PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: 43.4 mb patch? (Steam Version)

Boemundus
12-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello, my steam just downloaded a 43.4 MB file for this game... Any info on the changes list?

garyjpaterson
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah me too, i hate it when Devs dont add the changelog to Steam! And its not just ubisoft, loads of devs do it. I think Valve should make it compulsory for devs to add patch noted for every update, i hate having to trawl through various forums to find out what changed.

WilderDK
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
And the darn yes i know i have ekstra x 12 is still there...ubifail and no patch notes. the dont ****ing care

AIi-S
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Patch Notes :

- Added 4k monitors support
- The "Reload" option and the "R" key is now available in the controls menu
- Major performance increase in Multiplayer
- Improved multi-GPU support
- Improved multi-monitor support
- Render bug fixes and optimization
- Fixed various minor UI issues
- Fixed various minor input issues
- Fixed various minor freezes

Fireseed
12-03-2013, 02:17 PM
These are the 1.01 (Day One) patch notes and not the changelog of the new update.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Not sure on the notes, but apparently it fixed the issue with Godrays and Eagle Vision, as well as giving a vertical crossbar to the mouse wheel for tool selection, which means you can now select your throwing knives!

SomeoneSmewhere
12-03-2013, 05:09 PM
It fixed the Juan García bug in my case.

Dellers
12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Starting today extra-objectives in Wolfpack don't work for me. I don't really see a better explanation than the new patch.

Kalle7123
12-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Is the patch available on Uplay as well?

Mr_Shade
12-03-2013, 05:52 PM
The PC version will patch next time you launch it.

Patch notes are in the pinned thread =

SINGLE-PLAYER:
* Fixed an issue that made the Juan Garcia assassination contract in Matanzas impossible to finish in certain conditions
* Fix detection issues
* Fixed desynchronization issues during main missions
* Fix various display issues
* Fixed some graphical issues
* Fixed various online sharing issues relating to White Whales, Social Chests and Royal Convoys
* Fixed sword-spawning issues
* Fixed some database entry issues
* Fixed DLC trailer issues
* Fixed various animation issues
* And other various issues

MULTIPLAYER
* Fix various crash issues
* Voice Chat improvements
* Fixed Wolfpack game mode behavior with Join In Progress option
* Fixed aspects of the Teleport & Bodyguard Abilities
* Fixed issues with host migration in Wolfpack Game Mode.
* Fixed approach meter behavior when under Timephase Ability effect.
* Fixes implemented in Havana & Kingston maps
* Fixed certain Ability set issues in Manhunt.
* Fixed the Booby Trap activation time
* Fixed frequency of the "extra time target" appearing in Wolfpack Game Mode

Starkzard
12-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks Mr_Shade, good to see Ubisoft patching the game really quick this time around, specially fixing performance issues for the multiplayer, kudos for that! :D

organizator2007
12-03-2013, 11:09 PM
thanks for adding 120hz support!-

Alcaria
12-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Starting today extra-objectives in Wolfpack don't work for me. I don't really see a better explanation than the new patch.

Yup...same issue for me. Actually the objectives stop counting when it reaches the acrobatic kill part. Nothing counts beyond that point. Also another issue I encountered after downloading the patch (Uplay user) in 6 out of 8 attempts to join a wolfpack session crashed the game at the point where I'm ABOUT to join the session.

DrPhilGood04
12-04-2013, 03:43 PM
thanks for adding 120hz support!-

How did you activate 120hz? My frames are still locked at 63

organizator2007
12-05-2013, 07:11 PM
How did you activate 120hz? My frames are still locked at 63

i didnt, it autmatically set the resolution from 60hz to 120hz in the options menue.
my monitor is set to 120hz in desktop mode, i guess thats where the game got the info from...

bobyslick1986
12-05-2013, 09:09 PM
There are a lot of fixes that the patch did helped with, which are not mentioned, like:
* Fixed the bug where God rays are changed back to low when Eagle Vision is activated
* Added selection tool when using scroll wheel so now you can see what items you have in your inventory
* Fixed a bug when you had to lock your computer or press ctrl+alt+del and switch back, to fix the 30 fps lock.
Also I noticed improvement in graphics. I was using MSAA2x because i liked the depth of field it created wich lacked on SMAA, but now SMAA has Depth to. Flickkering shadows and objects seems to be fixed. Ubi FINALLY, did a great job.

TIP: Nvidia users, try rolling back to 331.65 instead of 331.82. Gained 10 fps + on a 560 TI.

DrPhilGood04
12-06-2013, 02:54 AM
i didnt, it autmatically set the resolution from 60hz to 120hz in the options menue.
my monitor is set to 120hz in desktop mode, i guess thats where the game got the info from...

Hmmm I can't seem to remove the cap, no matter what I try in the .ini file. It displays the correct refresh rate in the options menu but the fps is still locked when I use fraps or radeonpro (just like with 1.01). My monitor's refresh rate is 108hz but I don't see why that should be a problem, as nearly every game I've played that had 120hz support worked perfectly at 108.

Have you actually tested the fps with FRAPS?

jeje_71
12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
The PC version will patch next time you launch it.

Patch notes are in the pinned thread =

SINGLE-PLAYER:
* Fixed an issue that made the Juan Garcia assassination contract in Matanzas impossible to finish in certain conditions
* Fix detection issues
* Fixed desynchronization issues during main missions
* Fixed some graphical issues
* Fixed various online sharing issues relating to White Whales, Social Chests and Royal Convoys
* Fixed sword-spawning issues
* Fixed some database entry issues
* Fixed DLC trailer issues
* Fixed various animation issues

MULTIPLAYER
* Fix various crash issues
* Voice Chat improvements
* Fixed Wolfpack game mode behavior with Join In Progress option
* Fixed aspects of the Teleport & Bodyguard Abilities
* Fixed issues with host migration in Wolfpack Game Mode.
* Fixed approach meter behavior when under Timephase Ability effect.
* Fixes implemented in Havana & Kingston maps
* Fixed certain Ability set issues in Manhunt.
* Fixed the Booby Trap activation time
* Fixed frequency of the "extra time target" appearing in Wolfpack Game Mode

may i ask where is this pinned thread you talk about?

thanks.

JM1nt
12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Where's the ultra wide 21x9 support for US with 29" displays?

Black_Widow9
12-07-2013, 08:47 AM
may i ask where is this pinned thread you talk about?

thanks.
You can always find the patch notes for our updates in the Tech Forum. ;) Here's the link to the thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812621-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Title-Update-2-is-LIVE!