PDA

View Full Version : Regarding that ACV survey....

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Firstly, why can't the forumers get to do this? I would have thought some of us if not all would have been good choices to do the survey

Second - Does this mean AC5 isn't the next installment? Think about it, they cant just get feedback now and then implement it into a game thats already been worked on for a year. I am guessing that the next AC game will be a spin off.

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Firstly, why can't the forumers get to do this? I would have thought some of us if not all would have been good choices to do the survey

Second - Does this mean AC5 isn't the next installment? Think about it, they cant just get feedback now and then implement it into a game thats already been worked on for a year. I am guessing that the next AC game will be a spin off.

Well look at ACIV, that was worked on at the same time AC3 was and so much of ACIV feels like a direct response to AC3 critiscisms. They could also be gauging how well they think their current project fits the fans preferences.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Well look at ACIV, that was worked on at the same time AC3 was and so much of ACIV feels like a direct response to AC3 critiscisms. They could also be gauging how well they think their current project fits the fans preferences.

It might feel that way but it doesn't mean that it was a direct response. I remember Ashraf saying that the team that did ACIV were mostly new people to the AC project with newer/fresher ideas.

ze_topazio
12-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I only received a survey about what i use the forum for, i feel discriminated. :p

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM
It might feel that way but it doesn't mean that it was a direct response. I remember Ashraf saying that the team that did ACIV were mostly new people to the AC project with newer/fresher ideas.

Hmmm...well they put out a survey after AC3 didn't they? Maybe the next game is a spin-off and they are really taking their time with ACV.

I really hope it's not a pirate spin-off, Black Flag was awesome but I've had enough of pirates. They need to keep it fresh - that's why IV was great, but they better not run the Pirate theme into the ground like they did with the renaissance.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I hope its nothing to do with pirates either, although I doubt it will be.

MIA SILENT
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I doubt it will be a spin-off. A new protagonist means a numbered title, no? And I don't see us playing Edward or any other previous Assassins again.

Nasta_
12-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Where was the survey held anyway? Who received it?
I'm a loyal Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft fan and it just went completely past me...

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Maybe it's a Connor spin-off...

MIA SILENT
12-07-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm a loyal Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft fan and it just went completely past me...

I got an email asking me to do a survey to "make the next game better", but I was too late to fill it in.

Nasta_
12-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I got an email asking me to do a survey to "make the next game better", but I was too late to fill it in.

Weird, I didn't get anything... And I always read my emails. Ah well.
Would've loved to fill it out.
ACIV brought me back good memories from the 2003 Bethesda released Pirates of the Caribbean game... Glad that after 10 years there was another game like it.

silvermercy
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I only received an email about a forums survey (where I answered "other" as the rest of the options didn't cover me completely. As a regular, I come here to be part of the AC community in general).

Maybe they didn't send me the other one because I tend to like most things in AC anyway. Easy to please. lol

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Easy to please. lol

Wat

ze_topazio
12-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I only received an email about a forums survey (where I answered "other" as the rest of the options didn't cover me completely. As a regular, I come here to be part of the AC community in general).

Maybe they didn't send me the other one because I tend to like most things in AC anyway. Easy to please. lol

Same email i received, same answer i gave.

Nasta_
12-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Shouldn't be it, since everyone has an opinion. I just would've assumed everyone got sent a or the survey. Or at least, and especially, everyone owning all the main AC games, even more especially owning all the most advanced released versions of the games and season passes, etc.
But instead I was left out, seems like a shame. Guess it must be because I have all of them for PC.

evil9494
12-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I feel stupid, i wanted that survey. I want my opinion to be heard too. A fan of the series since the beginning :/

Nasta_
12-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I feel stupid, i wanted that survey. I want my opinion to be heard too. A fan of the series since the beginning :/It seems like they just sent it to random people, rather than people having all games attached to their accounts. A shame really.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 02:32 PM
It seems like they just sent it to random people, rather than people having all games attached to their accounts. A shame really.

Should not be sent to random people, everyone on the forums should have a chance to fill it in.

antony X1000
12-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I lurk far, far more than posting here, but I got the survey. It must have just been a random selection.

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 04:18 PM
We have a lurker in our midst it...it...it reminds me of me when I first made an account.

dxsxhxcx
12-07-2013, 04:53 PM
they probably didn't send this survey to most people active here because many of us would certainly give the kind feedback that does not fit their current business model since we know the game better than any random people that just played AC2 or casuals that don't pay attention to details, they want the game to stay as it is since they don't have the time to properly work on it, if these surveys give them the answer they don't want to hear, they'll be "forced" to do something (assuming they actually take these surveys into consideration no matter their result) and won't have more excuses to don't do something to fix what's broken...

Krayus Korianis
12-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Because everyone on the forums wants a Japanese AC, Chinese AC or something with people in black pajamas and swords.

RzaRecta357
12-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Heh don't feel bad. I bought AC1 and 2 on both systems THEN PC. I own all the rest on PS3 AND PC after that. I didn't get the survey and I do everything AC haha. I was hoping I'd get it too... Just wanted to get my vote in on the modern day protagonist stuff.

Hoping we get an Assassin that looks sort of like the one from Brahman or something this time.

Legendz54
12-07-2013, 07:14 PM
That sucks i want that survey bad ;(

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I only received a survey about what i use the forum for, i feel discriminated. :p

Yeah, I got the same. It wasn't even tied to this account/name, it was my uplay name. Weird. I deleted it.

xx-pyro
12-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Should not be sent to random people, everyone on the forums should have a chance to fill it in.

On the contrary a random sample is the best way to go about doing it.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Everyone on the forums PLUS others. I didn't say just the forumers.

Nasta_
12-08-2013, 05:29 AM

I suppose you have a point there... However, the most involved fans of the franchise feel a little left out, while anyone who just played one of the games might not even open the survey, let alone send in a fully answered one.
Then better to send out multiple surveys or one in which it asks which game(s) you've played.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 10:47 AM
umm... I got a survey, but I don't think it was the same as everyone eles.

It was about me asking a question of support in the forums?

RinoTheBouncer
12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
How do i access this survey? any links please?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 03:33 PM

This. I read the first post, and this was my thought entirely.

I remember getting these before when no one else did. But I haven't received one in a long time.

Same deal here. Maybe they sent out the wrong survey to everyone?

Agreed.

Mine to. It didn't even apply to me, so I just jumped ship on it after about five to six questions.

pacmanate
12-08-2013, 04:15 PM

Screw the forums, that went downhill when it became a 3+ baby zone.

How do i access this survey? any links please?

You can't, which is the problem.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM
You can't, which is the problem.

Yeah. I think it is. Really, they should include more people.

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Have you got the URL please? :)

eifere
12-08-2013, 05:32 PM
The survey is an opportunity for Ubisoft to improve their support services. With my recent experience of their *unsatisfactory* support service I gave them my candid feedback.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 05:34 PM
No, that's a different survey. Two were released, the one we're talking about is future game specific.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 05:43 PM
No, that's a different survey. Two were released, the one we're talking about is future game specific.

What I don't understand is why I got an email for the survey revolving around their support services when I, to the best of my knowledge, have never used their support services.

ladyleonhart
12-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I just checked my e-mails and I received the survey on 25th November, but... I only got my new PS3 yesterday and I wanted to finish the game first before giving feedback. -__- They should have really given us more time - at least a month. Oh well...

killzab
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM
I feel a little betrayed as a fan for not being given the chance to fill the survey...

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I feel a little betrayed as a fan for not being given the chance to fill the survey...
Same here, just feeling let down by Ubi it seems they favour some fans though.. I've seen this happen on Twitter.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
really? Umm.. .I follow ubi on twitter bit It's not like I've messaged them directly! The people there are pretty awesome though! (the ones in San Fran at least)

btw Hi Alex! *hugs* it's been foreeeever!

MIA SILENT
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Same here, just feeling let down by Ubi it seems they favour some fans though.. I've seen this happen on Twitter.

I honestly think it's just randomly sent out to people. And the URL you asked for has nothing on it but a message telling me the study has been closed.

pacmanate
12-08-2013, 08:50 PM
I honestly think it's just randomly sent out to people. And the URL you asked for has nothing on it but a message telling me the study has been closed.

Best survey ever.

adventurewomen
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
really? Umm.. .I follow ubi on twitter bit It's not like I've messaged them directly! The people there are pretty awesome though! (the ones in San Fran at least)

btw Hi Alex! *hugs* it's been foreeeever!
Hey Lonna! *hugs* it has been forever I missed you too!

Yeah it's just something I've observed, I won't name any names it's just from an objective viewpoint, I'm not applying what i said to all Ubi teams it's just some that favour certain fans and send them free AC stuff all the time.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Ahhh! okay gotcha! well in that case there is nothing to say. :/