PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Bandfuse, how does it compare ?

TummyBanana
12-07-2013, 01:44 AM
How does Bandfuse differ from rocksmith? Is it worth owning both?

Dagreenskins
12-07-2013, 02:20 AM
I have been playing BF for the past few weeks and you can't compare TAB to the Note Highway. I find myself having to remember more of the song with BF then I do with RS. The Note Highway provides information about changes taking place in songs and TAB does not. If you played RS1 and didn't mind all the navigation through menus then BF is a good game. You will get more songs to play and some of the same songs are live performances and are charted differently. If you like the songs on the game and want to learn about playing TAB it is not a bad way to go. I find it worth owning both games however still a bigger fan of RS.

hedwards362
12-07-2013, 02:42 AM
How does Bandfuse differ from rocksmith? Is it worth owning both?

There's an entire topic related to that further down the page.

In short though, if RS is working for you, then there's really no reason to get BF. From the discussion there the design philosophies are at opposite ends of the spectrum. RS let's you play along to solos and or rhythm and use deductive reasoning to figure out a lot of the basics. BF apparently uses a lot of basic exercises that the player then synthesizes to learn more advanced techniques.

Neither way is necessarily wrong, but some people are going to do better with one or the other.

toymachinesh
12-07-2013, 03:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716689-Thoughts-on-Bandfuse/page148

C.Linton
12-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Personally, I think both can contribute useful exercise in learning guitar, and as we've all seen although there are repeats of songs in both games there are also going to be songs available in one that will not be available for the other. II don't think one is better than the other necessarily, it's more a matter of which interface you find more comfortable to you. Although I haven't gotten very far in BF, I've only currently been playing the lower levels on the two easiest bass songs, ("Bad Luck"and "Song 2") but so far, I like it.

nadagretsch
12-07-2013, 04:08 AM
I think the main thing with Bandfuse is that it has really helped me with my timing. With Rocksmith, it just really feels loose when it comes to timing, with Bandfuse I am finding if you are slightly off on timing you miss the note, so it is harder to score well if you are playing sloppy. It also has an indicator showing how your timing is. I think the note detection is better on Bandfuse. And I think the program itself is more solid, I have been playing since it released and have not had a single problem. The rhythm parts in Bandfuse are actually charted so you can see the strumming patterns, although they are not perfect, they are far better than what Rocksmith has done. The cool factor is when playing on level 5 if you want you can remove the guitar playing in the song and just hear yourself. I really like it.

Rocksmith has more of a fun factor. Obviously more DLC. And for the most part easier to sight read. Lessons are far better in Rocksmith. I wouldn't buy Bandfuse for the lessons.

I own both and don't regret having either one. I think the big thing is how much free time you have to commit to playing.

thoman23
12-07-2013, 05:39 AM
I always assumed that if BandFuse were ever released on PC, I would buy it immediately. But lately I realize my PC-based tools are piling up...Rocksmith, Jammit, Go PlayAlong, Rock Prodigy, Guitar Notes Master, etc. And yet I spend all my time in Rocksmith. Maybe I don't need more tools. But scored vocals would be really cool, as would muting the studio guitar track.

Moot point anyway since it will apparently never be on PC.

l alkyholic l
12-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I have some issues with bandfuse. the timing detection seems faulty and random at times especially during lessons.. and it's odd to me that the latency detection in the settings uses the controller's A button to time out on-screen clicks. Seems to me like you should play a guitar note every time the needle hits each side to fix latency between what's on-screen and what you are playing... I also felt like the lessons from people like slash and five finger death punch were pretty careless about actual technique and form. They literally preach about how important it is to look cool when playing and could potentially lead many people to carpel tunnel and such..

but since I'm not going into rocksmiths problems, I digress.. overall, if you can afford both, I think there are benefits to each. Rocksmith is easier and a lot more FUN once you are used to the note highway and get into the guitarcade. Bandfuse is a lot harder to get used to and overall harder to play since it uses difficulty selection instead of detecting your skill level and advancing you itself. At the same time, bandfuse has greater multiplayer ability, has more techniques to learn, and teaches you to be able to read moving tab which is pretty useful if you use Guitar Pro like I have for years. I honestly think what one is lacking, the other fills and would consider the idea of a guitar game perfect if you could combine the two games.. oh and neither have particularly impressive *free* song lists if that's important to you..

TummyBanana
12-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks I think I'll give it a go
TB

mrvega79
12-07-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't understand the need for scored vocals. But then, I'm a singer first and foremost, if I want to sing a song, I just listen to it while reading the words.

Bandfuse can't possibly compare with Rocksmith, simply because there's no PC version. And I wish Rocksmith would come out with a truly PC-specific version. That would be amazing.

hedwards362
12-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't understand the need for scored vocals. But then, I'm a singer first and foremost, if I want to sing a song, I just listen to it while reading the words.

Bandfuse can't possibly compare with Rocksmith, simply because there's no PC version. And I wish Rocksmith would come out with a truly PC-specific version. That would be amazing.

I understand that. I love singing, but when I'm learning to play the guitar, I don't want to be scored on my singing. Learning to play guitar should take all of my attention as I already know how to sing. I mostly sing so that I don't reach that place where I have to learn to sing while I play guitar.

thoman23
12-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Well if you don't care about pitch accuracy feedback, then you don't need "scored guitar" either. You can just plug in to your amp and play along to an mp3. To me, the feedback on when the right notes were or were not hit is the heart of games like this.

With that said, I primarily want scored vocals so my kids can sing along while I play. And yes they can sing along anyway, but the scoring aspect teaches them and motivates them to do better.

CrazedRacer
12-07-2013, 07:47 PM
I picked up Bandfuse last night. Put it in and started it up. Played a couple of songs. Took it back out and put Rocksmith back in. I'll try it again a few times, but I really can't see it taking more than a tenth of my guitar game time...

I have no issue reading tab, but even on easy songs, this **** is streaking by like mad... I'll have to try some of the songs in lick lab and see if working through them makes it any easier... It's just not nearly as "friendly" as Rocksmih is, even on lower levels.

mrvega79
12-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Oops, I thought you meant having the musical score (i.e., the notes) for the vocals ! Not the same thing as receiving a score (i.e. points)!

Rocksmith is a guitar game. I suppose it's nice and all that they give the lyrics, but really, I see those as just more clutter on the screen. I suppose I can see the fun in the Bandfuse concept, though.