PDA

View Full Version : great white sharks? elite harpoon plan?

ddr the doc
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Is there a certain point in the story great whites appear? Where how do you get the elite harpoon plan? It seems you need it for whale hunting. I tried killer whale with advanced harpoon and got killed like 5xs. Advanced don't do enuff damage to a killer whale. Its ok for bull sharks though. great whites and hammerheads I don't know have not seen any yet. Im on seqence 3 memory 6. Also is it possible to malee kill jaquars? I see the promps and mash them but it always has me for lunch. Well not all of this was on topic I had a few questions.

Great game the detail they put in it and the experience is great frustrating at times. Great game though so far.

poptartz20
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
well... several of the "elite plans" come from either ship wrecks or treasure maps from what I've seen.

and honestly I think there is no "planned" time for when you run across rare animals. It just happens when it happens? (maybe someone else can say otherwise?) Because I random ran into the white Jaguar. It showed up as a red paw on screen out of nowhere. and I was on sequence 5 and I yet to see a great white shark. I know this doesn't help much, but you aren't alone!

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 08:46 PM
It just takes more time because of damage, but 30+ is really a lot, I've never died doing it 0_o

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 08:49 PM
The Sharks, and other non social water targets, are shown on the Map full time as little white icons in the shape of the respective animal. The game refers to them as fish, but Whales and Sharks are not fish.

If you have captured the forts, you should see the icons. If you have not captured the fort in that area, the icon may not be visible.

As you get close to the location, you should see a white circle on the water with birds swimming overheard.

If you use the spyscope to check out the target you will be presented with an indicator, just like for ships, with a colored level number on them, that indicates the strength of the target.

The only water targets that are not permanent are the Naval Convoys, indicated by a white 4R icon, and the timed social targets that are indicated by a blue icon.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Great whites are bottom left. I'm surprised to hear you're having troubles with the killer whale... I did the White whale with only like a couple upgrades to harpooning. It took me a while but since then I've never failed harpooning. Hammerheads are on the right side of the map, more near the top. If you clear the forts it'll show you where they are. Great whites are end game as far as location. (although they're easy peasy. Don't know how they will be for you.)

Also, yeah you can melee kill animals, jaguars in this particular case. When they jump on you, if you do the quick time right you insta kill them, and if not you can chase them down after they run away and just hidden blade them. Same will happen if you just bump into one by accident and hit x. Or for some odd reason you're having lots of trouble you could just shoot them...

persona523
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I havent got to the part where great white shark

But I manage to kill some Humpback whales and lots of them hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uXwGZrJKg4

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Great Whites are a pain because they keep changing direction randomly... usually just as I throw the darn harpoon. Lucky I have maxed out the whaleboating section so I have plenty of harpoons. I lose a few but never have any real problems. I did fail one great white whale attack though.

AngryRaisin
12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Here's a list of where to find upgrade plans such as Elite Harpoon.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Elite_Ship_Upgrades

ddr the doc
12-04-2013, 02:01 AM
I havent got to the part where great white shark

But I manage to kill some Humpback whales and lots of them hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uXwGZrJKg4

which harpoon are you using? you said couple of harpoon upgrades there are only 2 that's max elite. That is the elite harpoon your using. Where did you find hammerhead sharks for pistol ammo pouch 2?

RoBg03
12-04-2013, 02:33 AM
which harpoon are you using? you said couple of harpoon upgrades there are only 2 that's max elite. That is the elite harpoon your using. Where did you find hammerhead sharks for pistol ammo pouch 2?

like someone else said, if you clear the forts they will reveal the locations on the map of the nearby items. (animals,animus frag, chests,etc) but if i remember correctly the hammer heads are in the north eastish?....i think it was the first animal i harpooned so its in the north for sure. btw, seems to me like the max harpoon storage (40) is just as if not more useful than elite harpoon strenth.