PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Tuning and low guitar volume issues

JesikaR
12-05-2013, 03:33 AM
New rocksmith user - playing with epiphone Les Paul and brand new game.

When in tuning screen game is not recognizing notes - I can hear the guitar in the background but precision tuner only shows numbers occasionally and string won't lock on in tune. I have trade out game and cord to resolve any possible cord issues, had the guitar checked out for issues (techs say its working great and in tune) tried different USB connections (front and back) still getting same issue and message that comes up saying "Guitar volume is too low. Make sure volume is turned up" my volume is at 10 :(

Not sure what to try next! Please help!

Kynlore
12-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Are you playing on a PC? If so, check your mixer input volume.

Ilseroth
12-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Are you playing on a PC? If so, check your mixer input volume.

This person is accurate: for whatever reason whenever I boot rocksmith it sets my volume to 17/100. Keep in mind, if you turn it up beyond 30 or so you are going get alot of feedback, but turn it to 25ish and it works a lot better.

westyfu
12-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I use my cable's as a quick'n'nasty Audio interface on W7 and even without booting the game every time you plug it in, the volume gets set to 17 (Used to always be 30, not sure what changed...).

On Console's with my cheap-o P-Bass clone I have to use a preamp, or a compressor/volume pedal to avoid the warnings.

Edit: I don't have RS 1 or 14 for PC so it can't be the program changing the volume, Has to be windows or the driver.

mrvega79
12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
New rocksmith user - playing with epiphone Les Paul and brand new game.

When in tuning screen game is not recognizing notes - I can hear the guitar in the background but precision tuner only shows numbers occasionally and string won't lock on in tune. I have trade out game and cord to resolve any possible cord issues, had the guitar checked out for issues (techs say its working great and in tune) tried different USB connections (front and back) still getting same issue and message that comes up saying "Guitar volume is too low. Make sure volume is turned up" my volume is at 10 :(

Not sure what to try next! Please help!

Sounds like you're on a PC?

Go to the Sound Control Panel, then the Recording tab. Select the Rocksmith cable, click on the Properties button. On the Levels tab, raise the the level to 30 or more. This will raise the volume of your guitar in Rocksmith.

Then, in Rocksmith, re-calibrate the guitar: You have to go to Session Mode to do this, I think, there's a button to click for the Tuner at the bottom of the screen, this will allow you to re-calibrate. It helps to turn the volume on your guitar DOWN a bit -- halfway or so -- when recalibrating. This will give you more ability to adjust the level of the guitar for the different songs.

westyfu
12-05-2013, 04:30 PM
You can access the tuner/calibration from anywhere by opening the Tools menu in '14.

in RS1 it's hidden in with the Techniques for some reason.