PDA

View Full Version : Berzerk: Assassination By Suicide

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 11:16 AM
So how many of you complete the stealth assassinations by getting the target to actually kill themselves. I know I really shouldn't but it gives me the giggles every time.

BUT.... I do think there should be more than two varieties of darts. Sleep, Berzerk, Drunk, Paranoid (runs off and causes the other guards to follow him to try and get him back).

There are soooo many other versions I would have loved to use. Allergy ones that only affect some targets. etc. Basically make the assassinations more unique and not carbon copy of them.

AND you should be able to dart the farm workers too. Making them panic that the crops aren't going to get harvested on times (paranoid dart) or shoot a dog that would go crazy and bite the guards and run off making the guards mad. Basically make them react more like people and less like robots.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Those would be cool darts. I'm in support for variations of weapons as long as they each have a distinct and useful purpose and could fit different situations better.

SixKeys
12-04-2013, 04:15 PM
The Paranoid dart just sounds like the old Thieves faction, made even easier. I don't think we need more darts, but a distraction tool like the bombs in ACR would be handy.

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Actually I just realised there is one dart that is glaringly missing. Something like a "Two-Step Poison".... i.e. you take two steps and you die.... and yes there are poison darts that natives use that act like that. They basically stop your heart.

Just have a read of this... there is excellent corroboration that poison darts would be used in Edward's time as they had been in use for a LONG time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_poison

Sushiglutton
12-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking the berserk darts should be nerfed some. They should cause a guard to hallucinate/scream and have others running over to him to hold him down, but noone should die in the process. Basically a non lethal distraction tool. As it is now it's just a bit too overpowered.

SixKeys
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking the berserk darts should be nerfed some. They should cause a guard to hallucinate/scream and have others running over to him to hold him down, but noone should die in the process. Basically a non lethal distraction tool. As it is now it's just a bit too overpowered.

Would be less fun, though. It may be OP (that's why I prefer sleeping darts), but sometimes I just like to sit back and watch the massacre. :p

Sushiglutton
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Would be less fun, though. It may be OP (that's why I prefer sleeping darts), but sometimes I just like to sit back and watch the massacre. :p

Games should not be played for fun :mad::p! I see what you mean, I do it myself every now and then and it is funny. It's just a little odd balance wise. I dunno. Maybe they could introduce a dubstep dart for pure distraction, so we both could get what we want?

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Actually, the balance is there because shooting a berserk dart doesn't always go the way you plan. Other guards will sound the alarm and berserk guards may kill any hostages as well.

TAZ427
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
I miss the poison dart - quick and efficient, but the Berserk dart is the next best thing. I like using them on the Big thugs w/ Axes as they can usually take a couple down, plus they get taken out. I started using it as a major way of stealth killing, especially during the Assassination Contracts. Not that I need the money, just want it over with and done. Mainly want to get everything Yellow on the map, which all but two locations I've found/done everything at. One, I just need a Fragment that's up above a chimney which I can't figure out how to get to. I can get on the Chimney but I can't reach it, and there's nothing to approach from above. That's a bit frustrating. It's on the manner house that you assassinate the guy in the Pergola, which I did with a Berserk Dart - LOL, had to just wait until he died as he didn't leave to go get hacked up.

TAZ427
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Actually, the balance is there because shooting a berserk dart doesn't always go the way you plan. Other guards will sound the alarm and berserk guards may kill any hostages as well.

Yeah for the missions requiring freeing up these guys for 100% (outside of the first Sequence you get them) I would preform a 'Sleep, sleep, run double assassinate' after clearing surrounding areas ;-)

Sushiglutton
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM

There are some negatives to using berserk darts, like in hostage situations as you say. But in some spots it's just incredbly powerful and you can do it again and again. I mean it's not that big of an issue for me as I only use when I feel like it. But I think pure distraction would be a better design overall.

NeoMorph WTH
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
I tend to end up cringing after using the sleep darts because you have to approach them and hit X to knock them out... unfortunately "knock them out" in Edward's terminology is "KICK EM INNA NUTS". :nonchalance:

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 06:49 PM
I tend to end up cringing after using the sleep darts because you have to approach them and hit X to knock them out... unfortunately "knock them out" in Edward's terminology is "KICK EM INNA NUTS". :nonchalance:

Yeah, I always cringe a little how Edward brutally kicks them in the nuts lol

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 06:53 PM
And yes, I do it all the time. Having you target killed by his nearest bodyguard is the ultimate win. As Sixkeys said, maybe a little OP but damn if it isn't fun to watch. I'd berserk one, then he would attract 4-5 towards him. I'd pick out the strongest of em and berserk him too. When he starts getting weak I'd add some more to the fray lol Epic circus.

Btw Sushi, berserks work as distraction too. There were many occasions when a berserked guard would draw nearby paroling guards towards him allowing me to sneak by.