PDA

View Full Version : Social Events in Black Flag

simonbelmont17
12-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Am I missing something? I've been playing this game since the PS4's release. I've got Uplay, an internet connection, and friends with the game. I am getting no social events. No white whales, Royal Convoys, or Community Chests. What gives?

D.I.D.
12-03-2013, 07:09 AM
You should be finding them on your own too. I found tons of those things before I'd added a single friend.

Royal Convoys are a cyan "R" on the map. Chests are initially hidden and become triggered by proximity, looking slightly different in colour to ordinary chests, so they're an encouragement to wander as much as possible off the beaten track. The white whales are a nod to Moby ****, and appear as a silhouette of a sperm whale on the map.

They're social in that your finds will be shared with your friends (white whales and royal convoys for only a limited time period of a few minutes), and their finds will be shared with you. But if you're not finding them ever then something's clearly wrong. I can't remember if there's a strict point in the story when these things start to appear, but I assume you're a decent way into the game by now.

[edit] Great, I cannot refer to the works of Hermann Melville!

simonbelmont17
12-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Yeah I have it totally beat and I am trying to complete abstergo challenges for simulation and hunter. I've never once encountered any social events.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 06:33 AM
It's a known issue.

simonbelmont17
12-08-2013, 07:12 AM
It's a known issue.
I'm assuming without a known fix? :(

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm assuming without a known fix? :(

It's being worked on. But you can contact Support, it's what I did, even while knowing it's a known issue.

simonbelmont17
12-08-2013, 07:42 AM
It's being worked on. But you can contact Support, it's what I did, even while knowing it's a known issue.

Okay, thanks for the heads up I'll get in touch with them as soon as the support page is back up.

daftPirate
12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Are the white whale hunts, social chests and royal convoys supposed to be the social events? I was expecting something like those "assassinate X individuals over the weekend", of which there's only been one so far. The only reason it bothers me is because I'd like to unlock the last weapons, but they require social events.

aL_____eX
12-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Are the white whale hunts, social chests and royal convoys supposed to be the social events? I was expecting something like those "assassinate X individuals over the weekend", of which there's only been one so far. The only reason it bothers me is because I'd like to unlock the last weapons, but they require social events.
These are the community challenges. There has been one (Community has to assassinate x enemies and you have to participate with I think 20 assassinations) and there are more upcoming challenges.

The social events are happening in-game (or not happening at the moment :p), while you are connected to uplay. These are the white whales, convoys and social chests. And you will get a notification, if you discovered and shared one with your friends in the game. they are important for completing the Abstergo challenges and the "Sharing is Caring"-Achievement.

Archangel891
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I am very frustrated with this as well I have 2 of each event and would like to get 3 of each to complete the challenges so I have access to all the cheats and such. I have sailed all over the places just randomly and even checked a couple "known" locations. Where people have discovered these with no luck.. Not to mention I would like to unlock the last of the weapons that are unlocked this way.. I think ubisoft needs to increase the frequency or something of these. I have found little to none of them and I have like 60hrs of play and have 100% synch..

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Read the thread. It's currently broken. No one is getting them.

Archangel891
12-09-2013, 12:38 AM
I see that but has ubisoft commented saying it is a confirmed glitch? Some people I know still get them and I haven't found any update on it anywhere.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes, Mr. Shade said it's a known issue in one of the dozens of threads we have for this topic, both in PC and in Console.

tdgor
12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Is a "social" chest the same thing as a "ULC" chest?

luckyto
12-10-2013, 11:03 PM
They fixed it with this patch. They will start again soon. Woot!

Spraragen88
12-12-2013, 04:53 PM
They fixed it with this patch. They will start again soon. Woot!

Yeah, no they didn't. The patch was for Multiplayer stuff ONLY, at least for the consoles.

There is still a BIG issue with social events on PS3, 360, Xbone and PS4 even. PS4 seems to be working better than others though.

guidomista
12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, no they didn't. The patch was for Multiplayer stuff ONLY, at least for the consoles.

There is still a BIG issue with social events on PS3, 360, Xbone and PS4 even.

... and PC too!

smokin_mitch
12-13-2013, 06:33 AM
blue chests / royal convoys and white whales aren't working for me on PC and its the last challenges I need to 100% complete this dam game I hope they fix it soon

punta200
04-06-2014, 04:46 PM
white whale 2 hrs

FigJ
04-13-2014, 11:43 PM

There is still a BIG issue with social events on PS3, 360, Xbone and PS4 even. PS4 seems to be working better than others though.

They really need to fix the problems with the social events. The first one I did was skinning animals I believe and I got a reward of some kind when everyone reached the goal. The current one is to kill X amount of people with just guns and it's been at 100% the last day or two.

I'm new to this whole Uplay thing and if anyone wants to add me for the PS4 my username is FigJ.

Black_Widow9
04-14-2014, 02:30 AM
They really need to fix the problems with the social events. The first one I did was skinning animals I believe and I got a reward of some kind when everyone reached the goal. The current one is to kill X amount of people with just guns and it's been at 100% the last day or two.

I'm new to this whole Uplay thing and if anyone wants to add me for the PS4 my username is FigJ.
The issue has been fixed since the post you quoted. ;)

Even though it may already be at 100% it will be over on the date it says and then we'll get our rewards.

FigJ
04-14-2014, 07:44 PM
The issue has been fixed since the post you quoted. ;)

Even though it may already be at 100% it will be over on the date it says and then we'll get our rewards.

Nice! I figured it would end if we all reached the goal before the deadline. Nice to know it's not bugged anymore.

Edit:

I'm on the PS4.

I just found a Social Chest at 407, 815. It's 1:37PST.

For those still not sure about being able to spot the chests while you're sailing. I had to jump on the little island and run around it until I actually got fairly close to the chest before it showed up.