PDA

View Full Version : New Assassins Creed V

dukeofmoraca
12-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi guys,
I talked with my friends about idea to set the new AC in the Japan in the era of samurais and ninjas. So i want to post my idea here and see what others think about it.
I think this would be really nice,
playing as ninja, to really experience what word stealth means.To use shurikens, hooks, and other nice weapons .
I except from you all to comment and give some new ideas.
:)

ze_topazio
12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
What an original idea, no one had ever, in the history of the universe, suggested Japan as a possible setting.

:cool:

dukeofmoraca
12-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Hope more guys will like my idea and that ac will be sth like this .:)

HypeR.tgL
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Too bad AC V is already confirmed to be set in Johto where you fight off the Flood on planet Veldin.

But seriously, this is a very generic and common idea dude haha. Read through the forums or just search "AC V" or something rather, you'll find that there's been a few hundred suggestions the same as yours.

dukeofmoraca
12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I am new member so couldnt see that :P

dukeofmoraca
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Then let it be AC VI ?? :)

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
The only way you can get more generic than this is to suggest a zombie AC.

dwellar
12-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Here is an idea. Why doesn't Ubisoft stop putting out a game that has defects every year and invest more time in the next one and put out a better product

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Here is an idea. Why doesn't Ubisoft stop putting out a game that has defects every year and invest more time in the next one and put out a better product

Black Flag was a huge success. So not quite sure where you are coming from *******

Fatal-Feit
12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Black Flag was a huge success. So not quite sure where you are coming from *******

Black Flag had its occasional problems, but yeah. For the most part the game was a big hit.

I guess a huge majority of the fans prefers simple lighthearted stories.

allentrill
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
lets see whats left thats not been done....and to make it logical no modern day time periods......
we have had renaissance, Arabian, pirates and independence...
so what we have left is old west and feudal japan, oh and caveman(but i cant really see assasins creed dinosaur hunter can you?:) )
oh well there is knights of the round table era but i cant see assassins creed arthurs knights...wait maybe i could
so not much more they can do if they wannna keep it unmodern.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 01:27 AM
lets see whats left thats not been done....and to make it logical no modern day time periods......
we have had renaissance, Arabian, pirates and independence...
so what we have left is old west and feudal japan, oh and caveman(but i cant really see assasins creed dinosaur hunter can you?:) )
oh well there is knights of the round table era but i cant see assassins creed arthurs knights...wait maybe i could
so not much more they can do if they wannna keep it unmodern.

You do know that humans and dinosaurs never coexisted right?

Also...let me get this straight -- History goes like:

-Caveman times (with dinosaurs, naturally)
-Then cavemen became Knights of the Round Table (Time)
-A little while later we have Feudal Japan
-Then Arabian stuff with the Crusades
-Then the Renaissance happened
-Then after the Renaissance we got Pirates
-Then after Pirates we had Independence (I assume you mean the Revolutionary War because of course you must have, there have never been any OTHER revolutions, right?)
-Then after the Revolution we had cowboys and bandits!
-Then we have nowadays (Modern times)

Cavemen went from living in caves to being knights around a table and we went from fighting bandits on horseback to listening to MP3s and watching TV. Yup, definitely no other time periods throughout the whole of history.

delta_79_echo
12-04-2013, 02:12 AM
i had been wanting a ww2 version of assassins creed. i would imagine its e3 trailer to be him storming the beaches of normandy and the change his setting to the pacific defending a hill from the japanese and using a flamethrower. his weapons could be two USMC K-bar knives, a pistol, a scoped springfield, and hidden blades of course :p. i would use weapons like the m1 garland, thompson, and an mp-40, but with limited ammo to keep the ac feeling. how many people would like that idea.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 02:42 AM
i had been wanting a ww2 version of assassins creed. i would imagine its e3 trailer to be him storming the beaches of normandy and the change his setting to the pacific defending a hill from the japanese and using a flamethrower. his weapons could be two USMC K-bar knives, a pistol, a scoped springfield, and hidden blades of course :p. i would use weapons like the m1 garland, thompson, and an mp-40, but with limited ammo to keep the ac feeling. how many people would like that idea.

No. DEAR GOD no.

Do you realize what made AC fun in the first place? Not being some generic shooter. -_-

delta_79_echo
12-04-2013, 03:39 AM
No. DEAR GOD no.

Do you realize what made AC fun in the first place? Not being some generic shooter. -_-

thats why i would put limited ammo on the weapons, like they did on ac3 and black flags. i also thought ww1 or the civil war could be something new. those don't have much movies or books like ww2, and they don't use as much firearms either

HiddenKiller612
12-04-2013, 04:43 AM
This place really needs a general idea thread... where all ideas are posted... instead of allowing multiple threads with the same idea being posted repeatedly...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
thats why i would put limited ammo on the weapons, like they did on ac3 and black flags. i also thought ww1 or the civil war could be something new. those don't have much movies or books like ww2, and they don't use as much firearms either

Riiiight.... see. Thing is...

In WW2.... we had automatic weapons -- machine guns, grenades, planes with mounted guns, F*CKING NUKES. In the 1700s we had muskets which took about a minute to reload unless you were godly at reloading, were imprecise, and cannons. All of which weren't even SEMI-automatic. They had to be reloaded after every shot.

So you can't really "limit" the ammo because it makes no sense for soldiers or ANYONE to still be using flintlocks at that time. How would the beach of Normandy play out then? "Fire! Okay now wait while we reload! Waiiit.... we said wait! We're reloading because we have inexplicably small ammo amounts for our machine guns and for some reason we only put one bullet into the guns and then reload!!!!"

It's not like Ubisoft devs minimized the ammo -- guns just literally didn't HAVE any more ammo back then. That's not the case with WW2. If you want them to try and shoehorn limited ammo, look no further than the Abstergo mission in AC3 where Desmond storms Abstergo and all the guards use nightsticks for no reason and the few who DO use a pistol, put it away after one shot despite the type of pistol being semi-automatic. It made no sense there and a whole game of that would be freaking RIDICULOUS.

This place really needs a general idea thread... where all ideas are posted... instead of allowing multiple threads with the same idea being posted repeatedly...

There is... unless you were being sarcastic and knew that...

allentrill
12-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes except we have seen Arabian , Renaissance, Independence(with Indians) and prates already..my point is whats left. Feudal Japan,Cavemen, Knights of the round, and maybe old west. nce they said they did not plan on modern times assassins creed. Someone earlier said that feudal japan wasnt original(being sarcastic) i just pointed out what we have left. Sorry if i wa not clearer.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Yes except we have seen Arabian , Renaissance, Independence(with Indians) and prates already..my point is whats left. Feudal Japan,Cavemen, Knights of the round, and maybe old west. nce they said they did not plan on modern times assassins creed. Someone earlier said that feudal japan wasnt original(being sarcastic) i just pointed out what we have left. Sorry if i wa not clearer.

So your point was that Ubisoft has covered almost every single time period in the whole of human history in just about 6 games and they only have a few more possible time periods?

Then I understood you completely. I'm making fun of your crazy concept of history is all.

delta_79_echo
12-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Riiiight.... see. Thing is...

In WW2.... we had automatic weapons -- machine guns, grenades, planes with mounted guns, F*CKING NUKES. In the 1700s we had muskets which took about a minute to reload unless you were godly at reloading, were imprecise, and cannons. All of which weren't even SEMI-automatic. They had to be reloaded after every shot.

So you can't really "limit" the ammo because it makes no sense for soldiers or ANYONE to still be using flintlocks at that time. How would the beach of Normandy play out then? "Fire! Okay now wait while we reload! Waiiit.... we said wait! We're reloading because we have inexplicably small ammo amounts for our machine guns and for some reason we only put one bullet into the guns and then reload!!!!"

It's not like Ubisoft devs minimized the ammo -- guns just literally didn't HAVE any more ammo back then. That's not the case with WW2. If you want them to try and shoehorn limited ammo, look no further than the Abstergo mission in AC3 where Desmond storms Abstergo and all the guards use nightsticks for no reason and the few who DO use a pistol, put it away after one shot despite the type of pistol being semi-automatic. It made no sense there and a whole game of that would be freaking RIDICULOUS.

There is... unless you were being sarcastic and knew that...

it kinda makes sense whenever you put it that way. you are right, it wouldn't be fair to the players either. i have seen some things for french revolutions and things similar to that genre brought up i other forums. but that seemed a bit between the era of the american revolution and the era from revelations. i just wanted something different other than things between those eras, something fresh. i hoped it cleared some things. I'm not a huge COD or MOH fan, but WW2 is my favorite war era. thats why i thought it would be a good idea. the americans, british, and french were close together when fighting the axis powers in europe in normandy. i was thinking they could do something about that with the brotherhood. where the members from different countries had to work together to fight for freedom for europe. thats why i thought it would have been a DECENT idea for the next ac game. i hoped that cleared a lot of what I meant. sorry i was not clear enough :confused:

Rugterwyper32
12-05-2013, 02:02 AM
No. DEAR GOD no.

Agreed. AC messes around with historical times that other games won't explore the same way, and these time periods don't rely on guns. If you get guns, they're pretty limited as was standard of the times. Which is why I don't want them to go anywhere past the early 19th century, and even then I'd prefer for them to not touch those for a while.

There supposedly is

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles

Unfortunately, it's not pinned and people don't redirect to it enough. And it's constantly buried with topics like this and people not using it.

You're ignoring a lot, and I mean a LOT of time periods. History has a lot of variety, and those time periods aren't everything. You have history of many countries in Asia (Not just Japan but China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Singapore...) lots of Europe at different moments of its history (Eastern Europe, the countries around the Baltic Sea,Central Europe during, say, the 30 Years' War, the way the Iberian Peninsula worked around the Reconquista...), South America still hasn't been taken into account (and the Inca were a completely different beast from civilizations in Central America), many moments of history in Africa... There are still LOTS of places to go to.

delta_79_echo
12-05-2013, 03:39 AM
[QUOTE=Rugterwyper32;9417776]Agreed. AC messes around with historical times that other games won't explore the same way, and these time periods don't rely on guns. If you get guns, they're pretty limited as was standard of the times. Which is why I don't want them to go anywhere past the early 19th century, and even then I'd prefer for them to not touch those for a while.

thats why i suggested ww1. because there are't many, if not at all, games that have that setting

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-05-2013, 12:35 PM
it kinda makes sense whenever you put it that way. you are right, it wouldn't be fair to the players either. i have seen some things for french revolutions and things similar to that genre brought up i other forums. but that seemed a bit between the era of the american revolution and the era from revelations. i just wanted something different other than things between those eras, something fresh. i hoped it cleared some things. I'm not a huge COD or MOH fan, but WW2 is my favorite war era. thats why i thought it would be a good idea. the americans, british, and french were close together when fighting the axis powers in europe in normandy. i was thinking they could do something about that with the brotherhood. where the members from different countries had to work together to fight for freedom for europe. thats why i thought it would have been a DECENT idea for the next ac game. i hoped that cleared a lot of what I meant. sorry i was not clear enough :confused:

No WW2 is definitely an awesome time and would definitely have seen Templay and Assassin involvement. In fact, we know Hitler used a Piece of Eden as it's discussed between Ford and Edison I believe in one of the Subject 16 puzzles in AC2. I just don't want a game set during the time. It should be a comic or movie. I really think Ubi needs to start using the comics and animated films in order to tell AC stories that wouldn't work for an AC game. WW2 could be it, a modern Assassin story could be told, etc. Basically...anything that would be fun to play, save it for a game...anything impossible to do while still keeping the same good AC gameplay, save it for a comic or animated film.

Cornik22
12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
For those of you who want to play an Assasin's Creed during WWII, just play The Saboteur. Problem solved! ;)

RupRupankata
12-05-2013, 06:27 PM
http://9gag.com/gag/aozK5zX?ref=fb.s AC 5 Haiduti

Hans684
12-05-2013, 06:52 PM
For those of you who want to play an Assasin's Creed during WWII, just play The Saboteur. Problem solved! ;)

Not ecaclly, sure it sett in a historical time period and setting, but it dosen't have all of AC's core concept. It only has one: history. It still need TWCB, modern day. And i have the game.

delta_79_echo
12-06-2013, 12:40 AM
No WW2 is definitely an awesome time and would definitely have seen Templay and Assassin involvement. In fact, we know Hitler used a Piece of Eden as it's discussed between Ford and Edison I believe in one of the Subject 16 puzzles in AC2. I just don't want a game set during the time. It should be a comic or movie. I really think Ubi needs to start using the comics and animated films in order to tell AC stories that wouldn't work for an AC game. WW2 could be it, a modern Assassin story could be told, etc. Basically...anything that would be fun to play, save it for a game...anything impossible to do while still keeping the same good AC gameplay, save it for a comic or animated film.

that just made my day. that is the best idea I've heard. that idea for that game is better on paper than the condole. but for a comic and animation sounds good on paper and the tv screen. you had just given me hope. THANK YOU.:D

RedOctober750
12-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I think they should make the next assassins creed about the civil war were your a former slave working with the union against the confederacy.

RedOctober750
12-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Also if they set a game in ww2 you could be part of the resistance in france

Hrafnagud72
12-07-2013, 12:57 AM
So much dumb in one thread...

Black_Widow9
12-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Please use this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424-Future-AC-Titles

I would suggest checking the Stickies and their contents before creating a new one.

Thanks! ;)