it all over again too!

awww... that's so disappointing to hear! I really thought the his colors would look good! HAYTHAM FOREVERR! I'll have to look around and see if I can find a picture of it!

Also that's awesmome! only 88 hours! I figured it would be like 120 ( it probably will be for me lol I'm slow)

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
I 100% the game in 66 hours and i did a lot of random pirating and free running.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm finding collecting the animus fragments annoying, the sea shanties are fun to chase but sometimes they are frustrating. Also the Abstergo challenges I've been getting them awarded to me without too much effort these I think need to be improved because all we get it Animus Hacks - I like the Edward speaking in Pirate one! :D *Arggghhh Me Hearties'* xD

Haha thanks thats sweet of you! :D I love them Connor's robes are the best. Edward's default robes are nice. :)

Same here I think you can get the Haytham colors code along with Connor's Sails and the Kenway Family Sword with this figure:

The codes comes with the box, much like the McFarlane figures. I might buy this figure just for Connor's Sails because I want the JackDaw to look like the Aquila. I have most of the Aquila upgrades on my JackDaw it just need's Connor's sails. I also would like The Kenway Family sword. :D

Also happy that Altair's sword is back in AC4.

ahhh! okay! geez that's the fancy expensive figure lol! I'll have to look into it more to find out! Connor did have awesome robes! :) agreed! I like Edwards robes but they are pretty much really similar to all the other assassins imo. lol.

Also I couldn't agree more on the animus fragments.they are annoying.

And I haven't used any of the cheats yet! I have been completing animus challenges like crazy though without even trying lol. I feel that maybe they should be a little harder to get like instead of one being do "5 air assassinations" it should at least be like 20+ ya know since 5 is a stupidly easy number considering some of the optional objectives are to air assassinate people. lol!

At least the feathers unlocked something. Silly fragments don't do squat.

Nothing.... are you serious. 200 animus fragments, and you get nothing. :| this makes me hate them even more. gahhh...

Landruner
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Honestly except for the Astergo's Challenges - What those animus pieces actually do?

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Honestly except for the Astergo's Challenges - What those animus pieces actually do?

They artificially extend the length of the game, thats what they do.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
awww... that's so disappointing to hear! I really thought the his colors would look good! HAYTHAM FOREVERR! I'll have to look around and see if I can find a picture of it!

Also that's awesmome! only 88 hours! I figured it would be like 120 ( it probably will be for me lol I'm slow)

Well, I put in 40ish hours for 3, and 100%'d that too.

So I'm pretty happy with doubling my time!

Here's some photos of it, hood up and down, front and back. You can decide if you like it or not.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mnemonicsyntax/screenshots/?appid=242050

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the pics Syntax! You really saved me a lot of time probably! :D

wow. They didn't do any Gold accents either. :\ I oddly must say I don't care for it now. which is really sad considering how I was looking forward to that.

only 40 in AC3! geez. Lol! I think I'm about 60 hours in [AC3] and I"m still not at 100% lol. I think I'm in the high 80's I want to say 86%

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I 100% the game in 66 hours and i did a lot of random pirating and free running.
Well you have a lot of free time on your hands, I wish I had that amount of time!

ahhh! okay! geez that's the fancy expensive figure lol! I'll have to look into it more to find out! Connor did have awesome robes! :) agreed! I like Edwards robes but they are pretty much really similar to all the other assassins imo. lol.

Also I couldn't agree more on the animus fragments.they are annoying.

And I haven't used any of the cheats yet! I have been completing animus challenges like crazy though without even trying lol. I feel that maybe they should be a little harder to get like instead of one being do "5 air assassinations" it should at least be like 20+ ya know since 5 is a stupidly easy number considering some of the optional objectives are to air assassinate people. lol!
It is a fancy figure of Edward.. I already own the Connor Rise *Limited Edition* figure & The Connor The Hunter figure they are awesome! :D

Connor did have awesome robes! Connor imo had the most fashion sense out of all Assassins he customized his robes & outfits with feathers and detailing! That makes his robes most interesting than compared to other Assassins.

There are way too many Animus fragments they are also scattered too much, like even in restricted areas like damn. :(

i just used the Night cheat and Edward Pirate speak just for fun! :D

The Animus Challenges are the least challenging lol, I agree. I found the Fractions (Thieves, Courtesans etc..) challenges from Brotherhood much more of a challenge compared AC4. You don't even need to try lol!
Yeah 5 Air Assassinations we've been doing that since the early days of AC! Way too easy! xD

STDlyMcStudpants
12-08-2013, 10:53 PM
actually a smart thing to do... I feel like I've been attacking ships for ages trying to get Rum and Sugar for money. I haven't even bothered with the contracts yet. gah. I should have done those first.

If I could give you advice - go after metal and wood. Dont even think about cloths sugar or rum . you get so much of those 3 things it excess its ridiculous.
Money is so easy to make here in AC4...not ACR easy but a million times easier than AC3 where you had to hunt or play checkers to make ends haha

MIA SILENT
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
If I could give you advice - go after metal and wood. Dont even think about cloths sugar or rum . you get so much of those 3 things it excess its ridiculous.
Money is so easy to make here in AC4...not ACR easy but a million times easier than AC3 where you had to hunt or play checkers to make ends haha

The good thing about AC4 though is for once I felt like earning money was a necessity.Upgrading the Jackdaw to take down forts and big ships.

LoyalACFan
12-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Can I use this as my signature? Because truer words were never spoken.

Go for it, lol.

SixKeys
12-08-2013, 11:23 PM

In AC3 it became easy to earn money once you started sending naval convoys loaded with bear skins. You didn't even have to hunt to get them, just buy them from Miriam and sell them at 3x the price overseas. At least in AC4 you have to actively work towards gaining loot to sell.

adventurewomen
12-09-2013, 12:04 AM
I didn't enjoy naval in AC3, but found it exceptionally fun in ACIV. Although it's a lot more gamey, it feels a lot more smooth. I though AC3s was a little too clunky.
I'm the opposite, I liked the Naval & Pirate missions of AC3, over-time they were enjoyable. :)

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 01:26 AM
This is a pirate theme game. What did you expect? The trend of being an Assassin from very early within the story makes the conviction of Assassin Order dull. Within ACIII and ACIV, I thought it was great that they added some sort of doubt between both stories of the Assassins and Templars.

Your statement about what "is" Assassin's Creed is one that "you" need to see for yourself, because I don't think you see what AC is other than killing Templars and stabbing.

flamesium
12-09-2013, 01:26 AM
The box art is literally a guy standing on a ship. How did you not realise that naval missions would feature quite prominently?

HiddenKiller612
12-09-2013, 02:02 AM
If you wanna make loads of money, go after Royal Convoys... if your ship isn't upgraded enough to fight them head on... you can actually anchor your ship, jump into the water, and climb aboard the convoy... You'll make more money than you can spend.

Dev_Anj
12-15-2013, 03:28 AM

Liking the "stealth" in the Altair and Ezio games, but saying Assassin's Creed 4 has no stealth. What a hypocrite.

Assassin's Creed 1 had some barebones social stealth for sure, but it also forced you to chase or fight some targets. Assassin's Creed 4 has mechanics that prevent the stealth from becoming frustrating, even though it might be too easy. Besides it doesn't take much time to upgrade your ship till it can easily destroy the ships during the main story.

So did you like it when Ezio went and blew an entire city up? Bet that was very stealthy. How about when he was driving a tank or flying around a city kicking people off rooftops? Very stealthy indeed. Or how about when he burned an entire freaking fleet before everyone's eyes? (something which even Edward didn't do) The list can go on and on..

The way I see it, if you guy is an Assassin officially, whatever mayhem he causes it still counts as an AC game, but if he is not, then no matter how stealthy he is, its not a puritan AC game. As others have said, AC4 had far more stealth than past AC games, certainly more than Brotherhood or Revelations.

@Rupert: Exactly. The ocean is the new Kingdom/Frontier, only much more developed and more interesting, and your ship is your new horse. That's exactly how I saw it as well.

Hahahahahaha. Completely agree with this.

Everyone can express opinions, but poorly expressed pointless criticism like the poster of this thread is only unhelpful and obnoxious.